** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009)

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Celtic are far better than Birmingham and/or Wolves, that is just a blinkered opinion from a southerner yet again. Arsenal got lucky tonight simple as that and we all seen that. Celtic never looked like scoring but either did Arsenal until they were handed 2 goals on a plate, and a rightful result would have been 0-0 as both teams were poor.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009)

With the above debate. Surely we all have our own views on what "value" prices are? To person A, the value may lie @ 2.5, but person B may see 2.0 in actual fact as value, and the 2.5 is a steal. All about individual perceptions and opinions surely?
Totally correct, there are many shades of grey but there comes a point where there are clearly right and wrong answers though. There wasn't a debate about if 2.0 was value, but if Arsenal would win. Clearly there should be a price at which any team should be backed or laid. A lot of people don't see it though, and that is what came across on this thread. A lot of people will tell you, why on earth would I bet on a team I think will lose regardless of the price. These people are fools and long term losers. Although they can do well over the short term. That is the point that JJ (a quite under rated sports betor in my book :clap) was trying to make when he said that he didn't think someone was a long term winner.

Celtic are far better than Birmingham and/or Wolves, that is just a blinkered opinion from a southerner yet again. Arsenal got lucky tonight simple as that and we all seen that. Celtic never looked like scoring but either did Arsenal until they were handed 2 goals on a plate, and a rightful result would have been 0-0 as both teams were poor.
I could say something similar about you mate, being apparently based further North than myself, but I won't...... Celtic's signings this season have been Fortune, who was wanted by Hull (Another bottom EPL side) and Danny Fox from Coventry. Very good signings I'm sure, but I made the assessment based on an unbiased view of their financial budget and in terms of their squad capabilities. I'm sure you would compare them to Barcelona, but I watch alot of football, and Celtic lack real quality where it matters. As do Rangers for that matter, just to even things up.

Unbelieveable luck.... just unbeleiveable' date=' the referee has given these bastards everything aswell. You couldn't make it up.[/quote'] Except when he brought Fabregas down through on goal. They reason Arsenal kept getting free kicks was because you kept fouling them, you were quite lucky tonight though, Arsenal were miles below what they are capable of. I dont think too many of your players would get into the Birmingham or Wolves team. Even I was surprised at how poor Celtic were, I thought you were better than that.

Totally correct, there are many shades of grey but there comes a point where there are clearly right and wrong answers though. There wasn't a debate about if 2.0 was value, but if Arsenal would win. Clearly there should be a price at which any team should be backed or laid. A lot of people don't see it though, and that is what came across on this thread. A lot of people will tell you, why on earth would I bet on a team I think will lose regardless of the price. These people are fools and long term losers. Although they can do well over the short term. That is the point that JJ (a quite under rated sports betor in my book :clap) was trying to make when he said that he didn't think someone was a long term winner.
I often think you can detect if you had value by how it would be priced up again if the match were to be played again a week later. Considering Arsenal played pretty poorly tonight and yet still outscored, out-shot and out-played Celtic I think they would be odds on.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Celtic had 53% of the possession, yes only 1 shot on target but Arsenal only had 3 shots on target and 2 corners, whereas Celtic had 3..... The stats certainly don't back your ludicrous claim up.... I'm not surprised to see you nip into this thread and have your usual biased say as you always seem to do it. Is it really that hard to admit Arsenal were lucky to win... :lol

Celtic had 53% of the possession, yes only 1 shot on target but Arsenal only had 3 shots on target and 2 corners, whereas Celtic had 3..... The stats certainly don't back your ludicrous claim up.... I'm not surprised to see you nip into this thread and have your usual biased say as you always seem to do it. Is it really that hard to admit Arsenal were lucky to win... :lol
I dont need to be biased lets be honest :lol They had 3 times as many shots on target as you then, amazing at the dreaded Celtic Park that, bet that hasnt happened much over the years. Lucky to win? I dunno, element of luck about the first goal of course (though you could blame Caldwell tbh, what kind of a stupid tackle what that in that position?) Put the this way, had Arsenal lost, it would been a travesty on play so I dont think we can say they were lucky to win. Wheres your spirit anyway, dont you remember that mighty brave performance in the caldron of Dinamo Moscow to come away with a 2-0? You can do that again.

I dont think too many of your players would get into the Birmingham or Wolves team.
Boruc is one of the best keepers in Europe on his day, or maybe AC Milan were just tracking him for the fun of it. Nightmare last season but he is top notch end of. Andreas Hinkel is a German international and has been attracting the interests of EPL clubs lately. Gary Caldwell would easily fit into any side in the bottom half of the EPL imo although he is definetly not one of my favourites, I do believe he is overrated. Scott Brown and Aiden McGeady have recently been monitored by higher ranked English clubs and Brown is already rated at £12million.... sure, he wouldn't get into the Wolves squad though :lol McDonald is proven at the top flight in the Champions League against AC Milan, Manchester United but yet again, that ain't good enough eh. :lol Only ones I wouldn't be sure about in our regular starting 11 right now are Loovens, Donati and Samaras... Fortune doesn't look good at the minute but again he knocked back the chance to join Hull pre season. Weren't Birmingham and Wolves looking to sign Bobo Balde who couldn't get a game with Celtic and rarely even made the bench in the past 2 years he was with the club? Hmmm... do your homework :ok

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) :lol :lol I LOVE HOW EVERYTHING IS "MONITORED" OR "RATED" :lol The Daily Record morning meets must be a right giggle up there... You mean you buying Lee Naylor and Kenny Miller who werer Wolves cast offs or are we forgetting that for now? :lol Scott Brown....yeah I think he is your best player, Pompey are interested, I doubt it after watching tonight mind. Yeah how I could I forget Aiden McGeady :lol Thought he was off to Bayern Munich or Milan? McDonald "proven" agaisnt CL clubs? :rollin For a team that has all these magnificent players you dont half make a good job of turning out some serious shit every week.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) One... I never said they were magnificent... you don't have to be magnificent to play for Birmingham or Wolves, I was just stating Celtic are a better club than Birmingham and/or Wolves any day of the week. And for someone so anti SPL why do you bother watching it?

