** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Dec 16

Djordje

Wednesday 16 December 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifCSKA Sofia v AS Roma (18:00 GMT) 4 3.6 2.12 99.95 %
maximize.gifFC Basel v Fulham (18:00 GMT) 2.25 3.5 3.6 100.79 %
maximize.gifHeerenveen v FK Ventspils (18:00 GMT) 1.38 5.4 10 100.98 %
maximize.gifHertha BSC v Sporting CP (18:00 GMT) 2.1 3.4 4.2 100.84 %
maximize.gifPanathinaikos v Dinamo Bucuresti (18:00 GMT) 1.58 4.1 8 100.18 %
maximize.gifSK Puntigamer Sturm Graz v Galatasaray SK (18:00 GMT) 2.75 3.4 3 99.11 %
maximize.gifAC Sparta Praha v FC København (20:05 GMT) 2.32 3.4 3.55 100.68 %
maximize.gifAthletic Bilbao v Werder Bremen (20:05 GMT) 2.58 3.5 3 100.66 %
maximize.gifCFR Cluj v PSV Eindhoven (20:05 GMT) 2.58 3.45 2.98 101.30 %
maximize.gifClub Brugge v Toulouse FC (20:05 GMT) 2.37 3.4 3.45 100.50 %
maximize.gifFK Partizan v Shakhtar Donetsk (20:05 GMT) 4.2 3.6 2.03 100.85 %
maximize.gifNacional da Madeira v FK Austria Wien (20:05 GMT) 2.05 3.55 4.33 100.03 %

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I can see Fulham pulling off a result in Basle tomorrow. I'll have to check team news, but they could be the value bet as the Swiss league in my opinion is much weaker than the EPL, and Fulham have impressed me with their general play over these games. Only slight doub tI have is that they really do NEED three points.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I think Roma are a good bet to beat CSKA Sofia. By far the worst team in the group against an improving Roma. They will want to ensure top place in the group and I imagine will play a strong side. Will have to hear team news before deciding but i like the look of them.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 From wikipedia:

• Hertha BSC will qualify if:
    • they do not lose to Sporting CP OR
    • Heerenveen do not defeat Ventspils

[*]Heerenveen will qualify if they defeat Ventspils AND Sporting CP defeat Hertha BSC

• Basel will qualify if:
    • they do not lose to Fulham

• Panathinaikos will qualify if they win or draw or lose by 0:1 score against Dinamo Bucureşti
  • Dinamo Bucureşti will qualify if they defeat Panathinaikos by any score other than 1-0
  • Club Brugge will qualify if they do not lose to Toulouse

• Copenhagen will qualify if they do not lose to Sparta Prague

So most of the qualification will be decided by 'playoffs', the rest are dead rubbers as far as I'm concerned - I'm sceptical of how much of a motivation it is to finish top even in the CL, this much moreso. So I suppose team news will be the important thing in those games. Also just from scanning the list a lot of the top teams are away, which makes it that little bit more difficult. I am wary of Shaktar, Gala, Roma - even playing the weakest teams in the respective groups.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Basel need just one point from this match in order to make it to the knockout stages, while Fulham need all three points to pip the Swiss to the second place in the group. The Cottagers win the first match 1:0 but they will now have much more difficult task in Switzerland. Just one more point This season is full of contrasts for FC Basel since the team are doing really well in Europa League but are largely struggling in domestic championship. With three wins from five group games, the Swiss side are in a good position to qualify and they only need one point from this game for that to happen. Thorsten Fink’s men have been very convincing in home games this season, scoring 20 goals in last 6 games at St Jacob’s Park, but they are unlikely to continue such a good run against rock-solid Fulham defence. Therefore, our advice is to back Basel to score under 1.5 goals at 1.60 offered by Sprotingbet. Boss Thorsten Fink rested almost all first team regulars in the Cup match against Biel, thus all his players will be completely ready for this clash. Carlitos and Huggel will be responsible for the creative department, while Frei and Streller will form attacking partnership and it is these two that will create the visiting defence big problems. The boss has no notable absentees apart from midfielder Marko Perovic and he is set to field the strongest available line-up. Premiership remains the priority Despite some early season struggles, Fulham are coping really well with playing in two strong competitions, although Premiership remains the priority. The Cottagers played really well against Burnley last weekend and were very unlucky not to win the game, but it’s now time to turn to their European campaign. Even though Roy Hodgson has announced he would field a weakened side against Basel, the Cottagers will be looking for a win and there is no doubt they are the better team here. One way or another, we don’t think Basel have the quality to win this game so you should really consider backing Fulham not to lose at 1.75 offered by William Hill. This game will be a great chance for Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu to gain some match practice after recovering from injuries, while the boss is also hoping Andy Johnson will play some part. Chris Baird, Erik Nevland and Paul Konchesky are suspended for this clash, while Gera, Riise and Smalling should also be in the starting line-up.... ........smells like a draw...hope fulham make it through...@4:gimme:drums:drums:drums

