** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Dec 09

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 So far took Goal/Goal in Lyon @ 2,10 with 5/10 My second is Over 2,5 Goals in Liege. Both teams will be out to win, both teams like and need their further Euro games. The draw would fine for hosts, but Boloni knows better than that - playing for a draw vs a Dutch team is dangerous, no matter how bad the AZ stats look. Alkemaar players should be relaxed now that Koeman is gone. Both teams posses good attacking options, have the feeling of 2-2, 3-2 high-scoring game. 4/10 and 0,25 pts on Jovanovic FGS Each Way. GL P.S. And followed some good posts here with Over 2,5 Goals in Kyiv All bet365

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 I will also try an acc. tonight : Olimpiakos-Arsenal - Under 2.5 - @1.65 The grecks are not high scorers , but good defenders . And with B team of Arsenal on the field I see this a low scoring scenario . Liverpool-Fiorentina - Under 2.5 - @1.70 The italians will play cautios here not to lose. If Torres is not fully fit , and motivation of the reds is low-medium....it`s verry plausible to see a dull affair . Stuttgart-Unirea - Under 2.5 - @1.75 Unirea is gona sit in the box and waith for the final whistle . Stuttgart missing fire power.... Kiev-Barca - Both teams to score - 1.83 Barca with full line-ups . Kiev needs a to or more goals victory ! ...case closed Standard-Alkmaar - Both teams to score - 1.83 Two open teams mets face to face . Sevillia-Rangers - Both teams to score - 1.95 An open game , a game for public , were both teams can easily score and concede. ................. a six fold on bet365 . , with final price : 32/1 :ok

Re: Champions League » Dec 09

Stuttgart - Unirea: Unirea (+0.5) AH @ 2.43 (Bet365) 10/10 I think Stuttgart are seriously short here. In the last 6 matches (all competitions) Stuttgart are 1-4-1. In these 6 matches they haven't scored more than a goal in any match.quote] Scored two against Rangers in Scotland 3 games ago mate :ok

Stuttgart - Unirea: Unirea (+0.5) AH @ 2.43 (Bet365) 10/10 I think Stuttgart are seriously short here. In the last 6 matches (all competitions) Stuttgart are 1-4-1. In these 6 matches they haven't scored more than a goal in any match. Unirea have a historic opportunity to advance to the next round by getting a draw or a win. In the last 6 matches (all competitions) they have a good record of 4-2-0. Clearly, I believe the value bet is on Unirea and the AH odds are excellent given the situation.
I agree, I pointed out earlier in the thread that the pricing of this match is bizarre considering the circumstances. I'm having a little on Unirea at 11/2 with Skybet, hopefully they can hit Stuttgart on the counter attack as they search for the win. Sounds easy enough. It never is though is it? Well it is sometimes;)

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Hello guys, Firstly congratulations to those who tipped winning picks last night, good effort :ok On too tonight.... Olympiakos V Arsenal - Both teams to score @ 1.95 (William Hill) Arsenal will likely come into this game with a weakened team, something similar to that in JK's post earlier in the thread. I feel this will give the Greeks an opportunity to create chances, with a few young lads at the back along with Mikael Silvestre I am sure there is potential for mistakes from the Londoners. With the firepower Arsenal have, even in reserves with the likes of Walcott, Ramsey and Vela all wanting to score, with their slick passing style they have the ability to score in any game. I feel both teams will creates chances, with the Greek side pushing for the win, it will leave Arsenal with the option to use their counter attacking abilities and score one or two themselves. Simple pick really. Good luck all :ok

Never mind that, nobody answered my earlier question in this thread regarding this match...considering this is his first game in charge "does anybody know if Christian Gross will be making his way to the match via the underground?" Are you all too young to remember or was it such a bad joke;)

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Liverpool v Fiorentina (Home Win) I will be backing big stakes on Liverpool.In my opinion i dont believe this is an unmotivated meaningless friendly as was described in an earlier post.I think Liverpool have a point to prove to themselves because of their dissapointing performances so far.Also they have a point to prove to Fiorentina after their display in Italy when they lost 2-0.Liverpool need to keeep winning to instill confidence back into the side and need to go on a winning run.Fiorentina themselves will be less motivated than Liverpool as they have already qualified for group stages.They will also play weakened team.With Gerrard playing and hopefully Torres(prolly on bench) and Aqualini set to start i am happy enough to place big stakes on Liverpool win.Took them at evens this morning they are now 5/6.

