** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anybody Interested In X Factor ???

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? On a similar note, Rachel is 39/1 at Betfair. Between that performance tonight (which I originally thought was a terrible song choice but is now looking completely inspired), and With or Without You last week in the sing-off, that's HUGE considering no-one's really standing out as particularly good.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? I think Joe's a cracking price at 9/2. Seems like a decent chap and the kid can sing and looks to be someone who will be consistently good rather than have peaks and troughs. I'd be very surprised if he isn't around when this competition goes into it's latter stages.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? i think racheals performance will see her escape the bottom 2 this week...the money is pouring on lyodd who is now 3/1...but im sticking with gut instinct that the twins will finally get into the bottom 2 in which case the judges will vote them out....sticking them in with man united,arsenal,man city and new england(handicap) just to keep the evening interesting.....good luck all....oh i find it far easier writting in capitals cos im extremly dyslexic and find it far easier and quicker thats all guys:drums

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ???

i think racheals performance will see her escape the bottom 2 this week...the money is pouring on lyodd who is now 3/1...but im sticking with gut instinct that the twins will finally get into the bottom 2 in which case the judges will vote them out....sticking them in with man united' date='arsenal,man city and new england(handicap) just to keep the evening interesting.....good luck all....[u']oh i find it far easier writting in capitals cos im extremly dyslexic and find it far easier and quicker thats all guys:drums
Pretty sure the forum has an auto edit for all caps posts mate :ok, hence your post has come up lowercase.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Miss Frank's rap was the worst 60 seconds or so in 'music' history and them being in the bottom 2 has restored my faith in the British public. Danyl should stay easily here but 4/1 might not be too bad value... depends if Danni and Cheryl gang up on him.

Early thoughts are Miss Frank to go may be worth a look. Rachel MIGHT benefit from the 'Alisha effect' which saw Alisha spring back for a couple of weeks in season 4 after being saved twice in a row. Big band week should suit her voice, whereas I can't see it helping MF at all. Would be very interested in 3/1 or above on MF.
Brilliantly, I made the right call 7 days ago, and promptly changed my mind. :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall They were about 8/1 on bloody Betfair at one point as well yesterday!! :'(

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Lloyd to go next week @ 3/1 Boylesports has to be the bet for me. I'm guessing that the twins have got either 2 or 3 more weeks left in them - can't see it being more than that but I'd guess they'll just about survive next Saturday. I seriously think Rachel has got a decent chance of making the final as her last two performances have been excellent. Next week looks like being rock week - not sure that's been confirmed but the presence of Bon Jovi would seem to point to that - and I can't see Lloyd rocking out too much. It'll give the twins an opportunity to do something spectacular - I wouldn't be surprised if they go for glam and maybe do Crazy Crazy Nights in KISS make up, or something like that. Right song for Rachel could really push her up in people's estimation. Jamie is the obvious one who it should benefit hugely, with Danyl another one who could do well. Lots of money available for Jamie at 9.6 or so on Betfair and that's way too high for me. 3 points Lloyd to go @ 4.00 Boylesports 2 points Jamie to win @ 9.6 Betfair

