** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Dec 08

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I wonder how many times Bayern backers have watched Bayern this season. No way they'll win tonight. Especially w/o Ribery and Robben if they're both out, only two who have ability of winning the match by themselves.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 The more I look, the more I think Juve will do Bayern tonight. Juve have managed their relative success so far this season without either Del P or Amauri playing too well (if at all). If they start to click, as well as Diego behind them with the ideal midfield 3 of Melo, Marchisio and Sissoko Juve will be formidable. Rightly or Wrongly I don't think much of this Bayern side and I going to bet bigger than first stated on the back of my rising confidence.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg seem an obvious choice tonight at 11/10, don't know if im being a bit too niaive but when united are expecting to start with carrick and gibson at centre back it just seems that Wolfsburg will get more thann enough goal-scoring chances to see this one out and claim top spot in the group. Wolfsburg Real Madrid Juventus @10s seems like a very nice bet tonight

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Maccabi Haifa v Bordeaux 9 out of 10 games in this group been under 2.5 goals. Bordeaux conceded 2 and have nothing to play for here as they've won the group alread, so players should be rested. Haifa are yet to score in the competition and sitting bottom of the league I doub't they'll score any here. Should be a pretty boring game, maybe 0-0 or 0-1. Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/7 : 10/10 0-0 @ 7/1 : 2.5pts 0-1 @ 15/2 : 2.5pts

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Besiktas DNB @ 1.84 What are the odds that Besiktas will lose all 3 games in front of their loud, fanatic crowd? Slim imo, especially because they play CSKA, their direct rival for Europa League. Besiktas has to do better than 2-1 of CSKA from Moscow and missings of two key CD's Berezutskiy and Ignashevich on CSKA side will help them. Besiktas is sharing top spot with GSK and FB in TSL, their defense looks rock solid and they should at least draw tonight against weakened CSKA side, who is out of the regular season for few weeks.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg v Manchester United - Wolfsburg -1 H'cap @ 4.50 Totesport United have a whole host of problems heading to this match, not only do they have defensive problems but they'll also struggle up top with no Giggs, Berbatov or Rooney. Wolfsburg have not been going great domestically but they looked a threat at Old Trafford when the teams met, I think the home side can win this by a couple tonight. Juventus v Bayern Munich - Juventus -1 H'cap @ 4.50 365 Juventus only need a draw here to secure there path into the second round which makes this bet quite risky however Bayern will have to come out and play here which should suit the home side, they'll be able to pick them off. Bayern haven't looked great in all games this year whilst the home side had a big boost domestically at the weekend. Juventus to take the lead and then grab another when Bayern press hard.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08

I'll level here and say I am a United fan myself before I make this post and I like to think that I'm not biased but I'll leave that down to yourselves. I genuinely think United will win this game. We've not been convincing this season until the last few games or so but one thing we do tend to do is score goals. We've not taken any defenders with us - I discount Evra because he tends to prefer playing in attack rather than defence! With that in mind, United are going to attack, and they're going to attack an inept Wolfsburg defence that have conceded something like ten goals in their last five games, including 3 at home to Nurnberg and 2 at home to Freiburg. If they can't keep their opponents out much better than that, particularly when they're supposed to be the better side, they're going to really struggle against a United side that simply must attack! Wolfsburg's attack is good so I think over 2.5 goals is probably better than the away win but make no mistake - United will be fielding a lot of midfielders in this game, midfielders that will keep the ball like we did against West Ham which is why they barely created anything. Dzeko is a threat if he isn't marked and I'd be surprised if Wolfsburg didn't score but I'd be even more surprised if we didn't score more than them unless the cripple is spear-heading our attack! Anyway, just my thoughts. Good luck all!
cant agree with you here mate, i mean there are some man utd fans who were expecting a comfortable win against besiktas a team worse then wolfsburg when you decided to play a under strength team that had more regular starters then you will play now against a determined wolfsburg side, although i agree that wolfsburgs recent form has been poor conceding a lot they always up their effort in europe and esp against man u!

cant agree with you here mate' date=' i mean there are some man utd fans who were expecting a comfortable win against besiktas a team worse then wolfsburg when you decided to play a under strength team that had more regular starters then you will play now against a determined wolfsburg side, although i agree that wolfsburgs recent form has been poor conceding a lot they always up their effort in europe and esp against man u![/quote'] Fair enough matey! The only difference I'd point out is that Besiktas came to put ten men behind the ball and we couldn't break them down. Wolfsburg are going to be attacking us so there should be opportunities. Anyways, good luck :cheers