One... I never said they were magnificent... you don't have to be magnificent to play for Birmingham or Wolves, I was just stating Celtic are a better club than Birmingham and/or Wolves any day of the week. And for someone so anti SPL why do you bother watching it?
I watched it tonight to watch you lot get beat. If there is no English stuff I will put the SPL on, I'll always have football on.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) The second goal wasn't really lucky as if Caldwell hadn't put it in Bendtner was standing right behind him to put it away. Also Fabregas was clearly brought down when through on goal so you can't really say the ref gave us everything. Arsenal did have the better of the game and deserved to win more than Celtic, though given the lack of clear chances a draw wouldn't have been totally unfair. Don't really see why people are arguing about whether Celtic or Rangers could cut it in the prem based on tonight as many teams will be outplayed by Arsenal this season and they will have a lot more chances than they did tonight. But for what it's worth I think Celtic would probably be a lower to mid table premier league team, but we'll probably never know.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Jack some of the things you say just make me laugh.. 'mcdonald is proven at the top flight.....against' Burnley beat Liverpool and Chelsea back to back, I dont think that proved much at top flight 'brown is rated at 12mil' Ronaldos legs alone are worth $160 mil and rating someone by what they have yet to be bought for is insane bro 'boruc is one of the best keepers in europe on his day' I can name off a list of about 7 german keepers alone that are better this is all a debate about your supporting clubs, and all of you are being biased

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) I am looking to do a trade accumulator tonight on CL League. I predict 4 teams to win, with the security blanket of at least 2 winning and seemingly doing quite well. The others if needed will be traded so as to give a completely free accumulator (or slight profit) or an accumulator win. Of course if all 4 predictions are romping on there will be no trades. Will post my predictions later today, I don't actually even know the fixtures yet, so it could be only 3 or so, who knows. Will try it anyway, as long as all games kick-off at the exact same time.

are you for real?-2 handicap for the danes to win?i'm asking my self how much did you bet on that.are you awere of the last results of fck?they suck big time! i won't put a dime on that kind of bet,but i will give some bucks on a draw.just like that!
Logically, home win was my main bet there, as well as the AH (-1). If APOEL wasn't all in on defense as usual, the Danes would've taken advantage of any kind of open play by the guests. However, such anti-football strategy APOEL has been displaying recently just doesn't let any team show their full potential. I just hate such ugly and "unwatchable" teams.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) And for tonight, I like all the matches but will share here just part of one of the previews from my site, and for the rest you can go ahead and check them out, they're free of course :) Zurich is just one step far from the historical success of qualifying into CL group stages, while the same could be said for Ventspils as well, even though I strongly believe they`re just not mature for these kind of matches and also they don`t seem to have the quality needed to match Zurich. The Swiss team is an organized side full of fast and aggressive players, they like to play open football and always aim to outrun the opponent with their fast passing game and great athleticism. Their most dangerous attacker is the tall Frenchman Hassli, one of their best scorers and he`ll represent the biggest threat for slow Latvian defense that hasn`t had many tough tests like this one this season yet, and usually faces sides that would equal the 2nd division relegation candidate teams in Switzerland while playing in the domestic championship. These kinds of matches are always hard to predict, but I strongly believe the visitors will have another brilliant performance like against Maribor and resolve the entire dilemma about who`s progressing into CL after the first leg already. GL. Ventspils-Zurich 2 @2.20 from Ladbrokes 7/10

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) I don't know why but i just don't like Lyon,never did.I think they are overrated and i don't bet on Lyon for ages now.They didn't start French league well.Drew 2-2 against poor Le Mans and only 1-0 win at home against Valenc.And again Lyon is too short at home.I think the value is on Anderlecht 11/2 is massive :loon even Anderlecht +0.5AH is @2.5.I do think Anderlecht can grab atleast 1 point there.Also Lyon become some sort of public bet wich i don't like.It's like yesterday,whole world was on Wigan and they lost.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Lyon - Anderlecht: Both teams to score Lyon is a good team but Anderlecht is in a good shape. Suarez and bousouffa are important players and De Sutter will score if he's given a chance. I'm not telling Anderlecht is going to beat Lyon, but I do think Lyon will have more difficulties with Anderlecht as they think they'll have.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) lyon vs anderlecht :draw i took this bet becouse is the most valuably of the evening,3.85 at bwin.i don't feel it's impossible for anderlecht to come back home unbeaten.lyon it's not what it used to be in the last 7 years,so a serious team,as the belgian one is,could take advantage of that.anyway,odds for home win are miserables

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Ive gone for Anderlecht +1 against Lyon. I feel that this game has a good few goals in it and Lyon seem to have lost their way over the last few years. Lyons game plan also suits playing away from home as they counter fast. At home they play far too open and I think Anderlecht can exploit this. I also included Athletico Madrid in a small Accumulator as they score ALOT of goals no matter who they play.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Which ever team win in Lyon today we can be sure it's going to be a high scoring game. Lyon really needs a win today because in Belgium they will loose. A very attacking minded Lyon will be punished by Anderlecht at least one time tonight. over2.5 or even over3.5 are good bets.

I think the Celtic Arsenal debate that has roared on pretty much sums up why it is NEVER a good idea to bet on your team. You are far too blinkered to see things rationally and find the value.
Yes true, allways avoid to bet on your fav teams. I never do, it's like a rule.