** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July

Sivas actually played four friendlies against foreign opposition. Olympiakos 3 - 1 Sivasspor PSV 3 - 0 Sivasspor Guadalajara 2 - 2 Sivasspor
Thanks. The information I found must have been out of date. I think these results add strength to the argument in support of Anderlecht.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi...i'm from Timisoara' date='and a FC Timisoara supporter,and i can say,even if Shakhtar will beat us tomorow,they are not going to do it easy....your coach, mr. Sabau,is mr Lucrescu's 'kid'..they have worked togheter at 4 team,and learned from each other...and the confidance is up in your side...so i'm going with an X2 @ 3.29 and FC Timisoara to score at least one goal @ 1.90[/quote'] Yes,keep dreaming about draw mate ;) Your players will sh*t their pants as soon as they enter fully packed stadium :lol Anyway back to Shakhtar. Shakhtar's squad remains the same as last season.Nigerian striker Julias Aghahowa joined his former club again and already scored for them.Seleznjov was sold to Dnipro(i didn't like him anyway).But all brazilian players stay in the club.Shakhtar's players are more experienced and with players like Srna,Rat,Hubschman,Fernandinho,Castilio,Luiz Adriano,Ischenko,Willian,Chyhrynskiy(wich Mozzi said is even better the Vidic :lol) i don't see any other result then big WIN. Also tomorrow is M.Luchesku birthday and it will be his first match after recovery.So i expect some ass kicking tomorrow :tongue2 The only nob who can ruin everything can be Pyatov,hope this dick won't fcuk up again... BTW Shakhtar's new stadium Donbas Arena will be ready in 32 days.

Yes,keep dreaming about draw mate ;) Your players will sh*t their pants as soon as they enter fully packed stadium :lol
lol..we play home with 35000 ppl :)) no problem for us

lol..we play home with 35000 ppl :)) no problem for us
I know but it's a different story ;) All will depend on result in Donetsk. Shakhtar at home and away is a defferent team.That's why they will try to score at home as more as possible.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July If you can get a celtic -1 corner handicap tomorrow against Moscow, take it. It will be available at about 10/11 if on offer. Tony mowbray's teams are set up to play open expansive attacking football. WBA won an awful lot of corners last year and with players like McGeady and Caddis(if he's fit) working the flanks and the Russians likely to play a cagey game, it's a great bet. It should be lined up at (-3) so even -2 may be worth a bet. I can't find any corner handicaps on the game yet though, they should be priced up tomorrow, bet365 is the best place for corner betting

I agree with the Anderlecht pick. It's a very obvious one indeed at low odds, but Anderlecht have played 4 friendlies recently; these were a 4-3 win over Aalst, a 4-1 win over Tournai, a 2-2 draw against Zenit St Petersburg & a 1-1 draw to Genoa. Sivasspor have played out a 5-0 loss to Heerenveen as their only pre-season friendly. Last season Anderlecht won 14 out of 17 home games, whilst Sivasspor only have a 35% win ratio away from home. Anderlecht are an attacking side, so I'd expect to see a few goals.
Pretty safe now unless Sivasspor score 4 in the 2nd half. :clap

Good write up, the question i have as a betting proposition is although Celtic have a great home record against the best teams in Europe there are a few question marks that have to be answered. New manager Mowbrey has had little chance apart from a few friendly's to find his best combination. Who is going to be their main playmaker after Nakamuras departure? Past history with Scottish sides playing qualifying games before the start of their season have ended in disaster. Although they are playing a team that are missing a few player they are in the middle of their season and must be more seasoned than Celtic. Considering the odds on offer i think i will give this game a miss.
Good post mate. To answer your question Aiden McGeady will have a license to go and create things and I think he will flourish under Mowbray as he is not a natural winger and he will be encouraged by Mowbray to come inside and express himself. On the other flank Shaun Maloney has pace, trickery and offers our best goal threat from midfield. Agree with most of what you say though, I'm a Celtic fan and have been delighted with how pre-season has went. I hated Strachan's side, they were so predictable and one-dimensional and Mowbray has been a breath of fresh air so far and there is a real feel good factor around the club. I think we will have a good season domestically and am confident of winning the league. It is a stern test though for our first competitive game against by all accounts a decent Russian side, albeit missing their captain. They have played 15 rounds of their league so will have an edge there. We do have an outstanding home record in Europe and I think we should win this but pre-season has went so well that I hope there is no over-reaction should things not go our way tomorrow as its still early days for Mowbray's Celtic.

