** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Dec 08

Tuesday 8 December 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAtlético Madrid v FC Porto (19:45 GMT) 1.8 3.75 5.5 100.40 %
maximize.gifBesiktas JK v CSKA Moscow (19:45 GMT) 2.92 3.4 2.7 100.70 %
maximize.gifChelsea v APOEL (19:45 GMT) 1.38 5.5 11 99.74 %
maximize.gifFC Zürich v AC Milan (19:45 GMT) 9 4.8 1.45 100.91 %
maximize.gifJuventus v FC Bayern München (19:45 GMT) 2.38 3.45 3.4 100.41 %
maximize.gifMaccabi Haifa v Girondins de Bordeaux (19:45 GMT) 2.67 3.4 2.96 100.65 %
maximize.gifOlympique Marseille v Real Madrid (19:45 GMT) 3.35 3.6 2.3 101.11 %
maximize.gifVfL Wolfsburg v Manchester United (19:45 GMT) 2.62 3.4 3.05 100.29 %

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Im thinking about placing a small bet on Olympique, can anyone provide us with some teaminfo? ( I can't read French ;)) Olympique needs to win with atleast 2 goals here right? Real will be without Kaká. Real squad to travel to France: Goalkeepers: Casillas, Dudek, Adan Defenders: Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Albiol, Garay Midfielders: Gago, Diarra, Lass, Drenthe, Xabi Alonso, Van der Vaart, Granero Forwards: Raul, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain

Re: Champions League » Dec 08

Im thinking about placing a small bet on Olympique, can anyone provide us with some teaminfo? ( I can't read French ;)) Olympique needs to win with atleast 2 goals here right? Real will be without Kaká. Real squad to travel to France: Goalkeepers: Casillas, Dudek, Adan Defenders: Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Albiol, Garay Midfielders: Gago, Diarra, Lass, Drenthe, Xabi Alonso, Van der Vaart, Granero Forwards: Raul, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain
I'd be looking for something over four before I even considered taking Marseille.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Bordeaux group : Keita, Ramé - Placente, Jurietti, Sané, Glombard - Sertic, Traoré, Lasne, Wendel, Fernando - Bellion, Cavenaghi, Jussiê, Saivet. Carasso,Ciani,Chalmé,Planus,Trémoulinas,Diarra,Gouffran,Gourcuff,Plasil,Chamak : all these player were in starting 11 Saturday for the victory vs Paris and notin group for this match. Situation is clear :Bordeaux already sure to finish 1st in this group and Maccabi Aifa sure to finish last too.Bordeaux is more focus on the match of Sunday vs Lyon and proove it with a lot of turnover on this group.Don't have info about maccabi group but i read that is the last carrier match of their old defender Harazi. At 38 years old and 19 years pass in Maccabi, Harazi will play his 66th europeen match and think that coach will play with the best team to let him go with a win .Last chance for maccabi to win a match in Champion's league this season and i don't think will miss this chance. Maccabi (0) @ 1.83 on sportingbet 8/10 is for me the best price for this match but straight win around 2.50 still a value too ;)

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Evra is only recognised defender in Man U's travelling squad. fergie has also left out giggs, van der sar, rooney. obviously man u still have an array of talent but surely wolfsburg will never have a better chance. I know Wolfsburgs forum hasnt been great but they are still german champs. 6/5 might not be available long.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Juventus vs. Bayern I have taken Juve to beat Bayern in this match. Irrespective of team news I havn't thought too much of Bayern this season. Neither club has performed well in Europe this season and this match should be a real wake up call for both. We won't see the same dull match we did first time round. I think this will be a real live wire with both clubs going for it. I notice still no Ribery in the last match for Bayern. I don't know if he is due back for this match. Juve had a very impressive victory over Inter at the weekend with Marchisio being a big boost back in the midfield. Both teams have big match players at their disposal but I think Juve are the better team and I fancy them to win this one. Juve win 11/8 Wolfsburg v Manchester United As mentioned previously I see the over in this match as a good bet. Man United have a pretty depleted back line, with Carrick looking likely to move back into the centre, with Fletcher at right-back. With Evra as the only recognisable defender they could have real problems. I also believe Ferguson has also left Rooney and Berba behind. Wolfsburg are no fools and know that in order to ensure passage through they need to win this match and give themselves the best chance. The best way to do that in this situation is to go at United. They have the strikers to do real damage on their day. Over 2.5 Goals 2.00 - High stakes.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 marseille vs real madrid..... 1.92 for over 2.5 real madrid isn't a defencing team and marseille alswo! both attacking teams with great strikers in front! i can't see any doubt why there are not many goals. like in milan marseille plays for winning and they never give up. they keep on going and marseille at home with 60.000 crazy fans in a topgame is always worth trying. even a small stake on home win could be good. and also i think that standard liege will winn against az. koeman is fired as the coach from az. poor playing team. standard in de champions league is always a good bet!!!

