** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Oct 22

Djordje

Thursday 22 October 2009HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAC Sparta Praha v CFR Cluj (18:00 BST) 2.23 3.45 3.25 104.60 %
maximize.gifAthletic Bilbao v Nacional da Madeira (18:00 BST) 1.45 4.6 8.5 102.47 %
maximize.gifBenfica v Everton (18:00 BST) 1.94 3.6 4 104.32 %
maximize.gifClub Brugge v FK Partizan (18:00 BST) 1.81 3.55 4.75 104.47 %
maximize.gifFC BATE Borisov v AEK Athens (18:00 BST) 3 3.5 2.42 103.23 %
maximize.gifFC Sheriff Tiraspol v FC Twente (18:00 BST) 5 3.55 1.8 103.72 %
maximize.gifFK Austria Wien v Werder Bremen (18:00 BST) 5.6 3.75 1.72 102.42 %
maximize.gifLazio v Villarreal (18:00 BST) 2.44 3.35 3.2 102.08 %
maximize.gifPSV Eindhoven v FC København (18:00 BST) 1.68 3.6 6 103.97 %
maximize.gifRed Bull Salzburg v Levski Sofia (18:00 BST) 1.51 4.2 8.5 101.80 %
maximize.gifShakhtar Donetsk v Toulouse FC (18:00 BST) 1.47 4.5 8.5 102.01 %
maximize.gifSteaua Bucuresti v Fenerbahçe SK (18:00 BST) 2.84 3.45 2.6 102.66 %
maximize.gifAjax v Dinamo Zagreb (20:05 BST) 1.5 4.2 7 104.76 %
maximize.gifCeltic v Hamburger SV (20:05 BST) 3.25 3.4 2.5 100.18 %
maximize.gifCSKA Sofia v FC Basel (20:05 BST) 2.23 3.4 3.25 105.02 %
maximize.gifFC Timisoara v Anderlecht (20:05 BST) 2.9 3.45 2.52 103.15 %
maximize.gifFK Ventspils v Sporting CP (20:05 BST) 6.2 4.1 1.7 99.34 %
maximize.gifFulham v AS Roma (20:05 BST) 2.86 3.5 2.55 102.75 %
maximize.gifGalatasaray SK v Dinamo Bucuresti (20:05 BST) 1.36 4.6 9 106.18 %
maximize.gifHapoel Tel Aviv v SK Rapid Wien (20:05 BST) 2.34 3.4 3 105.48 %
maximize.gifHertha BSC v Heerenveen (20:05 BST) 1.87 3.55 4.7 102.92 %
maximize.gifLille OSC v Genoa (20:05 BST) 2.3 3.4 3.1 105.15 %
maximize.gifPanathinaikos v SK Puntigamer Sturm Graz (20:05 BST) 1.36 4.6 11.5 103.77 %
maximize.gifValencia v FK Slavia Praha (20:05 BST) 1.28 5.5 12 104.64 %

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 This weekend, in Turkey, we have THE match of the season, Fenerbahçe v Galatasaray derby. I think this will have a bearing on the UEFA League matches of both teams. The lads from both sides may find it hard to focus on these matches. If Christoph Daum choses to rest Alex and Güiza for example, Fenerbahçe could very well be laid; and this indeed is quite likely, given that UEFA League is more or less of secondary importance to them compared to the Turkish league. Or, in Galatasaray's case, since the opponent is weaker, they may seek to go out and have the job done very early into the game. Etc., etc. Too early for clear verdicts though. I'll try to keep you updated. :sad

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Lazio at home @2.25 to finish off poor Villareal. It's clear now that Villareal are in deep sh*t.Last spot in La Liga and no hope in the future unless they make some changes.I think Villareal will give up on Europa and concentrate on La Liga,otherwise i see them fighing for relegation this season. Benfica at home to beat Everton.Everton having bad times in EPL(2 draws in a row at home)at the moment and Europa probably is a last thing they think about.They are top of the group with 6 points,with some games at home.Benfica usualy strong at home and after embarasing loose to AEK last time they will try to take all 3 points this week. Steaua to beat Fener @2.7 is a value bet.Fener could only win 1-0 against moldavian team last time and they will probably look forward for the weekend game against Gala.They still have home games to play and taking to concederation that Steaua are solid at home i think that this is a good value bet.If not sure then cover yourself with AH 0 @1.95

