** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

I would be wary of backing Juve though people.. Although they have started very well in the league' date=' and seem to be looking to dominate again, [b']they havent played in the champions league for several years. I expect them to qualify though, but a draw against bordoux wouldnt suprise me. Juve are strong and Diego was a top signing, but Italians usually start off slow.. It could be a nail biter for Juve backers as this is a close match up. Looks like Diego is out injured for this game though, so be careful here.
Not true mate. Chelsea put them out of last seasons CL, after they had beaten R.Madrid home & away in the group stage :ok

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September YEh your rite about JUve they were in it last year. Correct. The groups all contain one crap team if you look at em. Three teams aiming for qualification, so the groups are not easy. Taking Munichs group for Example. THe crap team are HAiffa. Then theres Bordeux and Juve and ofcourse Munich aiming for 1ts and 2nd spot. 6points are needed against the crappa team and some good results against the other two teams are needed in order to qualify. If Munich dont get 6 points off this team Haiifa, thne their chances are reduced heavily in Qualifying from the group. MAn Utd have a pretty easy group there, theres 2 crap teams in it, so ofcourse they can take it alot easier in thieir group and still easily qualify.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid @ 2.82 (Betfair). All 3 teams are favourites and its not hard to know why. Besiktas will not be an easy match and im sure for a while they will make it hard for last seasons Champions League finalists, but I think that Man utd will have a point to prove seeing as they wont want to start the seasons tournament as they finished last seasons and the quality they have should see out a 2-0 victory in the end. Bayern Munich are starting to click now in the Bundesliga after a weak start, bigger things are expected after the amount of cash spent in the summer. Players like Robben and Gomez added something different to the squad which already had players like Klose, Toni and Ribery amongst more. Bayern have not done much the last few seasons in the champions league and this must change. Van Gaal is an experienced manager and with the players mentioned above Bayern will have enough to see off the weaker opposition. Real Madrid, we all know the expectations are high and getting to the final is a must for madrid. Mega money has been spent (including the world transfer record being broken twice in the same window). Real have so much attacking options I can't see them not scoring, Benzema, Raul, Higuian, Ronaldo, Kaka, Guti, V Nistelrooy to mention just few (obviously not all of these can start). The world has been watching Real Madrid and they know that they can't lose this match. Manchester United HT/FT @ 2.50 (Betfair). Mancheseter United -1 @ Evens (Stan James). I know I said above that I expect a tight match for spells in the Besiktas vs Man Utd game but I do still think that Man Utd will use there experience to kill the game of at the correct times. I believe that some people are really bigging up the whole Ronaldo's gone whats going to happen now thing, but Man Utd have so much more to there play that what Ronaldo offered. The way I see it is players like Nani, Anderson, Berbatov and Rooney (aswell as new boy Owen) now have the chance to take some of the spotlight that Ronaldo had and show what they can do. A hungry Manchester Utd with a point to prove can see out a professional performance against weaker opposition. Real Madrid -1.5 @ 1.90 (Ladbrokes). As said above in the treble at the top of this post, Real Madrid have the attacking options to slice open any team in the world, but with the world watching the new world class squad they know they must win and comfortably. We all know its all good just winning matches but at Real Madrid for some reason they demand more and against weaker oppostion they will take a few goals. Athletico Madrid - 1.75 @ 1.82 (Ladbrokes). Its serious time now in the champions League group stages. Athletico Madrid know that if the want to qualify for the next round then they seriously have to beat Apoel both times home and away because Porto and Athletico are well matched sides and well capable of beating each other, with Chelsea probably going to finish top they know that it will be tight group with no room for slip ups against the groups weaker team. Athletico Madrid have excellent attacking options with Forlan, Aguerro, Simao and Reyes to name just few. A confident 2 or 3 nil win will be seen as a solid start here and with home advantage I see no problem with Althetico unable to do this. Anytime Goalscorers: Rooney (Manchester United) @ 2.25 (Coral). Dzeko (Wolfsburg) @ 1.84 ( Betfair). Forlan (Athletico Madrid) @ 2.88 (Coral). Ronaldo (Real Madrid) @ 2.20 (Coral). Not going to give to much detail into reasoning for these selections other than I predict there to be a lot of goals (and Overs) in tonights champions league matches and the players above are imo the clubs most likely goalscorers. Rooney has been enjoying a more forward role this season has 5 goals in 5 matches this season aswell as scoring for England on wednesday night. Ronaldo has adapted well in Spain scoring one in each of Real Madrids opening two games in La Liga. We all know how dangerous this man could be and he will be on any free kicks and penalties. Dzeko has started this season slow with only one goal so far but he will see tonights match as a game he can notch a few. Wolfsburg and Cska will see a few goals in it tonight im sure and the dangerous Dzeko will get chances, after notching up 26 league goals last season I fancy his chances to take one tonight. Forlan.. Last seasons Pichichi winner with a staggering 32 goals in 33 appearances, also winner of last seasons European Golden Boot. The Athletico forward isn't far when his side are in amongst the goals. Tonights match with Apoel should end in a comfortbale win for Athletico Madrid with plenty of goals, Forlan will be among the scorers.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Good write up Celticlad I agree with all of your picks, especially the anytime scorers look quite tastey. I have only got to watch Wolfsburg this season once, how often is Obefemi Martins utilized? I think he could do a good job in germany with his pace and can how hold off powerful defenders