I'd be looking for something over four before I even considered taking Marseille.
Agreed, Marseilles are awful, and I don't think Kaka is a huge miss for Real. The 13/8 on Cristiano Ronaldo to score at any time looks huge. He'll definitely start on Tuesday, as Pelligrini will be keen to get him back to full fitness, and he's suspended next weekend, following a red card on Saturday. He's scored in every Real game he's started (except El Clasico). Marseilles are very poor defensively, and will concede to Real, I also see this as an away win more than it's a home win. All in all 13/8 on a player who has scored 10 goals in 9 starts this season looks too good to miss.

Bordeaux group : Keita, Ramé - Placente, Jurietti, Sané, Glombard - Sertic, Traoré, Lasne, Wendel, Fernando - Bellion, Cavenaghi, Jussiê, Saivet. Carasso,Ciani,Chalmé,Planus,Trémoulinas,Diarra,Gouffran,Gourcuff,Plasil,Chamak : all these player were in starting 11 Saturday for the victory vs Paris and notin group for this match. Situation is clear :Bordeaux already sure to finish 1st in this group and Maccabi Aifa sure to finish last too.Bordeaux is more focus on the match of Sunday vs Lyon and proove it with a lot of turnover on this group.Don't have info about maccabi group but i read that is the last carrier match of their old defender Harazi. At 38 years old and 19 years pass in Maccabi, Harazi will play his 66th europeen match and think that coach will play with the best team to let him go with a win .Last chance for maccabi to win a match in Champion's league this season and i don't think will miss this chance. Maccabi (0) @ 1.83 on sportingbet 8/10 is for me the best price for this match but straight win around 2.50 still a value too ;)
I see some strong names in Bordeaux squad though, for one or another reason they are not regulars atm, yet the class difference is still with the French. Currently Bordeaux + 0,25 AH is @ 1,925 - I am taking it with 4/10, with an in-play option for Maccabi to win from behind. Took also Wolfsburg Over 2,5 Goals @ 2,00, well reasoned above.

Juventus to beat Bayern at 2.38 looks appealing' date=' although a draw would still see them finish second above the germans. But i don't think they will be wanting to take any chances. Team news and views from italian punters much appreciated.[/quote'] Ribery will not play in turin. Really looks like a Juventus win, but just to make sure I'm gonna chose X1 for a 5 fold accu!

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Besiktas - CSKA Moskow Besiktas is always a difficult away for many european major clubs so far . Dont get in false by checking this year Home statistic of Besiktas , Trust me besiktas was in a big crisis that noone could understand that times , but everything is gone now , and besiktas is really on top form and also the players got their soul back from the old trafford .Players and FANS will do everything to win that match with dominating. I pick 1 with high stake. You can try -1,5 HC of course because besiktas needs that to get through uefa cup and I think besiktas is capable to make that against those dreadful CSKA defence . Besiktas Win @2,60 Hititbet Besiktas Win -1,5 HC @not allowed to play in hititbet

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Robben did have a statement that he wants to play from the beginning against Juventus. Lahm did comment and said that an important player such as Robben needs to play from beginning if he is 100% fit. Robben did show a good performance against Gladbach in last half hour. Fast, agil and so on - he did look quite fit. :ok

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 I'm also considering under 2,5 in Chelsea. As we all know chelsea showed a bad performance last saturday against manchester ciry and got knocked out ot the carling cup by blackburn. I'm not quite impressed by Chelsea's offensive play and their last match against APOEL also turned out 0:1. Since 3rd automatically goes to the Europa League round of 32, the Cyprus club will be keen to get something from Chelsea in London. I'm sure that APOEL will be satisfied with one point which means that they tie up with Atletico Madrid for 3rd place. I expect a very defensive play from APOEL and a FT result of 1:0 or 2:0 any other opinions?

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 ciscologne, you're must be joking :lol:lol Chelsea is brilliant home as we all know and they want to win 5 games from 6 out of the group. Team news is important but chelsea win is as close as a "banker" you can get. chelsea -1 looks tempting aswell. APOEL is a very average team from Cyprus and Chelsea is a quality side from England. This is just my opinion.

