** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August @willpetrol Timisoara are a decent side who I believe sent out Shaktar Donetsk in the previous qualification round, so you never know. In the first leg, Stuttgart scored twice in the space of three minutes, and the home side never came to terms with that shock. Personally I don't think that the 2-0 result in that game should suggest a difference in class between the two sides. In reality I'd say that they are quite even. So yes, perhaps there might be a little value in laying Stuttgart, but I would keep stakes low if I were you.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August

@willpetrol Timisoara are a decent side who I believe sent out Shaktar Donetsk in the previous qualification round, so you never know. In the first leg, Stuttgart scored twice in the space of three minutes, and the home side never came to terms with that shock. Personally I don't think that the 2-0 result in that game should suggest a difference in class between the two sides. In reality I'd say that they are quite even. So yes, perhaps there might be a little value in laying Stuttgart, but I would keep stakes low if I were you.
Shaktar donetsk are through to the champions league so i dont know how timisoara put them out in the last round???? Stutgart will win but as you say there is no value in the price...

Shaktar donetsk are through to the champions league so i dont know how timisoara put them out in the last round???? Stutgart will win but as you say there is no value in the price...
haha thats a good one

Yeah' date=' but the BBC notes the humidity in Nicosia as 29%. The humidity in Copenhagen is 55% today....:eyes[/quote'] exactly, the weather conditions are perfect for this time of year so, no high temperature, no humidity will play any role tonight besides, humidity is so low, that you dont even feel it at all my bet here is : UNDER 2.5 GOALS, as psychic said, i agree with him, wait to see the under here

Poli Timisoara DID put Shaktar out i the last round and are quiet a decent team... Shaktar ARE not in the champions league Last night they qualified for the EUROPA league

@willpetrol Timisoara are a decent side who I believe sent out Shaktar Donetsk in the previous qualification round, so you never know. In the first leg, Stuttgart scored twice in the space of three minutes, and the home side never came to terms with that shock. Personally I don't think that the 2-0 result in that game should suggest a difference in class between the two sides. In reality I'd say that they are quite even. So yes, perhaps there might be a little value in laying Stuttgart, but I would keep stakes low if I were you.
Correct... :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August arsenal V Celtic Some Great Markets On This Game Tonight With Goalscorer Options. A Few Seem To Think Wilshere Or Eduardo. The One I Like The Look Of Is Diaby, He Has Been Playing Great And Grabbing Some Great Goals, Was Not A Certainty To Start But Now Fabregas Is Out He Should Get The Nod, 4/1 To Score At Any Time Is Mouth Wattering And If He Does Not Start You Will Get Your Money Back.....

THis is funny stuff.... I cant believe a team this poor has got so far Tamirosa are not worth backing trust me. I watched them against Shakter D.. and there was a huge class differnce between those two sides. Shakter D, were not upto full speed and they totally underestimated the sheer shitness of this team, the difference was visible on the pitch and TImorasa just Defended 100% in both legs, and managed to score 2 goals on the counter against Shakter D totally against the run of play.. If anyone could call this team good then they dont know much about football. A very defensive unit indeed, and when they entice the opposition into their penalty box, they then belt the ball up the field past the defenders and send 2 strikers after it and hopefully catch the defenders out.. Thats there only strength, sticking 10men behind the ball then booting it up the pitch. They are trailing 2-0 in this tie, and they have no chance here of getting a good result from this match. My only fear is that they will defend all game and not even try coming out to attack, and it ends 0-0 as they dont know how to play any other way. But i think Timoraso have to come out of ultra defensive mode and try and attack if they want a realistic chance of scoring. THey will get trashed if they try and play football against Stuttgart and thats what they have to do.... THis should be a home win by a few goals. Stuttgart are a top side, and they are playing against a team of a lot lower standard..... I doubt that the Germans will mess around