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 NO PLAY :i Totti, Doni, Vucinic, Menez e Mexes.Taddei, Cicinho, Tonetto, Doni, Pit, Esposito, Faty, Antunes. ROMA Andreolli, Artur, Baptista, Bertagnoli, Brighi, Burdisso, Cassetti, Cerci, De Rossi, Greco, Guberti, Juan, Lobont, Motta, Okaka, Perrotta, Pettinari, Pizarro, Riise Scardina.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16

Basel need just one point from this match in order to make it to the knockout stages, while Fulham need all three points to pip the Swiss to the second place in the group. The Cottagers win the first match 1:0 but they will now have much more difficult task in Switzerland. Just one more point This season is full of contrasts for FC Basel since the team are doing really well in Europa League but are largely struggling in domestic championship. With three wins from five group games, the Swiss side are in a good position to qualify and they only need one point from this game for that to happen. Thorsten Fink’s men have been very convincing in home games this season, scoring 20 goals in last 6 games at St Jacob’s Park, but they are unlikely to continue such a good run against rock-solid Fulham defence. Therefore, our advice is to back Basel to score under 1.5 goals at 1.60 offered by Sprotingbet. Boss Thorsten Fink rested almost all first team regulars in the Cup match against Biel, thus all his players will be completely ready for this clash. Carlitos and Huggel will be responsible for the creative department, while Frei and Streller will form attacking partnership and it is these two that will create the visiting defence big problems. The boss has no notable absentees apart from midfielder Marko Perovic and he is set to field the strongest available line-up. Premiership remains the priority Despite some early season struggles, Fulham are coping really well with playing in two strong competitions, although Premiership remains the priority. The Cottagers played really well against Burnley last weekend and were very unlucky not to win the game, but it’s now time to turn to their European campaign. Even though Roy Hodgson has announced he would field a weakened side against Basel, the Cottagers will be looking for a win and there is no doubt they are the better team here. One way or another, we don’t think Basel have the quality to win this game so you should really consider backing Fulham not to lose at 1.75 offered by William Hill. This game will be a great chance for Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu to gain some match practice after recovering from injuries, while the boss is also hoping Andy Johnson will play some part. Chris Baird, Erik Nevland and Paul Konchesky are suspended for this clash, while Gera, Riise and Smalling should also be in the starting line-up.... ........smells like a draw...hope fulham make it through...@4:gimme:drums:drums:drums
I personally think Fulham might just nick it depending on what team they put out, but agreed i think Basel are a good side at home and having only lost 1-0 in the away leg they will be confident of picking up at least the required point..would have liked to put some big money down on these games as it is the last round of group games and some of the teams will be sending over skeleton sides, however its not a good time of year for me with Christmas just around the corner! Alot of these games are a bit of a coin toss anyway with some eliminated sides playing against sides already through..nice write up anyhow :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 After a good night last night I was tempted to have a go on the Europa tonight...but as has been said, very tough to call at this point in the group stages. Roma look to be fielding a very weak side (from the players I see are out anyway...I'm not a Serie A buff), and with the news from mattmcandrew about the missing Fulham players, I think that game's a no go too. If I was forced into betting tonight, I'd say under in a few of the 'decided' games would be a shout...but not for me tonight.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Jan Breydel Stadium will be packed Club Brugge had massive problems over the last few years and they became the third team in Belgium behind Anderlecht and Standard, but their fans are certainly happy to see big uptrend in fortunes this season. Adrie Koster’s team are sitting in second place in domestic league, while they are just one step away from making it to the Europa League knockout stages. Considering the hosts only need one point to go through, we expect them to adopt a cautious approach and seeing Toulouse are likely to do the same, our advice is to bet on under 1.5 goals in the first half at odds of 1.42 offered by Expekt. Karel Geraerts returns from domestic suspension and with Ronald Vargas also expected to return to the squad, back-up keeper Geert De Vlieger remain the only unavailable player at the moment. Wesley Sonck and Ivan Perisic are expected to start up front and these are the players likely to cause problems for Toulouse defence. Ivan Perisic is one of the best scorers in this edition of Europa League, having scored four goals in five games and you should really consider backing Perisic to score at 3.60 offered by Boylesports. Casanova will not field his strongest side Toulouse picked up seven points from five group games, which is a good result considering Alain Casanova had fielded a weakened side in every single Europa League game and we expect him to do the same in this match. Le Tefece will, nevertheless, try to win this game and thus qualify for the knockout stages but we still expect them to adopt cautious approach since this is just their style of play. TFC boast an excellent defensive record, having conceded just two goals in last five games and we see a good value in backing Brugge to score under 1.5 goals at 1.55 offered by Sportingbet. Besides long-term absentees, Pele, Blondel, Cetto, Mansare, Devaux and Pentecote, Alain Casanova is also without Daniel Congre, who is ill and suspended Mathieu Berson. The good news is that former Bordeaux keeper Mathieu Valverde, who had been brought as a replacement for injured Pele and Blondel, received clearance and he will start in goal against Brugge. Even though the visitors need a win on order to continue their European campaign, we expect Alain Casanova to rest his key players for the league game against Auxerre. Betting verdict Brugge will play patiently since they only need one point to go through, while Toulouse are not the sort of team that would go with all guns blazing from the start even though they need a win to qualify..under 2.5 seems reasonable..:gimme:drums:drums:drums

