** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa Lge (20/08/2009)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Europa Lge (20/08/2009) This is a ****ing disgrace! The referee disclaimed at least 2 penalty kicks for Sigma Olomouc. What a shame! It should be atleast 3:1, the 3:0 result is an absolute rubbish...anyway, Sigma couldnt get past Everton even with 3:3 result, so its really not so important..but still, I paid so much for second leg in Olomouc, i hope Moyes wont send some youngsters to it, I wanna see Howard!:)

Re: Europa Lge (20/08/2009)

Benfica v Vorskla (1) Benfica look solid at home.Was watching game on Sunday and they were very unlucky not to win it,they had so many chances(also missed penalty).They play very offencive football. Vorskla is new to Europe(Only played in Europe 3 times.Last time in 2000.Won 6,Lost 5,draw 3).They won Ukraine Cup last season,beating Shakhtar in final.Very defencive team.They had very hard cup match last Saturday at home,wich they lost after extra time.Players feel tired and i don't think they will have time to recover for Benfica match. I believe after all money Benfica spent this summer they will want to win anything this season and this match is a perfect start for them.I'm sure they will try to score as many goals as possible so they can feel comfortable in second leg. Odds on home win are very short so i'm going with: Benfica to win by 2 or more goals 8/13 :hope GL :ok
4-0 FT :dude Very good day for me,very good :beer:nana:beer

There are three picks I’m going with tonight.

Guingamp v Hamburg – 1 @ 2.

Guingamp play in the French 2nd Division and only qualified for the Europa league through winning the French Cup. A great achievement in itself no doubt, but today against an offensive frontline, I think they will experience problems. Hamburg started the season well by beating Dortmund 4-1. Guingamp have only scored 1 goal in 2 games so far. Class difference should be too much, and I also think that like the previous round, Hamburg will be looking to put this tie to bed early.

Dinamo Zagreb – 1 @ 1.75 v Hearts.

Scottish sides are notoriously poor away from home in Europe and I don’t believe that Hearts are capable of achieving a positive result here. Scottish football is in a bit of a slump generally. Zagreb have been in lethal form at the start of their season; knocking goals in for fun. Hearts started poorly in their only competitive fixture of the season; losing 2-0 to a Dundee United side I consider to be poorer opposition. Zagreb were unlucky to lose out in the Champions League qualifiers.

Fulham – 1.5 @ 1.80 v Amkar Perm.

Fulham destroyed FK Vetra in the previous qualifying round 6-0, and got the season off to a winning start by beating Pompey 1-0 at the weekend. Conceding no goals against decent opposition in 3 games is a pretty decent achievement, especially at this stage of the season. I think Roy Hodgson has made Fulham solid at the back, whilst at the same time a real threat going forward. Damien Duff should make his debut tonight after signing from Newcastle. Amkar Perm qualified for the Europa League last season through finishing 4th; however their form has dropped off this season. They currently sit 13th in the league after 18 games. Fulham should be able to see off their Russian opponents here quite comfortably.

Thanks dude :cheers Nice one.I wish betting would be always so easy :tongue2

Shaktars price has droped from 6/4 on tues to odds on with b 365. I think they are a good thing @ 1/1 most firms. Sivs are in pretty dire form and only beat Anderlech playing a B team in the 2nd leg. Shanktar made a rickett in not going further in the CL and hammered to teams in their own league after their exit. A line through the form (Lyon 5 Ander 1) book gives Shanktar huge change Shanktar @ 1/1 Shanktar -1 AH
I think Shakhtar were 5/2 -1 on the AH. Great call:clap

:lol when ever Arsenal are playing would be nice
I would but with my side's apparent ability to lose to Burnley, I'm hesitant to give points to any of our rivals, which, based upon last night's performance, includes Stoke and Portsmouth!!

I would but with my side's apparent ability to lose to Burnley' date=' I'm hesitant to give points to [i']any of our rivals, which, based upon last night's performance, includes Stoke and Portsmouth!!
Don't blame you there Bit harsh on Stoke though, lumping them in the same category as United and Portsmouth :tongue2

Impressive high score I went just for straight wins as sometimes they don't cover the line, but this was impressive and if with straight wins was like a 3 odd, with AH it could have skyrocket. I think the return legs will be a mix of high and low scoring, due to mix answer for the lossing sides on this round, some could go out to look for the impossible, meanwhile others will be please to take a good result in the away fixture.

hello every1 this is my first add therefore I am just going to ask for your opinion on Ajax and show u my ticket 4 2day here is my ticket, this time I am going with 5 teams Benfica wins Ajax to win Hamburg to win Dinamo Zg. to win Everton to win gl every1
Nice and easy money

Re: Europa Lge (20/08/2009) I know I didnt contribute to this thread and Im not after eventing or anything...well maybe I am a bit...had Werder -1, Gala -1 and Dinamo Z -1..just cant remember a night of euro football that was so predictable! Few shocks and if you went heavy on the big favourites with handicaps you cleaned up..dont know why people are betting on eng or european leagues this early in the season, too unpredictable..for me these euro qualificaion games are far more reliable as a money making tool...just my thoughts like..