** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August

Anderlecht - Lyon over 2.5 @ 1.79 (pinnacle) Lyon smashes Anderlecht 5-1 in the first leg and should progress through to the next round. Anderlecht are playing for pride and they should lift here but still can't disguise the fact that their defence was shredded in the first game. Like the look of both teams scoring here while it should be open enough for a third goal to be scored Zurich -1.5 @ 1.84 (pinnacle) Zurich won the first game 3-0 and they should have won by a few more goals. They will look forward now to completing the job on home turf as qualification beckons and they can't afford a slip up here. Doubt that will happen and looks like another comfortable win against the Latvians who's defence was shocking in the first leg Athletico Madrid - Panathinaikos over 2.5 @ 1.63 (pinnacle) Athletico lead 3-2 after the first leg with both teams quite attacking in their approach and with both sets of defences found wanting. Panathinaikos need to win by at least 2 goals here so they should be going for goals from the outset while Athletico can afford to be patient and hit them on the counter. Both sides have shown they are loaded with good attacking players so this should be an open game with plenty of chances and hopefully goals. Maccabi Haifa - Salzburg over 2.5 @ 1.84 (pinnacle) Maccabi lead 2-1 after the first leg and deserved their win but they come into this game without a good defender in Keinan. Salzburg know they need to score at least two goals to go through so this should be quite an open game as they did go to Zagreb and win there 2-1, so they have done it before. But Maccabi will be playing in front of their home crowd and know that they are in the box seat and a couple go goals here will secure their passage through. Should be some goals here. Debrecen - Levski Sofia over 2.5 @ 2.04 (pinnacle) Even though Debrecen won 2-1 away, Levski Sofia were a bit unfortunate they didn't get at least a draw from that game with the chances they had. They now need at least two goals from this game. Debrecen will be content to hit them on the counter and showed they can do that in the first leg, so there is a possibility that this game will be very similarly played as the first leg with hopefully, the same amount of goals. Even if Debrecen score, Levski know that two goals will get them at least into extra time, so they will push on but it will leave gaps in their defence
@ BLACKCROW It looks nice, my kind of bets, Overs all over, even the Zurich line you are suggesting is close to Over 2,5 goals. Hope you do a full house this time, I only need 3 out of these. NOTHING TO ADD HERE :ok BOL

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the probelm with this is Lyon are already through and Anderlecht are too far behind to have a realistic chance of making a come back. I tend to stick with teams that still have something to play for. As such Arsenal v Celtic looks a decent bet for a few goals as Celtic will attack, leaving themselves open.
Bit of an after thought, but valid none the less..... These Qualification rounds have produced pretty decent high scoring 2nd legs following a drubbing handed out by Team A to Team B. Games where there is a clear class difference have often followed the same trend in the 2nd leg.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August i fancy that Fiorentina schould win today.Sporting have some important players injured: Out: Felipe Caicedo (knee), Marat Izmailov (tendinitis), Hélder Postiga (thigh) Suspended: Simon Vukčević ( uefa.com - info) and olympiakos schould win, but ofcourse no value just 1.23 but if we combine with VIOLA then its around 2.15 it not bad.. + i think WBA schould win against Rotherham...

Event Suttgart - Timisoara
Selection Timisoara 0 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 5/10
Date 26/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 9.87 (Back)
Reasoning Timisoara played well in the first match. They are very good on crosses and they have a good squad available for this game. In the first game they had to use Magera instead of Winston Parks (injured). Now Winston Parks is back and he is to give his team a plus of speed. Magera was really poor in the first game missing some incredible ocasions (pathetic headers). Stuttgart was lucky in the first game scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes first from a very doubtfull penalty and second after a moment of genius from Hleb. Timisoara just played away to Unirea(the champions) and dominated the whole match creating a lot of scoring opportunities with a team that is not their first. Now they have back some regular first team players and they are stronger. Karamyan is missing but Latovlevici is to replace him (and he is a good player too). Coach Sabau is a very ambitious person and very good at what he is doing, so I am expecting some fight from Timisoara and why not a win here. Stuttgart are really no major European team. They come from Bundesliga(not among best championsips) and they're not even very strong there. They are bellow teams like HSV, Bayern, Wolfsburg. They still have a lot of injuries and maybe a superiority atitude that might just cost them. Timisoara very underestimated here so I must bet on them.

