** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AFL Round 22

Re: AFL Round 22 ... Michael Roach in the 80's, Jezza ... Moreso that all these others seem to be conveniently overlooked ... I'm sure we'll have a new 'Mark Of The Century' before long :eyes ... must be bonus any commentator who can make one into a 'Mark Of The Century'. Oh, what the hec, I'm sticking to my guns! If it was Miss Universe, that one would be out in the first round! Who's head was it he fell on, anyway? That could help me change my mind. ;)

Re: AFL Round 22

They were a weakened squad IMO, jeffers. I wouldn't give up hope at all for next week. It was a good performance and special effort by Brisbane last night, but really, their form since mid season has been quite basic, when you analise it closely. Simon Black finished the game extremely proppy and with a couple of good changes at Carlton, I'm making it about evens. Enjoy the fight up and Brisbane night life, anyway :ok.
I happen to agree, mate. We're obviously better than that and Brisbane are very beatable, home or away. Just concerned that in the big games we capitulate. Like rabbits in the lights sometimes. Shame it didn't turn out Blues/Bombers at the G friday night, woulda been epic. But hey-ho. Yeah, I shall enjoy the Brisbane nightlife, off up there on the Thursday, may aswell make a long weekend of it :cheers Demons +51/Dogs +6 :ok

... Michael Roach in the 80's, Jezza ... Moreso that all these others seem to be conveniently overlooked ... I'm sure we'll have a new 'Mark Of The Century' before long :eyes ... must be bonus any commentator who can make one into a 'Mark Of The Century'. Oh, what the hec, I'm sticking to my guns! If it was Miss Universe, that one would be out in the first round! Who's head was it he fell on, anyway? That could help me change my mind. ;)
Collapsed all the way down on Thornton... :lol See, I'm a bit the opposite...I've always thought the Jezalenko (sp? :unsure) "You Beeauty" mark is amazingly over-rated. Big stage for sure, but nothing better than a good leap...much as Aaron Edwards' last night. :\ Btw, I was actually watching some of Miss Universe last week...and if you can understand it, you best let me know! The US had a chick from The Hills!! :lol (She was hot tho! :drums) Demons sneak home...well, don't fall over quite enough! :ok

See, I'm a bit the opposite...I've always thought the Jezalenko (sp? :unsure) "You Beeauty" mark is amazingly over-rated.
Agree, actually! These days we almost get one a week that's equivalent to the MOY back then. Same thing with the Jurrah (coaching box must have took him off SH? I was busy taking a :zzz) over the head. You'd get one a decade back then, and even that would be from the goal square, that they'd talk about for a week. Woof, woof - keep the good circle work going :hope.

Cooney scrambling from all the tacklers very much reminded me of night in 1982 when I was cornered by about fifteen blokes in the carpark of the Elsternwick hotel. :notworthy
lol. They were probably Collingwood players too... :lol What a win!! Sneak into 3rd by about .01% and get to face Geelong minus Steve Johnson, last years nemesis Max 'the filth' Rooke, and Chapman on one leg... ...surely!!! :unsure

Re: AFL Round 22 Here I go. Opening myself up to all the experts with 35 players who definitely should be in, but this is my 23. Obviously Roos won't be a hope in hell because that spot is never picked on careful thought. B O'Brien Lake R.Shaw

HB Boyd Goddard Dal Santo

C Goodes Judd Thompson

HF Higgins Riewoldt S.Johnson

F Rioli J.Brown Didak

R Sandilands Swan Ablett

I Jolly Porplyzia Pendlebury J.Selwood

Co Roos

Ca J.Brown

Here I go. Opening myself up to all the experts with 35 players who definitely should be in, but this is my 23. Obviously Roos won't be a hope in hell because that spot is never picked on careful thought. B O'Brien Lake R.Shaw

HB Boyd Goddard Dal Santo

C Goodes Judd Thompson

HF Higgins Riewoldt S.Johnson

F Rioli J.Brown Didak

R Sandilands Swan Ablett

I Jolly Porplyzia Pendlebury J.Selwood

Co Roos

Ca J.Brown

Think I would have Davis and Corey ahead of Higgins and Porps. Hmac had a good year as did Mitch Clark in the second half of the year. Not sold on O'Brien either.... Overall mate 9/10 :ok

Re: AFL Round 22 You sure are jumping about with the ol' thought processes tonight Ash! :unsure O'Brien isn't a hope in the world...R. Shaw isn't far behind...(or infront :lol) ..other than that...Mitch Clark on the bench instead of Jolly...Fev in for Porps (he did win the Coleman after all)... I doubt Higgins gets a run, fell away in the last 6 weeks (injury/soreness)...O'Keefe. I like your Boyd thinking, but doubt the 'selectors' will see it the same way...maybe Joel Corey, Enright...even Goodwin. Montagna in the middle over Judd. Thompson to the back pocket and Swan onto the wing. A couple of real smokeys I suspect, are Scott McMahon (for one of those back pocket spots) and Sherman. ;) (although not sure how or where...) How's that? :\ Mind you, "All Australian Form", is the new "Mark of the Century" :lol

Think I would have Davis and Corey ahead of Higgins and Porps. Hmac had a good year as did Mitch Clark in the second half of the year. Not sold on O'Brien either.... Overall mate 9/10 :ok
Yeah Davis unlucky. Corey too, but some serious scoring power with Higgins, Porps IMO. Do any books run a market on this? I want to back O'Brien. No challengers on Roos, huh? :lol Yeah, probably most coaches in the eight have genuine claims, but I just rate him one top few, full stop.

Btw' date=' I was actually watching some of Miss Universe last week...and if you can understand it, you best let me know! The US had a chick from The Hills!! :lol (She was hot tho! :drums)[/quote'] Hmmm ... I prefer my women w/o plastic. And that includes credit cards :rollin

You sure are jumping about with the ol' thought processes tonight Ash! :unsure O'Brien isn't a hope in the world...R. Shaw isn't far behind...(or infront :lol) ..other than that...Mitch Clark on the bench instead of Jolly...Fev in for Porps (he did win the Coleman after all)... I doubt Higgins gets a run, fell away in the last 6 weeks (injury/soreness)...O'Keefe. I like your Boyd thinking, but doubt the 'selectors' will see it the same way...maybe Joel Corey, Enright...even Goodwin. Montagna in the middle over Judd. Thompson to the back pocket and Swan onto the wing. A couple of real smokeys I suspect, are Scott McMahon (for one of those back pocket spots) and Sherman. ;) (although not sure how or where...) How's that? :\ Mind you, "All Australian Form", is the new "Mark of the Century" :lol
Clark - considered, unlucky. Higgins - should we allow for injury issues late season? Yeah, Enright a strong smokey for defence. Sherman, I did give a thought. Shaw, probably won't get a nod, but I'll stick with him. You'll note I did pick Roos and his 'No DH's' policy - Brownie would have won Coleman if he played FF, wouldn't he? Thinking (pick a side to win) and they may run it out too easy with both Brown & Fev - OK, Fev most unlucky, but IMO he has some bad habit games - I'm sticking with leaving him out.