** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Wolfsburg have been beaten in the last 3 in the league but have played decent sides, and CSKA are not..they are only third in the Russian league after 21 games and I expect Wolfsburg to come out the blocks flying in their first Champ league game..they score plenty but are about as secure as Wolves at the back and concede for fun, one to note is that Vagner Love the star of CSKA in the last few years is currently back at a club in Brazil on loan for personal reasons, which is a big loss for them.. Wouldnt even bother with any handicaps for this one, think 1.8 is decent for Wolfs..but the one that screams out is over 2.5 at 1.9ish, if you look at Wolfsburgs results they dont know the meaning of cagey, and while CSKA are more reserved dont think they'll be able to live with Wolfs to be honest..

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September

Crisis. ? I mentioned before after that game, Utd Missed a Penalty in that match, and they had enough chances to get aleast a draw. Burnley have been abit lucky though at home this season. They have got away wiht a couple of 1-0's. Opposition teams missing Pens.. I think MAn Utd had defensive probs in that game, No Ferdinand, or VIdic against Burnley. Since then Man Utd haven't put a foot wrong beating Arsenal and Spurs.. I wont change my mind on this game.. Man utd victory all teh way
I was being sarcastic when I said crisis, because clearly they will challenge for the title this season. However, they were outplayed by Arsenal and were very lucky to come away with a win and they were also very poor against Birmingham in the first game of the season. They were much better against Spurs but I can still see weaknesses in the United team and they seem to be fairly hit and miss thus far, though I'm sure they'll improve as the season continues. Saying that they should still have too much for Besiktas, but as it's so early in the season and Turkey is a very hard place to go in Europe I won't be betting on it.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September I would be wary of backing Juve though people.. Although they have started very well in the league, and seem to be looking to dominate again, they havent played in the champions league for several years. I expect them to qualify though, but a draw against bordoux wouldnt suprise me. Juve are strong and Diego was a top signing, but Italians usually start off slow.. It could be a nail biter for Juve backers as this is a close match up. Looks like Diego is out injured for this game though, so be careful here.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Drogba and Bosingwa are out due to a suspension in the semi finals last year. SO be wary of backing Chelsea. I have a feeling they might sneak it 1-0 or 2-1, but POrto are too good to write off. Odds of 1.4 for home win without The Drog is not a great price. I believe Porto are at full strength. Chelsea have conceeded a few goals this season against weakish opposition so wiht the quality the POrtugeeezers have, they have a goal in em here and are a threat. Its a possible banana skin. Also Chelsea have been riding they're luck alot lately against bottom half of the table opposition so they havent realy been tested by anyone great yet this season, except Charity Sheild against Man Utd.. 2-2 result. Defence is leaky

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Chelsea vs FC Porto Just learnt that Bosingwa and Drogba are out, undoubtedly good news for Porto. Still 2/5 is probably about right for a home win. I'm not touching the 1X2 market, nor the handicaps for that matter. Keep in mind that it's too early in the season for Porto to really be able to "bite", they bit ManU last season but that was in April after the team had gelled. Attackingwise Porto are looking good, Falcao looks a very good striker indeed and Varela is starting to show form. Chelsea must be careful here because Porto can score at Stamford Bridge if they're given a couple of chances. That said Porto's defence has not been very convincing and I am always a bit fearful of these September travels to the UK. Bruno Alves is not yet back at his best, neither is Rolando, let's hope they can up the ante for this match. As I said the match for me is about fairly priced, Porto can sneak something yes but there's high risk in betting on that scenario, +1,5 at 1.61 certainly doesn't convince me either as the match could go the wrong way for Porto, only bet I could envisage would be on Falcao to score anytime if you can get above 6.00 or thereabouts for that and I suspect you can't.

