** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 16

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Everything points to a draw in that game for me. Fulham are missing a fair few players and will probably rest Duff and Dempsey who are probably Fulhams two most creative players. Basle only need a draw to qualify, and with the players they have missing may just settle for that. Basle v Fulham Draw @ 12/5 : 4pts Under 2.5 @ 4/5 : 5pts

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I like the look of Fulham at 5/2 but Hodgson comments about the Europa League has put me off. I wont take Basle cos they only need a draw. What looks like a cagy match the best bet properly Under 2.5 8/11 Paddy Power -its happend in all Fulham Europa games Also Pannathanikos 4/7 Should win to ensure qualification Athletico Bilbao - 13/10 Betferd Good price to ensure top spot in group Roma 10/11 Hills - Sofia already out Roma need to make sure they safe Athletico Bilbao Dnb 4/5 - Roma Dnb 2/5 both with Hills ill take the doubles

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I'm planning to bet a little on this game as it will be televised tonight. My advise is to avoid betting on high stakes. Sturm Graz - Galatasaray Another aimless match, one side got eliminated, the other clinched the first place in groups. I don't have any info on Austrian side but Galatasaray went to Austria with 16 players, without goalkeeper Leo Franco, defenders Gökhan Zan, Ugur Ucar and Sabri, midfielders Arda and Elano and forwards Kewell and Nonda. Other than these, Baros remains injured. These players find plenty of time to play in Rijkaard's rotation and Leo Franco, Zan, Sabri, Arda, Kewell, Nonda and recently Elano can be considered regular first team players. However, visitors can still overcome Sturm Graz as Galatasaray is considered to have the deepest squad in Turkey. With a possible lineup including key players and subs, (Aykut, Emre Asik, Servet, Hakan Balta, Caner Erkin, Mustafa Sarp, Mehmet Topal, Baris Ozbek, Ayhan Akman, Aydin Yilmaz, Keita) I don't think they'll lose. Gala always plays for prestige in Europe and it will be a good opportunity for the subs too. If they can score an early goal in the first half, Rijkaard might put some more youngsters and subs forward in the second half to see their progress and avoid injuries. Besides, Gala has no strikers, Keita is naturally a wing-forward. Looks like set pieces and shots from outside of penalty box will be keys to the result. Weather is reported as -3 tonight and the pitch might be awful, which may effect the outcome of this game. I don't expect many goals, might even be a goalless one. I'll go for Under 2.5 goals but can't decide between Galatasaray win or draw, can't predict home side's way of playing and squad choice. Good luck to us all. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I'm only going to do a crazy accumulator on tonight's games because of the unpredictability, so here's what I am going with.... All with Bet365. Heerenveen (-1) V FK Ventspils @ 2.05. Heerenveen really need a win here, and it is always dangerous to back a side when they need a win, but looking at the odds I think they will win quite comfortably. I can see that Heerenveen's price is as low as 1.28 with some firms, and the price on FK Ventspils has been rising, so I think Heerenveen will get the win they need. I also think that Dutch sides tend to be defensively poor when sides attack them, as proven by the fact Heerenveen have conceded six goals in their other two home fixtures against Lisbon and Hertha. Ventspils have had two impressive results away from home in this competition, but their journey has come to end, whilst Heerenveen's COULD potentially continue. FC Basel v Fulham BOTH teams to score = YES @ 1.83. Fulham need the win, so are unlikely to sit back, and Basle need not to lose. This potentially has the makeup for a very exciting tie. Basel are obviously high scorers at home in their league, which has carried over to the Europa League, and I doubt there will be many backers for Fulham tonight, but they have put out slightly changed sides for both away fixtures in the Europa league and scored in both games. I think they still have a decent side, and don't forget that Roy Hodgson knows Swiss football very well, so I see their chances of scoring as very high. The bookies are very divided over this outcome too, with it being as low as 1.65 with BET1128, and 1.7 with PaddyPower, so I see tremendous value here. FK Partizan v Shakhtar Donetsk @ 1.9. Shakhtar have already beaten Partizan 4-1 in this competition and we can see from both set of results that there is a clear class difference between the two sides. Shakhtar are resisting the urge to rest players here and will want to progress with a 100% record against the weakest side in the group. They are competing on three different fronts and know that they can use the Ukranian winter break to recuperate. AC Sparta Praha @ 2.2 v FC København. I fancy Sparta to get the win here. Both sides are level on points with seven each, but Copenhagen have lost both of their away fixtures whilst Sparta can boast an impressive 2-2 home draw with PSV. I think Copenhagen have struggled away when they come up against decent opposition in Europe. CFR Cluj v PSV Eindhoven BOTH teams to score = YES @ 2.0. I think Cluj's downfall has obviously been their away form with three losses and no goals scored. At home they have been slightly different. They beat Copenhagen 2-0 and scored 2 goals, yet still lost 3-2 to Sparta. PSV have confirmed their qualification and now only look to finish the group stage with a win. PSV will be making several changes, so they aren't possibly going to be in a position of strength, so I can't rule out the possibility that both sides will score here. This is another market where the outcome is undecided among the bookies. Athletic Bilbao v Werder Bremen Over 2.5 goals @ 1.73. Both sides are in fine form domestically. Bilbao after a rocky start have won four out of the last five league fixtures whilst Bremen suffered their first defeat since August at the weekend. All but one of Bremen's Europa league fixtures has gone over 2.5 goals, whilst the same statistic is present for Bilbao. They also boast the group stage top scorer in, Fernando Llorente. With top spot to play for, I can see this being an attacking game of football. These are the fixtures that have the most riding on them, that I can see, so I will leave it there.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16

