** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20

Only needed Barca to complete a so called easy treble. £300 gone. I feel sick.:@
lol - same for me. Barca let me down. £258 gone. Still enjoyed my experiment of 'just go all in with the previous bets winnings' though. Managed a weeks wages in a weekend, just a shame the Champions League stole it from me! There were a good few goals in the 90th minutes that im sure will have screwed over a few people tonight.

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Hi all, this is my first post, and what a great website by the way. As for tonight... dear lord! :puke When I wacked a load of money on Barca at half time @ 1.80, and only 2mins later they had equalised, I thought my night was made... What on earth happened? Im still crying in the corner... :cry

Hi all, this is my first post, and what a great website by the way. As for tonight... dear lord! :puke When I wacked a load of money on Barca at half time @ 1.80, and only 2mins later they had equalised, I thought my night was made... What on earth happened? Im still crying in the corner... :cry
hey unlucky there mate, shit happens in betting sometimes though, head up btw :welcome to PL Yeboah -bloody good username of a legendary player ;)

hey unlucky there mate, shit happens in betting sometimes though, head up btw :welcome to PL Yeboah -bloody good username of a legendary player ;)
Yeboah Constrictor! Amazing player. I saw him score looooads of goals for (Super) Leeds! Incredible night tonight, I don't remember anything so strange as tonight's results in a long long time. Roll on Wednesday's games :\

oooh, just wait til we have the trolls turning up claiming they took an unirea, lyon, kazan treble lol
You joke about it but I actually had a hundred pound treble on Lyon, Unirea and Rubin Kazan to win. What a night for me! :loon :loon :loon Rangers stuffed me over nicely tonight. Had them in a double with Olympiakos. **** Walter Smith and **** his blue and white army. Bunch a nobs. notamused.gifnotamused.gifnotamused.gif

Re: Champions League » Oct 20/21

Lots of experienced punters around herre #P.L.# , and great stuff ... :ok For me , in this round of matches , sticks out first ... the price on Liverpool ! @ 1.7 ish - ??? :unsure hmmm... , No thanks !!! Liverpool aren`t at full burst , and Lyon aren`t muggs ! Is obviouse that the home advantage is a big factor , considering a Liverpool win , but in my eyes that gets evens with poor form of the Reds . I also think that the lose of Lyon on the home ground is misleading . This will be another kind of "fight" . Whit a good result here , Lyon are near the finish line of the groups ... after several misses in past years ! I think this is a good motivation for them , and I really believe that they can do the job , and upset Livp. here ! Imo , the fact that Livp. needs a victory right now , its not good enough to back them ! and also whitout Torres ... :zzz. If they werre so close of getting a win from this match , then the bookies will put out on the market something like 1.50 ish for the Reds ! ...and that hasn`t happened ... I`ll definitely take them to win against Lyon if ... the price was something like 1.90 ~ 2.10 ! if not ... Bye bye ! So ... Lay Liverpool , and take the price on x2 @1.95 ! ;) ----- And for fun , wile i`m watching the game i`ll take ... half-time/full-time X-2 @10 and 2-X @13
..... :dude ------ But I also lost last night ! ******* arsenals ... :puke

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 its was almost a perfect night for me, didnt get to post up my bet beforehand as i had to do it on an actual machine and not on my computer. Anyway had a nice accy of: barca v rubin, over 2.5 :clap stuttgart v sevilla, sevilla :clap olympiakos v stand, over 2.5:clap and then stupidly me replacing fiorentina match over 2.5 (covered in 10minutes) with az v arsenal over 2.5 :wall for a reason i will never understand, i was literaly saying in my head when going to the machine that it would be a low scoring game with arsenal scoring and then backing off not trying to concede or anything, but i just switched my mind at the end :wall:wall:wall anyway had $51 on it at 9.8/1 or something so was very dissapointed as i could have taken any other match besides arsenal one to pick overs for as they all went over.

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 So how do we all feel about backing Juventus, Porto and Chelsea tonight? Nice short odds.....Confident? Bankers, eh? :lol:lol One could argue that, statistically speaking, we got our share of shocks on Tuesday night. But, I wouldn't be so sure....:unsure First thoughts for Wednesday: Marseille is playing its CL chances tonight at Zurich. They are at least a click or two better in quality. Marseille is coming off an impressive away win against Nancy, but the pressure tonight is high and I'm not certain if they can handle it. Zurich is in the qualification mix after their win in Milan and they will have the home field advantage. Leaning towards Marseille, but... Bordeaux and Bayern is a big match where I don't think either team wants to lose. Draw likely... Real and Milan would both be ok with a draw and I think the match will reflect that in terms of tactics.

