** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Poker Mags

ben5991

Re: Poker Mags

Sky poker has a £11.99 deal for 12 issues too Signed up on Saturday and received a receipt for my payment (automatically came up with paypal as the available option) but not had a confirmation email from WPT Mag or their subscription dept.
I signed up on 20th March - got the receipt' date=' but no confirmation - havent received anything - chased it up on 11th May and still not heard anything :unsure[/quote'] I was thinking of signing up but having second thoughts now.

guys, If you've signed up but not heard back, PM me and i'll see when your first issue is due. You may not receive a confirmation when you subscribe but it doesn't mean your subscription hasn't been processed.
Do you work for WPT mag?? Are the offers still available??

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Poker Mags Not fair - you signed up 2 months after me and I'm still waiting for my first issue :cry :cry :cry Swampster checked for me and everything is ok - so hopefully get my first issue tomorrow :unsure But 3 months between sign up and first issue? :loon (assuming it arrives!!)

• 11 months later...

Re: Poker Mags I’ve never read WPT mag before, is it better than pokerplayer? And, if so, in what ways? I’m looking for unbiased answers please.. My pokerplayer subscription is up for renewal, so I'm just deciding whether to re-subscribe or cancel and subscribe to WPT mag instead. I only want to subscribe to one of them because I don’t have the time or desire to read both. PP is £10 for 24 issues and WPT mag is £13 for 12 issues. I like PP so I’ll stick with it unless there is good reason to switch.

Re: Poker Mags Obviously i'm biased but WPT Poker is the only mag you need. PL has a special subs offer also (check my link). Coming up in the next month or so we're giving away a $20,000 package to next year's PCA. On top of that we have virtually a freeroll every issue offering seats to Unibet Opens, GUKPTs and more. In our special issue this month we have space for an 11-page Vegas Insiders' Guide with all the tips on where to play, where to stay and how to survive Sin City. You won't get as in-depth a guide in any other poker mag around at the moment. If strategy is your thing, we now have up to 18 pages of top strategy, sectioned into Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced, and somehow we still have room to fit in fun, interesting features, interviews, tournament reports and competitions.

Re: Poker Mags (I'm the editor of PokerPlayer so take this with that in mind) For what it's worth I think WPT is a good magazine, but there is a reason PokerPlayer is the most popular poker mag in the UK. I'd like to think we have the best mix of features, news, competitions and most importantly strategy around. And we work hard to make sure there is something for everyone at every level. We frequently have more than one added value competition (a mix of freerolls and buy-ins) in each issue as you know and the Grand Prix 7 starts again next month, which surely you don't want to miss? :ok Plus we're cheaper! :loon Anyway enough advertising, and sorry for derailing the thread. Whichever way you decide to go, thanks for supporting PP over the years and good luck at the tables. Cheers Alun

Obviously i'm biased but WPT Poker is the only mag you need. PL has a special subs offer also (check my link). Coming up in the next month or so we're giving away a $20,000 package to next year's PCA. On top of that we have virtually a freeroll every issue offering seats to Unibet Opens, GUKPTs and more. In our special issue this month we have space for an 11-page Vegas Insiders' Guide with all the tips on where to play, where to stay and how to survive Sin City. You won't get as in-depth a guide in any other poker mag around at the moment. If strategy is your thing, we now have up to 18 pages of top strategy, sectioned into Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced, and somehow we still have room to fit in fun, interesting features, interviews, tournament reports and competitions.
(I'm the editor of PokerPlayer so take this with that in mind) For what it's worth I think WPT is a good magazine, but there is a reason PokerPlayer is the most popular poker mag in the UK. I'd like to think we have the best mix of features, news, competitions and most importantly strategy around. And we work hard to make sure there is something for everyone at every level. We frequently have more than one added value competition (a mix of freerolls and buy-ins) in each issue as you know and the Grand Prix 7 starts again next month, which surely you don't want to miss? :ok Plus we're cheaper! :loon Anyway enough advertising, and sorry for derailing the thread. Whichever way you decide to go, thanks for supporting PP over the years and good luck at the tables. Cheers Alun
Only one way to settle it imo... Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Hahaha! :clap You see I like PokerPlayer, and I like WPT...
There is a genuine camaraderie among mags so i concur, PP and WPT are the only mags you need to bother with (and in a few months' time, probably the only mags you CAN find). One point to mention that ALun and I will probably agree on - don't buy Bluff Europe :tongue2 Oh, and if you like girls, pick up the next issue of WPT poker :)

In my opinion' date=' for what it's worth, there doesn't need to be a choice. Subscribe to both for no more than £2/month total[/quote'] This :ok I dont read the mags anywhere near as much as I used to - some months I might not even open them - but its good for them to be there for when I do want a browse. At less than £2 per month you cannot go wrong with having both :ok I suppose its because I refuse to pay £1.20 for a loaf of bread, that I dont mind spending that little bit extra on those little things like supplementary poker mags :tongue2

Thanks for the replies, chaps. GaF, I’m sure I’ve missed something here, but surely you don’t eat ‘bread’ similar to what’s in your avatar? There’s a difference between proper bread and economy crap.
:clap About a quid's worth!!

GaF' date=' I’m sure I’ve missed something here, [/quote'] This is the thread that explains all: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) ) I dont eat the bread in my avatar, no - but that is what you can buy a loaf of bread for ;) But neither would I pay £1.20 for a loaf of bread. I probably typically spend about 80p on an 800g wholemeal loaf. You wouldnt believe how much Alun pays for a Kit Kat Crunchy though ..... :tongue2