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Steaua v Fenerbahce - Draw 5/10 @3.35 Reason: If we look at the table we see that with a draw Fenerbahce would still sit on second position, because we do not expect twente to lose against poor sherrif team. Next match would be at home against Steaua where Fenerbahce could make a big step by winning against Steaua (theoretically 4 points in front of Steaua then - with two matches left, even another draw would mean they are infront of Steaua). If we take into account Galatasaray match, the draw looks like a very possible outcome here. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 -Steaua vs Fenerbahçe Steaua wins or get a draw. At Turkcell league, next match Fenerbahce vs Galatasaray. Beating Galatasaray is most important thing for Fenerbahce, players, manager and supporters can't think anything but weekend. Fenerbahçe's manager Daum said Fenerbahçe's target is not success in Euro, target is 3 championship in rope. In addition Fenerbahce's top scorer and assist maker, Alex de Souza won't play against Steaua. Prediction; Staue won't lose. -Galatasaray vs Dinamo Bucuresti Galatasaray generally doesn't lose point in Ali Samiyen Stadium. Last Euro game Sturm take a draw, Galatasaray doesn't let this happens again. There is no injuring or suspended first 11 player. Prediction; Galatasaray wins.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 steaua-fenerbahçe fener will play without alex de sousa(play maker and every thing of this team), david guiza(striker) and lugano( defender) these are most important players for fener.. and at the weekend fener will play big derby with galatasaray..galatasaray match is more important than europen cups for fener.. no motivation for fener players.. steaua must win this game for to pass next stage.. and i know that romanian teams plays every time good football at home.. last match, steaua got draw away to twente, and twente beat fener at home and alex,guiza and luano played tht match.. steaua straight wins; 2.7 bet365

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 galatasaray-d.bükreş galatasaray plays very impressive at home.. especially we have great players for attack.. keita, baros, arda, kewell, elano.. every match we score lots of goals.. but we have terrible defence.. every team can score to galatasaray easyly.. but we can score more than we conceded.. gala has no injury or suspended players.. yes we will play big derby at the weekend but gala plays for europen cups every year.. it is most important thing for gala.. we can easyly beat dinamo but i think taht dinomo will score too..cause dinamo plays better away.. over 2.5 ; 1.67 betsson ( value)

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22

Lazio at home @2.25 to finish off poor Villareal. It's clear now that Villareal are in deep sh*t.Last spot in La Liga and no hope in the future unless they make some changes.I think Villareal will give up on Europa and concentrate on La Liga,otherwise i see them fighing for relegation this season.
I agree with what you're saying but emphasise caution - this is a Lazio side that have already lost at home to Salzburg in the formidable Stadio Olimpico. I wouldn't read much into their win at Levski Sofia - the Bulgarians have so many issues at the moment that it's unreal with big players having been sold & no form etc. Still, good luck mate, hope you're right!:cheers

