** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009)

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Its free money :D It's like handing someone on the street money and getting double back instantly. Wait and see, can see Arsenal even winning this by 3 or 4 goals, watch Celtic fall apart, its not a question of gambling at evens. If I am wrong I am a twat and will leave the forum for good :D

That squad is completely wrong.... Samaras up front on his own with McDonald & Fortune on the bench. Just heard that amazing stat, no English club has beaten Celtic at Parkhead in a European Competition since Nottingham Forest back in 1982. :notworthy Good luck to those on Arsenal at EVS :puke

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009)

Its free money :D It's like handing someone on the street money and getting double back instantly. Wait and see' date=' can see Arsenal even winning this by 3 or 4 goals, watch Celtic fall apart, its not a question of gambling at evens. If I am wrong I am a twat and will leave the forum for good :D[/quote'] Maybe you will be correct but you are not a winning punter I can tell that straight away as if you think Arsenal at EVS is value you need your head checking out. :ok I know I keep saying it but the stats back me up, some big fish, BIGGER than Arsenal, have come to Parkhead over the years expecting to win 3 or 4-0 only to leave dissapointed. As Strachan just said in the studio, its a magical place and the Celtic players seem to give an extra 20 25% on nights like these.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) I dont think its fair that you can state I am not a winning punter, you have no idea or clue what I do in life, so to make that judgement is not correct and there is no possible way that you would know that. Thats like saying to all the professional horse punters they are nuts for backing the (1.85) at Ascot just because its a dead cert. I know all about Celtic at home, it's a marvelous record. I think Arsenal will win (I mostly trade on horse racing with Bet Angel each day, in theory not gambling), so in my opinion I think to double my money is an ok shout. If they dont win so be it, it's £100+ down the drain, unless its not 0-0 at 1/2 time which is why I put that bet on also. Chill out, its a bit of fun :)

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) I think people are getting too carried away with Celtic's home record here, let's not forget they have been knocked out in recent years by such 'giants' as Artmedia and Aalborg. Teams such as Arsenal come in to these 1st leg matches happy to draw knowing they will give their hosts a right royal thrashing in the 2nd leg.

Maybe you will be correct but you are not a winning punter I can tell that straight away as if you think Arsenal at EVS is value you need your head checking out. :ok I know I keep saying it but the stats back me up, some big fish, BIGGER than Arsenal, have come to Parkhead over the years expecting to win 3 or 4-0 only to leave dissapointed. As Strachan just said in the studio, its a magical place and the Celtic players seem to give an extra 20 25% on nights like these.
Why are we going on about "over the years" :unsure Over the years many things have happened, doesnt mean anything today.

Maybe you will be correct but you are not a winning punter I can tell that straight away as if you think Arsenal at EVS is value you need your head checking out. :ok
When we consider that the current level of football at Celtic is probably equal to that of Birmingham or Wolves, then, I can't see why 2.0 for Arsenal to win wouldn't be considered value.

hahahhhahahahah why u so mad?:P
Did you even see the goal? Deflected free kick that Gallas tried to duck from, hits him on the shoulder and spins into the net. Apart from that "the glorious Arsenal" have not had a shot on target. That is why :ok

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) HT in Copenhagen: 0-0. A dire and harmless encounter so far. FC Copenhagen are trying as best as they can but lack creativity and have only had half a chance. Apoel are just keeping 10 players in the defense and are quite obviously playing for a goalless draw.

Fair enough mate' date=' maybe 6/4 Arsenal is ok but I just don't see how anyone can touch them at EVS whether they go onto win or not.[/quote'] Even though they are 2-0 up now, I think this was good advice. They were too short. It's the age old battle between those who seek value and those who bet on teams they think will win regardless of the price offered. Over the long term value is the way to go.

Did you even see the goal? Deflected free kick that Gallas tried to duck from, hits him on the shoulder and spins into the net. Apart from that "the glorious Arsenal" have not had a shot on target. That is why :ok
DID U SEE THE SECOND GOAL hahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Phew, I was a bit worried with my 0-0 half-time score lay, but thankfully the well planned in training set peice paid off :p Wasnt worried about the Arsenal back at any point, they looked comfortable with no real threat from Celtic. I will be the first to raise my hand and say the 0-0 lay was really fortunate though. All in all the game did not go anywhere like I had planned. While watching it I thought it was the most boring match I had seen in a long time, at the final whistle this had not changed much. Happy to be up just a little over £310 on the night though.

Re: Champions Lge Qual (18/08/2009) Exactly Britannia, good point, whats not value for someone is for someone else, tonight I was purely betting, however in most scenarios I do it's trading. For example I took the helpful tip from a user on here about the Albania game not so long ago. I wasnt ever wanting to risk the 90 minutes, so I cut out early and greened up across the board, I do this for football, horse racing, tennis, anything I can really. So when you dont see good value in a bet, it almost at times doesnt matter to a trader. If things go pear shaped you dont have to take the full blunt of the hit. AlbaniavCyprus.jpgAlbaniaBets.jpg

With the above debate. Surely we all have our own views on what "value" prices are? To person A, the value may lie @ 2.5, but person B may see 2.0 in actual fact as value, and the 2.5 is a steal. All about individual perceptions and opinions surely?
Very true. I said above, that Celtic quality wise are no better than Wolves or Birmingham.....so for me, 2.0 is an excellent price. For Celtic to have won this game tonight, they would have had to massively overperform, whilst Arsenal could easily stroll into town and perform at 50% to get a result, which it sounds like they did. I would back Arsenal to win by at least 2 goals at the Emirates. We can all look through the coupon and pick out sides that are 4.0 and above, but just because that side is a large price, doesn't make it value. Otherwise I could blindly stick money on every side that was a massive price. The best thing to do is try to see who is over or under priced.