Arsenal v Celtic26.08.09 / 19:45
Apoel Nicosia v FC Copenhagen26.08.09 / 19:45
Fiorentina v Sporting26.08.09 / 19:45
Olympiakos v FC Sheriff26.08.09 / 19:45
Stuttgart v FC Timisoara26.08.09 / 19:45
any suggestions on these games lads?
At what point are you going to realise that people are getting REALLY ANNOYED at your constant begging !:@ Why don't you spend some time looking out for information then post your thoughts on here rather than being lazy and asking for help in EVERY thread you post in.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August APOEL-FC Copenhagen Away win on the level ball looks like the best option by far and here is why: Many people in Cyprus are starting to rely too much on their so-called hot ground and the GSP stadium, basing it all on the performance vs. Partizan. However, Partizan`s players didn`t fear that hot ground and they just failed to perform under horribly tough weather conditions. It`s almost been one month since that match and now the weather is not as humid and hot at nights as it was back then, so I don`t expect FCK`s players to be having problems in that aspect. There is no doubt APOEL`s players are gonna want to attack from the start, but they basically created two or three chances against Partizan at home, and scored two goals on the headers from set pieces. FCK`s surely won`t allow such amateur mistakes, and since the Scandinavians are a lot more quality side, with totally better technique and skills, I don`t expect to see any problems for this experienced side. APOEL might be experienced only in terms of age, as all of their players are really old and slow and I don`t see them as any kind of threat for the ambitious Copenhagen`s side in this match. As a matter of fact, the visitors should definitely be rated as bigger favs here and I believe the bookies will realize that mistake after tonight`s match. I will of course go for the safer option and try AW on the level ball, but for the more courageous ones, I`d also recommend a straight away win. GL.

APOEL-FC Copenhagen Away win on the level ball looks like the best option by far and here is why: Many people in Cyprus are starting to rely too much on their so-called hot ground and the GSP stadium, basing it all on the performance vs. Partizan. However, Partizan`s players didn`t fear that hot ground and they just failed to perform under horribly tough weather conditions. It`s almost been one month since that match and now the weather is not as humid and hot at nights as it was back then, so I don`t expect FCK`s players to be having problems in that aspect. There is no doubt APOEL`s players are gonna want to attack from the start, but they basically created two or three chances against Partizan at home, and scored two goals on the headers from set pieces. FCK`s surely won`t allow such amateur mistakes, and since the Scandinavians are a lot more quality side, with totally better technique and skills, I don`t expect to see any problems for this experienced side. APOEL might be experienced only in terms of age, as all of their players are really old and slow and I don`t see them as any kind of threat for the ambitious Copenhagen`s side in this match. As a matter of fact, the visitors should definitely be rated as bigger favs here and I believe the bookies will realize that mistake after tonight`s match. I will of course go for the safer option and try AW on the level ball, but for the more courageous ones, I`d also recommend a straight away win. GL.
Yes, I agree with you mate! APOEL - Copenhagen: Copenhagen Win @ 2.90 (Canbet) 10/10 Although the Danish league isn't one of the most competitive leagues in Europe, it is of better quality than the Cypriot League. I believe the 1-0 Copenhagin win in the first match is deceiving. It makes these two teams appear a lot closer than they are. APOEL basically parked the bus in Copenhagen and aimed at the draw or a lucky 0-1 score. They didn't get it and lost 0-1. Now they have to attack and get a goal/s and this will leave their slow defense vulnerable to Copenhagen's counter attack's. Finally, APOEL hasn't played many official games since the Cypriot League hasn't started. Copenhagen is already into its 7th week and the team should be in better order than APOEL. Good odds, I think on Copenhagen here...

