** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions

teaulc

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions [ ] Play 30k sngs [ ] 20k profit from sngs [ ] 5k profit from mtt [ ] qualify for a live +3k buy in event. [ ] take a vegas trip [ ] win another omaha mtt with +200 runners Stop playing mtts when I know I'm not feeling it. When I grinding sng's I tend to just register for a dozen tournies on stars by the time I finished my sng session I've got all these tournies up I have no interest to carry on so I just play stupid. At the end of the week it tallys upto a couple hundred dollar wasted. This is a huge leak in my profits each week.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions Never to play poker on Virgin :loon Withdraw all funds, convert v-points and not play as much as a freeroll there ever again. There is running bad and then there is taking the mick, but I value my laptop and my HD TV too much to carry on playing there! Posted first losing month in over two years in November and enough is enough. It seems the only way to win on Virgin is to get your chips in bad....... Going to play Full Tilt in the New Year with set goals, no playing drunk or tired and see if my luck changes.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions Simply to try and play more. This year, as the kids get older, online poker was relegated behind taxi services back and forth from football, netball, swimming, choir, brownies, cubs etc etc. One real goal - finish above WASP in next years APAT online rankings. Not much I know, but I've got to start again somewhere :tongue2

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions

You've lost 1 month in over 24 and you think it's rigged against you? :loon You're off your trolley!
I didn't say it was rigged against me.....it just seems (IMHO) to favour bad play more than good lately and I think a change of scenery will do me good. Besides which there must be more than me who hasn't had a losing month in over two years (isn't there?) :unsure

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions Going to really study my opponents' play inbetween playing. Did some a few days ago and my last few sessions my aggression has nearly doubled as i found places to exploit people so will be looking for more of that. Want to play the WSOP one of the low buy-in events. Julio you must be pretty rich if youve only 1 losing month in 2years :loon

I didn't say it was rigged against me.....it just seems (IMHO) to favour bad play more than good lately and I think a change of scenery will do me good. Besides which there must be more than me who hasn't had a losing month in over two years (isn't there?) :unsure
I've had one losing month(and one month off) in 10 years online so if you are playing high volume low stakes poker and have a reasonable IQ those sort of stats are highly likely. Never get rich that way mind you.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions 1. I'm only going to play once a week and then only if i'm in the mood so i can fully concentrate 2. try and respect small wins. they all add up. 3. not play 3/6 HU against a good reg because i'm drunk and not even try to play well:$ 4. try and play live more - I play much better and find it alot more fun. Get very bored playing online these days.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions May I ask those who want to play an EPT or WSOP event have you considered a GUK or even an APAT event first? As my thought are: EPT - big buy in, huge field, no value, week away. WSOP - buy in manageable but huge expenses on top, huuuuge fields, no value, over a week away. GUK - easy to sat in, added value, small field, 2/3 days away. APAT - small buy in, small field, huuuge value, 1/2 days away. Just interested thats all. I was going to play an EPT this year but when I weighed it up it didn't seem worth it and the sats on stars are ridic. The IPO is a good one for the calendar small buy in with added value, also the pokerstars tour looks interesting. Unfortunately I'm away for the Manchester leg but will be trying for the DTD leg. Also right there at DTD you have an event every month that has added value. I'm not sure about the GUK next year the only definite for me is Blackpool but may do others. I still have no aspirations to play in the WSOP (you have to see it to believe it) but if I am there in June I may try a few sats. :ok

Only one. :ok To try and get my love of poker back. :hope
I thought that a while ago mate, I'm playing the odd cash session (min stakes) and the very odd tourny but to be honest I'm really not missing it that much. Do intend to play a little more this year but will never go back to the stage where I was playing several hours a night every night. (may be different if I was a consistant winning player :lol:\ ) For me it's to try and play a little more and hopefully get back onto a PL exclusive league and have a bloody good crack like we used to :ok

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions I realized during last year that what I enjoy most is playing reasonably high buy-in ($50+), reasonably deep-stacked MTTs, and what I seem to be best at is playing multi-qualifier satellites, so in 2010 I'll be concentrating more on satelliting into "big" MTTs. (I've been doing that anyway towards the end of this year.) I always start the year keeping records of my profit/loss, but I usually lose track by halfway through the year. And I've only really kept a very basic total of profit/loss. In 2010 I'll make a real effort to keep a serious detailed record. I also intend to cut down a bit on playing random tournaments just because I'm at a loose end and vaguely feel like playing some poker (I never seem to do very well in that frame of mind anyway), and watch more poker training videos instead.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions Ok - not sure, but think this is my first go at a resolution :unsure I started keeping complete records of my play at the start of this year, and also downloaded and paid for poker tracker. To be honest, neither did me any favours for some reason. So, around May I ditched both, and since then the year has been pretty good, with a trip to Macau, old debts cleared, and a new TV/dvd :ok So, what are my plans for 2010...... 1. Increase biggest cash to > $10k (currently c.$6k) 2. Qualify for, and cash in a decent buy-in live event 3. Try to avoid playing poor value games 4. Aim for continued increase in monthly return 5. Generally play bigger buy-in online tourneys and aim for decent cashes 6. Dependent on the other 5 (may add details later in the year :hope)

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions After deciding to have an extended break and withdrawing all funds from my accounts, my 2010 resplution is simple, to start again. I will deposit $500 (or thereabouts) in a new site, play exclusively there in MTT's, not play just cos I am bored or drunk:$, not withdraw funds to purchse goodies (pretty much got everything now) and try and build up my bankroll. I will also (and I say this every year!!) track my results.

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions Keep my focus on enjoying playing. See any winnings as a secondary target and as means to be able to afford playing bigger games at a responsible way. Further improve my skill and self-control at the pokertable. (Should get back at meditating or watching 20 mins of light comedy before I start my pokersession to get myself in the fucussed, relaxed and playfull mindset) Take more stabs at live poker

Re: Poker / 2010 New Year Resolutions This time last yr i had a lot of other distractions going on like Uni and so didn't really set any goals as i was having a break from poker and ended up having 4months off this yr but 2010 there are no other things going on. So the sky is the limit for me next year on the cash felt, i'm already putting plans into action the last couple of days to improve my game by playing less tables, reviewing sessions reviewing opponents, watching vids etc. i'll be carrying these things forward for the forseeable future and see where it takes me. I'm pretty relaxed about the future as i know i'll be doing everything possible to gain an edge on my opponents at any level so fun times ahead, let the games begin.