** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Embassy World Snooker Championships

Guest DannyCash

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Embassy World Snooker Championships They are rightly the favs, and the way ronnie has started against Hamilton you can understand why. But I am enduring a terrible run at the moment so I don't want jinx any one's bets by attempting to pick a winner. Think I will just sit back and enjoy the rest of the championships.

Guest plucey73

Embassy World Snooker Championships UPDATE: 1pt: Parrott J. v Hunter P. 7-10 :) Hamilton A. v Davis S. 10-7 :) Odds of 2.11 1pt: Perry J. v Williams M. 13-11 :( McCulloch I. v McManus A. 13-6 :) Odds of 2.20 1pt: Perry J. 5-3 Williams M. (in running with Gamebookers) 13-11 :( Hendry S. v Pinches B. 13-12 :) Gray D. v Walker L. 13-5 :) Odds of 2.13 Overall (all updates) +0.28pts Mark Williams really let me down. After his comeback I thought he would easily win...but no>: . It's been a hard tournament to predict, so I think I'll wait for the next one before I place more bets (unless I see someting that tempts me:) ).

Embassy World Snooker Championships Dave, Dott played well, but only as well as he can, he doesn't get any better than that. Even so, Higgins was appalling and still got 10 frames off him. Dott is very nervous and twitchy, which is why he will never win a ranking tournament in my opinion, although he has talent. Gray should beat him really, but it all depends if he keeps his head, that will be his biggest obstacle, rather than Dott. I have one remaining outright bet and that is Stevens @ 21.00, I just get the feeling this is his year after beating Hunter. :)

Guest Postman Pat

Re: Embassy World Snooker Championships Gray v Dott is a frustrating game to watch so far. Gray keeps getting himself into good positions and then throwing it away. God knows whats going on in his head, must be going mad with despair. Anyway 6-2 down .. not over yet.

Embassy World Snooker Championships If he keeps that form up, they may as well give him the trophy. ;) That was better then what Hendry played at 14-8 down to Jimmy that year. :) However, I doubt he can keep it up, but if he plays Dott, he won't need to. :\ We need Stevens to win, or the WC is over. :(

Guest MC Roller

Re: Embassy World Snooker Championships I don't think the final is ruined. Dott has played some incredible stuff so far from a tactical point of view. Some will point to his rather low percentage of high breaks but he aint an attacking player. I like his brand of no risk snooker. This may not appeal to everyone but I fail to see whats wrong in playing to your strengths. He thoroughly deserved to beat Stevens in my opinion. Ronnie would have enjoyed all the chances given to him by Stevens. He won't have it all his own way against a determined Dott though. If Dott can slow him down and keep in touch, you just never know in Snooker. Ronnie will be hard to stop on current form but tomorrow is another day. If Dott is still there fighting on Monday evening he will have done very well indeed.

Embassy World Snooker Championships Put it this way, the tv audience for a Ronnie v Stevens final would have been far higher than Ronnie v Dott. Dott has a negative game, no personality, annoying habits and looks like a drowned rat on a bad day. Having him as a World Champion won't give the sport a boost, that's for sure.

Guest Irish TW

Embassy World Snooker Championships "like a drowned rat on a bad day." :( I would have thought someone who played the game would have more respect for the players than to pick on them for how they look. He may not be the most colourful character but an outsider win wouldn't be bad for the game IMO.

Embassy World Snooker Championships Why should I have more respect ? If I also Quinten Hann is the biggest twat on the planet (first hand knowledge of all this), Ronnie is insane, Darren Morgan is an arrogant cnut, as is John Virgo and Terry Griffiths is a very funny guy, does that make me look bad ? Personally I don't care, I'm telling the truth as I always do.

Embassy World Snooker Championships Dotts is a pretty amazing story. I heard this morning that a while back he was really very close to quitting the game and starting a job stacking shelves in a supermarket :eek you really wouldn`t have given him an earthly at the start. would we Paul :lol ;)

Re: Embassy World Snooker Championships Been watching the tourney whenever possible and enjoyed it , one thing that i didnt much like was Willie Thorne He frequently seemed to get the shot predictions wrong and his on screen graphics were a bit off plus he sounds a smug git. 9-7 ROS as I type and it would be quite some second effort from Dott to ressurect this one.

Dott Alot of people had written him off before the game but when he went 5-0 up everyone was in shock. Great comeback from ROS and fully expect him to control teh game on in here now. Impressed by Dotts coolness and composure. Although his control of white seems to constantly let him down. Like the story where he smashed his cue up when he thought he could beat no one, did someone put a spell on his new cue, or was he reading Pauls tip in GC ;)

Guest winbet

re well done to whoever got the 1.6 on ronnie when he was 5-0 down to dott. I got 1.42 matched on betfair when he was 5-1 down. A very good value bet left is on betfair for the century breaks which currently stands at 54. very good price currently for bet for anyone on the unders - dott has only made one century in the whole tournament. Also there has only been 4 centuries made in the last 3 days. The cloth I saw was damaged in the stevens semi which may be another factor in the fewer centuries as well as the high stakes at end of tournament. I would price the under 55.5 centuries at odds on. O'sullivan has too make 2 centuries in 9 frames for the bet to lose which I think is pretty unlikely. O'sullivan will be more concerned with making sure of winning frames and after that will probly play loose shots instead off going for the tons. I have taken a fair amount but have left some for anyone else. You can lay overs at around 1.6 or back overs at around 2.8.

Guest winbet

re can't edit my post but last line of my above post was meant to read back under 55.5 century breaks at around 2.8.

Guest DannyCash

Re: re It's 1.95 one of the "big three" will win on Betfair... O'Sullivan 4.6 stake 16 points Williams 6.2 stake 12 points Hendry 7.4 stake 10 points 38 points staked returns just under 74 points if any of them win (must take off commission though) :) :) :)

Guest winbet

re well done to ronnie - may decide to play left handed next year to give everyone else a bit more of a chance.