Sevilla look a decent bet tonight at evens against a poor Stuggart side. Stuggart will surely be worrying more about there current German league position. With Fabiano, Kanoute, Navas and Capel Sevilla will score goals and more than likely more than one. Yes they lost at the weekend away to Deportivo but on reflection should have had at least a point from that match after creating chance after chance in the second half of that match. Stuggart are out of form and will not cope well against a Sevilla side that is flying high in La liga. Sevilla club president has stated that club will go all out to secure 3 points tonight so that they can focus on La liga in the coming weeks. Sevilla -1 bet 365 3.10 :hope...........:clap Fabiano 5/4 anytime goal scorer:hope...........:( Sevilla come up trumps again and give me a few quid back after a weekend of woe.

A great day for those who "work" on the other side of this system :moon
Idd, lucky I still made a bit of profit thanks to my big sevilla bet. Unfortunately Olympiakos scored late in injury time and also AZ scored on the last seconds... could've won a lot but the last minute was the worst minute yesterday :wall

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Good night for me last night. Had just Lyon and Sevilla as singles, 1pt win for each but never had the time to post them up. Getting my thoughts in early today.... Real Madrid v AC Milan I haven't seen much of Madrid this season in all honesty but have watched Milan and have been very disappointed with their performances. They have an ageing squad and the recent additions do not seem to have gelled and the away trip to Madrid is a massive task for them. Not sure of the team news or line-up but Real should have too much quality for them and I can't see anything other than a comfortable home win. May have a wager in Ronaldo scoring at anytime (if he plays!). Verdict: Home win - 10pts Zurich v Marseille Good result for Zurich in Milan, which was a good result for me :ok, but as explained AC are not a massive force as in previous years. Although Zurich are a good side that play some nice football at times and are very organised, I feel as though an away win is on the cards here. Home support is an obvious advantage but Marseille should have enough to overcome this as they have a decent away record domestically! Verdict: Away win - 2pts Bordeaux v Bayern Munich Bayern Munich are a very string side this year and with a full strength side they can compete with almost any team. Bordeaux are no pushovers and will be very resiliant on their home patch in front if their fans. I can see this being a close game but Bayern should have enough to stay tight at the back and nick this one by the odd goal maybe. Verdict: Away win - 1pt

Rangers v Unirea Urziceni (Tuesday 7.45pm) If Rangers are to harbour any realistic hopes of qualifying for the knockout phase of the Champions League, then a victory in this match seems essential. With Stuttgart facing back-to-back matches with an in-form Sevilla, Rangers must believe that two wins against the weakest side in the group is a must. Rangers have been criticised so far this season for playing poorly, yet they still are top and unbeaten in the Scottish league. With a comfortable win required, I think that they can do this on a cold autumn night against inexperienced opponents at this level. Unirea also lost their last match [home to Vaslui] and as far as I am aware will not be taking any away fans to Glasgow [Rangers have allocated the "away" end to the Armed Forces]. Advice: Rangers -0.5,-1 at 2.1.
I give up! LOL :wall

Re: Champions League » Tuesday Oct 20 Cska Moscow v Man Utd Artificial Pitch No Rooney No Park No Evra No Fletcher No Berba or Vidic is also possible. Liverpool Game at weekend Long Trip to Russia These are a few things against Man Utd winning tonight. Man Utd are going to be alittle light, especially upfront. Will they risk playing Owen on a plastic pitch, I can see a few youngsters playing tonight. It will be interesting to see what team Fergie plays, but I can see them resting afew names. Man Utd are not desperate for 3 points, they have qualified from this group already as far as im concerned. They have Cska Moscow, and Besiktas visiting Old Trafford still to come which should be 6 points in the bag. All the Stars will be back for the Liverpool game at the weekend nice and rested. Im going to Lay Man Utd as I think they will be more than happy with a point and will be looking towards the Liverpool game. LAY MAN UTD..

Haha, probably my favourite player ever! I think he runs a chain of Hotels in Ghana now, last time I saw him play was at Lucas Radebe's Testimonial a few years ago, his ability was the EXACT OPPOSITE of Leo Messi now. Wasnt the same! Still a legend though!

Haha' date=' probably my favourite player ever! I think he runs a chain of Hotels in Ghana now, last time I saw him play was at Lucas Radebe's Testimonial a few years ago, his ability was the EXACT OPPOSITE of Leo Messi now. Wasnt the same! Still a legend though![/quote'] No more weah? :ok