** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july )

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july )

any news on inter turku ' date='hafnarfjordur &maccabi haifa.all these 3 teams score more than 2 goals in a game.but i don't know the visitors.any info ?i see a straight win on all 3.thank u[/quote'] i do not trust inter turku,as their recent form has been terrible.But the other 2 should win.they are playing against poor team,and they will have home advantage...all in all i cannot see otherwise than a clear home win.

Salzburg should be able to win by 2 goals margin at least.Bohemain are in big financial crisis' date='and they must win,but they have no class to match Salzburg.[/quote'] hey mate ,if it is bohemians from rep irland iwould be carefull.they'r in a run of winning and they score goals like crazy.good luck:hope

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) Even not having big news from the teams playing today ill take some chances. Ventsplis - Dudelange +2.75 1.75 @ Bet365 half point staked Might sound crazy has Ventspils scored 15 goals in the last 3 league matches, but Dudelange had a good pre-season, drawing agains Liege and Troyes, keeping the result scoreless. They won 7-0 against Greevenmacher, 3rd placed in their home league that lost agains Vetra from Lithuania last week. Anyway, i believe Dudelange won´t bank the poor guys and may give a hard time to Ventspils. Inter Turku - Sheriff Over 2 1.71 @ Bet365 1pt Inter is an average Finish team, 6th placed at this point of the season. Sheriff dominated last years championship and at this time they might be fresh as their league just started and they won 6-0 away from home. Last year they scored 61 goals and concedeed 15 in 30 league matches. I believe they will try to get a goal and maybe take a small advantage to their home ground. Turku will definitely take the favourite role and try to attack... More bets to come...GL:hope

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) For me Maccabi should crush Glentoran for a number of reasons: 1.The weather will be very hot in israel with approx 60% humidity, for an irish team this spells major problems. 2.Glentoran have 1 poss 2 first teamers out and indeed a couple of their players are making their competitive debuts. 3. Maccabi have decent experience in europe and are full-time Glentoran are part-time. 4. Even Glentorans fans are expecting to get battered with many on their forums predicting up to a 5-0 loss. 5.Their management are not much better talking about 'keeping their pride intact' and 'giving their supporters a reason to come to the return leg'. 6. Glentoran have played only friendlies against poor amateur sides so far and even got beaten by one of those, not adequate preperation for facing the Israeli champions. This is prob the worst draw Glentoran could have got and they know it, they will be well out of their depth and only just scraped the championship last year, this is my only bet of the day and one of my biggest ever. I have taken Maccabi on a number of handicaps and I expect them to win by at least 3 clear goals..

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) WIT Tbilisi - Maribor WIT DNB 1.66 @ Bet365 1/2 pt Big time in the Maribor´s history for playing the Champions Qualifier. Otherwise WIT that is a more experienced side when it comes to European matches. Maribor won the Slovenian championship but had an awful away record, in 18 matches they managed to win only 4!!!!, they drew 8 and lost 6 with a 22-26 goal record. Hope they keep their bad record. Levski - Saint Julia Levski -3.5 1.75 @ Bet365 Not much to say about this one. Saint Julia defeat San Marino´s team in the penalties shoo-out, today they face an experienced teamthe that played Champions group-phase two years ago. Can see a 4-0, 5-0 home win.

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) Debreceni - Kalmar Over 2 1.6 @ Bet365 1pt Two attacking teams facing each other. Debreceni with 70 goals scored in the last season in 30 matches, 43 at home in 15 matches, almost 3 per game. Kalmar with a 2-3-2 record away from home in the swedish league, with 12-10 in goals. i believe they will attack and try to get a goal.. If Debreceni dreams about getting something from the Champions league, they have to do it today. So, i predict an open match with some goals. Tirana - Stabaek Under 2.5 1.75 @ Bet365 1/2pt I dont usually bet unders, but today i see two poor teams and think that Stabaek will try not to conceed more than they will try to score. Tirana is the albanian champion but they dont score a lot of goals: 58 in 33 matches last season. Stabaek is 6th in the Norwegian League, they will try to keep the defense tight, avoid goals and take the advantage to Norway.

