** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Super Cup 29 July

• 5 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July I see this as a tricky game, Barcelona are not at full fitness yet and Shakhtar are going great guns lying 2nd in their own league and just having qualified for European Champions League stages! Shakhtar should have a fitness advantage here and this game should be close as recent head to heads suggest:

09-12-08 UEFA Champio… Barcelona 2 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk
01-10-08 UEFA Champio… Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 2 Barcelona
Predictions: Shakhtar Donetsk +1HCP @3.88 Paddypower *** I just have a feeling this game will go into extra time and I feel the odds for Shakhtar with a one goal start are too good to miss! :ok

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Jonesy Shakhtar went out the Champions League they are in the Europa league. :ok Both Team To Score @ 10/11 Skybet Fancied overs in this game but price is very short so instead will choose this bet as I think Shakhtar can nick a goal or two, they should be more match fit then Barca as they've played quite a few competitive games already, Barca are not exactly the kings of clean sheets and Shakhtar managed to score against them on both occasions last year, both team shsould find the net here.

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July This game means nothing,just a big football show but still Barca want to win it and proove whole world that they are the best at the moment. Both teams will play with full squads. My bets will be: over 2.5 goals both to score Barca -1.5 AH I think Barca with Messi,Ibrahimovich,Henry,Toure,Alves,Inesta,Xavi ....will be just too much for Shakhtar

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July CARDS Does anyone have stats on recent super cup games regarding bookings? It's 5/6 4 or more yellows! I know players won't be over exerting themselves but the Barcelona players can totally get on opposition nerves the way they keep the ball and spry it around! Will the Shaktar players get a little angry and maybe lose the cool or even the barca defenders might pick up some cards??? Any Info?

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July

CARDS Does anyone have stats on recent super cup games regarding bookings? It's 5/6 4 or more yellows! I know players won't be over exerting themselves but the Barcelona players can totally get on opposition nerves the way they keep the ball and spry it around! Will the Shaktar players get a little angry and maybe lose the cool or even the barca defenders might pick up some cards??? Any Info?
Having watched Shakhtar quite a lot so far this season (about 3 games anyhow) I would be staggered if there are more than 3 yellows..barca dont play that kind of game either..

CARDS Does anyone have stats on recent super cup games regarding bookings? It's 5/6 4 or more yellows! I know players won't be over exerting themselves but the Barcelona players can totally get on opposition nerves the way they keep the ball and spry it around! Will the Shaktar players get a little angry and maybe lose the cool or even the barca defenders might pick up some cards??? Any Info?
It will be big show.Nobody wants knocks and injuries.I see open friendly game.Also Chygrynskiy should join Barca few days later afer match.As i said this match means nothing just extar money for both teams. I just hope shakhtar won't beat Barca like Zenit beat Man.Un last year :lol

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Tempted by the handicap for Barca (-1) just for a bit of betting interest in the game. I think they will field their strongest line-up possible and will want to go into their domestic campaign off the back of a confidence boosting win. Guardiola doesn't seem like the kind to tinker with his tactics alot and since he hasn't won this before will want to add it to his trophy cabinet. Noticed its evens when i went round Corals earlier so might put a small stake on it.

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Think most of us are leaning, looking at the comments currently, towards interest betting only, and I think this is the right move..this is always a bit of a glamour game, preseason game basically, and dont think either team will be too bothered if they lose tbh, of course they will want to win but starting the season well is more important..I havent even looked at the odds but I imagine the over 2.5 odds are poor, and this is the only bet I would have taken on...dont put much on this folks, plenty more predictable games than this to come this season! :ok

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July This is a no bet for me. Previous Super Cups aren't really a good guide because the sides are different (Obviously!) each year and any trend shown is most probably a coincidence. It's a one off game that both sides will be up for; I have no doubt of that. Barca will win, but the odds are too poor though.

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July yea this match can be risky so most likely a no bet for me. sure it sounds like barca want to start off with a trophy in the cabinet but consider shaktar aren't playing bad here and they'll take this very seriously. also consider that zenit beat manchester united last time around in this competition.

