** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Oct 22

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22

With you all the way here SctPunt. It's rather irritating when you go out of your way to put in a well constructed post (as your posts were) only to have it attacked by a half baked excuse for a constructive response by someone (Tambdy in this case)with perhaps a hidden agenda. I liked your posts and I hope your team wins tonight.
Thank you mate, I just dont see the point in commenting on someone elses post if its not constructive, glad to have guys like you around though who appreciate good reasoning.... Good luck if you put anything on mate :ok

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 I would be wary for Genoa backers just primarily because there is a lack of creativity right now. Kharja is out for 6 months due to a major injury in training. They were playing very well as he filled a void that was missing when Juric and Jankovic are out. Of course Lille are no Inter Milan and Genoa will definitely like their chances here, but I still worry about how Italian teams play on the road and how most of the time French teams tend to dominate at home. The question should be, whether or not Lille will try to pressure Genoa from the get go and whether they actually have the offense to do so. Genoa's defense is suspect but can their attack slip in the goals when necessary? This game is a reaction game for Genoa, will they succumb to another defeat or can they bounce back from their humilating defeat. I'd definitely would like to know how Lille's line up is looking tonight though. I know they are without Debuchy, but how key is he?

And it's just Lille. It's no megapower .... it's Lille a mediocre team from an even more mediocre league.
hilarious post, really, mate you should inform a little bit better before posting here :eyes FYI Lille only lost 1 in last 10 matches from all competitions, and that one was away from home against PSG. At home, they even got draw against Valencia, top team from to say it in your words "superior" Primera Div. : in5swj.png They played well against Genk & also demolished Slavia Prague away from home, but ok, "Lille is a mediocre team from mediocre league",I see :dude.Interesting all three CL teams from this mediocre league, won their matches this round, but who am I to judge over Liverpool or Bayern, those 2 other more mediocre teams, right? :lol Personally I would never bet against Lille when they play at home, but your decision mate, if you trust more in Names & League strengths, go for it, play Genoa or X, a team which lost 4 of their last 6 matches, being on downtrend atm!!

I would be wary for Genoa backers just primarily because there is a lack of creativity right now. Kharja is out for 6 months due to a major injury in training. They were playing very well as he filled a void that was missing when Juric and Jankovic are out. Of course Lille are no Inter Milan and Genoa will definitely like their chances here, but I still worry about how Italian teams play on the road and how most of the time French teams tend to dominate at home. The question should be, whether or not Lille will try to pressure Genoa from the get go and whether they actually have the offense to do so. Genoa's defense is suspect but can their attack slip in the goals when necessary? This game is a reaction game for Genoa, will they succumb to another defeat or can they bounce back from their humilating defeat. I'd definitely would like to know how Lille's line up is looking tonight though. I know they are without Debuchy, but how key is he?
I did a preview on the game earlier Mike, where I tipped Lille to win. Debuchy is a good player but at the moment I'd say Balmont, Mavuba, Gervinho and Frau are their most important players. Only Gervinho is set to miss out.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Jesus, lot of different opinions today! :lol As there always seems to be on here on european days... Im on Shakhtar tonight..after a (in hindsight) ill-advised high stakes back of Inter on tues im lowering my stakes a bit, but still into them for a sizable sum, they are playing really well at home this season in their new stadium and seem to be playing well domestically and in Europe and have not scored less than 4 goals in their new stadium yet, Toulouse are a young side and although performing well enough in europe you cant ignore their form in the french league which has them in mid-table, struggling to score goals..having watched the two teams they have beaten in europe so far i would not be getting carried away with that either..there will prob be a full house with both teams at full strength, think shakhtar will have too much for them, esp now they are a bit into their season.. Shakhtar -1 AH @ 1.7..bet365 Shakhtar -1 H @ 2.25..bluesquare Shakhtar -2.5 AH + FC Timisoara match under 2.5 @ 7.17..bet365 (Dont want to start another FC Timisoara related argument with the Romanian punters, but its fair to say they are a defensive minded outfit! Anyone who has followed this or the champions league qualifiers thread earlier in the season will know what im talking about! :lol)