Shakhtar's squad remains the same as last season.Nigerian striker Julias Aghahowa joined his former club again and already scored for them.Seleznjov was sold to Dnipro(i didn't like him anyway).But all brazilian players stay in the club.Shakhtar's players are more experienced and with players like Srna' date='Rat,Hubschman,Fernandinho,Castilio,Luiz Adriano,Ischenko,Willian,Chyhrynskiy(wich Mozzi said is even better the Vidic :lol) i don't see any other result then big WIN.[/quote'] FERNANDINHO IS BETTER THAN RONALDINHO! Hahaha. Joking aside, this should be fairly straightforward for the Ukrainians. The Romanians won't lie down for this game - they never do - but they don't really have the quality to match Shakhtar. Pyatov is definitely Timisoara's best hope but Shakhtar should still outscore them in both legs but I wouldn't touch handicaps in either game.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Shaktar are my big bet of the week and I have no real worries to be honest, they will be a far superior team in every aspect not even sure why Timisoara have been entered straight into the third qualifying round, considering they finished second in the Romanian league and as far as I know their only previous experience of europe was a first round exit in the uefa cup last year..think they will be taken to school tomorrow, unless they park the bus in front of the goal that is..

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Levadia - Debrecen 2 @ 2,60 Last week when Levadia hosted Wisla Cracov the visitors were priced at 1,70. Do you see the difference ? The reason is that bookmakers are probably a bit impressed by the fact that a no-name club eliminated a Polish champion. However Wisla was eliminated on her own request. Wisla's manager Skorża admitted in the press that they underestimated Levadia and didn't even properly followed their current form and tactics (!). Players weren't even mentally prepared for this encounter as almost everybody here thought that it is not a question of winning or not but merely the number of goals to be scored by Wisla. I think that Hungarian champs won't make the same mistake as Wisla did. Levadia will be in a different position also. Against Wisla they managed to draw 1-1 in Poland, scoring from a counter and then playing 45 min of the 2nd half in heavy rain and stormy weather. The game in Tallin was, according to the press (it wasn't even televised in Poland), a typical one-team show with Wisla having plenty chances to score. Hosts managed to score in the last minute when Wisla tried desperately to hit the winner, attacking with almost all the players. Now, if they want to take this hurdle, Levadia must show some quality upfront. I haven't seen Debrecen in the action vs Kalmar but a team good enough to eliminate Swedish champion must be good enough to beat Levadia too. I'd expect odds very much in favour of Debrecen therefore 2,60 seems to be a value bet in any case. My estimation: Levadia-Debrecen 20-30-50%

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July My bets: Sporting - Twente Sporting to win 1.71 1pt Sporting has not performed as expected in the pre-season friendlies, though i think they are to strong at home. Players like Moutinho, Vukcevic, Matias Fernandez (former Villarreal) and Liedson are amazing and they have a lot of experience in the European matches. Twente has a poor away record against big teams and last year they only managed to beat Marseille in France. They lost 3-2 in Manchester and 4-0 in Paris agains PSG aswell as 4-0 at the Emirates against Arsenal in the Champions Qualifier. In Eredivisie they didn´t nail a single goal when facing Ajax, AZ and PSV away from home. Odds are a bit short but i think Sporting will get the job done. Celtic - Dinamo Moscow Celtic to win 1.8 1pt Great performances in the Wembley Cup, great ofensive football and high rythm. Celtic has an amazing record at home in the Champions League...they have beaten big clubs in the past and i think they wont give a chance to Dinamo and will decide the tie in the first match. Too much wisdom from the scotish team against a very young Russian side with no European experience. Shakthar Donetsk - Timisoara Donetsk -1.5 1.85 1pt Lucescu accepted the fact that Sabau, his former player, knows his methods and tactics very well, but also Lucescu knows Sabau´s work since he was coaching Gloria. He said TImisoara is very tough, defend a lot and tries to score in the counter-attack. Sabau said that a draw can be a good result. I can´t see anything but an easy victory from Donetsk. They have an amazing squad with a lot of brazilians talents and they have huge experience as they are the Uefa Cup title holders. Big gap in quality...i´ll be surprised if Shakhtar doesn´t win this easily.