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola has taken the entire senior squad, along with four youth players, to Monaco. There is as yet little indication as to his starting line-up, but expect a strong eleven, with younsters such as Jeffren likely to come off the bench. The man himself said to the CP, "Of course we will field a strong team. Victory is never guaranteed." Possible Starting XI: Valdes; Dani Alves, Puyol, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Yaya Toure, Iniesta; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry. Shakhtar Donetsk Surprisingly, Dmytro Chygrinsky will take part at centre-back for the boys in orange before joining up with the Blaugrana. Coach Mircea Lucescu confirmed as much in a press conference - also stating that he expects other Miners to make the step up to bigger clubs. Lucescu has brought a full squad of 28 to Monaco. Possible Starting XI: Pyatov; Srna, Kucher, Chygrinsky, Shevchuk; Duljaj, Lewandowski; Ilsinho, Jadson, Willian; Luiz Adriano. Iniesta = suspicious ( according to latest information below ) source

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Barcelona Side Nearly 6,000 Barça fans will make the trip to Monaco to watch the game in the Stade Louis II. With Sevilla in mind, the objective is to avoid repeating the mistakes of the past. The coaching staff have kept to the usual routine for away matches and have taken all 24 available senior squad players to Monaco, including Márquez and Iniesta, who are still recovering from injury and will definitely not be fit to play. The players went through their paces on Thursday evening in the final training session before the mach, held on the pitch of the stadium itself and were able to confirm that the playing surface leaves much to be desired. Shakhtar Donetsk Side One of the stars of the Ukrainian team coached by Mircea Lucescu is Dmytro Chygrynskyi , the elegant central defender who announced on Thursday that he would be moving to FC Barcelona after Friday’s match. No doubt all eyes will be on him. Most of Shakhtar’s other leading lights are foreigners, mainly Brazilians. They’ll be missing Brandao, but the attacking threesome of Ilsinho, Luiz Adriano and Fernandinho has more than enough quality to keep their side in the European elite. SOURCE

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July I'll bet just on goals in this game. Barcelona to score +1.5 in the first half, risky but I think it's possible if they start the game really well. And +1.5 goals in the second half, a more comfortable bet. Hope a game with a lot of goals.

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July Barcelona -1.5 (1,97 in Pinnacle) 2/5 Too many matches played previous season by Barça was win 2+ difference goals. Previous week against Bilbao 3-0 and because Barça missed in first half some clear occasions. Today Barça will play with best eleven (only Iniesta cant play ) and want win European Supercup.

* fixed match :hope * 4.00 odds :hope * 50EUR before the match + 50EUR after the match I paid too more for this match and I want to get back some part of the money. For contact please: [email protected] :hope ps.it is my last call here because you are stupid people and believe nothing! maybe you had spammers but i am not one of them...
What da fcuk is this about mate? :unsure

Re: UEFA Super Cup 29 July :cow

I see this as a tricky game, Barcelona are not at full fitness yet and Shakhtar are going great guns lying 2nd in their own league and just having qualified for European Champions League stages! Shakhtar should have a fitness advantage here and this game should be close as recent head to heads suggest:
09-12-08 UEFA Champio… Barcelona 2 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk
01-10-08 UEFA Champio… Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 2 Barcelona
Predictions: Shakhtar Donetsk +1HCP @3.88 Paddypower *** :dude I just have a feeling this game will go into extra time and I feel the odds for Shakhtar with a one goal start are too good to miss! :ok

I see this as a tricky game, Barcelona are not at full fitness yet and Shakhtar are going great guns lying 2nd in their own league and just having qualified for European Champions League stages! Shakhtar should have a fitness advantage here and this game should be close as recent head to heads suggest:
09-12-08UEFA Champio…Barcelona 2 - 3 Shakhtar Donetsk
01-10-08UEFA Champio…Shakhtar Donetsk 1 - 2 Barcelona
Predictions: Shakhtar Donetsk +1HCP @3.88 Paddypower *** I just have a feeling this game will go into extra time and I feel the odds for Shakhtar with a one goal start are too good to miss! :ok
Nice one mate :ok I was totaly wrong abou this match :wall