Jesus, lot of different opinions today! :lol As there always seems to be on here on european days... Im on Shakhtar tonight..after a (in hindsight) ill-advised high stakes back of Inter on tues im lowering my stakes a bit, but still into them for a sizable sum, they are playing really well at home this season in their new stadium and seem to be playing well domestically and in Europe and have not scored less than 4 goals in their new stadium yet, Toulouse are a young side and although performing well enough in europe you cant ignore their form in the french league which has them in mid-table, struggling to score goals..having watched the two teams they have beaten in europe so far i would not be getting carried away with that either..there will prob be a full house with both teams at full strength, think shakhtar will have too much for them, esp now they are a bit into their season.. Shakhtar -1 AH @ 1.7..bet365 Shakhtar -1 H @ 2.25..bluesquare Shakhtar -2.5 AH + FC Timisoara match under 2.5 @ 7.17..bet365 (Dont want to start another FC Timisoara related argument with the Romanian punters, but its fair to say they are a defensive minded outfit! Anyone who has followed this or the champions league qualifiers thread earlier in the season will know what im talking about! :lol)
Sorry misread

I,ve been seeing your posts for sometime now and I think you are misleading people as you always take the full stake of 10 points. For instance, I saw the level of your domestic teams in Europe (Motherwell and Rangers recent performances) and especially the Celtic one: 0-1 at home with Dinamo Moskva (with a strange "turnover" in Moskva), 0-2 with Arsenal, 1-2 at Tel Aviv and 1-1 with Rapid Viena, again at home. So, I believe Celtic is in the best case an average team who can't be settled as 100% favourite when meeting Hamburger even the Germans are not very much interested in Europa League and have a depleted squad. Of course, it's a football match and everything is finally possible, but 10 points confidence???? No way. This is a betting site, so stop acting like a fan (another example: you did it the same when Scotland played in Norway and you were far from reality).
??? I always post my advice with a stake of 10pts. For me, I use level stakes and 10pts is not an indication of the bet being maximum strength. And I am not exactly asking people to follow my advice anyway so I don't see why I am misleading people? Stop acting like a fan? Have you read my previous advice? For someone that acts like a fan I think I'm doing ok to be honest. I am backing Celtic because at home, 2.19 Celtic draw no bet is a value price against a depleted Hamburg side. Yes, Celtic haven't been overly impressive so far this season but only on the goalscoring front as they have actually played some decent football on a few certain occasions. Basically this is a must win for Celtic and odds against for Celtic draw no bet at home against a depleted Hamburg side is good enough for me. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Hi everybody, been reading the posts on this forum for a while and there really are some incredible punters on here. Thought it was about time I share some of my own thoughts, so here I go. Europa League: Group B Valencia v Slavia Prague Slavia are a very poor team, in their last 5 games they have only won once against Kladno (5 places behind them in their domestic league). They were hammered 5-1 at home against Lille, conceding 4 goals in the last 20 minutes. They clearly have poor mentality and this will leave them in big trouble playing against a top team like Valencia. Although Unai Emery could again ring the changes for this game I still feel Valencia will hammer a few goals in against them, especially with David Villa likely to play after recovering from injury. Valencia's weekend fixture is against a poor Almeria side and I don't this will be on their minds. Valencia -1 = 1.695 Over 2.5 = 1.53 Lille v Genoa "We know that we have a very hard game at Lille but we are going there to claim all three points." These are the words of Genoa midfielder Mesto. I think that this important game for both teams, and Lille will almost certainly be looking to win this game. Genoa have been leaking goals recently having conceded 13 in their last 5 games and I think there is a strong chance of them conceding a few tonight. As we saw against Valencia however, Genoa are also capable of scoring a few goals of their own. I think this will be a tough battle between two closely matched sides with a few goals. Both teams to score = 1.80 Europa League: Group D Ventspils v Sporting Lisbon In my opinion this is going to be a tough game for Sporting Lisbon. The fact that they often struggle for goals away from home and that Ventspils have only conceded 2 goals in their last 5 games, should mean that this will be a low scoring affair. Ventspils are very defensive minded and will try their best not to lose this game and therefore I don't see there being many goals. Under 2.5 = 1.85 Europa League: Group G Lazio v Villareal Villareal are in a terrible state at the moment. They have only managed three draws so far in the Spanish Primera and one of their best players, the playmaker Ibagaza was recently injured. Santi Cazorla has also admitted that progression in the Europa League is far from being the Spanish side's priority, as they lie bottom of the Primera Division after a disastrous start to the season. Although Lazio also have a few injury problems of their own and have struggled to win games at home recently, I feel that they will please their fans tonight and come out with narrow victory. My one fear is that there is a possibility this game could end in a draw, therefore I think another value bet is more goals in the second half as both teams should come out cautious in the first. Lazio Win = 2.25 More goals in second half = 2.10 Europa league: Group H Sheriff v Twente Twente are having a very good season so far they sit at the top of both Group H and their domestic league table. They beat Fenerbahce away from home and look like they should win tonight's game. However, we must be wary of Sheriff, they are a solid team at home and concede very few goals. Sitting at the bottom of group H they will also be desperate to pick up at least a point here to give them at least a small chance of qualifying. I think there are a few great bets on offer in this game. Firstly I have noticed that all 5 of Sheriff's last 5 home games have ended 0-0 at half time, under 2.5 goals at full time and in 4 out of the 5 games there have been more goals in the second half. I think there is strong possibility that this pattern will continue tonight so here are the respective prices on offer. Half Time 0-0 = 2.62 More goals in second half = 2.10 Under 2.5 = 1.70 All bets with Bet 365, more to follow.... Opinions welcome. :)

