** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anyone want a horse racing database ?

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi All i have rewritten the downloader i posted earlier using autoit it now runs in excel and will run against sportinglife web site also one that runs in access/excel against the racingpost web site it is not 100% yet against sportinglife but the racingpost version is pretty stable problem with racingpost is that you get multiple pieces of information in 1 cell ie horsename and odds which makes it difficult to read into access with 100% reliability sportinglife info is in 1 item per cell but the website is not organised well in the archive numbering so navigation is a pain i did a start at number 123456 and subtract 1 each loop, it took the best part of 7 days to load 9 months worth of info also it includes all foreign results if anybody wants to have these scripts let me know and i will either post it or mail it too you how do i post attachments on here as seperate scripts are too long to copy and paste ? be patient as i dont get in here that often

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ?

Hi All i have rewritten the downloader i posted earlier using autoit it now runs in excel and will run against sportinglife web site also one that runs in access/excel against the racingpost web site it is not 100% yet against sportinglife but the racingpost version is pretty stable problem with racingpost is that you get multiple pieces of information in 1 cell ie horsename and odds which makes it difficult to read into access with 100% reliability sportinglife info is in 1 item per cell but the website is not organised well in the archive numbering so navigation is a pain i did a start at number 123456 and subtract 1 each loop, it took the best part of 7 days to load 9 months worth of info also it includes all foreign results if anybody wants to have these scripts let me know and i will either post it or mail it too you how do i post attachments on here as seperate scripts are too long to copy and paste ? be patient as i dont get in here that often
See for attachments: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_explain You need to update your personal profile so that someone could contact you by email.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? @losing run 2 I am very interested in your Auto-It scripts. Tried it by myself, but didn't get really further to that stage where I want to go. If you step into this thread in future times again, I will be really delighted to get some more input in that Auto-It magic stuff. For me it seems to be a good way to build up my own data, based on RP or atr... best regards Bienzle

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi All i have managed to put the file on my msn webspace below link should get you there Excel sheet which reads from sporting life http://cid-5d4dc1f02c9f78d2.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=5D4DC1F02C9F78D2!106&Bpub=SDX.Docs&Bsrc=GetSharingLink it is Zipped with a password = punters lounge any problems leave me a message here

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi LR If you had a full copy of the code rather than the part you adapted from Evergreen's post it wouldn't have taken 7 days to load 9 months data. If you want the missing code you can have it. sumuwin

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Thanks sumuwin That would be good as I cannot get mine to run any quicker :( -- saying that its not that slow now but i keep changing things as i review what is downloaded --so have to keep re-running it. At present i have rewritten it to run in Access - basically the same code as excel version but i have reparsed the meeting info section. I will redo the excel version or post a new module when I get chance Can you post it on here sumuwin or do you want to send via email?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? is there anybody there if anybody wants to test a database that can download yesterdays results and then todays meetings -- currently holds data from july 2009 to today (05-03-2010) let me know -- what do i want in exchange for this little gem you ask yourselves -- well i am reasonably competent with computers and databases but when it comes to picking winners i may as well use a pin, so if you've got a system you think works i would be willing to trade my skills for yours -- and if you would like me to build your system into your version of the database then just ask

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi LR2. I'd be interested in your database but unfortunately I dont have the holy grail, or the golden goose. I doubt if anybody has, and evn if they did I doubt they would share the secret. Does your database allow the user to imput or generate ratings, if so that would be the route to go down. I have all the handicap flat races from the start of last season and produce my own ratings, the problem is I have them in an excel sheet with results downloaded daily from the Sporting Life.I then have to make some changes to get everything into number format,its not fast and flexible enough for me to use for daily predictions as I don't have the time to spare. Your own figures are the way to go and as soon as you understand them and the conditions and circumstances they were achieved in respect of the current days racing then I'm sure the winners will start to come, and you will get to see where the type of races they are most accurate in. All the best :ok Davey H

