** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Haydock 8/8

Re: Haydock 8/8 Aren't you going today Russ? Have a good day out :ok 2.10 Haydock Frankie is an eyecatching booking on Cobo Bay but his mount has often been outclassed in this grade and I want to oppose plenty of these that may be held up as I think it will pay to race handily. Billy Red wasn't given the run of the race last time out but I feel he lacks to class to win a race like this so will put forward Alan Bailey's Lowther. The unexposed four year old has only had four starts and has shown great promise, winning his second start in a Yarmouth maiden then following up on his handicap debut next time out. He was disappointing when sent off favourite at Newmarket last time out in a decent race behind the well regarded Captain Brilliance from the Jeremy Noseda yard, but I think he deserves another chance off this mark of 91. 8/1 Bet 365, EW.

Re: Haydock 8/8 3.15 Haydock Another classy handicap on an excellent card here and Cold Quest is one I'm willing to have a punt on at a price. Formerly with John Gosden he is now in the care of Amanda Perratt but he is still lightly raced for a horse of his age and may have more improvement in him. Presumably it is injuries that have restricted this 5 yo to just six starts but in those outings he has shown he goes well fresh, which is important considering a 273-day absence here, and he has twiced placed off a mark of 90. The fact the handicapper has failed to drop his mark after such a lenghty break suggests to me there was something in those runs previously, and despite the 66/1 price tag I've had a small bet. 66/1 SJ, EW.

Re: Haydock 8/8 Off to Haydock with the family today. Weather is still great so should be enjoyable for all, sat on the grass, having a few beers and backing the winners. Just scanned the cards and my early thoughts are: 2.10 Keen to take on Flipando and The Osteopath here as I think they are both a little high in the weights, a comment that can be applied to One Way Or Another too but that one cannot be totally ignored due to the stables form. The ground may have gone against Frankie and Cobo Bay, so I'm to take 2 against the field in Opus Maximus and Angel Rock. The former ran creditably at Chester last week after being badly bumped coming out of the stalls, running on best of all. Track will suit and will go close. Angel Rock is another with a super chance, in form & excellent jockey on top. Down in trip and that could make the difference. Opus Maximus (13/2 Betfred, EW) Angel Rock (7/1 Betfred, EW) 2.40 A really difficult contest to solve but I'm siding with Frankie aboard Campanologist. Stable is in rude health, they send just the one runner up here and proven in group company. Campanologist (7/2 Coral) 3.15 I've looked long and hard at this, and want to take on the favourite. Stoute's horse will be tough to beat but, at the prices, I'd rather have a couple at bigger EW prices so the 2 that take my eye are The Witch Doctor and Jawaab. The first horse has its stamina to prove here but is running well enough to suggest its double figure price is worth taking. Flat track should help its chances of staying the trip and so should the improving ground. The other is a massive price despite running from outside the handicap. Just look at its last run in a similar race to this, was quickening up well before being dramatically snatched up. If it can reproduce that form, this price will look silly. The Witch Doctor (12/1 Ladbrokes, EW) Jawaab (33/1 Ladbrokes, EW) 4.25 I feel that all the pace is low here so want to discount those berthed 8-13. I think Capone's run may have come to an end so I want one from off the pace and I think the race could be set up for Medici Time. Won its maiden last Oct beating a horse that is vying for favouritism in the Class 2 heritage handicap down at HQ today. Has run well since finishing close up 3 times at Thirsk. Last twice was over an inadequate so the extra furlong will suit. Medici Time (10/1 Coral, EW) 5.00 Tough race here with Red Cape's stable in unreal form, Aye Aye Digby in winning form and Everymanforhimself down in grade but I prefer Novellen Lad, ridden by Ahern today. Will have its favoured fast ground, record in handicaps on GF is won 4, placed 2, unplaced 1. That's good enough to indicate a big run today, EW bet to nothing. Novellen Lad (11/2 Stan James, EW)

Re: Haydock 8/8

Aren't you going today Russ? Have a good day out :ok
Yes mate:ok. I will have a smashing day, love it at Haydock & so do the family. Jacqui will be sat on the grass with a few drinks, kids will be either on the playground or the bouncy castle, and I'll be taking a few quid off the bookies:hope

Re: Haydock 8/8 4.25 Haydock Clear Sailing is fairly unexposed on turf but did win at Nottingham last season off 5 lb higher so on that basis, is well handicapped here. That was infact the last time he contested a handicap and all ten starts since have come in non-handicaps, but I think he is on a reasonable enough mark. Has won returning from a break before whilst Franny Norton does the steering. 25/1 Blue Sq, EW.

Re: Haydock 8/8 2:10 Haydock: Balcarce Nov 2pts win 40/1 Blue Square Balcarce Nov had some respectable form in Nad Al Sheba. No show on the soft at Haydock last time out for new trainer Tom Tate but all his best form in Argentina was on firm. No idea of the value of that South American form - but lightly raced, and at 40/1 prepared to take a chance to find out. 3:15 Haydock: Bon Spiel 2pts win 28/1 Sportingbet Luca Cumani does well at Haydock and Bon Spiel looks an interesting runner back after a lay off. Quite hard to assess on British turf as mainly has been racing on the all weather or at Nad Al Sheba. Presumably given a break to freshen up - could surprise with Jaime Spencer aboard.