Mate i think its possible that these 'die hard' fans are probably just 14 yr old kids . I havn't read any blogs or sites that are tipping utd to win or even draw myself. Eergie shouldn't have put the club in this position and its his own arrogance against Besisktas that means 2nd place in the group is almost inevitable now. Any utd fan that gambles have they're money firmly on a Wolfsburg win tonight . I just hope you havn't jinxed it for the rest of us who if anything are overestimating Wolfsburg and certainly not underestating them and hoping that they don't presume to have already won this game. Afterall thats the worst possible scenario for anyone who is on Wolfsburg
Disappointed to hear other footy fans talk of uniteds contingence this way, the united faithful deserve more respect than that. Any sensible united fan wont bet on their team full stop as superstition carries its own merit, but to write them off purely because they have a depleted squad is insane. United will go in to this game with a very attacking side spearheaded by scholes mentorful words and the attacking form of Gibson and Obertan. Kuscack has proven his worth as a valued sub for van der saar and his confidence will be riding high after making some superb saves in the last couple of games. People are seeming to forget that united have scored 4 in both their last 2 away outings and full credit to pompey and west ham as both teams proved hard to breakdown until the second half. As for playing carrick, fletcher and evra in defence, i ask any lower league fans out there wouldnt you want them in defence let alone attack given the chance. United will play the passing game well tonight and scholes and gibson will shoot at evry opportunity around 20 yds out. Wolfsburg have a poor defence but attack well. The game has overs wrote all over it but im afraid im going to have to go against the grain with this and back it with a man utd win also, sneaking it in the 98th minute :lol

cant agree with you here mate' date=' i mean there are some man utd fans who were expecting a comfortable win against besiktas a team worse then wolfsburg when you decided to play a under strength team that had more regular starters then you will play now against a determined wolfsburg side, although i agree that wolfsburgs recent form has been poor conceding a lot they always up their effort in europe and esp against man u![/quote'] kully i dont think any utd fan expected a comfortable win once the team news was announced. but what was evident from that game was that united had an awesome passing game but lacked the finishing touch. they proved their worth one week later against a strong spurs side.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Right, had Besiktas 0 AH, an Over in Wolfsburg and Bordeaux + 0,25 AH so far. Adding what looks obvious to me as I think there will be more goals in CL tonight: Marseille Goal/Goal - Hosts have to attack and they have great potential to do so. Stats also point that Marseille in CL are an Overish team. Real somehow perform better away and a Goal for them would seal it. Unlike a post above I think Kaka' will be missed, any team would miss him in any game. Still, Real got a lot of firepower and wityhn a Manager like Pellegrini they are becoming more dangerous when the draw is all they need. 5/10 and I am also looking at the Over 2,5 Goals here. Atletico Madrid Goal/Goal. No need to comment any further the potential of Madrid's attack yet I am not convinced by wins over Espanyol and Xeres that Atletico can keep a clean sheet vs a full Porto squad available. Some bench players might start, yet Porto are the better team and the HW odds are a joke IMO. Another game I am looking at Over 2,5 Goals as well. Over 4,5 Cards in some deciders make sense to me, the potential for a winning bet is always there, when games are rated ''a must win'' for either team. IMO ''emontions'' will prevail at some moment in Istanbul, Marseille and Torino, and I took each with 5/10, just not happy with 1,66 in Istanbul. I need 2 out of 3 here to make this market winning for myself tonight, and it is very likely. Over 2,5 Goals in Zurich, where I am sure AC Milan will win it, but I also expect the hosts to score. Did not see the Zurich home game vs Marseille, but watched the full game vs Real and I see home team on the score board. Milan are capable of completing the Over by themselves too. All they need is an early goal to open up hosts a bit more. Zurich will not hide, no matter what the current score is. 4/10 pts. On FGS market I took E/W Lampard, Diego, Misimovic, Forlan and Kone - just thought it should from the attacking midfielders in the beginning tonight as the forwards will be marked well in these games, or the penalty-takers, or just a feeling in the case of Kone. bet365 odds, all singles GL all Added Over 2,5 Goals in Torino, at great odds of 2,33 - I will take these with any German side going forward needing a win. 3/10

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 1 Atl. Madrid - Porto - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Atl. Madrid/Atl. Madrid @ 3.64) 2 FC Zurigo - Milan - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Milan/Milan @ 2.32) 3 Marseille - Real Madrid - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Real Madrid/Real Madrid @ 4.68) 4 Wolfsburg v Man Utd - Fine 1º tempo/Fine partita (Bancare Wolfsburg/Wolfsburg @ 4.08) 5 Liverpool v Fiorentina - Fine 1º Tempo (Bancare Fiorentina (Intervallo) @ 5.74) @4,95 Bancare=lay!! :hope