Liverpool v Fiorentina (Home Win) I will be backing big stakes on Liverpool.In my opinion i dont believe this is an unmotivated meaningless friendly as was described in an earlier post.I think Liverpool have a point to prove to themselves because of their dissapointing performances so far.Also they have a point to prove to Fiorentina after their display in Italy when they lost 2-0.Liverpool need to keeep winning to instill confidence back into the side and need to go on a winning run.Fiorentina themselves will be less motivated than Liverpool as they have already qualified for group stages.They will also play weakened team.With Gerrard playing and hopefully Torres(prolly on bench) and Aqualini set to start i am happy enough to place big stakes on Liverpool win.Took them at evens this morning they are now 5/6.
I don't agree with Fiorentina being less motivated as they still have a chance of remaining top of the group which I think gives you the second leg at home in the next round.

I don't agree with Fiorentina being less motivated as they still have a chance of remaining top of the group which I think gives you the second leg at home in the next round.
Yes i understand what you are saying but when i say less motivated i mean it is not a must win game for Fiorentina hence the reason they are expected to rest some of thir squad.Yes if you win the group you have the second leg at home but I think if Fiorentina are resting players they are quite happy to be just in the hat for the last 16.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 My bet of the night. Arsenal +2 Corners (Corner Handicap) @ 6/5 (StanJames) Arsenal always get a fair few corners in games, and with Walcott playing we should get more than usual. I'm not really sure how Olympiakos do in terms of corners, but with the amount of possesion Arsenal will have, the 6/5 is very tastey. High stakes for me.

Yes i understand what you are saying but when i say less motivated i mean it is not a must win game for Fiorentina hence the reason they are expected to rest some of thir squad.Yes if you win the group you have the second leg at home but I think if Fiorentina are resting players they are quite happy to be just in the hat for the last 16.
The chances are Lyon will beat Debrecini. If that happens Fiorentina will need a win to have any chance of keeping top spot. If my team decided to settle for second spot I'd be pretty disappointed. I can't tell if Fiorentina are playing a weakened team as I have to admit I don't follow Serie A that closely. Anybody with this knowledge, please post.

Mourinho: "Inter just have to win"

Tuesday, 08 December 2009 14:36:24 APPIANO GENTILE - On the eve of Inter's decisive Champions League Group F clash against Rubin Kazan, José Mourinho opened his pre-match press conference by congratulating tomorrow's opponents on their recent title triumph. "Compliments to Rubin on winning the championship, please send my congratulations to the team, the coach and the fans. It's not an easy championship," he told a Russian journalist. "We're not scared of Rubin. We are better than them and I think we will win tomorrow. We haven't qualified yet so we can't even think about finishing first or second, or about who we will play after. Inter will just have to win tomorrow." Mourinho gave journalists no clues as to his starting lineup against the newly crowned Russian champions. "You're all good at guessing my team, you're all good at getting up the trees," he said. "This time, not even my assistants know what team I will play against Rubin. We will see who is good at getting into my head and reading my thoughts." Former Inter player and official Sandro Mazzola was quoted in today's Italian sports dailies as saying that Mourinho might leave Inter if the side fails to qualify for the last sixteen. "What is Mr Mazzola's role at Inter? Does he sign the cheque that I receive for my job?" asked Mourinho.

