** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anybody Interested In X Factor ???

DONT KNOW IF ANYBODYS BEEN WATCHING THE PROGRAMME AT ALL,BUT THE ESSEX BOY CALLED OLLY MURS SET THE STAGE ALIGHT A FEW WEEKS BACK...TO SUCH AN EXTENT HE HAD OLD SIMON COWEL SAYING .."I REALY LIKE YOU,YOUR VERY VERY VERY COOL:dude"..AND HE WAS RIGHT...THE KID DEFINATLY HAD THE X FACTOR...HE WAS 7/1 LAST WEEK BUT IVE NOTICED HES INTO 6/1 WITH BET365 NOW....I USED TO MANAGE AN INDIE BAND BACK IN THE DAY,NEARLY GOT EM SIGNED UP AS WELL,BUT THE PREASURE GOT TO BIG FOR THE KIDS AND THEY SPLITT...THATS WHY I MAKE ME MONEY GAMBLING NOW LOL....BUT IM DEFINATLY GONNA HAVE A NIBBLE,IF ANYONES SEEN MORE THAN 6/1 LET ME KNOW...CHEERS

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Just Been Speaking To Me Sister Whose Little Boy Nick Goes To The Drama School And Is Taught By No-other Than Danyl Johnson The 7/2 Favourite...apperently,hes Already Been Picked To Go To Simon Cowels House Who Is His Mentor...and Apperently Made It To The Final As A Lot Of This Had Already Been Filmed....if This Is True Or Not I Realy Dont Know..but I Guess You,ll Get A Run For Your Money With Him...lol

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Today's Bettingzone Market News: 1420: Coral bookmakers have slashed the price of Simon Cowell to be the X-Factor winning manager to 6/5 (from 6/4) after it was revealed that the TV guru will be mentoring the favoured Over 25 group of contestants. Cowell will take charge of one of the strongest group of performers in X-Factor history, which, along with favourite Daryl Johnson, includes third and fifth favourites, Olly Murs and Jamie Archer. Dannii has been cut 7/4 (from 2/1) with the Girls, while Cheryl and Louis have drifted to 7/2 and 10/1 after drawing the Boys and the Groups respectively.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Today's Bettingzone Market News: 1335: Teacher Danyl Johnson is the 7/2 betting favourite with Coral bookmakers to win the latest X-Factor although he faces some significant competition from the rest. And despite it being the best and most competitive series so far, he has been the favourite with Coral since week one, and still looks the one to beat. "It really is very competitive this year and the betting is the most open it has been in any of the previous years and although Danyl is holding firm at the head of the market, the majority of cash has gone elsewhere," said spokesman Gary Burton. "Most interestingly it is on a couple of outsiders this week, Daniel Pearce (20/1 from 33/1) and Nicole Lawrence 40/1 from 80/1). "We are looking forward to an exciting next few weeks." Welsh songstress Lucie Jones is next in the betting at 9/2 ahead of Essex stars Olly Murs and Stacy Soloman at 5/1. Simon Cowell with the Over 25s is the hot favourite to take the Managers crown at 6/5.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Today's Bettingzone Market News; 1125: Bookies William Hill say they are in shock today as John and Edward are no longer favourites to be the first act voted off the X Factor. The pair have drifted to 15/8 with Hills and Sky Bet, who both have group Kandy Rain as their 7/4 market leaders to go first. "Amazingly the twins seem to have attracted a cult following and they could be this year's Same Difference," Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams. Lucie Jones is the 10/3 favourite with Hills for outright glory but Jamie Archer is the biggest early mover and in from 8/1 to 5/1. =========== Not surprised as the NOTW have done a right job on Vicky Lloyd and the producers will probably be wanting to get rid of Kandy Rain as soon as possible (see last year's Bad Lashes).

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Robbie Williams guesting tonight, apparently his songs being sung. Claim on DS that John and Edward are doing Rock DJ and Lucie has Angels. Can't see Rock DJ flattering ANYBODY, and John and Edward are so annoying they could crash out at the first hurdle. Trying to get some verification of song choices before going in, but first thoughts are that them to go looks good.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ???