THis is funny stuff.... I cant believe a team this poor has got so far Tamirosa are not worth backing trust me. I watched them against Shakter D.. and there was a huge class differnce between those two sides. Shakter D, were not upto full speed and they totally underestimated the sheer shitness of this team, the difference was visible on the pitch and TImorasa just Defended 100% in both legs, and managed to score 2 goals on the counter against Shakter D totally against the run of play.. If anyone could call this team good then they dont know much about football. A very defensive unit indeed, and when they entice the opposition into their penalty box, they then belt the ball up the field past the defenders and send 2 strikers after it and hopefully catch the defenders out.. Thats there only strength, sticking 10men behind the ball then booting it up the pitch. They are trailing 2-0 in this tie, and they have no chance here of getting a good result from this match. My only fear is that they will defend all game and not even try coming out to attack, and it ends 0-0 as they dont know how to play any other way. But i think Timoraso have to come out of ultra defensive mode and try and attack if they want a realistic chance of scoring. THey will get trashed if they try and play football against Stuttgart and thats what they have to do.... THis should be a home win by a few goals. Stuttgart are a top side, and they are playing against a team of a lot lower standard..... I doubt that the Germans will mess around
They may not score a lot of goals but to say their are "****" is rubbish. Early days yet in Romania but they do sit second and that puts them above Steaua, Rapid and Dinamo Bucharest and also above Cluj. Poli rely on a strong defence and scoring on the break and have done so for a while (Its just their style of play).

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August I think we have a chance of getting a positive result tonight down in London. Its very nearly mission impossible after the typical bad luck went against us last week but you just never know, overall I think Arsenal are way too short at 1/3, a ridiculous price.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Fiorentina vs Sporting Lisbon First match was like goal duel and ended 2-2. There are some possibilities for 2nd leg. All possibilities are about score advantage. Fiorentina 1 - Sporting 0 (during the match) Fiorentina will get a defensive form and try to defend Sporting attacks.And with counter attacks can score 1 or 2 goals more If Fiorentina 0 - Sporting 1 (during match) Score advantage is now turning to Sporting Lisbon by winning so Fiorentina will strike to get at least 1-1 draw if score 1-1 Sporting must score 1 goal to qualify so S.Lisbon will be again attacking side.If that score is like at last 10 minutes.Then we can see gung ho play by Lisbon. fiorentina 2 - Sporting 0 now there match goes on over. fiorentina 0 - Sporting 2 Now i see again pressure of fiorentina supporters over both teams.Ball will see net at these low quality reviews i can say that game will go over and over and over... my pick Over 2,5 goals

and for what its worth, Im on them @ 14.5 on betdaq.
I admire your courage soldier but Would you by any chance be Romanian ? I dont want to sound arrogant here, but I cannot find any logic why anyone would put their Cash down and back them against a team like Stuttgart in Germany..

I think Wilshere is very unlikely to start tonight. But i assume you get your money back if he doesn't so worth a go I suppose.
I'd advise to wait until you see the lineup as if he comes on with even 1 minute to play, the thieving Bstards will rob your dosh.

I fully agree with Spooner, but 2,25 with bet365 for Over 3 Goals is good enough to me. 4/10 = 8 UNITS. GL
Mate if you don't mind me asking, assuming 4/10 means you think it will come in 4/10 times), why are you betting on it at 2.25? That price at that probability makes it a losing bet Maybe I've misread your meaning.

I admire your courage soldier but Would you by any chance be Romanian ? I dont want to sound arrogant here, but I cannot find any logic why anyone would put their Cash down and back them against a team like Stuttgart in Germany..
If I was going to back against a side from one of the bigger footballing nations in Europe, it would be against a German side because they're generally the most unreliable when they're favourites. Their record in the Champs League proves that. That said, I can't support this backing of Poli Timisoara. They're a decent side but don't have the ability to get a result here. Yes, they're above an average Rapid Bucharest side, a largely troubled Dinamo Bucharest side, and two heavyweights in Steaua Bucharest and CFR Cluj that have not started properly yet, but it's early season. I'll be more impressed if they finish the season above the majority of those sides! My bet on this game would be home win and over 2.5 goals. Timisoara may score but I don't think they'll get a result. Good luck all

Stuttgart are WAY better than Poli mate. The only thing is that they might already see themselves through, send out a 'B' team or go through the motions. If their first team is out and they are up for it, Poli don't stand much of a chance.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August You say that you dont think German sides are the most reliable. What do you base this on. They certainly play to there maximum strength in Europe, They always put their best teams out.. This is Champions league football at stake here. I dont think any team will be fielding weakened teams tonight either. I think Stuttgart will win, and Olympiakos will win easily.. Dangerous games tonight are Arsenal/Celtic, Fiorentina/Sporting, Opoal/FCK...