I would think twice and then twice more before putting Chelsea in accumulators, its really not worth it. Ancelotti isn't obliged to put out any of his first 11. Why should he? There is nothing to gain only potential injuries in a nothing game. The opposition could easily grab a draw and this is a rare opportunity for the manager to have a look at whats at the club outside of players who's tranfer fees alone could feed small countries. I am tempted by Ap Nicosia +1
In total agreement. It surprises me how many are willing to risk money on a team that's already qualified as group winners and it's not as though the bookies have been generous with the odds. Also Chelsea didn't exactly thump them in Cyprus, did they? You might be lucky and Chelsea win but if you do these type of bets over the long term you're likely to show a loss with them. There's also a Europa spot up for grabs in this group so at least Apoel will be showing full commitment. A small stakes bet on Apoel or leave the game alone in my opinion.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Hi friends, Beşiktaş this evening under the direction of Denizli, Wolfsburg will win or draw in considering the likelihood of either empty-handed Russian CSKA t sends. Turks will be the night tonight. expect us europe beşiktaş wins. 10/10

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Lots of good bets in this round of champions league, in fact I would go as far to say the best for a long time. Olympiakos, Wolfsburg, Real Madrid, Juve, Atletico, and a few others look very tempting. Arsenal's youngsters are talented and could score a goal or two, but they're very naive and dopey and I fully expect an amped up Olympiakos to win that game. Wolfsburg should beat United as well, although maybe 2.5 is the way to go here. Still though, Wolfsburg are a good bet, plain and simple, with Dzeko and Graffite up against Carrick and Fletcher. The bet almost looks too obvious. Madrid should have too much for Marseille with Ronaldo back although you never quite know, could be a ding-dong affair. Another over 2.5 is a good alternate option. Juve and Atletico are good bets as well. Bayern without Ribery and Juve are a tough proposition at home, 1-0 looks a good score. Juve's team on paper has always looked the goods, especially midfield. Cheilleni missing though :unsure Madrid have picked up and with the pressure off against an already qualified Porto, look likely to open up and stick a few past Porto. All in all, alot of potential options to play around with.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 With the market the group Besiktas fans enough to win the match. The supporters of the viewers know beşiktaş liverpool match, how much enthusiastic support team. No such pro team türkiyede any. black eagle lovers to death. With supporters will win tonight beşiktaş. 90 minutes were tight liverpoola world. CSKA at this time or will be narrow inönüyü 90 minutes. Do not miss the victory beşiktaş my skin. my coupons beşiktaş 1 juventus 0 wolfsurg 0 milan 2 2.5 over r.madrid porto over 0.5 goal 100 TL

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Very tough menu of matches tonight, I think. There a few matches where a lot is on the line less we forget that the money involved for qualification is significant. Wolfsburg - Manchester United: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.90 (Betfair) 10/10 There seems to be a lot of action in thematch with the hosts running as favourites. Yes, Wolfsburg could defeat Manchester, and especially since Man U. are playing a number of "2nd" players, but Manchester is a class club who will not go just for tourism. If Wolfsburg comes out firing, and I think it is likely they will, Man U could get chances against Wolfsburg's defense which isn't that tight to begin with. In the end, Wolfsburg could win but they may just need tos score more goals tahn Man U. I see the visitors getting at least a goal tonight. Hence I would go with the overs rather than 1X2 Juventus - Bayern Munich: Under 2.5 goals 1.70 (Betfair) 10/10 I think this is the best bet for this match. Juventus will play it tight I think since a draw suits them as much as a win. Bayern will of course be firing away since only a win will suffice. However, I think they won't be able to break down Juventus just like they couldn't in the last match. There is, however, a reasonable chance that Bayern may just snatch the match. After all this a huge match and Bayern are a big club with some very good players. Either way I don't see too many goals here. Marseille - Real Madrid: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (Betfred) 10/10 Real will be fine with a draw, but they may need to score a couple of goals to do so. Real's weakness, I think, is their defense. Marseille can only see a win here and they will be firing away. They have shown that they can put the ball in the back of the net quite often. Basically, neither team can hold on at the back when the opponent is relentlessly attacking. Hence, the overs are very likely here. Atletico Madrid - Porto: Atletico Madrid @ 2.00 (Betfair) 10/10 Porto has absolutely nothing to play for except pride. Porto will advance as second in the group. Atletico can qualify for the Europa cup if they win. Atletico's performance has picked up recently. The hosts have enough quality to realistically win this match. Atletico, I think, owes its fans a good CL win and against a less than interested Porto side they should be a able to do it.