Basel definitely look the value of the day for me. Fulham have 6 of their 21 Europa League assigned players out (Johnson' date=' Davies and Kamara through injury and Baird, Konchesky and Nevland suspended).[/quote'] My maths isn't the best, but doesn't that still leave them with 15 players? Anyway, Erik Nevland is available. I'm assuming he served his suspension versus Sofia. The provisional squad; Schwarzer, Zuberbuhler, Pantsil, Hangeland, Smalling, Kelly, Hughes, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey, Gera, Riise, Greening, Duff, E Johnson, Nevland, Seol, Zamora. They are set to not put out their strongest side, but they did the same when facing Sofia away. Dickson Etuhu and Danny Murphy should come back into the first XI.

Toulouse will go 4-1-4-1' date=' as per usual: Valverde; M'Bengue, Fofana, Ebondo, Nounkeu; Didot; Sissoko, Tabanou, Braaten, Machado; Gignac.[/quote'] What do you think about this match Atko? It's clear that Tolouse don't have depth to compete in two competitions. Do you think they can give up the Europa League and concentrate on Ligue 1 where they occupy only 11th position ? I'm very tempted by Brugge, but want to hear your opinion first. :cheers

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 The key players for Fulham are Schwazer, Hangeland, Murphy, Dempsey, Zamora and Johnson. Apart from that, they have some decent players but they are changeable, it's a small squad but Hodgson can make a few changes and not lose too much quality if he keeps those players in. I think all but Johnson will likely start tonight?

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 I had decent punts in the former round of EL, but tonights games don't sit too well with me. I just can't figure some matches out, so I'll play only a modest triple: Nacional Vs. Austria Wien - HOME WIN @ 1.95 (local) There's no chance of them going through, but I believe that Nacional will try to win on home ground for a goodbye to Europe League. Guests are coming demotivated, I think this will be a clear home win. Panathinaikos Vs. Dinamo B. - HOME WIN @ 1.55 (local) The Greeks will get the job done, I can't see Dinamo B. getting anything out of this match Heerenveen Vs. Ventspils - HOME WIN @ 1.35 (local) I believe that there's a big difference between these two clubs, and that Heerenveen will try to qualify, and will give their best shot, hoping for a good Sporting's result against Hertha.

What do you think about this match Atko? It's clear that Tolouse don't have depth to compete in two competitions. Do you think they can give up the Europa League and concentrate on Ligue 1 where they occupy only 11th position ? I'm very tempted by Brugge' date=' but want to hear your opinion first. :cheers[/quote'] I've been pondering Club Brugge -0.25 AH at 1.96. I think it's quite an attractive bet for two reasons. Firstly, you have a bit of draw cover, which could easily happen as Brugge only need a draw to progress. Secondly, Toulouse haven't been especially convincing of late. They are quite a conservative team (as 4-1-4-1) suggests and they tend to counter attack when away from home. Gignac is a danger if given a chance. I don't know enough about Brugge to make a informed verdict on them, although I was impressed by the way they equalised in stoppage time over in France. They held Shakhtar over in the Ukraine, a feat nobody has achieved for quite some time, so they're obviously a robust side. This will also be Toulouse's third game in six days. They have a small squad and there are a few injuries and niggles. Congre, their captain, will be a miss in the heart of their defence. I'd edge towards Brugge but I don't know enough about them to put cash on it. Good luck if you choose to bet :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Hertha Berlin v Sporting Lisbon Hertha are simply woeful right now and the only reason they are in with a chance of qualification to the knockout stages is the fact they share a group with the equally poor Latvian outfit Ventspils and Heerenveen. They sit bottom of the Bundesliga where they have not won a game since the opening day. Sporting aren't having the greatest season domestically sitting in 7th but they have won both their Europa away games in this section and despite being assured of qualification while Hertha need a point, even a fringe Sporting side look value here at 3/1 to complete a clean sweep of away wins in this group against a very poor Hertha Berlin side. Recommendation 2pts- Sporting Lisbon - 3/1 general