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Apoel Nicosia v FC København With the backing of 20,000 traditionally fierce supporters Apoel will be looking to turn around the 0-1 defeat in Copenhagen. Last season they won every single home game in the domestic league, so they are accustomed to winning on their own turf. However, as it only takes a single goal for them to equalise the overall score and take this tie into extra time, I feel that Apoel won't come out blazing all guns from the kick-off. Likewise, FC København are in no hurry to threaten the Cypriotic goal but will undoubtedly have an eye on the defense and try to catch Apoel on the break. Therefore, in my opinion, this looks to be a tactical game with few goals. In an otherwise evenly-looking game, my bet will be under 2.5 goals.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Pooel Nicosia v FC K.. FCK are very strong at home, although i didnt back them in the first leg (Short Price), i excpected them to win. I expect FCk to be going through as they are the better side here, the Under does seem the most probable outcome at the moment, but its very difficult to predict Unders and Overs in 2 legged ties, as Team strategies can change drastically. I personally expect to see FCK score tonight, as an away goal is crucial. THe Home team needs to attack and score in this game, so its going to be different to the first leg, we could see more goals. FCK wil have more chances and if FCk score, they can actualy afford to lose 2-1 and still go through, So i think its risky betting on 1x2 in this match as its going to be very close... on this game im going simply for FCK to score at 1.39 Stuttgart v Poli This game is a nailed on Stuttgart win. odds are poor yes, Stuttgart won 2 nil away, do you think they will just sit back and ride it out, they will be looking to wrap it up quickly. Kill the game dead early on, and i honestly cannot see Poli scoring. They will have to attack in this game form the off, so they wont be able to hide and stick 10men behind the ball. Poli are a very poor side, and rely on counter attack play, they cannot sit back tonight though, and will have to come out of their shell and attack.. Stuttgart will trash Poli here tonight, and the only way Poli will score is if Stuttgart become complacent and ease off the gas. My predictions are Stuttgart to win to [email protected].. Stuttgart -1.0&-1.5 @ 1.58

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.21 (pinnacle) Despite not playing all that well in Glasgow, Arsenal still managed to beat Celtic 2-0 in the first leg and now they are at home against a side that needs to scored at least two goals. This will be to the home team's advantange as they have quite a few players who can mke the most of this. Their defence coped pretty easily with what Celtic had to offer while their midfield showed they have too much class for their opposition despite having played better in other games. While they have a tough game coming up against Man Utd, they will look to ensure they qualify here so they will not take this game for granted. If as expected they are up at least two goals, then some of the younger player will come on, but these youngsters have shown in the past that they have the talent to do well at this level. Fiorentina -1 (EH) @ 3.10 (pinnacle) Fioentina are in the box seat with 2 away goals here, as they finished 2-2 in Lisbon, but with Sporting missing several of their players from the first leg, they will need to go on the attack from the start to get a goal they need. This should play into the home team's hands as they have the talented players of the like of Mutu who can score goals. Olympiacos - Sheriff Tiraspol under 2.5 @ 2.19 (pinnacle) Olympiacos cruised to a 2-0 away win and should be able to qualify from here on. They have won all three of their CL qualifiers by the same scoreline of 2-0, so they have yet to conceded a goal and doubt they will here. As for Sheriff Tiraspol, they have gone under in each of their 5 qualifiers, scoring 2 and conceding 3 goals in these games. They are sound defensively but they lack the cutting edge up front. Olympiacos will be keen to play it pretty tight as there is no need to force the issue here, so look to a game that gets played out with lack of appeal for goals to be scored. Stuttgart - Politehnica Timisoara under 2.5 @ 2.37 (pinnacle) Stuttgart lead 2-0 from the first leg and can thank Hleb for putting them in this situation but are likely to be without him for this game. Without him, their offence lacks punch and they may be willing to play a conservative game to portect their lead. As for Timisoara they have several players out injured or suspsended so they are against it from the start, and doubt they can cause enough problems to get back in these qualifiers with two goals. Can see a low scoring game here

