** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Staking system for low odds.

jl294

Hi. I've sort of created a staking system for odds between 1.2 - 1.3 (average of 1.25). The main principle of it is to basically multiply your bank by 4.5 when you lose and divide by 2 when you win. I'll do an example. Sequence = LLWWWLW Bank = 100, stake = 0.5% (0.5) Bet 1 - Stake - 0.5 - LOSE - 99.5 Bet 2 - Stake - 2.25 - LOSE - 97.25 Bet 3 - Stake - 10.13 - WIN - 99.78 Bet 4 - Stake - 5.07 - WIN - 101.06 Bet 5 - Stake - 2.54 - WIN - 101.69 Bet 6 - Stake - 1.27 - LOSE - 100.42 Bet 7 - Stake - 5.72 - WIN - 101.85 so I've made 1.85% profit having had to dip 10.13% into my bank. This is with a strike rate of 57%, which is really bad aswell.. Therefore more often than not, you would make even more profit than whats already there. There are afew rules that I've set up to reduce potential lose. 1. Betting can be with any game and doesnt have to be selective (time efficiency) 2. If you lose a bet, then the next bet MUST be selective, so that you can get back on track. 3. Ideally have a sequence of 5 games, and if you are in profit, then start over again with the bank you have. 4. If you have no profit after 5 games, continue on until you have made any profit. What do you guys think? Is this a system worthy of profit? I'm not an experienced gambler. I havent got any money in my account to test this, and paper trading I cant be assed for. (im a poor student - waiting for the good old student loan to come through :D) Oh and I know its still quite a risky plan, because if you get 3 losses in a row then its half your bank on the line. I havent thought of a way to sort that yet! Likely hood on that happening isnt high though!

Re: Staking system for low odds. It's generally accepted amongst successful punters that raising stakes after a loser is a big No No in whatever form. People will point to clever "recovery staking plans" the trouble is that you are massively increasing the likelyhood of bankruptcy with little gain in overall profit (if any). You really need to know the strike rate of your system ... this way you can work out the length of a likely losing run and be able to allow for it. From what you've said above at average odds of 1.25 ( I'm assuming this to be decimal odds ) then you need a strike rate of 85% to return a profit of 7%. Have a look at this table :- http://www.cdsystems.uk.com/dont_go_broke!.htm You may need to login - it's free and you wont get any spam. From that you can see you have a 50/50 chance of 4 losers in a row even with an 85% strike rate system.

• 5 years later...

Re: Staking system for low odds. This system doesnt make any sense If I got 100 pounds as bank lets see 1. 0.5 return 0.65 W 2. 0.32 return even less than initial stake W 3. I have now to bet even less :)) 0.20 to return 0.25 W 4. 0.13 return 0.16 W 5. 0.08 .... 0.10 W Ive had 5 consecutive winning bets of 1.25 each and made 0.35 pounds profit with a 100 pounds bank