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) my money is on tirana tonite. They have a new coach, a very experinced croatian man Ilija Loncarevic, who was a former coach of dinamo zagreb and many more teams. Tirana are the champions of Albania, and they plaay very well at home, they have quite a big squad, and got few new players from croatia, they also have many players that actually play for albania, which means its quite an experinced team. The stadium will be full... they have been training hard since they got to know their opponent.... My pick : Tirana to win @ 11/4 with paddy power.. :hope

For me Maccabi should crush Glentoran for a number of reasons: 1.The weather will be very hot in israel with approx 60% humidity, for an irish team this spells major problems. 2.Glentoran have 1 poss 2 first teamers out and indeed a couple of their players are making their competitive debuts. 3. Maccabi have decent experience in europe and are full-time Glentoran are part-time. 4. Even Glentorans fans are expecting to get battered with many on their forums predicting up to a 5-0 loss. 5.Their management are not much better talking about 'keeping their pride intact' and 'giving their supporters a reason to come to the return leg'. 6. Glentoran have played only friendlies against poor amateur sides so far and even got beaten by one of those, not adequate preperation for facing the Israeli champions. This is prob the worst draw Glentoran could have got and they know it, they will be well out of their depth and only just scraped the championship last year, this is my only bet of the day and one of my biggest ever. I have taken Maccabi on a number of handicaps and I expect them to win by at least 3 clear goals..
Correct.. this should be 3-0 plus

FC Copenhagen are without their captain Peter Larsson. The team has been training very hard all summer and they know that Mogren will not be easy. Their coach is going 100% for goals + lockdown in this match. The stadium has also been revived with new grass. In my oppinion they can beat Mogren, but it can also go the other way around. It is all about that first goal, and I think FC Copenhagen will get it.
Captain Peter Larsson ????? Is not captain m8, Hjalte Nørgaard is captain and Larsson never was. Dont know how you came up with that info, although you have FC Copenhagen logo and all.

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) In the champions league last year Dynamo Kiev were expected to thrash Drogheda United and it didn't happen. They scraped through 4-3 on aggregate. In both ties their lack of match practice showed and they failed to show Drogs enough respect. I can see the possibility of something similar happening with Salzburg v Bohemians. There is a gulf in class and the artificial pitch is a big factor but I'd be wary of Salzburg being overconfident and lacking sharpness. It's hard for me to be totally objective here as I'd really like Bohs to get a result or at least only lose by 1 so I'm going to watch this on telly, and see if any I can spot any value inplay.

Captain Peter Larsson ????? Is not captain m8, Hjalte Nørgaard is captain and Larsson never was. Dont know how you came up with that info, although you have FC Copenhagen logo and all.
Haha :D hmm yeah dont know why I wrote captain there. Must have been half a sleep when I wrote that. Hjalte is the captain of course. Copenhagen up by 3 goals now. Amazing :) and theyre not even playing with their best. Aparently Mogren are without 5-6 of their best tonight.

In the champions league last year Dynamo Kiev were expected to thrash Drogheda United and it didn't happen. They scraped through 4-3 on aggregate. In both ties their lack of match practice showed and they failed to show Drogs enough respect. I can see the possibility of something similar happening with Salzburg v Bohemians. There is a gulf in class and the artificial pitch is a big factor but I'd be wary of Salzburg being overconfident and lacking sharpness. It's hard for me to be totally objective here as I'd really like Bohs to get a result or at least only lose by 1 so I'm going to watch this on telly' date=' and see if any I can spot any value inplay.[/quote'] 1-1. Great result for Bohs. I wasn't fast enough to do anything inplay but I'm happy.