I agree with what you're saying but emphasise caution - this is a Lazio side that have already lost at home to Salzburg in the formidable Stadio Olimpico. I wouldn't read much into their win at Levski Sofia - the Bulgarians have so many issues at the moment that it's unreal with big players having been sold & no form etc. Still, good luck mate, hope you're right!:cheers
Cheers mate.I remember u said the same when i took Salzburg over @3.0 at home against Villareal ;) I was watching them against Xerez,they are hopeless.I think they think about La Liga at the moment.they will play Malaga at home and will only have 3 days rest,so...:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 I wish you all the good luck and succes . Here are my picks ; Galatasaray - Dinamo Bucharest A bit early bet but I expect people to notice the line and odds to drop. I can explain the reason of this bet with 2 reasons ; 1) Not only the teams in Turkey, but also the teams in Europe are aware of the strength of Galatasaray and whenever they play against Galatasaray, they play extra motivated. If this team is from Balkan countries or let me say if that team is not from one of the major leagues such as England, Spain then this motivation goes up since taking something from Galatasaray or scoring against Galatasaray makes them local heros.Romania is always a good market for Turkish teams and maybe not now but just 1-2 years ago most of the teams in Turkey were chasing players in Romania. I believe on Thursday night players of Dinamo will play closed and combined football and look for chances in counter attacks. We clearly know that defense is the weakness in Galatasaray and I doubt this weakness will be treated in such a short time-3 days. I believe Dinamo will have chances to score... 2)The biggest derby in Turkish Football is the Galatasaray v Fenerbahce games. And, whatever you do, you cant take the mind of the players away from thinking this game which will be played on Sunday. A draw even a loss against Dinamo will be forgotten in case of a win on Sunday against Fenerbahce. Same physcology exist for Fenerbahce players too. Anyway, besides all these facts, I watched Galatasaray were carefully on Sunday in 4-3 win against Trabzon and I was dissapointed byn the defensive weakness of both midfield and defense. To conclude, I strongly believe that under these facts, the game against a solid, closed and combined Dinamo will be very hard and consedering this bet will be a winner even if Dinamo loses by 1, I put my full stakes here. Pick: Dinamo Bucharest (+1.5)(AH), Odds: 1.87, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: 10Bet Shakhtar Donetsk - Toulouse Shaktar already has 2 wins and doesnt need to attack madly at home while Toulouse isnt a that bad team to be trashed in this kind of a game. I believe the line should be different and I take advantage of that. Remembering the suprise results of the medicore teams in recent years such as Parma, Lille etc, I believe this is a good bet since we will be a winner even if Toulouse loses by 1. Pick: Toulouse (+1.5)(AH), Odds: 1.74, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: >10Bet Sheriff Tiraspol - Twente One of the most underish teams of Europa League is Sheriff as we saw in Fenerbahce game. In last 2 games in the group, they didnt score and conceded only once. Defense is their only strength and Twente is not in need of win or so called "must win" situation. Odds good enough to take a chance here. Pick: Slobet Ajax - Dinamo Zagreb I dont understand these lines. Ajax is not a world beater and Dinamo is a solid team. Odds are good, and I can safely go againts a unstable Ajax. Pick: Dinamo Zagreb (+1.5)(AH) , Odds: 1.74, Stake: 10, Bookmaker: 10Bet

steaua-fenerbahçe fener will play without alex de sousa(play maker and every thing of this team), david guiza(striker) and lugano( defender) these are most important players for fener..
Is this confirmed information? Probable loosing in Bucharest will be dangerous for tournament promotion.

Is this confirmed information? Probable loosing in Bucharest will be dangerous for tournament promotion.
Alex certainly won't play. No Alex, No goal position. Güiza, Deivid and Lugano have injuring, maybe tomorrow we can learn they are out or in squad.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Benfica vs Everton Some news on the Everton team Everton squad: Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Gosling, Baines, Coleman, Osman, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Jo, Saha, Yakubu, Fellaini, Nash, Wallace, Duffy, Akpan. If Rafa thinks he has problems he needs not look further than down the road to see what real injury problems are. Make no mistake this is a massively depleted Everton squad missing a host of first team regulars. What is key here is the defence, the only available fit centre-back is Distin, which means we are likely to see Gosling - Hibbert - Distin - Baines. We might have got away with fielding Hibbert in the centre against BATE but unless Benfica have another howler like the one against AEK, we won't be so fortunate. In midfield we are still missing our creative players in Pienaar and Arteta, evident during the last 2 home games when we could only manage draws against Stoke and Wolves. I think our main threat to their goal will be aerial, the 'Russian Beckham' (as he is becoming quickly known) Bilyaletdinov's crossing and set pieces will almost certainly cause problems for Benfica with Fellaini, Cahill and Saha attacking them. I read today that Benfica have scored something along the lines of 37 goals in 12 games domestically, if they don't have too many injury problems of their own, and if they are on form Everton could take a hammering here. Two bets I'm going to throw in a couple of trebles are Over 2.5 goals @ Evens Both teams to score @ 10/11 If I was a neutral, Benfica @ evens is in my opinion good value. Benfica -1 @ 3