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Most picks for the night are straight forward but I will be backing Porto at +9.0, Chelsea have had a few defensive lapses in the EPL alone so far this year, and with the likes of Hulk and the new Falcao I dont see why Porto cant gather a win here. Chelsea have a great squad in depth but we will see how they do without some of their attacking prowess. Porto are missing none Marseille at +2.4 to beat ACMilan at home looks decent. Although recent years I never have really thought AC Milan was a threat, this year looks to be even worse for them. Hopefully they can get it together with the individual threats they have, but I see them having a hard time advancing in their group for sure. Marseille has some great young players and is a very quick team, AC Milan as we all know is ageing Lyon at +1.77 to win at home against Fiorentina. Lyon have a great squad this year and have been banging away goals with their new attacking signings. I think they actually have good odds to win the tournament at 37/1 and will have my baCking Barcalona - Inter Milan, these would be my other two picks for the tournament. I think this should turn out to be a great game but I dont think I want to lean towards betting on any team at the moment. And I think Barca and Milan are too capable of scoring goals to bet on a draw here. If I was to pick I would say Milan to win at home here even though Barca have almost always looked to be a threat on the pitch, Eto'o will be hungry against Barca and I really like Mario Balotelli gl all

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Hi guys! I'll be short: Atl. Madrid - Apoel A sure home win. Apoel is a weak side, watched them against Partizan twice... Realy nothing special... Besiktas - Man. Utd. Easy win for Manchester. They are a far better team then Besiktas, and the hot turkish pitch won't have an effect on the "Red devils" Chelsea - Porto With the great Drogba in front and very strong middfield with Ballack, Lampard... and a very strong defence... No chance for Porto. Maccabi - FC Bayern Munchen Maccabi has no strikers who can threaten Bayern's goal. But, even if Bayern does concede (their defence is hollow), they will score 2-3 goals. Ribery, Robben and Gomez are no match for Maccabi's defence. Lyon - Fiorentina Lyon is stronger than ever, if you ask me, with great Kallstrom, Toulalan, Bodmer, Makoun, Pjanic, Lisandro, Govou and Gomis...!!! Great names, and they play great football. And Fiorentina, on the other side, dosen't have the balls to attack in big matches, to go forward and play. So, I think this will be a clear victory for Lyon. Good luck to all! ;)

Hi guys! I'll be short: Atl. Madrid - Apoel A sure home win. Apoel is a weak side, watched them against Partizan twice... Realy nothing special... Besiktas - Man. Utd. Easy win for Manchester. They are a far better team then Besiktas, and the hot turkish pitch won't have an effect on the "Red devils" Chelsea - Porto With the great Drogba in front and very strong middfield with Ballack, Lampard... and a very strong defence... No chance for Porto. Maccabi - FC Bayern Munchen Maccabi has no strikers who can threaten Bayern's goal. But, even if Bayern does concede (their defence is hollow), they will score 2-3 goals. Ribery, Robben and Gomez are no match for Maccabi's defence. Lyon - Fiorentina Lyon is stronger than ever, if you ask me, with great Kallstrom, Toulalan, Bodmer, Makoun, Pjanic, Lisandro, Govou and Gomis...!!! Great names, and they play great football. And Fiorentina, on the other side, dosen't have the balls to attack in big matches, to go forward and play. So, I think this will be a clear victory for Lyon. Good luck to all! ;)
Read back Chelsea are missing Drogba, Bosingwa and a few others due to injuries

YEh your rite about JUve they were in it last year. Correct. The groups all contain one crap team if you look at em. Three teams aiming for qualification' date=' so the groups are not easy. Taking Munichs group for Example. THe crap team are HAiffa. Then theres Bordeux and Juve and ofcourse Munich aiming for 1ts and 2nd spot. 6points are needed against the crappa team and some good results against the other two teams are needed in order to qualify. If Munich dont get 6 points off this team Haiifa, thne their chances are reduced heavily in Qualifying from the group. MAn Utd have a pretty easy group there, theres 2 crap teams in it, so ofcourse they can take it alot easier in thieir group and still easily qualify.[/quote'] As I posted last night, every year the crap teams do better than people expect, especially in round one of group play. Last year no one expected anything of Cluj, Aalborg, Kyiv...and look what happened. There is no pressure on a top team playing at home in the first game, and the dogs know they need to chase down every ball in every game. Managers of top teams may say they want to start strong in the group, but deep down they feel they can hold out some of their starters against Cluj or Aalborg, because they'll win anyway. Look at Man Utd...they only managed two wins in group play, and ended up in the final match. The difference between the quality of the teams is simply not that great to justify these massive handicaps, and the motivation is with the dogs.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Besiktas - Man. Utd Besiktas last league match lost .. This is because as a form instead of Hakan Arıkan Rençber Rustu saved the new keeper who had to take to Castle seen again .. Rüştü Rençber been injured (after the defeat galatasaray taken in response to a halt because of a lie I think this is my idea) Castle will play Hakan Arikan. . Hakan Arikan with a related note .. I want to give Liverpool a 8-0 defeat of the beşiktaş the match was goalkeeper Hakan Arıkan ... Liverpool 8 Scored Hakan Arıkan ... Manchester United match on it reached 2.5 in 3.5 Contribution of goals you will know .. I think the match could. Betsson>2.5>2.00 >3.5>3,70 TRANSLETE WİTH Google Translate :Dbecause my english better:D