Levadia - Debrecen 2 @ 2' date=60 ...Now, if they want to take this hurdle, Levadia must show some quality upfront...
I don't think so. I expect Levadia to sit back and defend, their main goal is to keep a clean sheet at home and then score a goal in Hungary. The match can go either way, I don't expect many goals (Levadia lacks the firepower of Kalmar) and I would put my money on the draw.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Going to watch game today Levadia - Debrecen I realy bellieve that we can win i mean Levadia but for me from Estonia it is now bet but i will support Levadia for sure.Point is i don't know that Debrecen is like team ?! So GO GO Levadia !

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Good Anderleht bet of the day !!! Paok suxed hard :( amazying ! my double failed ! Mjallby won by 1:0 with red card but PAOK couldn't even get the draw ! Hope Sparta Praga goes to 4-th stage !!! My oppinion that Cisse should go back to France !!! They are the same shit can't score never and French league are week on goals !!!As far as i know penalty in PAOL always makes Karagunis why was it Cisse this time i don't get it !!! Amazying !!!!

My bets: Sporting - Twente Sporting to win 1.71 1pt Sporting has not performed as expected in the pre-season friendlies, though i think they are to strong at home. Players like Moutinho, Vukcevic, Matias Fernandez (former Villarreal) and Liedson are amazing and they have a lot of experience in the European matches. Twente has a poor away record against big teams and last year they only managed to beat Marseille in France. They lost 3-2 in Manchester and 4-0 in Paris agains PSG aswell as 4-0 at the Emirates against Arsenal in the Champions Qualifier. In Eredivisie they didn´t nail a single goal when facing Ajax, AZ and PSV away from home. Odds are a bit short but i think Sporting will get the job done. Celtic - Dinamo Moscow Celtic to win 1.8 1pt Great performances in the Wembley Cup, great ofensive football and high rythm. Celtic has an amazing record at home in the Champions League...they have beaten big clubs in the past and i think they wont give a chance to Dinamo and will decide the tie in the first match. Too much wisdom from the scotish team against a very young Russian side with no European experience. Shakthar Donetsk - Timisoara Donetsk -1.5 1.85 1pt Lucescu accepted the fact that Sabau, his former player, knows his methods and tactics very well, but also Lucescu knows Sabau´s work since he was coaching Gloria. He said TImisoara is very tough, defend a lot and tries to score in the counter-attack. Sabau said that a draw can be a good result. I can´t see anything but an easy victory from Donetsk. They have an amazing squad with a lot of brazilians talents and they have huge experience as they are the Uefa Cup title holders. Big gap in quality...i´ll be surprised if Shakhtar doesn´t win this easily.
I guess i will go with the same hear mate. I guess i will make jsut a bit smaller stakes on Sporting and also i will bet on BATE Borisov becouse ther team is much much better then Ventspils i guess ! Bate has much much more expirience !!! So going with 5 bet's today but witch will be my banker i have to think but ther is realy nice bet's today. P.S Out of topic also thinking about Water Polo :) Canada- Russia amayzing high odd's on Team Russia......:hope

