** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Poker Mags

ben5991

• 2 months later...

Re: Poker Mags As an OT I didn't realise that Inside Poker finishes it's last ever issue this month and thus there'll be no more issues. Always liked it and have been a subscriber ever since issue one when it was originally Inside Edge. Tough market the magazine industry and Dennis Publishing in the UK has got rid of various titles over the last year most notably Maxim.

Re: Poker Mags

As an OT I didn't realise that Inside Poker finishes it's last ever issue this month and thus there'll be no more issues. Always liked it and have been a subscriber ever since issue one when it was originally Inside Edge. Tough market the magazine industry and Dennis Publishing in the UK has got rid of various titles over the last year most notably Maxim.
Wow where did you hear this? This is deffo the best UK read and Im also a subscriber. Was a subscriber to Flush mag as well before that bit the dust. :\

Re: Poker Mags Got mail through Post today - saying I can transfer my current Inside Poker Subscription to Poker Player Magazine, or get the outstanding money refunded. As I've just signed up until 2011 to PP I'll get the refund. Apart from the loss of a great magazine, - although I think quite a few of the regs. on here questioned the ability for one publisher to warrant two Poker Mags when it first moved over from Inside Edge - I'm more saddened that a genuinely honest hardworking bloke such as Alun (Bowden) may now be out of a job. :sad He treated myself, WASP and Teaulc excellently when we won our Vegas Trip's thorough IP and even coughed up his own Money to buy me into the event, after it transpired I couldn't pay on Credit Card. (Although he did also promise he'd also wangle me lunch with Vicky Coren at the Wyatt ;) - but I think that was just an added incentive to get me to do well in my Tourney:D) If you looked up the definition of 'Journalist' in a dictionary, I'm pretty certain the words 'genuine' and 'honest' wouldn't appear in the definition. But if you look up the name Alun Bowden on wikipedia* they would :ok *(or in the abscence of a wikipedia entry, ask for a copy of his school report)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Poker Mags I phoned and requested a refund on the remainder of my sub because I already subscribe to PP on the 25/11. They were going to refund my card until I explained to them it had expired, so they said they would send a cheque. I rang again on 8/12 and they said it could take 2 weeks. I'm still waiting, has anyone else got a refund? I'm not too bothered because I was only paying about 60p per issue but sometimes it's the principle.

• 1 month later...

Re: Poker Mags OT but this does link ----> http://www.wptmag.co.uk/renew work? My subscription's expired but I''ll renew it by all means as £14.99 for 13 issues sounds like a right bargain as the offer on the website's is £27.99. http://www.wptmag.co.uk/ I'm not a member of APAT but I suppose I should be if only for this but I've no idea if it's still on offer for £11.99. http://www.wptmag.co.uk/APAT.php

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a member of APAT but I suppose I should be if only for this but I've no idea if it's still on offer for £11.99. http://www.wptmag.co.uk/APAT.php
I clicked on the above link on 16/02/2010 and paid for my subscription by paypal but I have heard nothing since, not even a welcome email, all I have is the paypal receipt:
----------------------------------- Purchase Details ----------------------------------- Description: WPT Poker Magazine APAT SPECIAL UK Subscription Unit price: 11.99 GBP Qty: 1 Amount: 11.99 GBP Subtotal : 11.99 GBP Total: 11.99 GBP Payment: 11.99 GBP Payment sent to: [email protected]
Can anyone from the mag get in touch with me, either here in this thread or by PM? I googled the email address and it doesn't look too legit to me, at least not a WPT email address. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Signed up on Saturday and received a receipt for my payment
I signed up on 20th March - got the receipt, but no confirmation - havent received anything - chased it up on 11th May and still not heard anything :unsure