Lol, you still sound as bitter as me about that result!! Shakhtar also hit the bar 3 times I think in that match, but it seems a long time ago now..reading the report on the game last week, seems Stutt had a good few chances before the goals went in and although Timis had some opportunities in the second half they were pretty comfortable, for what its worth I pretty much agree with gaygambler..the comments above may sound a bit bitter and one-sided but to be honest they are pretty much accurate!! They just stick a load of men behind the ball and look to counter attack maybe 3 times a half..they are very good at the back although I know they have their captain and another player suspended tonight..its funny how you always remember the games you lost major money rather than the games you win major money, remember that Shakhtar game like it was last night even though i've had a fair bit of success since :lol

APOEL v FC Kobenhavn Jumping on the OVER 2.5 @ 2.3 . Cant beleave the odds. Neither of the two is some defensive power and it is hard to play in the heat and moisture in Nikosia.
IMO and my bet is over 2,5 because both team will scored:clap

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August I took under 2.5 in Stutgart v Timisoara just minutes before the game at @2.40. I think romanias will defend while Stutgart will be relaxed after 2-0 away lead so could be same game as against Shakhtar-many chances but boring 0-0.

You say that you dont think German sides are the most reliable. What do you base this on. They certainly play to there maximum strength in Europe' date=' They always put their best teams out.. This is Champions league football at stake here. I dont think any team will be fielding weakened teams tonight either. I think Stuttgart will win, and Olympiakos will win easily.. Dangerous games tonight are Arsenal/Celtic, Fiorentina/Sporting, Opoal/FCK...[/quote'] I say they're unreliable based upon their performances in European competition over the past few years. Examples: Schalke 04 vs Manchester City. Schalke are the better side in this game, they're at home, and still managed to lose 0-2 to a poor Manchester City squad. Bayern Munich vs Zenit St.Petersburg. Hosts were rightfully favourites to win the home tie as they had a better squad and were hosting poor travellers. They drew 1-1 and lost the return leg 4-0. Hamburger SV vs FC Zurich. Hosts are the better side and favourites to win but managed to draw 0-0. VFB Stuttgart vs Cherno More Varna. The hosts were easily the better of these two sides on paper and favourites to win. They drew 2-2. Werder Bremen vs Olympiakos Piraeus. The hosts were favourites not because there was too much between the two squads but because Olympiakos, like most Greek sides, have a poor away record in Europe. The result was 1-3. Bayern Munich vs Getafe. Hosts were the better side and favourites but drew 1-1. Schalke 04 vs APOEL Nicosia. At the time, the Cypriots weren't a match for Schalke 04 despite their impressive run. They're still not capable. However, the result here was 1-1 despite Schalke 04 being favourites. VFB Stuttgart vs Zenit St.Petersburg. The hosts had lost the first leg 2-1 in Russia. Against poor travellers and a side they were capable of getting a result against, they lost 1-2. Aberdeen vs Bayern Munich. The Scottish sides are not in the same league as most sides in Europe because they're not good enough. The Germans were favourite and rightfully so. The result was 2-2. Werder Bremen vs Anorthosis Famagusta. The hosts played a semi-decent Cypriot side that any well-organised outfit would beat. The result was 0-0. Hamburger SV vs Unirea Urziceni. Hosts are the better side and were favourites but managed to draw 0-0. Bayern Munich vs Bolton Wanderers. Home side were favourites against one of the worst sides in the English Premier League. Result was 2-2. Hamburger SV vs Basel. Home side are favourites because they're better but managed to draw 1-1. Whereas I'm not saying German sides are without ability (because that would be incredibly stupid) what I am saying is that they're pretty unreliable. Sometimes they'll manage to get the result they should but logic tells you that the favourites should win the games they're expected to win more often than they fail to. Good luck all.

Eduardo 11/8 anytime scorer looks good. Hopefully he should get 90 minutes tonight and he's probably the most clinical finisher in the Premiership in my opinion.
Dived for the penalty but a winners a winner :ok