I would be wary of backing Juve though people.. Although they have started very well in the league' date=' and seem to be looking to dominate again, they havent played in the champions league for several years. I expect them to qualify though, but a draw against bordoux wouldnt suprise me. Juve are strong and Diego was a top signing, but Italians usually start off slow.. It could be a nail biter for Juve backers as this is a close match up. Looks like Diego is out injured for this game though, so be careful here.[/quote'] Im sorry, but you are clueless, Juventus which had a mediocre team at most, almost knocked out Chelsea in the quarters last year, Juventus also had an injured squad. Saying that they havent been in CL makes me wonder how clueless you are, 1.50 against Bordeaux is a banker, I already put 1000 euro on Juventus + Bayern to win their first games, thats how confident I am.

Be wary Celticlad, Dzeko was dropped for Martins on the weekend so its unsure whether he'll start or not. He may have been dropped for the game tonight but just something to look out for.
:ok Cheers for the heads up mate, Already placed my bets so hopefully he starts. If he is on the bench and comes on at 1-1 after 60 mins and scores is that a winner or is the bet voided?

:ok Cheers for the heads up mate' date=' Already placed my bets so hopefully he starts. If he is on the bench and comes on at 1-1 after 60 mins and scores is that a winner or is the bet voided?[/quote'] If you have done anytime goalscorer it will be fine.

Be wary Celticlad, Dzeko was dropped for Martins on the weekend so its unsure whether he'll start or not. He may have been dropped for the game tonight but just something to look out for.
They dropped him because they wanted him in a fit way against CSKA Moskau. :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September MAn Utd have a full team to chose from, but it depends who they field. If its all the Big boys out then they should win comfortable. Ofcourse theres the Man CIty game at the weekend also, so I wouldnt have thought, but AF may rest players for that. then Besiktas have a chance of taking somehting from the game. There are no injuries to the squad, except Hargreaves. So it kind of hinges on the line up. Id still be suprised though anything other than a MAn Utd win tonight as I think the big boys will be playing..Besiktas are aload of crapo. I dont wanna offend anyone but they are. LOw stakes though for me on this as you cant rule out the HOme teams ever how bad they are in Champ league.

i am over 18,and mature enough to get ur ass fkked...u wanted to hear that..so have a nice time. and @ gotstone,pretending to be great tipster..who posts after match..if u r so great as u told jack...then send ur tips as we all do ,well before match,instead of sending ur blabla after match
I will post my wins as I please, But when in the Hell did I EVER say I was a great TIPSTER? never did I claim I was anything I only stated roughly my return % which speaks for itself and im willing to compare that with anyones if you'd like I have already posted my picks if you do not know how to read because you surely cannot type even if this is the internet

Mind your bets ... all is not as it may seem Regardless of which teams win or lose in the CL tonight and tomorrow, remember punters there is always value (of sorts) to be had by looking closely at all of the markets your favourite bookie offers. I bet almost exclusively with Paddy Power and find them to be pretty decent overall. However, I do find some odd ones in there every now and then. For example, I was looking through the various markets for a bit of value in the Liverpool (my team) versus Debreceni match and found this discrepancy ... WINCAST - S Gerrard to score in 90 minutes and Liverpool to win the match - 4/5. S Gerrard anytime goalscorer - 5/6 Of course, I assume PP's logic is that if Gerrard (any Liverpool player) scores, the Reds will go on to win, but from a punting angle that makes no sense at all. With the latter option, assuming Stevie G scores, you collect whatever the end result. With the former, he could score but you'd lose if the match was drawn or Deb won. It's all good stuff.

Agreed. I think that Romanian team nobody had ever heard of, Cluj or whatever, winning at Roma in the first game last season, is a prime example. Results like that don't happen very often, but can.
Well Jimmy, U probably never heard Cluj, but I would like to see some respect from you for a club which is 102 years old, and won Hungarian Cup in hard times u can't imagne. I can assure You that a lot of serious football fans heard about CFR Cluj. U are just not one of them.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Event : Atletico Madrid v APOEL Selection : Atletico Madrid -1.5 & -2.0 (AH) Price : Stan James @ 1.80 Strength : 10/10 Reason : Despite athletico's poor domestic start, this is a competition they will surely not be complacent in, after reaching the last 16 last time,they will want to win this game comfortably, especially as they have Chelsea and Porto making up the group, and with Forlan, Reyes and the impressive Aguero leading the front line, they could rack up a few goals in this match. APOEL have started their domestic season the same way as Atletico, one point from 2 games, and despite knocking out Partizan and FC Copenhagen, they did lose both the away legs in them games.