In-running betting

Had a day off work today so I made full use of it by watching every race in-running (not betting) whilst watching the racing as you do :unsure Does anyone play in running? I understand that you can get faster pics etc but there seems to be similar patterns in most races, ie a drifter and two seconds after the horse has left the gate its a massive price when it has left the gate fine. Favourites that get well backed and then all of a sudden are down to 1.70 from 2.5 in a matter of seconds of the race starting, is this all just part of in running betting? What is everyone's views on in running betting, I like the idea that you can put a lay up to be taken in running. Does in running betting make racing more likely to be bent and therefore is it bad for racing?

Re: In-running betting Good subject Spooner:ok Personally, I don't bet in running but I'm pretty sure that many, many serious punters do. Again, it's about having an edge...seeing something live before others do. See the signs that a horse will weaken rather than wait until it begins to weaken, etc. It's pretty difficult unless you have a good stream. A 2 or 3 second delay makes all the difference. Same can be said for golf too...one good/bad shot or putt;) Does it make racing more bent? Distinctly possible but I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference. Racing is bent in many ways but I think the most predictable thing about the great sport is its unpredictability! This uncertainty helps serious punters IMO, another way of gaining an edge:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.