** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July

Book Closes 1X2
Ispacer.gifIspacer.gifIspacer.gifIspacer.gifIspacer.gifIspacer.gif
28 Jul 16:00Aktobe Lento v Maccabi Haifa3.003.252.20

28 Jul 16:00FK Baku v Levski Sofia2.703.202.40

28 Jul 19:00Sparta Prague v Panathinaikos2.603.202.50

28 Jul 19:45Anderlecht v Sivasspor1.663.604.50

29 Jul 16:00Ventspils v BATE Borisov3.003.252.20

29 Jul 17:00FC Levadia Tallinn v Debrecen2.403.202.70

29 Jul 18:00Apoel Nicosia v Partizan Belgrade3.203.252.10

29 Jul 18:00Shakhtar Donetsk v Politehnica Timisoara1.284.759.00

29 Jul 18:00Sheriff Tiraspol v Slavia Prague4.003.401.80

29 Jul 19:00Slovan Bratislava v Olympiakos3.603.301.95

29 Jul 19:15FC Copenhagen v Stabaek1.503.806.00

29 Jul 19:15FC Zurich v NK Maribor1.503.756.00

29 Jul 19:30FC Salzburg v Dinamo Zagreb2.103.253.20

[url="http://www.bet365.com/home/mainpage.asp#]
29 Jul 19:45Celtic v Dinamo Moscow1.833.304.00

29 Jul 20:45Sporting v FC Twente1.613.605.00

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July still time to gather more infos,but at a firts'sight',i would say that maccabi haifa,bate borisov ,anderlecht bruxells and fc copenhaga are clear favorites and have a good chance to make clear the qualification from the first round.odds are good too. shaktar looks to have an easy task agains fc timisoara,but the ukrainean team has a bad record against the romanian ones.last time they were beaten,in 2005, by rapid bucuresti on home soil with 1:0.shaktar is from far away the favorite,mircea lucescu knows evrything about romanian football,but it's alot of ambition and talents in fc timisoara too.the odds are too small for a home win from my point of view

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July First thoughts on the Celtic game..its a massive game for them, financially they desperately need to get through, the Scottish has little money in it and to stay competitive and attract good players they need to win this tie..I've been keeping an eye on Celtic as im thinking of putting a large bet on them to win the Scottish league this season as they really threw it away last season to what most consider to be an inferior Rangers side..they have brought in a few players but the biggest plus for them this season is getting in Mowbray and more imoportantly getting rid of Strachen who was becoming an unpopular figure despite the success he enjoyed, largely for the style of play of the side..Mowbray will go back to a pass and move style of play, that the supporters enjoy..he has signed Marc-Antoine Fortune, Landry N'Guemo and Danny Fox but lost key midfielder Nakumora (sp?)..reading the celtic forums they are all optimistic for the game and pre-season results have been encouraging including winning the wembley cup on sun beating spurs 2-0 with a largely shadow squad..another factor is Celtics superb home record in europe, and the fact they are so poor away, they know they will need a decent lead of two goals to head into Russia with..Russian sides also perform much better at home than away so dont think they will be too disappointed with a one goal loss. Have read on one of the forums that Dinamo have a couple of key players suspended, I am struggling to confirm this but it would be useful if someone could?..my gut says a 1-0 win for Celtic which wouldnt disappoint either side..Celtic are very strong at the back, particuarly at home and Dinamo like to play on the counter apparently and will look to play it tight, it should also be noted that they are 13 games into their season..Will be interested in the asian handicap odds when they are available..