I'm also considering under 2' date=5 in Chelsea. As we all know chelsea showed a bad performance last saturday against manchester ciry and got knocked out ot the carling cup by blackburn. I'm not quite impressed by Chelsea's offensive play and their last match against APOEL also turned out 0:1. Since 3rd automatically goes to the Europa League round of 32, the Cyprus club will be keen to get something from Chelsea in London. I'm sure that APOEL will be satisfied with one point which means that they tie up with Atletico Madrid for 3rd place. I expect a very defensive play from APOEL and a FT result of 1:0 or 2:0 any other opinions?
if chelsea finds a goal, it will be very easy for the match to go over 2,5.. because Apoel will go for more offensive play and chelsea won't waste chances , I aint agree with you mate ,

I'm also considering under 2' date=5 in Chelsea. As we all know chelsea showed a bad performance last saturday against manchester ciry and got knocked out ot the carling cup by blackburn. I'm not quite impressed by Chelsea's offensive play and their last match against APOEL also turned out 0:1. Since 3rd automatically goes to the Europa League round of 32, the Cyprus club will be keen to get something from Chelsea in London. I'm sure that APOEL will be satisfied with one point which means that they tie up with Atletico Madrid for 3rd place. I expect a very defensive play from APOEL and a FT result of 1:0 or 2:0 any other opinions?
Chelsea vs APOEL. Yep I disagree. They havent really had bad performance. They have just been a bit unlucky. There were plenty of chances in that game vs City, and even a missed penalty. You might think they wont perform against APOEL but this is Chelsea. One of the best clubs in european football, and they are playing at home. I'll gladly take the Over 2.5 goals in this match for odds 2.00 - Betfair. I expect Chelsea to score atleast 2, and there should be more goals than that on the cards. Advice: Over 2.5 goals.

Besiktas - CSKA Moskow Besiktas is always a difficult away for many european major clubs so far . Dont get in false by checking this year Home statistic of Besiktas , Trust me besiktas was in a big crisis that noone could understand that times , but everything is gone now , and besiktas is really on top form and also the players got their soul back from the old trafford .Players and FANS will do everything to win that match with dominating. I pick 1 with high stake. You can try -1,5 HC of course because besiktas needs that to get through uefa cup and I think besiktas is capable to make that against those dreadful CSKA defence . Besiktas Win @2,60 Hititbet Besiktas Win -1,5 HC @not allowed to play in hititbet
Besiktas 0 AH @ 2,00 is fine for me, home side have a great momentum and look very solid at the back. 4/10 GL

thanks for the input tkrogh :ok, im still not quite sure considering the outcome of this match, i know chelsea has a great home record in CL... im also confident that chelsea will win this, but 1,3 is definitely not worth taking :)
when I joined here first thing I see that people here doesn't play small odds, as being a smallodd-lover player it is weird for me . . 1,30/1.25/1.40 worth much if you bet high stake :)

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Man UTD has enorm problems tommorw with the team Injured / sick Edvin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea, Jonny Evans, Fabio, Rafael, Owen Hargreaves, Federico Macheda Rest Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney, DImitar Berbatov Not allowed to play Zoran Tosic, Richie De Laet Any know team info for Wolfsburg? If they got a proper team i think i will do high stake on them, after all they need to win if they wanna go to next round

when I joined here first thing I see that people here doesn't play small odds' date=' as being a smallodd-lover player it is weird for me . . 1,30/1.25/1.40 worth much if you bet high stake :)[/quote'] Actually i like smallodds as well, im creating a 5 fold accumulator for tomorrow with max odds of around 1,8 and 3 double chance bets. I mostly end up with a total odd of around 10. These type of bets brought me major profit and worked 4/5 times in the last 2 weeks. Im also tempted to play high stakes as well, problem is that I am still too young and therefor have too much of a small budget to risk a high stake bet. I wouldn't like to lose the 140€ euros my 5 fold accu payed me yesterday ;). Surely if I would have an average income I would consider a high stake on chelsea, since its a definite banker imo. Anyways... sorry for the off topic :$ /e just read the input on manu, thanks xzta. looks like manu will miss some of its offensive power eh? Makes me reconsider over 2,5.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 GROUP A Maccabi Haifa v Bordeaux maccabi haven`t recolted 1 point until now.they will face an unmotivated bordeaux who will rotate his squad. for bordeaux playmaker gourcuff and other regular player like carrasso, diarra,plasil has left out of the squad match. the coach laurent blanc have to prepare the next sunday away match against lyon. so i beleive than this upset haifa are really able to get a victory against (the reserve of) bordeaux:hope Juventus v Bayern Munich this will be the game of the day !. bayern are not yet eliminated,they have won 2 games and both of them (like juventus) was against poor maccabi haifa.important Chiellini is out .it will be a tough game. i think the first team will find the net will play in defence to save the result. i prefer the under 2.5:hope GROUP B Wolsburg v Manchester manchester have to take care if they want to go the next round safely. a draw will be enough.manchester will travel to germany to face a high scoring wolsburg who are conceding a lot as well(19-18) at home. the germans will go forward and like marseille they should suffer of the counter attack. but unluchy for united there will be only one real defender in germany,it`s evra,so many injuries for fergusson rafael,evans,fabio,da silva,o`shea, ferdinand,wes brown and neville are out of the team . likely home win:hope Besiktas v cska moscou the turkish are in desesperated position in this group while the russian have finish their championship since two weeks and had plenty of time for to prepared this match. it will be a big event if moscou manage to get a ticket for the next round.they never did it in the modern champion league. so the motivation of the russians will be huge. for besiktas regular defender tomas civok will be back but ibrahim kas is very doutful. for moscou both midlefiwederMark González and Daniel Carvalho haven`t travelled with the rest of the squad. x2 for me:hope GROUP C Marseille v Real Madrid must win for marseille and for madrid as well if milan get 3 points at zurich.so marseille will attack and will suffer of the madrid counter attack and this is biggest problem of marseille.madrid deserved to be leader of the group and to stay. we could see all the class of the madrid players next tuesday. it`s important for them to get the first spot of the group, because this year the logic has been respected and almost all the big team have won their group.like this they will avoid a top team for the next round. Kaka and Guti aren`t include to the squad. away win or x2 for cover:hope over 4.5 goals:hope Zurich v Milan Ac like everybody know zurich won away to milan,there are a rivality between swiss and italian and i am sure the swiss will be delight to eliminated a top team like milan. zurich are already out but they will very motivated for this last game. when they will play a champion league match ? 1,2,3 years ? important for zurich as well for the money ,if they win the club will get more cash with the uefa. but milan know this zurich side are very poor this year in their league. milan will go for the win even if ronaldinho is doubful. they are in very good form actually with 5 straights win , but a defeat will not surprise me. no bet for me GROUP D Atletico Madrid v Porto porto can`t get the first spot and cannot be eliminated of this group who the logic has benn respected this time. we could see a draw. Quique Flores are the new coach of atletico who has managed benfica before. porto will do some change for tuesday. it will be hard to resist at aguerro and forlan power. home win:hope Chelsea v Apoel hard to beleive that this apoel can beat chelsea then to get a ticket in europa league.they haven`t won a single game in the group. apoel have won 3 qualification games for to reach the goup.even during this matches they have lost away to copenhagen and belgrad.so they are really unable to get some positive result away. home win:hope