Can't see Rock DJ flattering ANYBODY, and John and Edward are so annoying they could crash out at the first hurdle.
I think there's a couple of shows in them at least mate, agreed they are pair of cretins and annoying as hell, and Cowell hates them with a passion and he'll lay into them at the first opportunity. I think they'll get enough votes from a certain section of the public to keep them in for a bit and we all know that the worst acts rarely goes out first, so i'm even tempted to lay them at about 2.3 for a bottom two finish this week.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? From DS... I trust them as being fairly certainly right, but please use caution! It's apparently Robbie + others week, as 12 Robbie songs would have been a REAL push. Rachel - Let Me Entertain You Stacey - The Scientist Lucie - Footprints In The Sand John and some Edward - Rock DJ Miss Frank - Who's Loving You Kandy Rain - Addicted To Love Lloyd - Cry Me A River Rikki - Back To Black Joe - No Regrets (probably, seems to be some dispute) Olly - She's The One Danyl - And I'm Telling You (I'm Not Going) Jamie - Get It On Actually thinking the problems there may lie with Kandy Rain - strippers aren't the easiest of sells to the Great British Public anyway, and while I like the song, can't see it suiting them. Appreciate BA's comment about worst acts not usually going out first, but still not liking John and Edward's choice. Rachel's Let Me Entertain You is a terrible choice as well, and I'm not keen on Lucie (Footprints in the Sand) or Danyl (And I'm Telling You) - they're both safe as houses but should drift at least slightly IMO. If you're planning on backing them wait until after the performance. I'm expecting Stacey's The Scientist to be the performance of the night and am on her to win at 6.2 - would be surprised if anything over 5.5 was available at the end of the night. Also on Rachel to go, with a view to laying off. All Betfair. 2 points Stacey to win @ 6.2 2 points Rachel to go @ 12 4 points Kandy Rain to go @ 2.8

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Order listed on itv.com is as follows. 1. Rachel 2. Joe 3. Danyl 4. John and Edward 5. Stacey 6. Rikki 7. Olly 8. Miss Frank 9. Lucie 10. Lloyd 11. Jamie 12. Kandy Rain Since Rachel kicked off, that may well be the running order. KR going last may save them...

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? For anyone still betting on tonight's elimination, be aware that Louis may not be at the show - apparently flew to be with the rest of Boyzone after hearing of Stephen Gately's death, people seem unsure whether he'll be back. Presumably they'd either go to 3 judges or have Sinitta (at a guess) sub.

2 points Rachel to go @ 12 4 points Kandy Rain to go @ 2.8
Seriously happy here, picking both the bottom two, even though I DID lay off Rachel last night as previously mentioned. Still, great start. Next week is Diva week - don't think I'll get involved this early, but Rachel to WIN is currently 34 on Betfair - I think that's much too high, and an overreaction to her bottom two place after a terrible song choice this week. Diva week should suit her much more and can see her odds going down fairly quickly - possibly worth backing to lay for a free bet, although after last night's performances Danyl and Lucie look light years ahead of everyone else to me.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Hi i've been reading this forum since 2 months and I finally decided to participate :D I'll be posting my opinions on Tennis,Football,NHL, MLB and NBA too :okjust a warning: I don't bet in real life so I may take some risks that i would never take with real money... for next saturday I'd bet on Rikki Loney @5/2 on bet365 to go.It's diva week and I'm sure he's going to deliver a terrible performance ...The same could be said about John and Edward but I think they have a large "hidden" fanbase (we always have some contestants who stay for a long time although we don't know who votes for them :lol ) Rikki and the twins are the only possible options for me this week so the pick: next elimination: Rikki Loney @5/2 bet365 another bets for me (without reasoning): Lucie Jones the last to stay in girls group @1/1 bet365 Joe McElderry to win outright @11/2 bet365 (shocked to see this price everything goes in his favour, some people can find Danyl arrogant, Lucie has something annoying but i don't know how to describe it in English :tongue2 , and Stacey Solomon hasn't impressed me since her first audition what makes me think "Over the rainbow" was just a perfect song for her and she could struggle a lot in coming weeks+annoying interviews.Concerning Joe I just can't find anything going against him at 11/2 it's certainly worth a try! last bet (logical if Joe wins): Cheryl Cole the winning manager @4/1 That's it I hope my english isn't too bad (I'm Moroccan :tongue2 ) and I hope you will take my opinions seriously even if I don't bet :ok