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Celtic vs Hamburg Advice: 10pts on Celtic (+0) AH @ 2.16 Ladbrokes This is a massive massive price for Celtic at home. Ok, they haven’t been too impressive so far this season but I can’t put the blame on Mowbray who actually has the team playing some good football, the blame simply must go on Mr McDonald and Samaras who just can’t seem to hit the net. Hamburg beat Hapoel 4-2 at home in their last Europa fixture but were previously thumped 3-0 away at Rapid Vienna. Celtic lost away at Hapoel and were unlucky only to draw 1-1 with Vienna as they were the better team whereas Rapid were happy to sit back and soak up the pressure. Hamburg certainly won’t do that here and this is all set to be a very open game in my opinion. Andreas Hinkel returns for the Bhoys and that is a massive plus although Danny Fox is set to miss out. Hamburg are without several players for this tie and I simply can’t have them as favourites playing at Parkhead. A must win game for Celtic and if McDonald & Samaras have their shooting boots on, I believe they can do it.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Benfica vs Everton Advice: 10pts on Benfica (-0.75) AH @ 2.15 Bet365 Everton come into this with a very much depleted squad and the odds on Benfica are just too good to resist. After losing away at AEK last time, this is a must win game for Benfica much more than Everton who have already gained maximum points from their opening 2 games. Benfica are formidable at home however and with Everton’s injury list only increasing, I can’t see them causing the Portuguese side any problems. Joseph Yobo, Steven Piennar and Leon Osman are the latest players to miss out for Everton here. Lucas Neill, John Heitinga, Phil Neville and Phil Jagielka also miss out aswell as long-term casualty Mikel Arteta. Everton have only managed 2 draws in their last two premier league fixtures and considering both were at home against Stoke & Wolves, that is disappointing. They also got very lucky against BATE Borisov when winning 2-1 away from home despite being 2nd best for most of the match.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 I really fancy Roma away at Fulham. Reason being, Fulham only played on Monday night so will be tired, they arent having the best run in the league at the moment, and they will probably have 1 eye on Man City at the weekend, hoping not to drop even more points in the league there. Roma arent playing very well at all either in Serie A, however they have what will be regarded as a fairly easier match coming up at the weekend against a struggling Livorno. I also think if Totti, Vucinic etc start they will have a little too much for fulham, so should be a narrow win. Next up I fancy Hamburg away at Celtic Celtic are having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, winning only 2 of the last 5, whereas you would usually have them down as winning all 5 (granted one of them was a defeat at rangers). My main reason for this bet though is because Hamburg are doing so well in the Bundesliga. They are currently 2nd in the league, and this is only down to Leverkusen scoring one more goal than them. I dont want to offend any Celtic or Rangers fans, but Rangers were demolished by Unirea on Tuesday at home, and I think Hamburg will be far too strong for Celtic, and at 2.5 it has to be worth a shout in my book!

Celtic vs Hamburg Advice: 10pts on Celtic (+0) AH @ 2.16 Ladbrokes This is a massive massive price for Celtic at home. Ok, they haven’t been too impressive so far this season but I can’t put the blame on Mowbray who actually has the team playing some good football, the blame simply must go on Mr McDonald and Samaras who just can’t seem to hit the net. Hamburg beat Hapoel 4-2 at home in their last Europa fixture but were previously thumped 3-0 away at Rapid Vienna. Celtic lost away at Hapoel and were unlucky only to draw 1-1 with Vienna as they were the better team whereas Rapid were happy to sit back and soak up the pressure. Hamburg certainly won’t do that here and this is all set to be a very open game in my opinion. Andreas Hinkel returns for the Bhoys and that is a massive plus although Danny Fox is set to miss out. Hamburg are without several players for this tie and I simply can’t have them as favourites playing at Parkhead. A must win game for Celtic and if McDonald & Samaras have their shooting boots on, I believe they can do it.
I really like the celtic price, think i'll be backing em tommo. feet up watch it itv 4 and count my cash hopefully!:D