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Arsenal v Celtic - Over 4.5 Goals @ 4/1 Paddy Power Fancy this to be an open game tonight, Celtic must come here and score 3 at least if they want to progress, 2 would see them into extra time with a clean sheet but I can't see them keeping Arsenal out for 90 minutes, pushing forward could be dangerous against this Arsenal side and they may open Celtic up at will, there should be plenty of chances for 5 goals or more it will be just upto the players to take them.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Eduardo 11/8 anytime scorer looks good. Hopefully he should get 90 minutes tonight and he's probably the most clinical finisher in the Premiership in my opinion.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Apoel Nicosia v FC København @thegaygambler I agree with you that it's almost impossible to pick a 1X2 bet in this match, but in my opinion this is mostly because it's difficult to know how Apoel will react or if they can react at all. In the past we've often seen that Cypriotic sides are like night & day depending on whether they play at home or away. Apoel clearly weren't any good in the first leg, but this could be either down to their chosen tactics in that match or simply lack of class. However, they didn't allow FC København many open chances in that match, which suggests to me that their defense may be their strongest asset. This is also why I predict under 2.5 goals tonight as traditionally FC København don't score many away goals either. Adding to that they'll have to do without their most prolific striker, Cesar Santin, who is injured. That too doesn't point towards many goals from the away team tonight.

Wilshere if he starts is good value at 4/1 Whill. In good scoring form and has an eye for goal.
I think Wilshere is very unlikely to start tonight. But i assume you get your money back if he doesn't so worth a go I suppose.

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August Fiorentina - Sporting Lisbon: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.88 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Fiorentina host Sporting with a good advantage after the 2-2 draw in the first match. Clearly, they are in a commanding position to qualify for the lucrative CL group stage. Sporting, apparently, is in a bad state at the moment with noteworthy internal problems. Sporting isn't going to lie down and lose, but I don't think they will have it on them to get anything in this match. The 0-0 and 1-1 draws give qualification to Fiorentina. A quick goal on either side may see the game lock up similar to the Atletico Madrid - Panathinaikos match and lead to under 2.5 goals. Overall, I see Fiorentina as being very careful and Sporting not really having it in them to go after the win and qualification. The chances for the draw are actually high, I think, but Sporting's state at the moment puts me off any result that finds them getting anything out of this. As a result, I'm going with the under 2.5 goals wager.

Well Nicosia is not easy away for Copenhagen tonight.Both teams will challenge against like 35 C + degrees tonight.Hot weather can make some sense over teams.
I don't think it's going to be 35 degrees tonight. The match will be played at 21:45 Nicosia time. The BBC has the daytime high temp for Nicosia at 36 degrees and the nightime low at 19 degrees. I think we'll have a comfortable temp. in the 20s.....

I don't think it's going to be 35 degrees tonight. The match will be played at 21:45 Nicosia time. The BBC has the daytime high temp for Nicosia at 36 degrees and the nightime low at 19 degrees. I think we'll have a comfortable temp. in the 20s.....
humidity is the point mate.

Arsenal v Celtic - Over 4.5 Goals @ 4/1 Paddy Power Fancy this to be an open game tonight, Celtic must come here and score 3 at least if they want to progress, 2 would see them into extra time with a clean sheet but I can't see them keeping Arsenal out for 90 minutes, pushing forward could be dangerous against this Arsenal side and they may open Celtic up at will, there should be plenty of chances for 5 goals or more it will be just upto the players to take them.
I fully agree with Spooner, but 2,25 with bet365 for Over 3 Goals is good enough to me. 4/10 = 8 UNITS. GL

Re: Uefa Champions League Play Off 2nd Leg 25/26 August have taken a parlay/double (whatever you may call it) on Olympiacos and then Fiorentina (draw no bet). Olympiacos play at home to a poor sheriff team while fiorentina got away goals already and are at home now as well and should be able to snag a goal. always fancy the at home side in european competition as it's a mountain to climb for the away side. was tempted to punt on the arsenal match but did not.