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) FC Copenhagen with a safe victory at 6-0. Three goals in the first half and the last three in the second. The return match shouldn't be much of a problem, unless they win 7-0! Which I hardly doubt. The commentators said that FK Mogren played like the clubs in the middle of the first division (second best league in Denmark) - a statement that seemed pretty fair judging out from tonight's game.

Debreceni - Kalmar Over 2 1.6 @ Bet365 1pt :$ Two attacking teams facing each other. Debreceni with 70 goals scored in the last season in 30 matches, 43 at home in 15 matches, almost 3 per game. Kalmar with a 2-3-2 record away from home in the swedish league, with 12-10 in goals. i believe they will attack and try to get a goal.. If Debreceni dreams about getting something from the Champions league, they have to do it today. So, i predict an open match with some goals. Tirana - Stabaek Under 2.5 1.75 @ Bet365 1/2pt :nana I dont usually bet unders, but today i see two poor teams and think that Stabaek will try not to conceed more than they will try to score. Tirana is the albanian champion but they dont score a lot of goals: 58 in 33 matches last season. Stabaek is 6th in the Norwegian League, they will try to keep the defense tight, avoid goals and take the advantage to Norway. Ventsplis - Dudelange +2.75 1.75 @ Bet365 half point staked :@:$ Might sound crazy has Ventspils scored 15 goals in the last 3 league matches, but Dudelange had a good pre-season, drawing agains Liege and Troyes, keeping the result scoreless. They won 7-0 against Greevenmacher, 3rd placed in their home league that lost agains Vetra from Lithuania last week. Anyway, i believe Dudelange won´t bank the poor guys and may give a hard time to Ventspils. Inter Turku - Sheriff Over 2 1.71 @ Bet365 1pt :@ Inter is an average Finish team, 6th placed at this point of the season. Sheriff dominated last years championship and at this time they might be fresh as their league just started and they won 6-0 away from home. Last year they scored 61 goals and concedeed 15 in 30 league matches. I believe they will try to get a goal and maybe take a small advantage to their home ground. Turku will definitely take the favourite role and try to attack... WIT Tbilisi - Maribor WIT DNB 1.66 @ Bet365 1/2 pt :$ Big time in the Maribor´s history for playing the Champions Qualifier. Otherwise WIT that is a more experienced side when it comes to European matches. Maribor won the Slovenian championship but had an awful away record, in 18 matches they managed to win only 4!!!!, they drew 8 and lost 6 with a 22-26 goal record. Hope they keep their bad record. Levski - Saint Julia Levski -3.5 1.75 @ Bet365 :nana Not much to say about this one. Saint Julia defeat San Marino´s team in the penalties shoo-out, today they face an experienced teamthe that played Champions group-phase two years ago. Can see a 4-0, 5-0 home win.
Staked: 4.5 Back: 5.25 Profit: 0.75 Yield: 16%

Re: Champions League » 2009-2010 (14/15 july ) :puke shocking hafnarjordur...they lost 0-4...wow,iceland teams are really dumping box ..last round valetta knocked one,yesterday a kazak team,so disgusting. anyone has some good news abt today matches?especially teams with big misses or important ones.

Does anyone know are helsingborg missing any player ????
Wrong competition, but..... From what I can make out, this will be the starting eleven.... Hansson; Wahlstedt, Nilsson, Ekstrand, Tamboura; C.Andersson, Lantz, Landgren, Makondele; Jönsson, Larsson That is pretty much a full strength squad, except for Erik Wahlstedt who is not a regular.

Wrong competition, but..... From what I can make out, this will be the starting eleven.... Hansson; Wahlstedt, Nilsson, Ekstrand, Tamboura; C.Andersson, Lantz, Landgren, Makondele; Jönsson, Larsson That is pretty much a full strength squad, except for Erik Wahlstedt who is not a regular.
Thanks man, i put some money on helsingborgs so hopefully it will come up...