Hi i've been reading this forum since 2 months and I finally decided to participate :D I'll be posting my opinions on Tennis,Football,NHL, MLB and NBA too :okjust a warning: I don't bet in real life so I may take some risks that i would never take with real money... for next saturday I'd bet on Rikki Loney @5/2 on bet365 to go.It's diva week and I'm sure he's going to deliver a terrible performance ...The same could be said about John and Edward but I think they have a large "hidden" fanbase (we always have some contestants who stay for a long time although we don't know who votes for them :lol ) Rikki and the twins are the only possible options for me this week so the pick: next elimination: Rikki Loney @5/2 bet365 another bets for me (without reasoning): Lucie Jones the last to stay in girls group @1/1 bet365 Joe McElderry to win outright @11/2 bet365 (shocked to see this price everything goes in his favour, some people can find Danyl arrogant, Lucie has something annoying but i don't know how to describe it in English :tongue2 , and Stacey Solomon hasn't impressed me since her first audition what makes me think "Over the rainbow" was just a perfect song for her and she could struggle a lot in coming weeks+annoying interviews.Concerning Joe I just can't find anything going against him at 11/2 it's certainly worth a try! last bet (logical if Joe wins): Cheryl Cole the winning manager @4/1 That's it I hope my english isn't too bad (I'm Moroccan :tongue2 ) and I hope you will take my opinions seriously even if I don't bet :ok
:welcome to PL. Great 1st post :ok.

for next saturday I'd bet on Rikki Loney @5/2 on bet365 to go.It's diva week and I'm sure he's going to deliver a terrible performance ...The same could be said about John and Edward but I think they have a large "hidden" fanbase (we always have some contestants who stay for a long time although we don't know who votes for them :lol ) Rikki and the twins are the only possible options for me this week so the pick: next elimination: Rikki Loney @5/2 bet365
Great first post! Agree with most of your thoughts, particularly the above bit. Am having real problems finding much on song choices atm... will post later if I can find anything.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Digital Spy claim the following choices. Should be reliable but be careful as ever... Rachel will be singing If I Were A Boy by Beyonce Stacey will be singing At Last by Beyonce Lucie will be singing How Will I Know by Whitney Houston Boys Joe will be singing Where Do Broken Hearts Go by Whitney Houston Rikki will be singing R.E.S.P.E.C.T by Aretha Franklin Lloyd will be singing Bleeding Love by former X Factor winner Leona Lewis Over 25s Danyl will be singing I Didn’t Know My Own Strength by Whitney Houston Jamie will be singing Hurt by Christina Aguilera Olly will be singing Fool in love by Tamyra Gray The Groups John and Edward will be singing Oops I Did It Again by Britney Spears Miss Frank will be singing All The Man That I Need by Whitney Houston

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? I must say, the weekly categories for the final are woeful. Another mix of boring songs tonight, last year was the same. Michael Jackson week? What the f*ck was that about? After Joe and Edward the least talented (by a mile) is Lloyd. I actually rate Rikki, his sudden downward spiral in the better is solely down to Simon's comments last week. Jon and Edward will probably continue to progress as the British public is pathetic and will think it's funny to prove Simon wrong. See Chico/McDonald Brothers. Ignoring those two clowns, Rachel and Llyod are the worst singers, neither should have made the final 12.

Re: Anybody Interested In X Factor ??? Forgot to say earlier, got on Rikki to go @ 3 (Betfair) Tempted by Lucie to win atm. That was DREADFUL but she should still be easily safe this week and she's one of the best singers in there when she gets stuff to suit her. Agree with BTP about these bloody awful theme weeks. She's 7.4 atm...