I really fancy Roma away at Fulham. Reason being, Fulham only played on Monday night so will be tired, they arent having the best run in the league at the moment, and they will probably have 1 eye on Man City at the weekend, hoping not to drop even more points in the league there. Roma arent playing very well at all either in Serie A, however they have what will be regarded as a fairly easier match coming up at the weekend against a struggling Livorno. I also think if Totti, Vucinic etc start they will have a little too much for fulham, so should be a narrow win. Next up I fancy Hamburg away at Celtic Celtic are having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, winning only 2 of the last 5, whereas you would usually have them down as winning all 5 (granted one of them was a defeat at rangers). My main reason for this bet though is because Hamburg are doing so well in the Bundesliga. They are currently 2nd in the league, and this is only down to Leverkusen scoring one more goal than them. I dont want to offend any Celtic or Rangers fans, but Rangers were demolished by Unirea on Tuesday at home, and I think Hamburg will be far too strong for Celtic, and at 2.5 it has to be worth a shout in my book!
One thing I will say here, Celtic have never been demolished at home in Europe the same way Rangers have over the years. The teams are different in that Celtic are more of a footballing side whereas Rangers rely a lot on being defensive and well organized, so if they go behind and that gameplan goes out the window they can crumble. Rangers have taken a few pummellings down the years at Ibrox in Europe. Granted, Celtic have been really poor recently and were very poor against Motherwell at the weekend, yeah we missed some chances but thought the overall play was poor and we were missing a good few players and miss Fortune. Immediately after that Motherwell game I was thinking Hamburg could be a good bet but they have their two best strikers out Mladen Petric and the Peruvian Guerrero. The replacement, the young Swede Markus Berg has been misfiring apparently, but you will have to ask the German specialists in here how good the players are coming in. Celtic welcome back German full-back Hinkel who is good going forward and will boost Celtic's attacking options, Loovens also comes back in and he is the most commanding of a poor bunch of central defenders. While Celtic have been really poor recently, 2/1 is a big price, I'm gonna think about this and look more into Hamburg's injuries.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Right, this is Hamburg's injury list ( from BBC Sport) Defender Jerome Boateng is the latest injury worry for Hamburg, who already have seven first-team players missing. Defenders Alex Silva, Collin Benjamin and Miroslav Stepanek, plus striker Paolo Guerrero, are all missing for the Europa League Group C game after suffering torn cruciate knee ligaments. The loss of Bastian Reinhardt has also reduced Hamburg's defensive options, being a long-term casualty along with forward Mladen Petric. Striker Tolgay was forced off with an injury during Saturday's 0-0 draw at home to Bayer Leverkusen. Right German experts, 1907Zico, McFly, how good are the replacements? Hamburg don't look in the best of shape here. Any info regarding injuries, starting XI would be appreciated.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Interesting to see a bit of interest in the Celtic v Hamburg game.... Being a Celtic fan I thought I'd give my opinion on the match.... Celtic V Hamburg - Celtic win @ 3.1 (William Hill) Celtic are currently going through a transitional stage with Tony Mowbery still tinkering with the squad of players he has to try get them playing football the way he wants his team to play. On Saturday we lost ground in the Championship race by drawing at home to a more than decent Motherwell side. While that result was frustrating for Celtic, we did have a good few chances to win the match, McDonald and McGeady the main culprits on this occasion. In the past few games Shaun Maloney and Samaras have also missed gilt edged chances to win matches for the Hoops (Maloney missed two sitters against Rapid and Rangers). The problem recently seems to be finding the net, I agree with So67 above in that we miss Fortune. Celtic's form at Celtic Park in Europe has been somewhat formiddable up until last season and this season at home in Europe we have played three games thus far.... In early July (midway through Celtic's preseason) we lost 1-0 at home to Dinamo Moscow - The Russian side took the lead after 7 minutes and decided to sit in and protect their lead, however Celtic, even though they looked like the lacked match fitness, battled away and were extremely unlucky not to score themselves. We over turned the result and won the away leg 2-0 in Russia. In August (One game into the new SPL season) we lost 2-0 at home to Arsenal. There is no denying Arsenal are a class above Celtic however on this occassion I tohught we played well and were extremely unlucky to lose the game to a wicked deflection and a horrible own goal. We played ok. At the start of this month we drew 1-1 at home to Rapid Vienna. Again the visitors scored early on (3rd minute) and this allowed them to stick 11 men behind the ball making it very difficult for Celtic to break them down, however again we had the chances to win this game and really should have scored at least 2 of them to make it 3-1. I guess my point in commenting on the three European games this season at Parkhead is to illustrate that Celtic have not been playing badly in these games, we just havent found the finishing touch which made our home form so impressive in recent seasons. As the So67 says we have never really been hammered at home in Europe and I think that shows we as a unit and a team can be a solid unit and play football against the big teams on our own turf. We have played better teams than Hamburg and managed a result, it is interesting to me that Hamburg are missing 7 players tomorrow night. I dont really know too much about them but I recognise they are a good, solid team, however the two players I have been most impressed with ( Guerro and Petric) are out through injury and this can only be a massive boost for Mowery's men tomorrow night. The manager has came out and said that its not a win or bust game for us, I presume he is saying this to keep calm around the camp because to be honest if we are sitting on 1 point after 3 games (two of which have been at home) then I cannot really see us progressing. I too would appreicate some of the German lads on the forum to inform us on the ability of the squad available to Hamburg tomorrow night :ok At this moment in time I am looking to back Celtic at an overpriced (in my opinion) 3.1 :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Benfica vs Everton Pick : Home win Odds : 1.91 @Ladbrokes After a good start against Bate from Belarus with a solid 2-0 win in Lisbon no one would predict a slip of this renewed Benfica at the feet of some out of form greek team like AEK but it did happen. Benfica could have won that game in Greece so many were the chances created and that result was a setback and many people here started to doubt of the capacity of this Benfica in big matches or even on an european competition. Understanding that main priority is the championship, i am convinced of two things for today's match : that coach Jesus won't look down on it and will do everything he can to win it for two reasons. First, keep the high morale of the team and keep the fans around the team, following them wherever they go, as we have seen here with all venues at full capacity. Second, to cast away for good all the demons from last season pathetic campaign on Uefa Cup, demons that came up to many fans minds after that defeat against the greeks. Everton is not doing very well this season on premiership and comes from two draws against Stoke (away) and Wolverhampton (away). They are placed mid table and i've read that they were lucky to get that win in Belarus against Bate. Also it seems that there are some injuries affecting the team especially those of defender Yobo and midfielder Piennar among other long term absences. According to their coach, a draw in Lisbon would be perfect for them. Wisely, as usually, coach Jesus withdrew all pressure from his lads shoulders by admitting in press conference that this is not crucial for them, and that Benfica-AEK is thee game. By doing so, i expect a team playing with tranquility and playing well, and probably scoring some goals like he also promised there would be, and i can't see Everton capable of taking any point from this match. I see Benfica winning again and by doing so, they'll level Everton and put pressure on AEK that will play on Belarus. All in all, this is game between an in form (strong) team especially at home, that plays for the title and an average team english team, not doing so well on their league and that is closer to the relegation places rather than the first group that fight for Europa league. Benfica will win this match and jump to first place with Everton.