I did a preview on the game earlier Mike' date=' where I tipped Lille to win. Debuchy is a good player but at the moment I'd say Balmont, Mavuba, Gervinho and Frau are their most important players. Only Gervinho is set to miss out.[/quote'] Ah cheers mate did not see it clearly, thank you for your thoughts!

??? I always post my advice with a stake of 10pts. For me, I use level stakes and 10pts is not an indication of the bet being maximum strength. And I am not exactly asking people to follow my advice anyway so I don't see why I am misleading people? Stop acting like a fan? Have you read my previous advice? For someone that acts like a fan I think I'm doing not to well to be honest. I am backing Celtic because at home, 2.19 Celtic draw no bet is a value price against a depleted Hamburg side. Yes, Celtic haven't been overly impressive so far this season but only on the goalscoring front as they have actually played some decent football on a few certain occasions. Basically this is a must win for Celtic and odds against for Celtic draw no bet against a depleted Hamburg side is good enough for me. :ok
Jack, I think it'd be fair to say Celtic have been pretty brutal at the back too. Neither Stephen McManus, Gary Caldwell or Glenn Loovens have held down a consistent spot in the back four. Danny Fox is good going forward but suspect defensively. Only Andreas Hinkel has done well consistently. I'm not having a go (before this board gets overly tetchy) as I can feel it simmering a little. Just wanted to point that out. Celtic's system is geared to having Marc-Antoine Fortune in their team and he IMHO is the guy Celtic are missing right now. And for what it's worth, I wouldn't touch this game with a bargepole. But with a gun to my head, I'd go Celtic DNB too. Good luck :ok

With you all the way here SctPunt. It's rather irritating when you go out of your way to put in a well constructed post (as your posts were) only to have it attacked by a half baked excuse for a constructive response by someone (Tambdy in this case)with perhaps a hidden agenda. I liked your posts and I hope your team wins tonight.
Nothing against sctpunt but how can you say it was a well constructed post when all that was done was copy and paste stats i was mearly joking about what mowbary said about stats the other day. God lighten up, i was destined to bet hamburg tonight but now i am really not sure think this could end up a 0-0.