Igor Akinfeev is world class goalkeeper' date=' CSKA is without their best striker Vagner Love, on the other hand Wolfsburg scored 9 goals from 5 matches. Their defence is like swiss cheese (conceded 11 in 5 games), but as I don´t see CSKA scoring I will stay away from overs in this match. I see this as home win (1:0) :ok[/quote'] I agree with your assessment of this fixture Bagzi. However, I think over 2.5 goals is definitely worth a shot at best odds of 1.95. Like you say, Wolfsburg's defence is like swiss cheese. They've lost their last three, so won't be trerribly confident coming into this fixture. The odds are normally around 1.45 - 1.55 for over 2.5 goals in their home games, so this could be a bit of a gift.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Zurich v Real Madrid People will be wondering how long it will take this team to gel or whether it will be successful this season. I also have my doubts too and I cant see them winning the league or the Champions league this season. There goal is to obviously get to the final, like everyones elses, but after spending so much money over the summer, expectations will be very high. Real MAdrid usually have no problems against weaker teams in champions league and usually rack up a few goals in the process. They cant fanny about here, and 3 points will be expected with the likes of ROn, Benz and kaka, plus the old boys like Van Nistleroy, Raul, guti, and players like gago, drenthe. They have a good squad of players, and a large squad to rotate as the season goes on. This team is a serious goal machine, and when the team does get running properly they will be awesome. They have so far scored 6 goals in 2 games in the league so far. Conceeded 2. I can see Real scoring 2 or more here, maybe winning by a large scoreline. No disrespect to Zurich, but they probo wont pick up alot of points this year in this competition. Im going for Real Madrid -1 goal @ 1.85

Attackingwise Porto are looking good' date=' Falcao looks a very good striker indeed[/quote'] When I heard of his transfer from River, I asked Paddy Power for odds on him being top goalscorer in Liga Sagres this year and they said they couldn't provide a market!!! I've watched this guy many times playing for River and he could be very, very big if he stays clear of injuries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagehot viewpost.gif Attackingwise Porto are looking good, Falcao looks a very good striker indeed
When I heard of his transfer from River, I asked Paddy Power for odds on him being top goalscorer in Liga Sagres this year and they said they couldn't provide a market!!! I've watched this guy many times playing for River and he could be very, very big if he stays clear of injuries!
Are you talking about HULK here... ?

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Hi fellas, so glad Champions League weeks are upon us once again :clap Few thoughts about tomorrow nights games.... Besiktas V Manchester United - Manchester United win @ 1.53 (Bet365) Manchester United come into this game off a confidence boosting 3-1 win over Tottenham at White Hart Lane. I watched the game, Man Utd went 1-0 down after only a minute but they came right back at Spurs and played the best football they have played so far this season. Rooney was magnificent, as was Fletcher. Sir Alex has the decision to make as to what team he puts out on Tuesday evening, but with Rooney leading the line I can definantly see United scoring against most teams. As has been mentioned earlier Besiktas are not going to be a dominating force within this years CL competition, I can see United taking 3 points back to Old Trafford on matchday 1. Wolfsburg V CSKA Moscow - OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.9 (Bet365) Again as has been mentioned before Wolfsburg knows where the net is both in attack and defence. It seems for every goal they score they feel the need to concede one aswell. Thus far this season in the German Bundesliga they have scored 6 in 3 home games and conceded 7, while on the road they have scored 3 and conceded 4. Now while I know we shouldnt look at domestic form when picking winners in European competitions, I feel this shows us something about how they play football .... Gung-ho. I feel they will score tomorrow night and given their defensive record they will likely concede as well so the 1.9 on offer is good value. I will probably go for the Manchester United win and over 2.5 goals in the Wolfsburg game double at combined odds of about 2.9 Good Luck fellow PL'ers :hope:hope

Are you talking about HULK here... ?
No they are talking about Falcao, a young Columbian player I believe. Quite a name on the football manager scene. New signing, I havn't seen anything of him at Porto yet, but he could be promising (although probably not against Chelsea)