Benfica vs Everton Advice: 10pts on Benfica (-0.75) AH @ 2.15 Bet365 Everton come into this with a very much depleted squad and the odds on Benfica are just too good to resist. After losing away at AEK last time, this is a must win game for Benfica much more than Everton who have already gained maximum points from their opening 2 games... Joseph Yobo, Steven Piennar and Leon Osman are the latest players to miss out for Everton here. Lucas Neill, John Heitinga, Phil Neville and Phil Jagielka also miss out aswell as long-term casualty Mikel Arteta. Everton have only managed 2 draws in their last two premier league fixtures and considering both were at home against Stoke & Wolves, that is disappointing. They also got very lucky against BATE Borisov when winning 2-1 away from home despite being 2nd best for most of the match.
Mate I agree with you there mostly but what I would be careful of is that Benfica really doesn't take the Europa League very seriously ... it's been a few years since Benfica won the title in Portugal and they've got a good shot at it now, so you'll find them concentrating on their upcoming league match against 5th place Nacional next Monday. I would say its a banker that Benfica's most important player, Pablo Aimar the brilliant attacking midfielder, will sit this one out, and Benfica look very different without him. Nonetheless I would agree that they will win this game, because even without him. Benfica have a very strong midfield, young Brazilian midfielder Ramires has a lot of ability and so does Javi Garcia, who played 20 first team games for Real Madrid last year and has great potential at age 21. Their guns going forward are definitely Aimar and Di Maria, Aimar is the intelligent, creative technician playmaker and Di Maria is the aggressive, lung-busting winger, very quick and canny (he's a starter for Argentina). Up front Saviola and Cardozo usually start, you all know Saviola of Barca/Real fame, he's a gifted player who had some bad luck in Spain but at Benfica he's really showing his quality. Cardozo has scored more than 50 goals in 80 appearance s for Benfica since 2007 so you do the math, he's a great forward. They've also got Nuno Gomes, formerly of Fiorentina, a great striker and the captain, as well as Mantorras, a Angolan forward who's very quick. Defensively they are not bad, Luisao the key defender and Pereira on the right also important. In goal they have Quim, who's been the #1/#2 Portugal goalie on and off since about 2000, he's not bad. Now for this game, its likely they will rest Aimar and Quim, possibly also Saviola but not as likely as the first two. So be aware of that before you lump on Benfica, but if Everton bring a weak squad, Benfica will beat them, possibly quite convincingly. But a draw could happen here if Benfica don't score early, they sometimes lose composure a bit (a.k.a AEK last round).