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 i will have to check on team news etc but sporting look good at 3/1 to overcome hertha, draw in panathinaikos match would suit them at 3/1 looks good value for me, galatasary 6/4 is good price there top off their group depends how much they want to win this one, roma and fulham both to win at good odds as well both need the win to stay in the competition,ventspils at 7/1 will do me both poor teams heereven need to win though so can see them being exposed at back especially late on if its left 0-0.bilboa-bremen both threw depends on team news first look bremen win for me,psv should win if they put out a strong team, toulouse to win at 7/4 to qualify and if gignac plays anytime scorer at 2.75 people should get on, austria vienna to win 11/4 both teams on 2 points i think vienna are stronger though, shaktar to win at evens once again depends on team news, sparta to win there at home only need a draw to qualify think they will get the win 6/5 looks good so here we go depends on team news sporting lisbon 3/1 draw 3/1 in the pana match galatasary 6/4 roma 10/11 fulham 15/8 ventspils 7/1 werder bremen 6/4 psv 13/8 toulouse 7/4 and gignac 2.75 a vienna 11/4 shaktar evens sparta prague 6/5 theres my views wednesdays games will be back tomorrow to see if any were right and give my views for thursdays

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Heerenveen has a almost complete squad tonight. Also Breuer is expected to play after injury, and Janmaat is back from being suspended. PSV won't play with Dzudsak (Rested with small injury), Manolev and Engelaar. Coach Rutten also called up 2 youth players. Still the team should be strong enough. Koevermans will replace Dzudsak and Marcellis replaces Manolev.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 Sparta are missing Repka, their skipper and most important player when it comes to motivation. The Danes will sure park the bus in front of their goal, but it even won't be necessary, Sparta can go forward, but can't push for a goal for the whole 90 minutes. I assume the best call could be under 2.5 g, but the price is probably nothing to write home about.

i will have to check on team news etc but sporting look good at 3/1 to overcome hertha' date=' draw in panathinaikos match would suit them at 3/1 looks good value for me, galatasary 6/4 is good price there top off their group depends how much they want to win this one, roma and fulham both to win at good odds as well both need the win to stay in the competition,ventspils at 7/1 will do me both poor teams heereven need to win though so can see them being exposed at back especially late on if its left 0-0.bilboa-bremen both threw depends on team news first look bremen win for me,psv should win if they put out a strong team, toulouse to win at 7/4 to qualify and if gignac plays anytime scorer at 2.75 people should get on, austria vienna to win 11/4 both teams on 2 points i think vienna are stronger though, shaktar to win at evens once again depends on team news, [b']sparta to win there at home only need a draw to qualify think they will get the win 6/5 looks good
Sparta need to win, the Danes can go for a draw and I wouldn't be surprised by a 0-0 result.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 As usual can't find any team news on Cluj but im considering them nonetheless. They coukd consider this game as a pleasant distraction wheras i cant see PSV giving a rats arse about this game and their team selection has 'b' team or even 'c' team stamped on it

Re: UEFA Europa League » Dec 16 No way PSV is going to play with a B/C team. Totally nonsens. They will field a strong line up: Isaksson; Marcellis, Ooijer, Salcido, Pieters; Afellay, Bakkal, Toivonen; Lazovic, Koevermans, Amrabat (or Reis). PSV Coach (and Captain Ooijer) says they want a result here. They can get a new club record if they are not defeated this match. Yes, coach Rutten called up 2 youth players, but the basic eleven is strong enough to beat Cluj. Not that I support that bet. I'm thinking about Over 2.50 @2.42 (massive odds since Cluj scored 2 times in last 2 EL home matches, PSV scored in almost every UEFA/EL match in their entire history), or Both teams to score @1.80. Maybe PSV +0.25 @1.75 or DNB @2.05 is also good. But losing PSV? No way.

My maths isn't the best, but doesn't that still leave them with 15 players? Anyway, Erik Nevland is available. I'm assuming he served his suspension versus Sofia. The provisional squad; Schwarzer, Zuberbuhler, Pantsil, Hangeland, Smalling, Kelly, Hughes, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey, Gera, Riise, Greening, Duff, E Johnson, Nevland, Seol, Zamora. They are set to not put out their strongest side, but they did the same when facing Sofia away. Dickson Etuhu and Danny Murphy should come back into the first XI.
This is what pisses me off about some sites. Erik Nevland is still suspended. Probable starting eleven for Fulham is: Schwarzer; Kelly, Pantsil, Hangeland, Smalling; Davies, Murphy, Etuhu, Gera; Riise, Zamora Basle aren't without their own selection worries. Goalkeeper David Costanzo, defenders Francois Marque and Cagdas Atan, and midfielders Scott Chipperfield and Antonio Da Silva are all injured. All but Francois Marque played some part in Basle's 1-0 loss in London.