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July

Have read on one of the forums that Dinamo have a couple of key players suspended' date=' I am struggling to confirm this but it would be useful if someone could?..my gut says a 1-0 win for Celtic which wouldnt disappoint either side..Celtic are very strong at the back, particuarly at home and Dinamo like to play on the counter apparently and will look to play it tight, it should also be noted that they are 13 games into their season..Will be interested in the asian handicap odds when they are available..[/quote'] Dmitry Khokhlov is suspended for the game on Wednesday, due to a red card he received playing for Locomotive Moscow in 2005. He is their captain. New signing, Uruguayan Luis Aguiar is not yet match fit, so will not play. Teenagers, midfielder Viktor Svezhov, and forwards Fyodor Smolov and Alexander Kokorin are all set to start. However, Argentine international full-back Leandro Fernandes will play, as will Australian international Luke Wilkshire. Wilkshire should be well know to British supporters from his time spent at Middlesbrough and Bristol City between 1998 and 2006. Apparently, the average age of the squad to face Celtic is apparently likely to be only a little more than 20. Dynamo rely heavily on Alexander Kerzhakov, because Dynamo having only scored 17 goals in their first 15 games, he has scored the most at 8. The last time Dynamo qualified for any European tournament was 2002. They qualified this season through finishing 3rd in their league. They have only won 4 of the last 10 league games. They were recently knocked out of the Russian cup by Volgar-Gazprom 2 Astrakhan, who are newly promoted from the Russian 3rd tier. The fans have started to attack the team following this dip in form, chanting, "Stop shaming the name of Dynamo" As head coach, former Dynamo player, Andrei Kobelev is the youngest in the Russian league at 40. Dynamo have had 17 different managers in the last 19 years. Kobelev has managed the team since 2006. Last year Dynamo were forced to sel their star striker, Danny, to Zenit St. Petersburg for 30 million Euros. He was the last remnant of the "Portugalisation" of Dynamo. Between 2004 and 2006 Alexei Fedorychev, a former member of the Dynamo reserve team who left and went on to become a fertiliser magnate, returned to buy the club and invested over 100 million Euros on new players. He signed 4 of Porto's Champions League winning side, Maniche, Derlei, Costinha and Giourkas Seitaridis on huge salaries. The dream was short lived and two years later he had to sell his majority stake to the bank. A revamped stadium was still in the pipeline and awaiting completion at the time. Dynamo are currently playing their home games at the 18,000 capacity Khimki Arena on the outskirts of the capital. I think to be honest Celtic know they need a win at home to make it through this stage. They will be at full strength and fresh from a morale boosting pre-season victory in the Wmbley cup. Their home form in Europe is excellent. They have only lost to Barcelona at home in something like 13 or 14 games. During that time beating the likes of AC Milan, Manchester United and Benfica. I would take Celtic @ 1.9 before it drops to nearer 1.7 before the game, which I am sure it will do.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Shaktar will obviously be heavy favourites against a side making their champions league debut, Shaktar are two games into their new season (won both) and should be in good physical condition their opponents have not yet started their season I dont think but did beat Wigan 2-0 in a friendly recently with a first choice team..I will be looking at the handicap but still only expect about 1.7 for -1.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Im with Celtic...amazing price IMO. Took it for 1.87. Celtic used to be a very hard team to play in front of their crowd. In Champions League they have an amazing record. Russian teams are very defensive, they will try not to conceed. Celtic already shown great performances against Al-Ahly and Tottenham.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July I don´t see much opportunities to make some bets in this round, probably Doneck and Copenhagen, both for win...tempting is also Celtic... What do you think about Levadia-Debrecen? Estonians seems to be in good shape, they kick out Wisla Krakov, ... laying Debrecen- colud be option..:unsure

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Sparta Prague v Panathinaikos Panathinaikos played 3 ties in champions league against the 2 top prague's teams slavia and sparta in the last 8 years.there was six victories for the greeks,the last ones against sparata a year ago,2:1 away and 1:0 at home,so from the begining they have history on their side.if we add the financial force ,i can see pana going to the next phase,why not from the first leg

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July My favourites have to be BATE Borisov, Debrecen and Panathinaikos. BATE Borisov are way too good for Ventspils at either ground and I expect them to win both legs. Panathinaikos always seem to end up playing Sparta Prague each year and generally tend to beat them. They've made some impressive acquisitions in summer and always play well in Europe. Sparta Prague seem to be losing more players than they're obtaining and struggled to finish the season last year with any kind of run because of it. Debrecen is the real bargain for me though. Levadia Tallinn are not a good side in the grand scheme of things. They played a massively disorganised, lacklustre and demoralised Wisla Krakow, which is why they progressed. Debrecen are on fire, having already put out Swedish outfit Kalmar. I fancy Debrecen to win both legs here - they're a considerable amount better than Levadia Tallinn

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July anderlect-sivas i wanna give you sure bet here.. sivas is awfull condition at the moment.. firstly, sivas bought best defender bilica to fenerbahçe..thum and balili left club this year.. he was the most important player for sivas.. sivas played lots of friendly game and got awfull results.. for this game most important players mehmet yıldız(striker) and sezer badur(midfield) wont play due to injury.. and kamannan , ersen martin is doubtfull.. anderlect straight wins; 1.7 betsson anderlect -1 ; 2.5

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Excellent info there Jase Celtic season ticket holder and have watched us pre-season v Cardiff (0-0), and in the two games at Wembley over the weekend ( 5-0 v al ahly and 2-0 v spurs ). The team certainly looks more confident under Tony Mowbary and playing better football as you would expect. We still look a bit suspect at the back though and it took 2 world class saves from Artur Boruc to keep a clean sheet against the Egyptians. We dont have any injury worries other than Scott Brown for wednesdays game, and with it being TM's first game at Celtic Park there should be a great atmosphere. Dont know a lot about the Russians apart from what has been posted above and that they are mid-table. In general Russian teams dont travel too well and Celtic have a superb home record in Europe, but on the other hand they are midway through their season and the game might have come a bit soon for Celtic. I expected the odds to be around 10/11 and that it was they were in Hills shops today. Best price online seems to be 5/6. Overall, the Moscow team news sounds encouraging from a Celtic point of view and I can see us sneaking it by a goal.