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 A lot of talk about Hamburg's injuries here, Will Hamburg be weakened by their injuries = YES. Only Berg is fit and although talented he's young and its a lot of pressure with all the forwards out. Nevertheless, despite all the injuries Hamburg managed to draw 0-0 with Leverkusen, one of the form teams in Bundesliga so one thing is sure - Defence is coping fine. This may be a problem for Celtic who are really having problems in scoring goals. Hamburg really made a lot of mistakes against Rapid so do not read into that one, they fixed up a lot in the league and have been doing well away from home as well as at home. And the gap in quality between Bundesliga and SPL is, at least one or two levels higher for the Germans. Mowbray is not a bad coach though and I can see this being a 1-1, or really going either way depending on who scores first. One thing is sure = Hamburg really targeting Europa League this year to do well because of all the flops in CL by the other German teams. Guys I would advise no bet on this unless you take small-medium stakes - could go either way. Hamburg at full strength would thump Celtic but now ... I don't know. Celtic could win this if Hamburg don't concentrate.... in terms of forwards Celtic isn't great, MacDonald is really disappointing (I'm Australian and we don't even rate him over here :lol) but I think McGeady is okay, but man, that guy Samaras was really terrible in the Premier League. Zheng Zhiyi can't play in Europe .... Neverthless, Celtic at home is something, and I can't see Celtic losing heavily here, if they do lose.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Lazio to beat Villareal Lazio have made a slow start to their Serie A campaign this season sitting in 13th place after 8 games however their problem is not being able to turn draws into wins having drawn 4 of their 8 league games so far. They are on a run of 5 home games without a win in all competitions at the moment but i expect that to change tonight as they are always tough to beat at the Stadio Olympico and compared to Villareal`s form at the moment Lazio are positively flying! Villareal currently sit bottom of La Liga this season with only 3 points from 7 games and no wins. They lost at the weekend to newly promoted Xerez 2-1 and to put that into perspective Xerez had only scored 1 goal in their previous 6 league games conceding 12 at the same time,so confidence will not be high. So i will go for a Lazio win tonight as though 5/4 may not be the best price i would price it as an odds on home win.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 I will be fulham tonight,and totti does not start due to injury,win this and we will almost through/WITH the man city game on sunday,roy hodgson will rest players,but we do have a much better squad these days.I never bet on fulham but a draw would not surprise me. As for cska sofia,well i was on holiday when we played basle at home but although we won1-0,all my friends who were there ,were very impressed with basle,so i think at 3.25 in general,they have a good chance against the team who will finish bottom.

I will be fulham tonight,and totti does not start due to injury,win this and we will almost through/WITH the man city game on sunday,roy hodgson will rest players,but we do have a much better squad these days.I never bet on fulham but a draw would not surprise me. As for cska sofia,well i was on holiday when we played basle at home but although we won1-0,all my friends who were there ,were very impressed with basle,so i think at 3.25 in general,they have a good chance against the team who will finish bottom.
I love your Basel bet. Iam thinking taking straight win or Basel +0.5. I watched Fullham vs Basel 2 weeks ago, although they lost... they played excellent. They are a team with high discipline, very well organised and also have attacking flair down the wings... and Frei is an excellent striker. They also pressure the opposition and work very hard for each other. Basel +0.5 for me medium- big stakes. Basel win small Stakes

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 22 Fulham v Roma - Roma @ 2.60 Betfair (£816 to back) Fulham have a few problems going into this match with Murphy and Johnson still missing, Hodgson has also stated that he may rest a few players because of the game against Manchester City at the weekend, I thought they would find it tough with a full team out but these injury problems make me side more to the away side, they are without a few players such as Totti but around the same team is expected to play that faced Milan, I think the visitors will have to much for Fulham.