Re: Haydock 8/8 2.10 Haydock Got 2 for this race, lowther was a 100/1 winner in a yarmouth maiden back in may on good ground so can go with the ground, then went on to win a handicap fairly comfortably off a mark of 86 was then bit disappointing last time out off a mark of 97 is down to 91 today and looks a fair mark for an improving sort, has had a small rest hopefully freshen him up after flop Flipando has ran some really good races for me over his time and has finally looked back to winning ways recently when finishing runner up in a trappy litte contest at newcastle then went on to another 2nd in a 4 horse race at haydock, runs off same mark today probably would have prefered faster ground but can produce on good ground aswell 0.5pt e/w lowther 8/1 (bet365 bog) 0.5pt e/w flipando 7/1 (bet365 bog) 3.15 haydock Chesire prince seems to always go off a big price which is a real surprise considering he has run 36 times and 16 times finished in the placings!!!!! Enjoys the ground with a bit of cut and fast ground no prob neither, has put 2 decent performances in recently and is raised 5lb for them but is ideally drawn for what could prove a tough test for anyone 0.25pt e/w chesire prince (28/1 stanjames bog) 4.25 haydock Onebidkintymill produced a big shock winning his handicap debut at 40/1 by a neck is raised 6lb for that but looks fair as that was a tough little event and form is working out superbly well with many behind gone on to win and many more get placings and could prove on the right side of the handicapper 0.5pt e/w onebidkintymill 11/2 (bet365 bog) 5.00 haydock everymanforhimself was in cracking form until disappointing at goodwood where he raced bit to keen for his own good, spencer on board today so maybe hold up tactics would be useful here gets to run off same mark as previous close calls at 2nd's, loves the fast ground and this looks a lot easier! 0.5pt e/w everymanforhimself 13/2 (bog hills)

Re: Haydock 8/8 Good luck Russ 2.10 It's Lowther for me each way at the 15-2 mark. Discount it's last run as it got too worked up. The jock didnt need to resort to the whip the time before when comfortably taking a hcp at Chester 2.40 Traffic Guard again each way at 10-1 as there was promise in his 3rd place last time out. In the belief that he'll come on for that run I'd like to oppose the front two 3.15 Libel Law at 7-1 and Dancourt at 5-2. Improving 3yo's that should be too well handicapped for the rest inspite of the poor draw 4.25 Desert Pride each way at 16-1. This one was not far behind Onebidkintymill at Chepstow and wasn't ridden until the final furlong. Went off too fast in an apprentiice last time. Should improve for the stronger handling 5.00 Novellen Lad to come late and pinch this at 5-1. Didn't like soft ground latest and back to preferred firmer surface. Good jock booked too. Good luck everyone K

Re: Haydock 8/8 2.40 Traffic Guards' record over this distance reads 2253. In these races he's been up against some good horses. He was last seen at Newbury finishing 3rd after a 142 day break. Hopefully that's got him ready for this race were I think he's capable of taking on the top two in the betting. 13/1 on Betfair for the win 9/4 for the place Good luck today

Re: Haydock 8/8 3.15~CHARLIE COOL E/W 20/1-- JAWAAB E/W 25/1 PP(GAR) CC is running well and with the stable in red hot form should go well at an overpriced 20/1. 5.00 LEGAL EAGLE E/W 20/1 PP Is way overpriced imo and i can see this one running a place. Placed here twice last month over 5f but imo he is better over 6f todays trip. Looking for a big run from this horse today i think it has a great e/w chance

2:10 Haydock: Balcarce Nov 2pts win 40/1 Blue Square Balcarce Nov had some respectable form in Nad Al Sheba. No show on the soft at Haydock last time out for new trainer Tom Tate but all his best form in Argentina was on firm. No idea of the value of that South American form - but lightly raced, and at 40/1 prepared to take a chance to find out. .
:clap:clap:clap:clap wow :clap:clap:clap:clap

2:10 Haydock: Balcarce Nov 2pts win 40/1 Blue Square Balcarce Nov had some respectable form in Nad Al Sheba. No show on the soft at Haydock last time out for new trainer Tom Tate but all his best form in Argentina was on firm. No idea of the value of that South American form - but lightly raced, and at 40/1 prepared to take a chance to find out.
Now, that's just showing off ! :lol Well done mate, fantastic shout.

Re: Haydock 8/8 Says it all really......of the 4 handicaps that PL members posted selections in, we had the winner of them all:clap Stevet with Balcarce Nov at an unbelievable 66/1 winner:clap:clap, Kithanga with 6/1 winner Libel Law, Chris34 with Everymanforhimself at 7/1 and yours truly weighing in with Medici Time at 8/1. Anyone for a Lucky 15 on those 4?:lol Great stuff guys. Had a good time too:ok

Says it all really......of the 4 handicaps that PL members posted selections in, we had the winner of them all:clap Stevet with Balcarce Nov at an unbelievable 66/1 winner:clap:clap, Kithanga with 6/1 winner Libel Law, Chris34 with Everymanforhimself at 7/1 and yours truly weighing in with Medici Time at 8/1. Anyone for a Lucky 15 on those 4?:lol Great stuff guys. Had a good time too:ok
well said Russ, glad you had a good time. Well done Steve as well - those kind of winners don't come too often, cracking stuff :ok