Disappointed to hear other footy fans talk of uniteds contingence this way, the united faithful deserve more respect than that. Any sensible united fan wont bet on their team full stop as superstition carries its own merit, but to write them off purely because they have a depleted squad is insane. United will go in to this game with a very attacking side spearheaded by scholes mentorful words and the attacking form of Gibson and Obertan. Kuscack has proven his worth as a valued sub for van der saar and his confidence will be riding high after making some superb saves in the last couple of games. People are seeming to forget that united have scored 4 in both their last 2 away outings and full credit to pompey and west ham as both teams proved hard to breakdown until the second half. As for playing carrick, fletcher and evra in defence, i ask any lower league fans out there wouldnt you want them in defence let alone attack given the chance. United will play the passing game well tonight and scholes and gibson will shoot at evry opportunity around 20 yds out. Wolfsburg have a poor defence but attack well. The game has overs wrote all over it but im afraid im going to have to go against the grain with this and back it with a man utd win also, sneaking it in the 98th minute :lol
Sorry mate, but what a load of absolute bollocks. 1. You've bigged up the Man Utd attack and makeshift defenders by justifying it with "20 yard shots from Scholes and Gibson" and because Carrick and Fletcher can pass it well. Yet you've completely failed to mention one of the most sought after centre forwards in Europe. Weird. 2. Look at the teams who United scored four past in their last two away games. Not exactly Champions of a European league eh? 3.
i ask any lower league fans out there wouldnt you want them in defence let alone attack given the chance
This is exactly the sort of arrogant attitude which makes lower league fans despise the big four. I am not saying Utd won't win, just that your argument is shit.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Clearly a good value-card of matches tonight in C.L. ! Wolfsburg-Manchester For sure that , germans don`t want to wait the result of CSKA from the turkish soil . They have this qualification into their own hands , and they wil treat this game as serios as they can ! Of course their defense is missing :\ , but they have just the right pieces for a clas A attack ! And with the many missings United have , I will give full confidence to the home team to do the joob . Wolfsburg WIN by to goals or more @3.75 / bet365 ...... Atletico-Porto A verry good comeback for the madrilean players into the season . It was about time ! Their attack capabilies are well known , whit Aguero and Forlan upfront . But the question is in the other end on the team : how about the defence ? Albeit they are on the wave , their defence wasn`t test it in the last to games with toothles Espanyol and Xerez . Porto comes here with full strenght squad , and with the motivation to win this game ! Their coach said that are still money involved in case of a winner , and also they want to build momentum on the team , and not let down the prestige of is country ! I think bookies are gona be bitten by theiR ass with that high price released for PORTO . Porto WIN @5.00 / stanjames ..... Marseille-Real Marseille neds a win by a margin of 3 goals to secure the spot for the next phase of C.L. ! I personally doubt that they are gona achive that tonight , but fore sure thath they have fire power to do it . They have nothing to lose , and they will lunch in attack by the first whistle of the referee... Real also neds a win to keap the first place in hand . Their defence is good latley but is still fluctuating . Almost get beaten by Almeria who scored 2 , last game . Atletico Madrid scored two... so they easily can concede ! Marseille is hopping for a miracle to beat Real by 3 , but I`m gone give them credit just to beat them ! by one is fine to me... ;) Marseille WIN @3.1 / paddypower :hope

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Wolfsburg - Man Utd United depleted with injuries, Gibson and Carrick will play in CD roles and Fletcher will be moved to position of right lateral defender. United already secured knock out round but will need to stay undefeated tonight if they want to take first position. On the other hand Wolfsburg and CSKA have 7 points both and Wolfsburg needs to win to qualify. I expect a open match tonight, Wolfsburg can't play differently while MUFC can't rely on their defensive line too much. My guess is 2-2 and both teams in the knockout round. :hope Over 2.5 @ 1.90

In total agreement. It surprises me how many are willing to risk money on a team that's already qualified as group winners and it's not as though the bookies have been generous with the odds. Also Chelsea didn't exactly thump them in Cyprus' date=' did they? You might be lucky and Chelsea win but if you do these type of bets over the long term you're likely to show a loss with them. There's also a Europa spot up for grabs in this group so at least Apoel will be showing full commitment. A small stakes bet on Apoel or leave the game alone in my opinion.[/quote'] I think there is actually some kind of obligation that UEFA has in place, if I'm not much mistaken. A side has to field "x" amount of "A" players and "B" players from their submitted European squad in each encounter unless it's impossible to do so. I remember it from a few years ago when the media were accusing United of fielding an under-strength side for a game but United stuck within UEFA's rules with their selection. It may have been changed since then but figured I'd mention it in case anyone like myself is stuck with Chelsea in their accumulator :cow

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Yes, you are right. But every now and then I make a freaky bet. All other bets are more reasonable. If I lose, it sure was fun watching my fav. german team :) GL to all of you, let's make some money :) :clap:clap:clap:cow:cow:cow PS: Does anyone of you do sports betting full time in some way?