Hi everybody, been reading the posts on this forum for a while and there really are some incredible punters on here. Thought it was about time I share some of my own thoughts, so here I go. Europa League: Group B Valencia v Slavia Prague Slavia are a very poor team, in their last 5 games they have only won once against Kladno (5 places behind them in their domestic league). They were hammered 5-1 at home against Lille, conceding 4 goals in the last 20 minutes. They clearly have poor mentality and this will leave them in big trouble playing against a top team like Valencia. Although Unai Emery could again ring the changes for this game I still feel Valencia will hammer a few goals in against them, especially with David Villa likely to play after recovering from injury. Valencia's weekend fixture is against a poor Almeria side and I don't this will be on their minds. Valencia -1 = 1.695 Over 2.5 = 1.53 Lille v Genoa "We know that we have a very hard game at Lille but we are going there to claim all three points." These are the words of Genoa midfielder Mesto. I think that this important game for both teams, and Lille will almost certainly be looking to win this game. Genoa have been leaking goals recently having conceded 13 in their last 5 games and I think there is a strong chance of them conceding a few tonight. As we saw against Valencia however, Genoa are also capable of scoring a few goals of their own. I think this will be a tough battle between two closely matched sides with a few goals. Both teams to score = 1.80 Europa League: Group D Ventspils v Sporting Lisbon In my opinion this is going to be a tough game for Sporting Lisbon. The fact that they often struggle for goals away from home and that Ventspils have only conceded 2 goals in their last 5 games, should mean that this will be a low scoring affair. Ventspils are very defensive minded and will try their best not to lose this game and therefore I don't see there being many goals. Under 2.5 = 1.85 Europa League: Group G Lazio v Villareal Villareal are in a terrible state at the moment. They have only managed three draws so far in the Spanish Primera and one of their best players, the playmaker Ibagaza was recently injured. Santi Cazorla has also admitted that progression in the Europa League is far from being the Spanish side's priority, as they lie bottom of the Primera Division after a disastrous start to the season. Although Lazio also have a few injury problems of their own and have struggled to win games at home recently, I feel that they will please their fans tonight and come out with narrow victory. My one fear is that there is a possibility this game could end in a draw, therefore I think another value bet is more goals in the second half as both teams should come out cautious in the first. Lazio Win = 2.25 More goals in second half = 2.10 Europa league: Group H Sheriff v Twente Twente are having a very good season so far they sit at the top of both Group H and their domestic league table. They beat Fenerbahce away from home and look like they should win tonight's game. However, we must be wary of Sheriff, they are a solid team at home and concede very few goals. Sitting at the bottom of group H they will also be desperate to pick up at least a point here to give them at least a small chance of qualifying. I think there are a few great bets on offer in this game. Firstly I have noticed that all 5 of Sheriff's last 5 home games have ended 0-0 at half time, under 2.5 goals at full time and in 4 out of the 5 games there have been more goals in the second half. I think there is strong possibility that this pattern will continue tonight so here are the respective prices on offer. Half Time 0-0 = 2.62 More goals in second half = 2.10 Under 2.5 = 1.70 All bets with Bet 365, more to follow.... Opinions welcome. :)
:welcome Good first post mate, lots of decent picks there. I'm on Lazio too so I'd agree with that one. I also think your call on 0-0 HT in the Sheriff game might be a winner too. I hope Genoa don't score as I have Lille but no doubt they probably will...!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Starting to tire, but here are my last few... Europa League: Group I Benfica v Everton Everton sit comfortably at the top of Group I but I'm not sure how long this will last. They have drawn their last 2 games at home in the Premiership against two average sides in wolves and stoke, and I think their large injury list i starting to take it's toll on their performances. With Saha returning you can't completely right them off, but I think Benfica have a very good chance of taking all 3 points tonight. In their last game Benfica stormed to a 6-0 victory and confidence must be high in their camp. Benfica score alot of goals and i see this one maybe ending 2-1 to Benfica, as I think Moyes will have one eye on this weekend's premiership fixture against Bolton. Over 2.5 = 1.95 Benfica Win = 1.83 Both teams to score = 1.80 Europa league: Group J Brugge v Partizan I think Brugge are a good side and I'm surprised to see them 3rd in this group... Against Toulouse they showed that they still want to be in this competition and tonight I think they will show us that they're real contenders to go through. They are a strong team at home and combined with the fact that Partizan don't travel well, I think we could see Brugge win tonight. This won't be an easy game for Brugge though and I'm fairly confident that Partizan will also get a goal in this game, as even against Shaktar they managed a goal. Brugge to win = 1.72 Both teams to score = 1.72 Shakhtar v Toulouse This game sees first place Shakhtar play second place Toulouse, Shakhtar will definately be confident of getting a win in this one, with their strong home record, but Toulouse are no pushovers and will feel confident after their recent victory over PSG. I think this game will be very close, with both teams doing alot of attacking. Personally I think Shakhtar will just edge it but there should be quite a few goals, and I'm confident that if Partizan can score against Shakhtar so can Toulouse. Both teams to score = 1.83 Over 2.5 =1.80 Europa League: Group K PSV v Copenhagen This game is another that looks very close in my opinion. Although Ajax are the better team, Copenhagen will not want to lose with Cluj hot on their tail, so I think they'll play quite defensively and go for the draw. It won't be easy for them against a team like PSV who have won their last 5 home games... I don't think they'll manage to stop PSV from winning, but I do think it will be close, maybe a late PSV goal and a 1-0 victory. PSV to win = 1.61 Under 2.5 = 1.80 Right thats it from me.... Hope there are few winners there. Again all prices from Bet 365, opinions welcome. ;)