anderlect-sivas i wanna give you sure bet here.. sivas is awfull condition at the moment.. firstly, sivas bought best defender bilica to fenerbahçe.. he was the most important player for sivas.. sivas played lots of friendly game and got awfull results.. for this game most important players mehmet yıldız(striker) and sezer badur(midfield) wont play due to injury.. and kamannan , ersen martin is doubtfull.. anderlect straight wins; 1.7 betsson anderlect -1 ; 2.5
Thanks for this info mate. Anderleht looks a very nic ebet that is worth trying ! And i will do it becouse 1.72 for them atm ios not bad i guess it will drop till 1.60 or even 1.50 ! Finger crossed and hopeing for the best ! :hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Sparta Prague - Panathinaikos 28th July 09, 20:00 CET Generali Arena, Prague bet365.com: 3 - 3.2 - 2.4 My bet is Panathinaikos @ 2.4. It is really worth it. Last Matches 2002 Sparta - Panathinaikos 0:2 2002 Panathinaikos - Sparta 2:1 2008 Sparta - Panathinaikos 1:2 2008 Panathinaikos - Sparta 1:0 Greek teams are nightmare for Sparta and Slavia in continental cups. Sparta is in crisis. They last played Champions League in 2005/2006 season and they no more have squad, which can qualify to ChL. In 07/08 and 08/09, they did not win the Gambrinus liga and ended as a runners-up. They want to change it this year, but their squad is really not enough to go through Panathinaikos. Many players in Sparta are on loan from another clubs (Kalouda, StřeÅ¡tík, JirouÅ¡, Prudnikov, Pamič, Hubník...). They also bought Nicklas Hohender from LASK Linz, it was quite a surprise. Gambrinus liga, round 1, 24th July Teplice - Sparta 0:0 It was really poor match, very defensive. Prudnikov played 20 minutes, had one good chance, but missed. Coach of Sparta says that they will concentrate on defense, they want play it with clean sheet. It is unlikely that there will be three or more goals in this match. Panathinaikos are about to qualify to ChL. They bought Mattias Bjärnsmyr from IFK Göteborg, Sebastián Leto from Liverpool, Kostas Katsouranis from Benfica, Cedric Kanté on a free transfer from OGC Nice and Djibril Cissé from Marseille for €8m. Their good midfielders should beat Sparta today. Squads: Sparta: Blažek - KuÅ¡nír, Hubník, Řepka, Pamič - Žofčák, Vacek, HuÅ¡ek, Zeman - Holenda, Wilfried Panathinaikos: Galinovič - Spyropulos, Bjärsmyr, Sarriegi, Vyntra - Gilberto Silva, Katsuranis, Leto, Karagunis, Gabriel - Cissé. If Loukas Vyntra will play, it will be very motivating for him, as he has got roots in Czech Republic. :)

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Sporting are far too short against FC Twente. Sporting are struggling in pre season, leaking goals and having failed to win a single pre season match. I'm gathering more info. on Twente, looked good side against Braga here in Portugal the other day (and won 1-0), they seem underestimated at these odds. Will probably go for Twente +0,5 at around Evens.

Excellent info there Jase Celtic season ticket holder and have watched us pre-season v Cardiff (0-0), and in the two games at Wembley over the weekend ( 5-0 v al ahly and 2-0 v spurs ). The team certainly looks more confident under Tony Mowbary and playing better football as you would expect. We still look a bit suspect at the back though and it took 2 world class saves from Artur Boruc to keep a clean sheet against the Egyptians. We dont have any injury worries other than Scott Brown for wednesdays game, and with it being TM's first game at Celtic Park there should be a great atmosphere. Dont know a lot about the Russians apart from what has been posted above and that they are mid-table. In general Russian teams dont travel too well and Celtic have a superb home record in Europe, but on the other hand they are midway through their season and the game might have come a bit soon for Celtic. I expected the odds to be around 10/11 and that it was they were in Hills shops today. Best price online seems to be 5/6. Overall, the Moscow team news sounds encouraging from a Celtic point of view and I can see us sneaking it by a goal.
Good write up, the question i have as a betting proposition is although Celtic have a great home record against the best teams in Europe there are a few question marks that have to be answered. New manager Mowbrey has had little chance apart from a few friendly's to find his best combination. Who is going to be their main playmaker after Nakamuras departure? Past history with Scottish sides playing qualifying games before the start of their season have ended in disaster. Although they are playing a team that are missing a few player they are in the middle of their season and must be more seasoned than Celtic. Considering the odds on offer i think i will give this game a miss.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Anyone have any information on FK Baku? I am looking to back Levski Sofia away at Baku at around 6/4 which seems a very good price. All the stats point to an away win and this is Azerbaijan's first team ever to play in a 3rd qualifying phase of the CL whereas Sofia are far more experienced.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July "What do you think about Levadia-Debrecen? Estonians seems to be in good shape, they kick out Wisla Krakov, ... laying Debrecen- colud be option" I saw both Kalmar games and i must say that Debrecen was big suprise. Match tempo was much faster then in Swedish Allsvenskan games and Debrecen played very good football and were better side than Kalmar. Levadias squad is very weak, only estonian players and estonian league is very low level, they have home support like 100 or 200 per game. Season 2008 Chammpions league gualificiation they lost Droghdeda United both macthes home and away and i have no idea how they maganed to beat this polish side. If i were booker i my odds for this match: Levadia - Debrecen 4.00 - 3.10 - 1.60 or so. So all money for Debrecen here, they are big much better side!

