** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Juventus - Bordeaux under 2.5 @ 1.75 (pinnacle) Juventus lead the Serie A while Bordeaux lead the Lique 1 as both teams are not only undefeated but their defences have been pretty solid. Juve are without Diego which is a pretty big loss for them while Bordeaux have not won in 7 attempts on Italian soil, so they do not instil much confidence in them even though they have started well in their league. Both teams likely to play it conservative so go for the under Bayern Munich -1.5 @ 2.28 (pinnacle) Hard not to be impressesd with Bayern's recent form where they beat defending champions Wolfsburg 3-0 and then followed that up with a 5-1 win at Borussia Dortmund on Saturday. Look to Robben and Ribery to tear it up on the flanks as Haifa look outclassed in this game. Not impresses with Haifa who lead their table but have beaten the the bottom sides to be there but conceded goals in the process. Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.56 (pinnacle) Though Man Utd are likely to rest some of their players due to their derby game with City on the weekend coming up, they have enough depth and quality to beat Besiktas. Defensively they are very strong while their midfielders and strikers hould be able to take advantage of the Turks who allowed 3 goals to Galatasaray on the weekend and are struggling to gain any confidence in their game Wolfsburg - CSKA Moscow over 2.5 @ 1.79 (pinnacle) Wolfsburg by their nature are an attacking team and will go out to get the 3 points at home. While they have the ability to score they are prone to defensive errors and do concede, and expecting CSKA to get a goal. They are in the middle of their season so they will definately be fitter than their opponents. Not confident in either teams ability to keep a cleans sheet and see goals in this game Real Madrid -1.5 @ 1.78 (pinnacle) While Zurich will probably look to defend for the entire game here, when you face the likes of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema and Raul for 90 minutes, very unlikely they can stop them from scoring. Huge mismatch here Chelsea -1 (AH) @ 1.83 (pinnacle) While Chelsea are missing Drogba for this game then Anelka should step up to lead the front line. With Lampard and Ballack in very good form behind him and the backs as solid as ever, like the look of this Chelsea side to continue on their winning way.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Got to admit cosmicjoker you got me thinking about the betting for tomorrow night, I mean I expect everyone on here expects Liverpool to win by a clear couple of goals tomorrow night and I expect them to really go for it as this is prob the one match they can guarentee 3 points if they play anywhere near their potential.. In terms of betting though what is there available? -1.5 AH at 1.24!? Who in their right mind would play that at those odds! -2.5 is 1.9ish but thats a hell of an ask to win by three clear goals..for me particularly in a Liverpool match where their goals, by and large, come from Torres and Gerrard, an anytime scorer bet is the way to go..you can get Torres for 1.6ish and Gerrard is still available at evens! No way can I see Liverpool not winning but equally I cant see Torres not scoring if they do win.. Its about the same odds wise for -2,-2.5 AH and Torres anytime..for me it would be a goalscorer bet match, which I wouldnt normally do, but I think there is definately an argument for it in this match..down to personal preference I guess..;)

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Is Martins that bad?
Nothing to do with Martins being bad, but Dzeko and Grafite are more useful if they have a 4 guy midfield behind them and not another space eating striker... To understand this decision perfectly I would need to tell you the idea behind the system and the way Wolfsburg had success in last year, but that would too much time and the short explanation above should be sufficiant. :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Besiktas - Manchester 2 Maccabi - Bayern 2 @1.96 4/10 Both teams are good and huge favourites and the "ususally-1st-leg-surprizes" won't be at these matches. I think there are several matches to see some interesting results such as: Wolfsburg - CSKA X2 @1.95 4/10 Russians are a good team, they are able to create surprizes, and let's be honest. Wolfsburg in this moral shape and form won't win more than 4 ot of 10 so we have a great value here. Juventus - Bordeaux X2 @2.15 4/10 On the long run we might have a value here. Bordeaux is NOT a bad team actually they are one of the best in-form teams at the moment in europe. they got a full squad, no injuries no asents, they are motivated, and they are definately able to do some damage in Delle Alpi. On the other hand we have Juventus, WITHOUT Diego, Ferrara will probably play with Giovinco who is a talent but definately NOT an experienced palyer. they also miss Alessandro Del Piero (thigh), Zdeněk Grygera (knee), Mohamed Sissoko (foot), Hasan Salihamidžić (ankle, knee) and the suspended Giorgio Chiellini. Todays If 2 of these 3 tickets works u are in plus, not to mention the two value bets. I really don't think that they both will be lost. Success to you all!

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Oh oh oh. Vagner Love -- bla. Do you know how many goals Love scored this season???I'll tell you - only 3 (one from PK)!! This year He's just shadow of last year nightmare. He wasn't important at all(that's why he's in Brazil now), forget about Love. Cska rented Guilherme from Dinamo Kyev, by the way that guy is a big young talent and by the way, he was bought for 14mln euro A few days ago I was going back Wolf here, only because of Zico.. amazing poor and crazy coach. But after Cska took Ramos - totally different situation. This guy knows his job, he showed in in last game vs KS. After awful 1 half, he understood that Dani Carvalho is just fat ass now. He kick out Carvalho on bench and put Guilherme on field. Guilherme scored 2 goal and Cska won 3-0 izi. Cska has huge European experience, don't forget that almost the same team won Uefa Cup, and crushed every team last year in UeCup with Gazaev, and lost Dinamo Bucharest or Shakhtar Donetsk ONLY because of Zico "talant". Also don't forget that ALL defense line consist of Russian NT players. I watched a few Wolf game this year and imo their defense is FULL of holes, imo Cska can score at least one and hold at least draw here. main bet +0.5 for me and a few small bets both to score and 1-1 correct score Gl to all

Got to admit cosmicjoker you got me thinking about the betting for tomorrow night I totally agree. I am fairly sure the Reds will win at a stroll, but it could be "one of those nights" and they might end up scraping a 1-0 late on. I won't be going anywhere near this one from a betting point of view.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September double: Real Madrid & Bayer Munchen 1,95 Ladbrokes 3 units (flat) Zurich have 4 injured players so they will not play. Coach of Zurich said that this spectacle will be for our supporters. We do not have any illusion, for us is Champions league adventure. Real Madrid do not have any major injuries. Maccabi have very young team and 4 players are injured. Coach of Maccabi said: Enjoy every minute of this game. For us the Champions League is a dream. We have nothing to lose, we do not have no pressure, because we have so far created more than we planned. Bayern have out just Demichelis, Klose and van Bommel, but they have very good replacement for them.