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September I was thinking about Chelsea game again and i think i have to change my mind about Porto +1.5...i will go for a shocker here and take them win :eek at @9.00.As some guys said b4 it's early games and some big teams are half sleep...Chelsea will be without Drogba,Zhirkov,Deco,Alex,J.Cole,Bosingwa. while Porto is in very good form at the moment.I also remembered their game last season against Man Un...if they will play same 2morrow then Chelsky will b in trouble ;) All favorites will not win,there must b a shocker.Call me crazy but i'm taking Porto at @9.00 with small stakes. high stakes for Real,Liverpool,Man.Un treble :ok GL everyone

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Lisandro Lopez is a great player but he was sold along with left-back Aly Cissokho to French side Lyon..Ex porto players now,.. Also i got this from ITV.com Chelsea will delve into their famed youth academy on Tuesday in order to bolster a Champions League squad that has been ravaged by injury and suspensions. Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and full-back Jose Bosingwa are banned while midfielders Deco, Joe Cole and Yuri Zhirkov, plus defenders Paulo Ferreira and Alex, are all missing through injury. Drogba has been banned for four games by UEFA following his foul-mouthed outburst at the end of the semi-final defeat to Barcelona. Dont forget though CHelsea have a big squad, Joe cole hasnt played for a long time, along wiht Ferreira. Deco has been playing this season when fit. So really the only bad misses are Drogba and Boswinga.. Available PLayers Chelsea (from): Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Belletti, A Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Ivanovic, Lampard, Mikel, Ballack, Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge, Hutchinson, Borini, Bruma, Anelka, Essien. Its a dangerous game, I would suggest those who may feel Chelsea is a banker to rethink because its a possible upset in my opinion and is worth swerving. Chelsea will conceed in this game thats for sure. Belletti will probo cover the right back position I would have thought..

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September I'm gonna go against everyone here and go with a cheeky few bets on BJK to beat Man U. Betting with my heart here but at 13/2, I'm more than happy to part with my petty cash. Man U will beat us tomorrow; make no mistake about it. My score predictions are as follows: 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and 7-0. Gonna put a few quid on those scores and a few quid on Besiktas to win. Also gonna stick some money on BJK Half-Time, Full-Time at 14/1. Man U didn't turn up to the Champs League final last year and I'm hoping they won't turn up to their first Champs league game of the season. But I'm not placing these bets until tomorrow afternoon as I can see our price go up some more. Fingers crossed. :hope

I'm gonna go against everyone here and go with a cheeky few bets on BJK to beat Man U. Betting with my heart here but at 13/2, I'm more than happy to part with my petty cash. Man U will beat us tomorrow; make no mistake about it. My score predictions are as follows: 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 and 7-0. Gonna put a few quid on those scores and a few quid on Besiktas to win. Also gonna stick some money on BJK Half-Time, Full-Time at 14/1. Man U didn't turn up to the Champs League final last year and I'm hoping they won't turn up to their first Champs league game of the season. But I'm not placing these bets until tomorrow afternoon as I can see our price go up some more. Fingers crossed. crossfingers.gif
The idea of gambling is to make money not throw it away.. :) Just joking.. I believe Besiktas mananged to hold Liverpool to a draw a couple of years ago, but then Liverpool won 8-0 at Anfield. Liverpool got slated in the press for that result if i remember correctly.. the 0-0 result ofcourse... NOthings certain in football, but Man Utd are far superior. It might only be a 1-0 scoreline, but i feel Man Utd will be the team with 3points at the end of the game. Rooney is the man on fire infront of goal.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Small bet for me on Chelsea -1 on the handicap. I think odds against for this bet is great value. Chelsea are in great form and there are early signs that they are beginning to get that winning mentality back which made them so tough to beat under Mourinho. Drogba, Anelka and Lampard are just a few of many who can score goals for Chelsea and whilst Porto are a good, organised side, Chelsea will be will looking to make a statement to their fans and other teams that they want to go all the way in this competition.

thats too funny...How much did they pay to win Russian League?:puke u r disgusting n that really makes u a fool with those arguments.:lol how can u suggest such things??any proofs??or anythg to confirm ur statement?
Fcuking hell guys,u need sense of humour,i just said this for a laugh :rollin Sound like u r over 50 m8 and don't like jokes :lol I bet you don't like Borat and Bruno movies then :lol:rollin:lol Also some of you never write anything and only reply if they don't like someones opinion.