The chances are Lyon will beat Debrecini. If that happens Fiorentina will need a win to have any chance of keeping top spot. If my team decided to settle for second spot I'd be pretty disappointed. I can't tell if Fiorentina are playing a weakened team as I have to admit I don't follow Serie A that closely. Anybody with this knowledge' date=' please post.[/quote'] Fiorentina Line up 1 Frey 2 Kroldrup 4 Donadel 11 Gilardino 14 Natali 18 Montolivo 20 Jorgenson 23 Pasqual 24 Santana 25 Comotto 29 De Silvestri Anybody know if this is a weakened team? I can see there's no Mutu or Zanetti to mention just a couple. I'm not sure whether this is down to selection or injuries. It is a much changed team to what they played in the reverse fixture though.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Guardiola: “we have to go out to score” Vanessa Forns Josep Guardiola is clear as to what Barca's tactics have to be if they wish to progress in the Champions League: “we have to go out and score goals”, he explained in the pre-match press conference on Tuesday evening in Kiev. Although a 1-0 result would be enough for Barca to go through to the next round, Guardiola insists that his team have to go out with the idea of scoring tomorrow night: “it's a vital game. If you look at what Dynamo have won in their history it's very impressive. We'll have to play well and sty true to our style throughout the game, We have to go out to win, because scoring goals we can guarantee our qualification. We would be very mistaken if we didn't go out with the idea of scoring ourselves”. Importance of finishing top 2009-12-O8_ENTRENO_KIEV_13.JPGGuardiola further explained: “if we went out as a team thinking 1-0 would be good enough, we'd get beaten by three or four goals. We have to be intelligent – we have to attack and attack well. It's better for us if we finish top of the group”. Atacar, clau Asked if he'd made any special preparations for the game, Guardiola replied: “ all the players look fine and relaxed to me. We've tried to find out as much as we can about Dynamo and look at the various tactics they use. We've also tried to figure out how we can hurt them and that is to attack and make goal scoring chances”. A real final 2009-12-O8_ENTRENO_KIEV_02.JPGGuardiola again insisted on the importance of Wednesday's game “there's no way back from here. This is like a real final and the fact is we are playing away from home and against a very good team. We know that a win would leave us top of the group and that's what we will be trying to achieve. We'll only have to look to the Milan result if Dynamo are capable of beating us”. Dangers of Dynamo Finally, Guardiola spoke about Dynamo, explaining: “they are a team with very strong players who are physically strong and have a very good strategy. I think they are a bit individualistic in defence”.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 I'm not normally a champs league man,but Fiorentina have a few injury worries tonight.Of their starting 11 only Gilardino(7 gls) has scored a league goal for them this season.I'm sure the pool will be playing for pride,hopefully that will be enough,plus they have named a reasonable side....going 2/10 @ 20/23 Boyles...good luck...

Mourinho names squad for Inter v Rubin Kazan

Tuesday, 08 December 2009 18:12:11 000028_calcio-generico.jpg APPIANO GENTILE - José Mourinho has named a squad of 20 players for Wednesday night's UEFA Champions League Group F, Matchday 6 tie at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza (kick-off 20:45): Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 21 Paolo Orlandoni. Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel. Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Sulley Muntari, 14 Patrick Vieira, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 30 Mancini. Strikers: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 18 David Suazo, 22 Diego Milito, 45 Mario Balotelli.

I'm not normally a champs league man' date='but Fiorentina have a few injury worries tonight.Of their starting 11 only Gilardino(7 gls) has scored a league goal for them this season.I'm sure the pool will be playing for pride,hopefully that will be enough,plus they have named a reasonable side....going 2/10 @ 20/23 Boyles...good luck...[/quote'] That's not good to hear :sadI've just backed the over 2.5 goals at 11/10 with Skybet. If Fiorentina have no goalscorers it pains me to wish for a Liverpool thrashing then:lol

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Liverpool v Fiorentina Kuyt 1st G/scorer @ 9/1 skybet 5 points Huge odds for kuyt here. He is the main man up front tonight, a role he never usually plays because of Torres and N'gog. I think Liverpool will try to put on a show tonight, and play themselves back into form. 9/1 looks ridiculously big for Liverpools striker at home to a below strength Fiorentina.