** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion

bowles10

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion Hmm, probably helps, Mark. I might get a way to figure the race out some day. Learning the game step by step :) So far, I have backed a horse who I can't post here, beucase it's inside information. Backed him double figures and he's single figures now, so I have the value. And the other horse I've backed is Lios A Choil NRNB, who I like a lot and I know Mullins always mentions him in his interviews and seems to like a lot. Hopefully 20/1 NRNB and 10/1 for place will be huge if they can get him to the festival. From today's interview it seems they fancy their chances and are trying their best to bring him over. If they manage, I'll have two pretty nice e/w bets and I'd have beaten the SPs :)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion

Yesterday, 22:22 #211 (permalink)
mileni4uk Eastern European Punter ball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifball.gifavatar11484_1.gif Join Date: 23 Aug 2006 Location: Bulgaria Age: 26 Posts: 7,918 im_msn.gif miuen4o
Awards Showcaseoscarsicon.gif atrbbtdicon.gif oscarsicon.gif atrbbtdicon.gif Total Awards: 4
icon1.gif Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion
Hmm, probably helps, Mark. I might get a way to figure the race out some day. Learning the game step by step :) So far, I have backed a horse who I can't post here, beucase it's inside information. Backed him double figures and he's single figures now, so I have the value. And the other horse I've backed is Lios A Choil NRNB, who I like a lot and I know Mullins always mentions him in his interviews and seems to like a lot. Hopefully 20/1 NRNB and 10/1 for place will be huge if they can get him to the festival. From today's interview it seems they fancy their chances and are trying their best to bring him over. If they manage, I'll have two pretty nice e/w bets and I'd have beaten the SPs :)

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion 5:15 Cheltenham ELEGANT CONCORDE - HIDDEN UNIVERSE - DRUMBALOO - AL FEROF - DAY OF A LIFETIME - SHOT FROM THE HIP Got betting of Racingpost site - shows all bookies bets - So assuming the horse is one of these as only ones with Single figures in betting ;) STANDS TO REASON AS I HAVE NOTED THAT THE WINNER OF CHAMPION BUMPER IS USUALLY IN THE TOP 6 OF BETTING.

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion Another one bites the dust - lame seems to be a few going this way this season do you think its because they are working them a little harder due to disrupted preperation ? Uimhiraceathair has been ruled out of next week's RSA Chase at Cheltenham after suffering a setback. The eight-year-old was due to defend an unbeaten record over fences, having registered successes at Gowran and Navan, and had been as short as 10-1 for the Festival after impressing in a gallop at Leopardstown last month. However, champion trainer Willie Mullins has confirmed his charge will not be heading to Prestbury Park. The County Carlow handler said: "He's lame and he's not going to Cheltenham."

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion Hi gents , basically a football punter here so pretty useless to anyone but i love the Cheltenham. Quick question ,wondering if you guys (or would be proffesional horse bettors) record major jump races throughout the year and play them back a few times comming up to Cheltenham before making up your mind . I imagine that alot of the professionls would do this . Obviously i dont but i have often wondered if it makes any difference to visualising a winner as opposed to listening to endless tv and radio punters who say and do all the right things apart from actually picking winners. Thanks

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion There is an endless amount of free coverage on ATR and RUK sites, all you need to do is sign up, no fees needed for the free coverage. Buy the Racing Post, Weekender, Update papers, etc., and the experts will have you more confused than you'd ever want to be. In fact it would probably be enough to put you off. If there was a prolific pundit worth following they're papers would never attract the bookie's advertising. Study your own mate, make your own mind up, share your thoughts on here, the guys on here are pretty knowledgeable. The Cheltenham forum has a lot of good info from the trends guys that'll help narrow things down a bit (and then attract an argument or three). To your original question, it does help to watch the races, but also study the conditions of the race (going, distance, type of track, class of race, etc.,). There is so much other things to consider such as how trainers target their horses to Cheltenham, etc. Really, there's just too much to casually try to pick up in a few days. Hope you enjoy it mate and good luck whatever you choose.

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion Cheers boss good luck to you as well. Guy i know watches re-runs of past races over and over again studying the horses breathing , if its expending unnecessary energy how lucky/unlucky it was etc etc and takes it very seriously. He's pretty good at it and is either capped or barred from most firms now. Anxway its hard to get tips from him as he'd sooner peel an orange in his back pocket and isn't well liked by most round here. Anyway he's backed what a friend e/w(around 25/1) for the gold cup and i have to admit i'd agree with him. Definatley a progressive type and you'd feel able to challenge the likes of Denman and Imperial commander for a place. Anyway top Forum lads and will reading it.

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion 14:05 Cheltenham - Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle 1pt E/W Marodima @ 33/1 (Victor Chandler) This horse doesn't meet many of the trends but trends don't totally concern me as much as others but it has met two trends which are "15 of the last 16 winners had run at least 4 times during the season" and "17 of the last 21 winners finished in the first 4 last time out (13 finished 1st or 2nd)." Tends aside I think this horse has a fantastic profile. He has won 5/17 over hurdles, that includes a further 6 places. He has also won 4/13 and placed in 4 other races over the jumps. The horse used to be with the Nicholls yard and didn't make a great start for Rebecca Curtis when he pulled up at Ffos Las back in August. He unplaced in his next 3 runs but has come to life this year, that started off in a listed race at Sandown where he was 3/3 but he was beaten by Binocular and Dee Ee Williams. Since then he has went on to win two class 3 handicaps, one of which he won in impressive fashion winning by 32 lengths. The form has not been franked on either of those occasions but I feel he is still capable of winning off a mark of 145 considering he won 2 races off 148 in the past. The horse has yet to win at Cheltenham but has only had the three runs at the track which has resulted in form of 299, all three of those were in chases though so it will be interesting to see how he copes at the track over hurdles. Aodhagen Conlon has claimed 7lbs in the horses last 3 rides and I feel his claim would definately help in this race but I will be confident the horse has place claims at the bery least no matter who is on board. I will more than likely have another play in this race once the final decs have been announced.

Re: CHELTENHAM 2010 - Ante Post bets & discussion FREE WORLD 12/1 BET365 (bog) GRAND ANNUAL CHASE FRI 19th March Owned by Kauto Star/Master Minded owner Clive Smith, i am told the horse will definitely run in this race and this has been the target since the horse ran so well under new tactics at the course earlier in the season. Was beaten just under 5L by Kalahari King at Doncaster last time out and knowing the horse was given 5lb that day by the winner, there is no point in contesting the Champion Chase with stablemate Master Minded. So, the plan is to go for the last race on the card and along with French Opera the horse looks a decent bet at these prices. Will no doubt start shorter so had an ante post bet now 5pts win