Small bet for me on Chelsea -1 on the handicap. I think odds against for this bet is great value. Chelsea are in great form and there are early signs that they are beginning to get that winning mentality back which made them so tough to beat under Mourinho. Drogba, Anelka and Lampard are just a few of many who can score goals for Chelsea and whilst Porto are a good, organised side, Chelsea will be will looking to make a statement to their fans and other teams that they want to go all the way in this competition.
Read above about Chelsea's team news m8. DROGBA IS OUT

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Hahaha, Ultravis. You joker! :lol Trust me, mate, we're gonna need something more than luck and something more than a miracle to even get a point off them. Man U will definitely beat us by at least three goals; you have my word on that one. I can say this with so much confidence because I've been watching every game of BJK's since forever and this season is our worst season to date. We can't string two passes together. And, Gay Boy, we (somehow) beat Liverpool 2-1 a couple of years ago and then got pwnd 8-0 away. But back then we were at least creating a couple of chances here 'n' there but now? We look like we haven't seen a football before; it really is that bad. You're right. Gambling isn't about throwing money away. But I've wasted my money on worse things in the past so what's another extra couple of units, eh? The only way Man U won't beat us tomorrow is if their price drops to about 1/4 by kick-off 'coz whenever that seems to happen to a team, more often than not, they end up losing or drawing.

And, Gay Boy, we (somehow) beat Liverpool 2-1 a couple of years ago and then got pwnd 8-0 away. But back then we were at least creating a couple of chances here 'n' there but now? We look like we haven't seen a football before; it really is that bad.
Your going to bet on a team that cant string 2 passes together against MANCHESTER UTD ? a team that got to the FINAL 2 seasons in a row. Go and buy yourself some tampons instead of wasting it on Besiktas.. lol

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Was hoping to go big on Chelsea but the absence of Drogba has put me off that a bit. I will go for Chelsea, but only if Porto are missing one of their front two, which may be a possibility, as Hulk has only played two of their four games this season. I'll have myself mentally prepared just incase and go: Big on DNB Chelsea 1.13 (Betfair) Otherwise, I'll stick £100 on Liverpool to win and use the £10 from that on a promising looking acca: Man United 1.53 Real Madrid (-1) 1.85 Bayern Munich 1.45 Liverpool (-1) 1.36 Lyon 1.80 Total odds: 10.09 If you want my reasons, just read what all the good folks on here have said about these games, thus far :)

Was hoping to go big on Chelsea but the absence of Drogba has put me off that a bit. I will go for Chelsea, but only if Porto are missing one of their front two, which may be a possibility, as Hulk has only played two of their four games this season. I'll have myself mentally prepared just incase and go: Big on DNB Chelsea 1.13 (Betfair) Otherwise, I'll stick £100 on Liverpool to win and use the £10 from that on a promising looking acca: Man United 1.53 Real Madrid (-1) 1.85 Bayern Munich 1.45 Liverpool (-1) 1.36 Lyon 1.80 Total odds: 10.09 If you want my reasons, just read what all the good folks on here have said about these games, thus far :)
This all seems like a lot of hassle. 1.13!? I would avoid that entirely, as well as Liverpool at 1/10. Just do your accy or whatever and avoid these two bets because of value alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Jimmy viewpost.gif Was hoping to go big on Chelsea but the absence of Drogba has put me off that a bit. I will go for Chelsea, but only if Porto are missing one of their front two, which may be a possibility, as Hulk has only played two of their four games this season. I'll have myself mentally prepared just incase and go: Big on DNB Chelsea 1.13 (Betfair) Otherwise, I'll stick £100 on Liverpool to win and use the £10 from that on a promising looking acca: Man United 1.53 Real Madrid (-1) 1.85 Bayern Munich 1.45 Liverpool (-1) 1.36 Lyon 1.80 Total odds: 10.09 If you want my reasons, just read what all the good folks on here have said about these games, thus far smile2.gif
This all seems like a lot of hassle. 1.13!? I would avoid that entirely, as well as Liverpool at 1/10. Just do your accy or whatever and avoid these two bets because of value alone.
user_online.gifreport.gif quote.gif
Yes i wouldn't bet big stakes on this round ever how confident you feel about a game. Too early to go nuts.

