** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010

Old

2009/10 UEFA Champions League group stage
Group AGroup B
FC Bayern München (GER)Manchester United FC (ENG)
Juventus (ITA)PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)
FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)Beşiktaş JK (TUR)
Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR)VfL Wolfsburg (GER)
Group CGroup D
AC Milan (ITA)Chelsea FC (ENG)
Real Madrid CF (ESP)FC Porto (POR)
Olympique de Marseille (FRA)Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)
FC Zürich (SUI)APOEL FC (CYP)
Group EGroup F
Liverpool FC (ENG)FC Barcelona (ESP)
Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)FC Internazionale Milano (ITA)
ACF Fiorentina (ITA)FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Debreceni VSC (HUN)FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)
Group GGroup H
Sevilla FC (ESP)Arsenal FC (ENG)
Rangers FC (SCO)AZ Alkmaar (NED)
VfB Stuttgart (GER)Olympiacos FC (GRE)
AFC Unirea Urziceni (ROU)R. Standard de Liège (BEL)

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 Been looking at the CL top scorers market and was hoping if any of you guys could clarify something for me. Firms that pay 1/4 of the odds for first four in the final table? In past seasons several players have finished joint 1st,2nd, 3rd or 4th, do the bookmakers payout on ALL players that finish in joint positions? Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, wasn't sure whether I should have started a new thread and thanks in advance for any advice. I've found out the info so just ignore this post

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010

Liverpool in the final sounds good to me! Can't believe Arsenal have such an easy group. How were AZ in the second pot?! I can see man utd struggling a bit, that's not a nice draw in the slightest.
Eh, Arsenal get an easy draw most years - it's no great surprise. I think United will be quite comfortable with qualification. CSKA aren't what they were with their firepower now restricted to Necid and Maazou and under the stewardship of a somewhat tactically dubious Zico. Russia's no easy place to go to but CSKA just don't look as much of a threat as they did. Besiktas are ok but they too struggle scoring goals without Delgado there to pull the strings and he's out for a considerable length of time at the moment. Wolfsburg are a bit of an unknown factor in Europe but they're one of the sides that are good goalscorers so they'll be a threat. That said, they're not great defensively so this side shouldn't pose too much of a problem either. I'll be surprised if United don't hit 5 wins from 6 in this group.

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 Yeah, well you've hit a good point there with league points being a problem 'cause at least three of those games back onto or follow games with Tottenham, Man City, Chelsea etc. It is a problem, particularly as the useless Michael Owen will be forced to play and then I'm doomed to watch him miss sitters eternally from my seat in the north stand! Boo!

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 think rubin may surprise people this season there wont be many teams going to the cold russian part of europe and coming away with a victory. even the great man u and inter will settle for a draw beforehand and then they have to travel to kiev as well, definitely think I can see rubin causing a shock maybe and qualifying out of this group it only needs one of the big 2 to win both games against the other one or they may draw with each other which would suit rubin as well.

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 CHELSEA TO WIN GROUP D 1/2 BETFRED This looks a nailed on cert to me. Chelsea always start well in the group stages and should have no problem overcoming these teams. Atletico are there main rivals but they haven't really showed much recently and the chelsea powerhouse should have enough to beat them at home and draw away! Was also looking at Bayern at 7/5, with Robben and Ribery they surely should get/supply lots of goals. To make a treble i would take Real 4/7 to top their group. Milan are there main rivals but without Kaka they look rubbish. :ok

I can't believe you signed him! I honestly think part of the reason was Ferguson trying to wind up the Liverpool fans! The pre-season odds of 10/12-1 on him finishing as top scorer were ludicrous. Even in his prime he never scored a huge amount of league goals, due to the fact he'd have dips in form and multiple injuries.
I am seemingly in a minority of United fans when I stand back and wonder why on earth we signed him. I've said it from the start - he can't run, he can't pass, he can't win a ball in the air, he can't hold up the ball, and he's proven lately (ignoring the splendid goal he scored against Wigan) that he can't hit the target anymore!! His movement off the ball is excellent but if that's all that's in his arsenal then I'm concerned. The best excuse I hear is "look at his goal record". A similar thing would be saying Liverpool are the best side in the league 'cause they dominated it in the 70's/80's. Past is past, present is now. I hope I'm wrong but I reckon Fergie has really made a mess with that signature. Hell, I'd rather give a starting role or bench spot to Welbeck or Macheda, both of which are looking really promising. The last thing they need is a crock in front of them!!

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 Group H: Heads up concerning Olympiacos! Olympiacos's opposition in Group H (Arsenal, Standard Liege and Alkmaar) was considered favourable by the Greek champions. Certainly, on paper Olympiacos matches up, at least, evenly with Standard and Alkmaar and therefore has, theoritcally, a chance at qualification into the next CL round. However, there are a few funny things going on at Olympiacos at the moment. Whispers started after Olympiacos' lackluster performance against Sheriff in the second match of that qualifying round. Olympiacos won both matches (0-2; 1-0), but the performance at George Karaiskaki stadium, in Piraeus, Greece, left a lot to be desired concerning the teams readiness. The whispers have become shouts after a 5-0 (!!) defeat to Ergotelis, a team from the second division. Olympiacos' fans (the most in Greece) and sports commentators in are seriously questioning Coach Timor Ketspayia. He is seriously criticised for forcing players to play in positions where they cannot be effective. Furthermore, he is being criticised for creating bad relations with certain players including Olympiacos' Argentine star, and top scorer, Galletti. People are already talking about the fact that changes may be on the horizon regarding the coach. Arguably, the next slip may mean the end for Timor. Given, that rumours indicate that he has not started in the best way with the players, one might start to wonder what kind of performance they will provide on 16 September against Alkmaar. Even with this aside, the relative lack of organisation that is apparent cannot bode well for Olympiacos' future. All this should be taken with a grain of salt. Very often, journalists will spin webs of intrigue in order to perpetuate interest in a story. Yet, the 5-0 embarrassment made the intrigue all the more real and could actually indicate trouble for the Greek Champions and their Coach. Just something to keep in mind when betting on Olympiacos v. Alkmaar on 16 September.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol lollllll,well,im new here..but ive been looking on ur tips,,,ive noticed how patriotic u r..u tipped shaktar to win..and u got a nice surprise..many people cursed u too on this forum..but u r back,though u told u will be away from that,rite.lolll now dynamo kiev...good job..
Uhh...Mahno said Dynamo Kiev would be "easy prey", indicating that they're going to be beaten easily...

Re: Uefa Champions League Groups 2009-2010 Well, firewin, Mahno wrote "Dynamo Kiev should be an easy pray this seson. I just hope they beat Rubin at least." Which part of this do you consider bad English / impossible to understand? Anyway, slaying other members of the forum is certainly NOT the best way to start in here. I'd say you owe Mahno an apology at least - and willing to see some tips by yourself before you offend the others.