I'm planning to bet a little on this game as it will be televised tonight. My advise is to avoid betting on high stakes. Sturm Graz - Galatasaray Another aimless match, one side got eliminated, the other clinched the first place in groups. I don't have any info on Austrian side but Galatasaray went to Austria with 16 players, without goalkeeper Leo Franco, defenders Gökhan Zan, Ugur Ucar and Sabri, midfielders Arda and Elano and forwards Kewell and Nonda. Other than these, Baros remains injured. These players find plenty of time to play in Rijkaard's rotation and Leo Franco, Zan, Sabri, Arda, Kewell, Nonda and recently Elano can be considered regular first team players. However, visitors can still overcome Sturm Graz as Galatasaray is considered to have the deepest squad in Turkey. With a possible lineup including key players and subs, (Aykut, Emre Asik, Servet, Hakan Balta, Caner Erkin, Mustafa Sarp, Mehmet Topal, Baris Ozbek, Ayhan Akman, Aydin Yilmaz, Keita) I don't think they'll lose. Gala always plays for prestige in Europe and it will be a good opportunity for the subs too. If they can score an early goal in the first half, Rijkaard might put some more youngsters and subs forward in the second half to see their progress and avoid injuries. Besides, Gala has no strikers, Keita is naturally a wing-forward. Looks like set pieces and shots from outside of penalty box will be keys to the result. Weather is reported as -3 tonight and the pitch might be awful, which may effect the outcome of this game. I don't expect many goals, might even be a goalless one. I'll go for Under 2.5 goals but can't decide between Galatasaray win or draw, can't predict home side's way of playing and squad choice. Good luck to us all. :ok
Dont agree with Gala win at all, i have yet to see them play well this season and they are hardly setting the world alight in the league at the min..think Strum represent excellent value consideing the freezing weather over there currently and they are putting a good side out in a sold out stadium..i watched the first game in Turkey and Strum could easily have won against a very poor side (finished 1-1) I would go for Strum on the 0 handicap at 1.92, the straight win which is as high as 3 on betfair and the -1 handicap at 5.5..good luck

Dont agree with Gala win at all, i have yet to see them play well this season and they are hardly setting the world alight in the league at the min..think Strum represent excellent value consideing the freezing weather over there currently and they are putting a good side out in a sold out stadium..i watched the first game in Turkey and Strum could easily have won against a very poor side (finished 1-1) I would go for Strum on the 0 handicap at 1.92, the straight win which is as high as 3 on betfair and the -1 handicap at 5.5..good luck
Yeah, agreed. I skipped this game though because Gala are apparently planning on making changes.

Athletico Bilbao - 13/10 Betferd Good price to ensure top spot in group Athletico Bilbao Dnb 4/5 - Roma Dnb 2/5 both with Hills ill take the doubles
I wouldn't touch this personally. No Llorente for the game tonight and they don't attack anywhere near as well without him. Bremen's defenders are too strong for De Cerio and Toquero although Muniain will cause problems if he plays but Llorente did the damage in Germany. Bremen played very well at home to Bilbao and could take three points from this game unless Bilbao really take the game to them 'cause if it's a battle of tactics then the Germans should walk this.

Nice call Jase' date=' Fulham 2-0 up before half-time. Zamora's on fire at the mo.[/quote'] Yeah no worries. Just saw the score come in at HT. I think Fulham are continuously underestimated not just in Europe, but the leage also. It happened last year when a lot of people were opposing them on here based on the fact that Fulham were supposedly "punching above their weight". Roy Hodgson should be the next England manager in my opinion. There is still 45 minutes to go, so hopefully it finishes 1-2, so my both teams to score bet comes in too.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Not had a flutter for a little while, was just looking at the ladbrokes site tonight betting in play the heerenveen match was 0-0 at 40 mins, the odds had moved from an opening 2/7 to 1/3 at 40 mins, at that same time a draw h/t heerenveen f/t with 5 mins to half time was evens. Surely this is not something that happens a lot. Thought it was a mistake by ladbrokes.