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi evergreenfc if you want a copy of the database you can have it. as i cant put attachments on here i will need to give you access to my dropbox account. if you send me a message with your email address i can give you access to download the database currently it downloads yesterdays results, todays runners with betting forecast odds, option to download the next 6 days races working on an option to download current sp for a specific race -- this is because i set it to run automatically at 7.00 am and there is only forecast odds available as you can see it is still a work in progress but the nuts and bolts are all there regards Dave

• 1 month later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi m8, could I access your database please or do you know how I cant get archived results back to March 2011 in a basic format that I could import into excel. For example all i need is raceard number, horse name, placing, and SP. Also if it could show N/R if the horse was a non-runner.... Any help appreciated thanks....could put a few systems your way in return :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. I am a computer programmer and have a winning system(not public), but it is fueled by massive massive amounts of data, that I am always eager to add to. I have no problems using an API that scrapes and downloads the current day/week data, but am looking for more complete older data to supplement my system. If you can provide any historical racing data, I would love to examine it, and for quality would definitely make it worth your while to share. Databases (sql dumps), flat text files, excel, any format is perfectly fine for me. Thank you. :hope

• 1 month later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hi LR, I have just seen this thread due to the fact that I have been searching for a means to create my own ratings and was looking for not only a suitable database but also a means of updating the suitable data to it. At the moment I am data scraping the Racing Post website and reformatting (fairly crudely) in Excel via macros. I have only recently started to learn how to do this so at the moment it is quite long winded and I am modifying all the time. If the offer of access to your database prog still stands then I would be really keen to have a look please. I can't see an option to send you a PM so I guess I will have to hope that you are still monitoring this thread. Let me know. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Hello, Im interested in your database in Microsoft Excell Format, I am a novice punter and have a good knowlege of all microcsoft Office applications. Maybe your Databse can help me out.. Thanks in advance Peter

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? sorry to all those who wanted a look at my database its a continual work in progress and as i get 1 thing done something else crops up :wall well it seems to work ok on the link to sporting life it consistently downloads yesterdays results and then todays runners so i am happy with that what i now need to do is clean up all the redundant code that is in there if you would like a copy you will need access 2007 to use it give me a week or so and i should have it sorted so i can let a few people have a test -- feed back welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? Not sure if anybody still about Was looking at downloading results automatically from racing post and creating a speed rating. So if say was slow by 7.24secs , 72.4/furlong and that generates speed fig , then 3lb per length thereafter. Do it through rp rate race at moment but takes a lot o time Thanks

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? well im still working on it -- have code in access vba to read sporting life website for todays runners and yesterdays results this seems completely stable (no pun intended) now and is loaded into a database looking at reading racing post website but its not 100% yet can get most things but for some reason internet explorer will freeze on a page and lock the whole thing up so i suppose the answer to the question is yes we are but just not posting also looking at this thread on betfair forum its a tutorial on the api using vbasic http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=112 so i can load current data from betfair into database

• 2 years later...

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ?

Working on a project whereby i'll be providing a horse racing database. Intention is to have it available in multiple fileformats like csv,xml,xls and also direct in DB format like MySQL. ( There will be a price to pay eventually but way too early to say anything on that except that i'm hoping to keep it as low as possible ) At the moment i'm looking for a couple of Beta-testers. Would like at least one person who knows his way around databases, but not an expert, just an average database user. And one person who might be interested in using a non-DB format like excel. Most important really would be that you have some purpose for wanting a horse racing database / data. Tell me that and i can try out different fileformats and filestructures to see what fits best.
I am looking for a database in access format can you help

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? @Winworth Try RacingSense.com http://www.racingsense.com/download.htm Inside the downloaded Zip file is a cabinet file called SSR132, which contains an Access file called ssr containing races going back from 1994 to 12 Oct 2014 (at time of posting). 1. Extract the zip file. 2. Inside the folder where you extracted the zip there should be a number of files including one called SSR132 3. Right click SSR132 to open the cabinet file 4. Right click file named ssr inside the cabinet file and select extract. Once extracted, the database within is in Access format.

Re: Anyone want a horse racing database ? if you want to update daily from sporting life & racingpost let me know as ive got an access db that runs daily collecting all todays races and yesterdays results- currently run it every morning at -7:00 to pull todays runners and update yesterdays results - also pulls tote payouts