"Genoa will beat those 2 teams at home because they are impressive on home ground" Umm you apparently didn't check the score on the weekend. 5-0 Inter Milan who if you haven't noticed drew 2-2 to Kiev. So again based on your REASONING, Inter should of killed Kiev because they went to Genoa who are "impressive on home ground" and killed them. So you would have to ASSUME that Inter should kill Kiev? WRONG. There are ways to read statistics and there are ways to assume. You are making assumptions rather than reading current stats.
I knew they won beat Dynamo Kiev too hard because Barcelona couldn't do it and Barcelona is a lot better than Inter. Doesn't matter so much what teams do in their league ... it only ca give a measure of their form. For example last year St Ettienne played miserably in French League 1 but won a lot in Europe. Steaua from Romania does the same. they can get pathetic results, draw at home against last place and then go in Europe and get a very good result. And Genoa had some very good results last year on home ground. This year they're not so strong and it's because they changed the team a lot. But let's be serious neither are Lille. And about that stupid thing with killed them: Inter also killed Milan, who are better on home ground, but Milan killed Real. It's about the circumstances. What I think about genoa is that their attacking style is more fit on home ground. I stick with my prediction. Probably the score will be something like 1-1 or who knows ... 2-2. Both teams look like scoring. And also remember that Genoa played last year away for the draw. At least they got many draw ended games away. Lille are slightly favorites but not worth backing(odds should be bigger-higher). Draw has value as it is a bigger chance for a draw than a Genoa win.

Everton's backline is Gosling - Hibbert - Distin - Coleman But yeah, Rafa has the biggest injury crisis in the history of football. I'd be all over Benfica.
Rafa coaches liverpool =p Anyway this week im feeling good so im going to back Villareal. They have to win sooner or later and I have been less than impress with Lazio as well. Villareal still have a solid lineup and are going to want to win to gain confidence here for their domestic league villareal at 3.15

Ok guys here's the latest on Fenerbahce match squad.. Uruguayan international captain Diego Lugano (Centreback), Bilica (Centreback) have played in the starting 11 in the last practice of the team in Bucharest. They will be given a pre match fitness test to see whether they can play or not. Semih Senturk (Turkish Internatioanl Striker) will be tested on match day too but is unlikely to field as he left the last practice due to his ankle injury. However Brazilian Alex De Souza (playmaker) and Daniel Guiza (Spanish International Striker) have not been taken to Romania as they are currently in the injured list. Not mentioning the long term injured Deivid De Souza as he hasnt come back from injury. If you are considering adding D.Bucharest - Fenerbahce match to your list my advice would be to go for the hosts as the visitors are missing Alex in midfield and he is just the heart of the visitors. With no playmaker and no current strikers the visitors will be happy to settle for a point at Bucharest but I highly doubt it that it will happen. My verdict is that the Romanians are playing aggressive football and they should slip couple of goals even before half time here.. GL..:ok
trust me on this one nothing will happen before half time. Steaua kills in the second half around minutes 60. I think it will be x/1. no betting on this match too large anyway.

am lost what would evertons usual back line be ??are they missing players up front??
Everton would normally go with; Hibbert, Dystin, Jagielka, and Jobo. Hibbert is a right full back and Gosling is naturally a midfielder. It would appear that Seamus Coleman is making his debut at left back. Everton trainee. Not seen him play myself.

Wow the concept of sarcasm is obviously lost on you.
maybe I misread what he was implying, but **** you for being a **** :clap why dont you try to post some of your views instead of idiotic posts like that? pointless and a waste of time, you have contributed nothing to this thread

maybe I misread what he was implying' date=' but **** you for being a **** :clap[/quote'] Ooh wow I can tell that you're a polite and classy gentleman, you must have lots of friends if you talk like that to random strangers.

something is not right with the Lazio game. Massive Lazio odds drift 1-2 hours before KO. yet they go 1 up...
have to agree,now 1-1 in the lazio game and odds 11/4 for lazio 6/4 villareal,strange considering the starting prices,its like the bookies know lazio aint gonna win or am i wrong?

have to agree' date='now 1-1 in the lazio game and odds 11/4 for lazio 6/4 villareal,strange considering the starting prices,its like the bookies know lazio aint gonna win or am i wrong?[/quote'] It is somewhat off putting...especially since I backed Lazio:unsure But the bookies don't know anything really. What has probably happened is some big bets were placed on Villarreal and the bookies are trying to attract bets on Lazio and the draw to balance the line. Now, whether the people who lumped on Villarreal know something is another question.....