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Hi everyone from Turkey :) Anderlecht - Sivasspor At first Sivasspor not a big team at Turkey. They showed slightly good perform near 2 years but only this. Their squad depth and football style not suitable for qualifying the cl groups. and they have lost some important players this year. fabio bilica went fenerbahçe (their best defence last year) and pini balili who is a good contra atack scorer left the team. and herve tum who is the made important goals last year for sivas he left the team. they have bought some new players. Ersen martin from recrativo huelva. he is long and good striker but not in good form now. yasin çakmak is the new transfer for the defence who is a young player and he sit at substittute nearly 2 years at fenerbahçe. and other new transfer for defance Mbamba. who taken from french league and only 20 years old he hasnt a europe cup's experince. so Sivasspor is a not good team now. i think experince anderlecht will easily win the match today. i am putting anderlecht's won to my bet and i suggest you play too. sorry for bad english. good luck everyone :) and the first 11's ANDERLECHT Proto Van Damme Juhasz Deaxschacht Wasilewski Boussoufa Biglia Polak Chatelle Suarez Frutos SİVASSPOR Michael Petkoviç Pieter Mbema Sedat Bayrak Uğur Kavuk Hayrettin Yerlikaya İbrahim Dağaşan Erman Kılıç Musa Aydın Akeem Agbetu Yannick Kamanan Ersen Martin

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July Hi...i'm from Timisoara,and a FC Timisoara supporter,and i can say,even if Shakhtar will beat us tomorow,they are not going to do it easy....your coach, mr. Sabau,is mr Lucrescu's 'kid'..they have worked togheter at 4 team,and learned from each other...and the confidance is up in your side...so i'm going with an X2 @ 3.29 and FC Timisoara to score at least one goal @ 1.90

Anyone have any information on FK Baku? I am looking to back Levski Sofia away at Baku at around 6/4 which seems a very good price. All the stats point to an away win and this is Azerbaijan's first team ever to play in a 3rd qualifying phase of the CL whereas Sofia are far more experienced.
Jack, Baku seem to have the same team as the previous two rounds. I personally have put some money in Fk Baku, the reason being is that they perform well at home, an they really posses some speedy players from south america, they have great gaol scoring forwards such as Felipe almeida from brazil ( 2 games 3 goals ) he came to Fk baku this year from the russian team spartak nalchik, and the other starting striker is the argenitian Perez. They aslo brought in another brazilian striker William Batisat from Kharkiv-ukraine, who is on bench tonite. the odds are better in the home side and i think they will win tonite :hope GL

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July I had a little time from betting,holidays and all... Well I'm from Timisoara and my opinion can't be very objective...our team is solid,and has a great ambition to have succes in Europe,but they are playing the uefa cup holders,and a far more experienced team...there is a new coach at Timisoara and i really don't know how things will turn up. I'm going to stay away from this game,but good luck to those who just can't.. :lol

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 28/29 July I agree with the Anderlecht pick. It's a very obvious one indeed at low odds, but Anderlecht have played 4 friendlies recently; these were a 4-3 win over Aalst, a 4-1 win over Tournai, a 2-2 draw against Zenit St Petersburg & a 1-1 draw to Genoa. Sivasspor have played out a 5-0 loss to Heerenveen as their only pre-season friendly. Last season Anderlecht won 14 out of 17 home games, whilst Sivasspor only have a 35% win ratio away from home. Anderlecht are an attacking side, so I'd expect to see a few goals.

Jack, Baku seem to have the same team as the previous two rounds. I personally have put some money in Fk Baku, the reason being is that they perform well at home, an they really posses some speedy players from south america, they have great gaol scoring forwards such as Felipe almeida from brazil ( 2 games 3 goals ) he came to Fk baku this year from the russian team spartak nalchik, and the other starting striker is the argenitian Perez. They aslo brought in another brazilian striker William Batisat from Kharkiv-ukraine, who is on bench tonite. the odds are better in the home side and i think they will win tonite :hope GL
fck referee, a clear penallty for fk baku not given :@