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Today's Bettingzone Market News: 0845: Danyl Johnson has drifted to 9/2 to win the X Factor after he was surprisingly left at the mercy of the judges - and eventually the public vote - after being left in the bottom two on Sunday night. No winner has ever finished in the bottom two before going on to win the show, so it is somewhat surprising he is still so prominent in the market. New favourite is Joe McElderry, 7/2 generally and 11/4 with Sky Bet. Olly Murs continues to gain popularity and he is now into 9/2 with a host of layers while Welsh singer Lucie Jones has been cut to 5/1 from 8s. Stacey Soloman remains an 11/2 chance while Jamie Archer is still 8/1 after the weekend. Lloyd, Rachel and John And Edward are the outsiders at 33/1 and upwards and the three acts are battling for favouritism in the next elimination market. Rachel is favourite to go next at 6/4, John And Edward are 15/8 and Lloyd is 3/1. Danyl is a 16/1 chance to go next - he was 150/1 to be eliminated before he found himself in the bottom two at the weekend.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Rumoured song choices - as always, treat with care! Lucie Jones - Sweet Child O’Mine Stacey Solomon - Somewhere Only We Know Olly Murs - Come Together. Lloyd Daniels - I Kissed A Girl. Jedward - We Will Rock You (5ive version!) Below two DEFINITELY need to be treated with caution. Danyl Johnson - Careless Whisper Jamie Archer - Living On A Prayer Nothing on Joe or Rachel yet. Thoughts for the week: To win - Jamie @ 10.5 and Rachel at 38 are insanely overpriced for me. There are claims that Rachel got the highest vote last week - although no idea how reliable they are - and I think she's had two of the standout performances of the series with With or Without You and Proud Mary. Jamie has a great voice, stage presence, and is far more recognisable than most of the others. If he DOES get Bon Jovi, he should nail it. To go - Lloyd at 4.5 or so screams value to me - no real personality, splits the vote with the other young boys, and a terrible song choice if the above is true. All odds Betfair.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? These are probably right. Danyl - Careless Whisper (Seether version) Olly - Come Together (Aerosmith version) Jamie - Like A Prayer ( Rock version) - This is the dubious one, MIGHT be Living on a Prayer. John and Edward - We Will Rock You (Five version) Stacey - Somewhere Only We Know ( Natasha Bedingfield version of Keane song) Lucie - Sweet Child Of Mine (Guns N Roses) Rachel - One (Adam Lambert version) Joe - Dont Stop Believing (Journey) Lloyd - I Kissed A Girl (Rock version) Haven't changed my opinions much from the earlier post.

Missed it due to being out, just caught it on Sky+. Lloyd HAS to be screwed,surely?! Lucie's finally won me over after an awesome Sweet Child O' Mine... tempted by her at 8 on Betfair to win.
Yes, Lucie has impressed me since Day 1. She can only improve IMO, and is one of the leading players.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Rewatched it (family watching it and couldn't find the energy to move anywhere!) and still think Lloyd is a great bet to go. However, also think Danyl and Jamie may be value. Danyl is 7/1 at Boylesports according to oddschecker - don't have an account there but would be on that if I did. Jamie is 10/1 at WillHill, Boylesports and Stan James and has tempted me to risk a small bet on him after a fairly karaoke performance yesterday.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? I can't back anyone to go at this stage. It has been nothing more than a farce this season. Not just the fact that we have Bill and Ben still in, but Rachel was chronic in weeks 1 & 2, should have gone, somehow stayed. Lloyd was chronic, no worse than chronic last week. Wasn't even in the bottom two. :eek The voting public seems to have evolved over the years, making what was once a singing contest into a voting to piss off the judges contest.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? In a rush so no comments (apart from **** OFF SIMON!!!!) but these appear to be this week's song choices, apart from Lucie and Lloyd who I don't know about. John and Edward – Ghostbusters by Ray Parker from the film Ghostbusters Danyl Johnson – Purple Rain by Prince from the film Purple Rain Stacey Soloman – Son Of A Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield from the film Pulp Fiction Olly Murs – Twist and Shout written by Phil Medley and Bert Russell from the film Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Jamie Archer – Unchained Melody by Alex North from the film Unchained Joe McElderry – Circle Of Life by Elton John and Tim Rice from the film The Lion King

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? ITV.com have this list: MOVIE WEEK Stacey Mad World - Donnie Darko Download from iTunes | Lucie This Is Me - Camp Rock Download from iTunes | Joe Circle Of Life - Elton John (From The Lion King) Download from iTunes | Lloyd Footloose - Footloose Download from iTunes | Danyl Purple Rain - Purple Rain Download from iTunes | Jamie Unchained Melody - Download from iTunes | Olly Twist And Shout - Download from iTunes | John and Edward Ghostbusters Theme - Ghostbusters Download from iTunes | Not sure if it's 100% accurate, there's reports that Dannii has denied Stacey's song choice via Twitter.