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Celtic will be without Midfielders Scott Brown and Barry Robson. They've been participating in training but will sit out of the match tonight with defender Stephen McManus. The Russians will be without suspended captain Dmitry Khokhlov, other than that they have a full squad.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Shakhtar v FC Timisoara - Shakhtar -1 H'cap @ 10/11 Bluesq The football season is back upon us and this will be my first proper bet this season, Timisoara finished 2nd in Romania's top division last year but I think they'll strugle in Ukraine tonight as many teams do, let's not forget that they are up against the UEFA Cip winners here, Shakhtar have a very good record at home in Europe, they're already into there domestic season and they've started with a 100% record both home and away. They boast a good record at home in qualifiers at this stage also, Shakhtar will look to take a nice lead back to Romania and I think they'll do that tonight.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Saying Sabau knows Lucescu's tactics isnt a great argument, everyone knew Jose Mourinho's tactics when he was at Chelsea but he managed to win the league 2 years on the trot! Tactics help to a certain point but if you dont have the players to execute them they are pointless..Sabau has only been in charge a month so wont know all the capabilities of his players yet and certainly hasnt seen them play in a proper game yet..hope the asian handicaps are up soon..im going to be all over them..come on Shakthar!!

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Team news for Slovan Bratislava v Olympiakos is in... Julio Cesar Serrano, Michal Breznaník and Branislav Obžera are all injured for Slovan. New signings Olof Mellberg, Jaouad Zairi and Urko Pardo will all be available for Olympiakos. Matt Derbyshire, Ieroklis Stoltidis and Vasilis Torosidis are all unavailable. Enzo Maresca is set to make his competetive debut. I was considering backing Olymipakos. They don't usually get knocked out at this stage. Last season was the only occasion where they have failed to get past the qualifying stages, when they were beaten by Anorthosis.

Team news for Slovan Bratislava v Olympiakos is in... Julio Cesar Serrano, Michal Breznaník and Branislav Obžera are all injured for Slovan. New signings Olof Mellberg, Jaouad Zairi and Urko Pardo will all be available for Olympiakos. Matt Derbyshire, Ieroklis Stoltidis and Vasilis Torosidis are all unavailable. Enzo Maresca is set to make his competetive debut. I was considering backing Olymipakos. They don't usually get knocked out at this stage. Last season was the only occasion where they have failed to get past the qualifying stages, when they were beaten by Anorthosis.
Yes, Olympiakos should go through Slovan in next round, but i think that will be better today laying Slovan..with a little luck Slovan can make a draw and remember Sparta Prague yesterday..in any case, i stay away from this match, my bets today remain only Shaktar and FC Kopenhagen, both for win, and i will try little bet on Debrecen :hope good luck to all

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Slovan-Olympiakos x @ 3,40 We could see that Greek clubs struggle badly starting competitive games so early before their actual national schedule (Larisa, Panata). Slovan are nothing special in terms of international competition vs top league clubs but Olympiakos isn't too (sorry for all Greek viewers for my biased opinion ;)) In any case 1,90 for visitors to beat Slovan at their home soil is a laugh. I'd expect chances for a draw tb around 35-40% so another value bet here IMO. Shakhtar - Timisoara is a bit tricky ... Not because of their record in international, form or lineup but I just don't like betting on matches involving Romanian teams (see Cluj last seson vs Roma and Chelski two first games in CL). I'd go for Timisoara not to score @ 1,80. I think that if Celtic wins then wins big therefore The Bhoys -1 @ 3,50 to be a little more speculative :lol

Shaktar are my big bet of the week and I have no real worries to be honest' date=' they will be a far superior team in every aspect not even sure why Timisoara have been entered straight into the third qualifying round, considering they finished second in the Romanian league and as far as I know their only previous experience of europe was a first round exit in the uefa cup last year..think they will be taken to school tomorrow, unless they park the bus in front of the goal that is..[/quote'] they did play before in european cups.for exemple,in the early 90's they succeded to eliminate mighty atletico madrid from the uefa cup.timisoara has a strong team,with good results in the last friendly games.it will be no ''school' today for shaktar

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July playing in porugal is always a problem 4 the dutch.they never won 1 single match,as far as i no.even the national dutch team.and on the celtic game.on there home ground is very hard 2 beat a scothis team.so a clear home win on sporting and celtic.goodluck .