Not had a flutter for a little while' date=' was just looking at the ladbrokes site tonight betting in play the heerenveen match was 0-0 at 40 mins, the odds had moved from an opening 2/7 to 1/3 at 40 mins, at that same time a draw h/t heerenveen f/t with 5 mins to half time was evens. Surely this is not something that happens a lot. Thought it was a mistake by ladbrokes.[/quote'] Yeah, Ventspils "collapse" in the 2nd half isn't something I'm really surprised at.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 So no reasoning,have no time I'm taking Club Brugge at @2.62 at home. As far as i know they have some players back and will field strong squad while Toulouse still missing players due to injuries and suspensions. Agree with Jase on Sparta Prague @2.37 GL :ok

I wouldn't touch this personally. No Llorente for the game tonight and they don't attack anywhere near as well without him. Bremen's defenders are too strong for De Cerio and Toquero although Muniain will cause problems if he plays but Llorente did the damage in Germany. Bremen played very well at home to Bilbao and could take three points from this game unless Bilbao really take the game to them 'cause if it's a battle of tactics then the Germans should walk this.
Hmm... didnt no Llorente was not playing also i heard Bremen were leavin there main players at home ,anyways i took them on DNB much safer and Roma already done the buisness so its looking good :hope

I like the look of Fulham at 5/2 :sadbut Hodgson comments about the Europa League has put me off. I wont take Basle cos they only need a draw. What looks like a cagy match the best bet properly Under 2.5 8/11 Paddy Power -its happend in all Fulham Europa games Also Pannathanikos 4/7 Should win to ensure qualification Athletico Bilbao - 13/10 Betferd Good price to ensure top spot in group Roma 10/11 Hills - Sofia already out Roma need to make sure they safe Athletico Bilbao Dnb 4/5 - Roma Dnb 2/5 both with Hills ill take the doubles
Why didnt i take fulham:wall. my unders bet :( Didnt expect that

So no reasoning,have no time I'm taking Club Brugge at @2.62 at home. As far as i know they have some players back and will field strong squad while Toulouse still missing players due to injuries and suspensions. Agree with Jase on Sparta Prague @2.37 GL :ok
Club Brugge saved my ass with last minute goal :nana Didn't expect that performance from Sparta :( They are out from Europe now...good for them :lol

Heerenveen (-1) V FK Ventspils @ 2.05. :) FC Basel v Fulham BOTH teams to score = YES @ 1.83. :) FK Partizan v Shakhtar Donetsk @ 1.9. :wall AC Sparta Praha @ 2.2 v FC København. :wall CFR Cluj v PSV Eindhoven BOTH teams to score = YES @ 2.0. :wall Athletic Bilbao v Werder Bremen Over 2.5 goals @ 1.73. :)
Happy with 3/6.

I've been pondering Club Brugge -0.25 AH at 1.96. I think it's quite an attractive bet for two reasons. Firstly, you have a bit of draw cover, which could easily happen as Brugge only need a draw to progress. Secondly, Toulouse haven't been especially convincing of late. They are quite a conservative team (as 4-1-4-1) suggests and they tend to counter attack when away from home. Gignac is a danger if given a chance. I don't know enough about Brugge to make a informed verdict on them, although I was impressed by the way they equalised in stoppage time over in France. They held Shakhtar over in the Ukraine, a feat nobody has achieved for quite some time, so they're obviously a robust side. This will also be Toulouse's third game in six days. They have a small squad and there are a few injuries and niggles. Congre, their captain, will be a miss in the heart of their defence. I'd edge towards Brugge but I don't know enough about them to put cash on it. Good luck if you choose to bet :ok
:wall :wall :wall Silly, silly Atko. You wrote this. Club Brugge at -0.25 AH was the call but did you take it? No. I really should follow my hunches. Thankfully a profit was made in Ligue 1.

I like the look of Fulham at 5/2 but Hodgson comments about the Europa League has put me off. I wont take Basle cos they only need a draw. What looks like a cagy match the best bet properly Under 2.5 8/11 Paddy Power -its happend in all Fulham Europa games :$ Well it was not ment to be today Also Pannathanikos 4/7 Should win to ensure qualification :ok Athletico Bilbao - 13/10 Betferd Good price to ensure top spot in group Roma 10/11 Hills - Sofia already out Roma need to make sure they safe Athletico Bilbao Dnb 4/5 - Roma Dnb 2/5 both with Hills ill take the doubles
Didn't take Bilbao or Roma singles after all but took them in a draw no bet doubles. :spank Bilboa shocking, i should of checked if lorente was playing :sad

Nacional Vs. Austria Wien - HOME WIN @ 1.95 (local) :clap Panathinaikos Vs. Dinamo B. - HOME WIN @ 1.55 (local) :clap Heerenveen Vs. Ventspils - HOME WIN @ 1.35 (local) :clap
I know this wasn't a tough bet, but it was the supporting bet for last night, so I'm satisfied with it... Congrats to all winners, GL for tonight :hope