when I joined here first thing I see that people here doesn't play small odds' date=' as being a smallodd-lover player it is weird for me . . 1,30/1.25/1.40 worth much if you bet high stake :)[/quote'] :ok Michael Carrick set to start at centre-back tomorrow! Teamtalk: ''Vidic missing for Wolfsburg trip Nemanja Vidic is out of Manchester United's Champions League trip to Wolfsburg, leaving the Red Devils with only one first-team defender United had hoped Vidic would have recovered from the flu bug that kept him out of Saturday's win at West Ham. However, the Serbian was absent as the Red Devils checked in for the short flight to Germany, giving their manager a major headache. His list of injured defenders includes skipper Gary Neville and England international Wes Brown, who both limped off at Upton Park, plus longer-term casualties Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea and Jonny Evans. With the Da Silva brothers, Fabio and Rafael, also sidelined, the only first-team defender Ferguson has in his squad is left-back Patrice Evra. Ferguson has already revealed his intention to play Michael Carrick in central defence, while Darren Fletcher seems certain to occupy a defensive berth, too, although which one is open to debate. Among the less familiar faces in the United party are Oliver Gill, son of chief executive David, Magnus Eikrem, Cameron Stewart, Matte James and Oliver Norwood. Normally, Ferguson would only class outings such as this as useful staging posts in a young player's development. However, on this occasion, there is the very real possibility they could play a prominent part. In addition to the defensive problems - first-choice keeper Edwin Van der Sar is also missing - Ferguson has taken the option of leaving Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov at home, meaning Michael Owen and Danny Welbeck are the only strikers in his 19-man squad.''

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Agree with guys about Juve.Also they should be in a good mood after victory over Inter.Bayern didn't impress me much in CL at all. I think Atletico can beat Porto at home.They finaly started winning again.Aguero and Forlan are in a good form.So i think Atletico will fight for place in Europa while Porto is qualify already so have not much to play form. Chelsea -1 at home.they should bounce back after thta defeat against Man.City. Don't think Apoel will resist much.

Re: Champions League » Dec 08 Juventus - Bayern Juventus host Bayern tomorrow in Turin in a big game with knock-out stage qualification at stake. I think that both teams will fight till the very last minute and it's going to be a very close encounter. Juventus players are hot-tempered, especially when playing such an important match. Last five Juventus' games ended with at least 5 yellow cards, and in last one agaist Inter Gigi Buffon was seen exchanging blows with Tiago Motta. One thing is certain - either Bayern or Juventus will be eliminated tomorrow, and I expect tension to be sky-high in the closing periods of the game as the players of one of these teams will be frustrated with being knocked out to Europa League. 4.5 cards in this game is worth trying, and I can even see a red card coming at a great value of ~4.00. Verdict: Juventus - Bayern over 4.5 yellows (red counts for two)