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Besiktas won 2 lost 1 in their last Champions League campaign in 07/08, including a 2-1 win over Liverpool. They're a strong team at home and have won 8 of their last 12 home games. Manchester United, despite good results against Spurs and Arsenal, havn't been performing brilliantly. Without Ronaldo they lack that spark of brilliance in the final third and rely a lot of the time on Rooney to win the game. If Benfica can keep a hold of him, United will struggle to break down the turks. I think a lot of people are being naive with their valuation of Man Utd and I think the value is in Benfica. Besiktas +1 (AH) @ 1.98 (Bet365)

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Juventus and Bordeaux have both started the season well, both undefeated in their opening league games. These teams are a lot closer than the odds show in my opinion, Bordeaux have some good players in Chamakh, Gourcouff and Gouffran whilst Juventus will be without Diego who is important in all their attacks. Deffinately value in Bordeaux here imo; Bordeaux DnB @ 4/1 (Bet365)

Initially' date=' Wolfsburg v CSKA Over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 screams out at me.[/quote'] Agree, I would take anything above 1,70 for an Over in a Wolfsburg game, no matter who they play and where. Juande R knows how to ''kill'' a game, but the strikers' options in the German team are excellent. Add to that the recently leaky defense of Wolsburg and CSKA being a team with by far more experience in Europe, and we are having a good option for more goals. GL

Re: Uefa Champions League 15/16 September Food for thought...I have no idea who was favored last year, but I remember being struck by how many narrow results in the CL happen in the first round of group play, when perhaps favorites take teams likely, dogs play their asses off, and wins are not absolutely vital for the big guns as there will be five more chances to get points. I have noted this in all international events in the early rounds. In any case, of the 16 first games last year, while there weren't that many outright shocks, few big handicaps were covered: Surprises?: Roma, which ended group play 4-0-2, lost at home to Cluj. Lyon, which finished 3-2-1, drew at home to Fiorentina. Man Utd, which finished 2-4-0, drew at home to Villareal. Maybe these teams weren't as good as we thought?: Werder, which finished 1-4-1, drew at home to Anorthosis. PSV, which finished 1-0-5, lost at home to Atletico Madrid. Celtic, which finished 1-2-3, drew at home to Aalborg. These dogs probably covered the HC: Dinamo Kyiv, which finished 2-2-2, drew at home to Arsenal. Zenit, which finished 1-2-3, lost by just 1-0 at Juventus. Steaua, which finished 0-1-5, lost by just 1-0 at home against Bayern. That's nine of the 16 games right there. Here's what I think: Any team that has gotten this far is good enough to spring a surprise performance in the first game. No handicap is safe.

Originally Posted by bagehot Attackingwise Porto are looking good, Falcao looks a very good striker indeed When I heard of his transfer from River, I asked Paddy Power for odds on him being top goalscorer in Liga Sagres this year and they said they couldn't provide a market!!! I've watched this guy many times playing for River and he could be very, very big if he stays clear of injuries! Are you talking about HULK here... ?
I was only mentioning new signings so I didn't mention Hulk, but if you ask then yes Hulk has been in good form since the start of season, a lot is expected of him but he needs to perform in the bigger matches, something he couldn't do last season.