Besiktas won 2 lost 1 in their last Champions League campaign in 07/08, including a 2-1 win over Liverpool. They're a strong team at home and have won 8 of their last 12 home games. Manchester United, despite good results against Spurs and Arsenal, havn't been performing brilliantly. Without Ronaldo they lack that spark of brilliance in the final third and rely a lot of the time on Rooney to win the game. If Benfica can keep a hold of him, United will struggle to break down the turks. I think a lot of people are being naive with their valuation of Man Utd and I think the value is in Benfica. Besiktas +1 (AH) @ 1.98 (Bet365)
Sorry but where united will miss ratface is in games vs the small teams in which he used to go on a orgy and score loads to pimp his goal count. In matches against good teams such as (especially) Arsenal and even Spurs, he bever used to do anything. Relying more in Rooney is better since he's has better football intelligence than ratface who just gave up when things didn't go his way and started to complain and moan. Without ratface the goal burden has shifted to rooney who now has 4 from 4 games. Rooney can work space, drop off and defenders have a nigthmare marking him. Besiktas are strong at home but are playing so poorly right now i'm not sure if this will matter or even fase a experienced United side. United to win! prices average at about 1.50 (various)

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September If Owen starts I think he will have a field day. 5 bucks on a Owen Hatrick @ 41-1. Just a gut feeling really, but if provided with the adequate service in this game can put away many chances, ala Munich. I watched Besistas play once this season and they were so bad !!

As I posted last night' date=' every year the crap teams do better than people expect, especially in round one of group play. Last year no one expected anything of Cluj, Aalborg, Kyiv...and look what happened. There is no pressure on a top team playing at home in the first game, and the dogs know they need to chase down every ball in every game. Managers of top teams may say they want to start strong in the group, but deep down they feel they can hold out some of their starters against Cluj or Aalborg, because they'll win anyway. Look at Man Utd...they only managed two wins in group play, and ended up in the final match. The difference between the quality of the teams is simply not that great to justify these massive handicaps, and the motivation is with the dogs.[/quote'] I'm not really sure how you've put Dynamo Kiev in there as they're in the Champions League every year and are a tough side to play, particularly in Ukraine.

Im sorry' date=' but you are clueless, Juventus which had a mediocre team at most, almost knocked out Chelsea in the quarters last year, Juventus also had an injured squad. Saying that they havent been in CL makes me wonder how clueless you are, 1.50 against Bordeaux is a banker, I already put 1000 euro on Juventus + Bayern to win their first games, thats how confident I am.[/quote'] You really think Juve is a banker? Italian sides have been behind other leagues in Europe for some time now and if I'm honest, I think the French league is actually now better the Italian league. Bordeaux are no mugs - good manager, good squad. Juve rely on Diego like AC Milan did with Kaka and they're without him tonight. Juve may well win this game - Turin is never easy - but I would never, ever list this as a "banker". In fact, I'm more tempted to lay Juve at 7/5 having watched Bordeaux lately. Good luck!

Sorry but where united will miss ratface is in games vs the small teams in which he used to go on a orgy and score loads to pimp his goal count. In matches against good teams such as (especially) Arsenal and even Spurs, he bever used to do anything. Relying more in Rooney is better since he's has better football intelligence than ratface who just gave up when things didn't go his way and started to complain and moan. Without ratface the goal burden has shifted to rooney who now has 4 from 4 games. Rooney can work space, drop off and defenders have a nigthmare marking him. Besiktas are strong at home but are playing so poorly right now i'm not sure if this will matter or even fase a experienced United side. United to win! prices average at about 1.50 (various)
Haha "ratface" never did anything in big games? That's funny - he scored two goals at the Emirates last season in the Champs League Semi Final, one of which was from at least 35 yards, and scored against Chelsea in the Champs League Final 07/08. You may dislike the guy - fair enough, most people do - but to deny his talent is beyond stupid. United will miss him in away games in Europe 'cause he bailed us out a few times on the road. Good luck!

Initially' date=' [b']Wolfsburg v CSKA Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 screams out at me. About 90% of Wolfsburg's home fixtures have had more than 2 goals in them last season. This year won't be too different. They concede a lot and are capable of scoring 5 past anyone on their day. CSKA are priced up as massive underdogs, which I can't see why? After all, they did get further than Wolfsburg last year in the UEFA Cup last year.
Along with Wolfsburg over 2.5 goals, I'm also going for a tentative selection. FC Zurich V Real Madrid UNDER 2.5 goals @ 3.05. This is a tentative selection. I think the odds for under 2.5 goals here are crazy. Everyone expects there to be a goalfest and Madrid to win 17-0, but here I'm playing on the surprise factor of FC Zurich. Madrid will want the win, but this is a massive masive game for Zurich. Madrid probably will win with a 95% certainty in my eyes, but all I need is a 2-0 win for the bet to come through.