** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Best bet of the day 8th July

4.40 Catterick Avontour looks to be well ahead of the handicapper at mo with last 4 runs reading 1322 last three runs come off a amrk of 61 which he runs off yet again today, Heslop riding again with a 5lb claim and does seem to get a tune out of this horse, also enjoys a cut in the ground 0.5pt e/w avontour

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 3.55 Lingfield Soccer looks a useful colt and this son of Van Nistelrooy could prove a cut above in the rest, rated someway clear of the field on official figures. Tom Dascombe's runner won over course and distance on his debut and although he didn't appear to beat a great deal, the fact the second and third won nto does boost the form a bit. He then ran in a conditions race at Newmarket and ran a cracker behind Monsiuer Chevalier, one of the most progressive juveniles we have seen this season. Richard Hannon's rival is rated in the hundreds and has already won in listed company, and bearing in mind the three and a half lengths that seperated them that day, Soccer's 97-rating here looks fair. The form of that race at HQ has been boosted through the third Iver Bridge Lad, who has won maiden and then listed races on his next two runs, and the fourth, Hearts of Fire, who had previously won the Brocklesby at Doncaster and was only narrowly touched off by Archers Road at Beverley before finishing a very respectable 5th of 22 in the listed Windsor Castle Stakes at Ascot. Soccer was well clear of that pair, and ran respectably when fourth in a listed race at Sandown when last seen. The first two home that day are very useful and the fact he had Fratellino behind looks good as that colt was beaten only a neck in the Windsor Castle Stakes himself. All in all, I think Soccer can give over a stone away to this opposition to win, and Ross Atkinson's claim reduces the weight burden slightly. 2 pt win - Supernap.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 2.00 Newmarket, 'Dark Lane' Big price, had him down as one to follow from 2 runs ago, when seemed to be cruising, couldn't find run and eased. Racing a lot of the horses from that day tomorow except he's over double their price. Well worth a bet. Value in my opinion. I'll have him as my first 1/2 point each way bet.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 2.00 Newmarket (6f, Class2, Gd) DAMIEN Barry Hill's DAMIEN should go well here albeit i am taking a chance on the draw as stall 2 could be good / and or bad! But the horse has form on all ground so easy ground is no concern to me, since winning on debut last year at Windsor over 6f, finished in front of the likes of Angelzarke, Indian Art & Ouqba next time at Newmarket behind elnawin in the yearling stakes in August. Followed by a 2nd nk behind awinnersgame in the Weatherbys sprint for 2yo's at Donny. Its last race last seaosn was a decent 4th place behind recent grp 1 winner Lord Shanakil beaten only 2.25L off level weights. Started this season in a 7f race on the AW at Lingfield, ending up 4th behind Clive Brittains Nashmiah who went on to win at Yorks May meeting. I didnt think much of its run behind Total Gallery at Ascot when finishing 6th of 9, but battled back on last start with a 3rd of 7 behind Danehill destiny in a listed race. I think this big field will help the horse a lot as it seems to go better in the big fields where there is limited bunching involved, using its draw it can pick its spot & find a way through. EW bet

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 7.50 KEMPTON-SUFFICIENT WARNING 0.5 e/w Trained in Spain and ridden by his Spanish jock this pair combined last month producing an easy 16/1 winner (who incidentally runs Thursday) with there only runner over here this year so the Spanish form may be fair enough and this is only a C6 so they could well land another coup. Has won over further than a mile but is worth taking a chance imo at a likely double figure price

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Newmarket 14:00 - Shamwari Lodge, 1pt (Each-Way) Super Nap Such an open race here as they go 7/1 the field but Shamwari Lodge having been a bit unlucky not to claim victory at Epsom LTO may go one better, she was drawn 13 of 15 at Epsom and Richard Hughes had to just sit and wait to make his move, I don't think he did much wrong but with a better draw you get the feeling she would of won. She's raced once previously at Newmarket over C&D which resulted in a win against fair opponents, she's drawn high here also but there does not seem to be many concerns about that, I took the Hannon/Moore combo yesterday so hopefully this one will be a little bit of payback, looks to be a major player in this race.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Newmarket 3.10 - RAINBOW VIEW - 2pts WIN SUPERNAP More encouraging run LTO in the Coronation Stakes at Ascot after a pretty disappointing campaign this year. Back at Newmarket and with a little more cut in the ground today I take this one to bounce back to form and turn over likely fave Goldikova.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 3:45 @ Newmarket - Elusive Pimpernel 0.5pt E/W No odds as of yet but this debutant is 12/1 on the tissue and I hear quietly fancied to do himself justice from the owners who have had 3 silver medals with their last three runners. Liquid Asset will go off fav however the form of his 2nd was is hard to read as the winner got stuffed in a listed race NTO. He also wasn't fancied at all that day - so for me its one out of the others and the Elusive Pimpernel's pedigree suggests he could well get this trip and even longer in time.. Dunlop/Ahern also had a second and first from two runners at Pontefract yesterday, so I'm plumping with this selection EW to try and make some ground on the leaders in this competition.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Newm 3.10 Spacious 1 pt win A group one here and I like the inform Spacious. There are a couple of quality performers in RV and Goldikova but RV for me shapes like 10f could be more her thing and Goldikova despite being quality last year, needs to prove she is back after a poor reappearance especially on bad ground. Instead it could be Spacious to take advantage. She has benefited from a change of tactics and it wouldn’t surprise me to see her make all like the jockey did on SP two years back in this race. She always showed ability although at 3 she never really went on after a good effort in the guineas. However with the change of tactics she could just prosper at 4 and take group 1 success.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 740 Worcester : Hope Road : Win Favourite Hope Road should take all the beating under his penalty, was very impressive on his switch back to hurdles last time and with doubts about a couple of his main rivals looks a solid option. Cailin Na Ri ran well when second earlier on but last time weakened quickly when stepped up in trip, needs to show he stays tonight. Billie Magern ran ok in a couple of novice hurdles but has been handicapping since and looks a tricky ride, always seems to stay on to late, to be fair he might have ran into better handicapped horses and could be the danger today. Ring For Time is being backed this morning, he showed nothing in a couple of novice races and then won a handicap very easily at Stratford, personally think he needs to improve again to beat Hope Road.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 1.30 Newmarket - LOVELY THOUGHT (win) Lovely Thought looks handily weighted on the form of her first two runs this year - beating Billy Beetroot at Yarmouth then a 3rd of 18 to Never Lose at Newbury. The rain softened ground will help not hinder, and she can track the front running Arabian Mirage on her inside to run well at big odds.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Newmarket 14.35 Misheer I'm gonna opose the Fav here Habaayib mainly due to value. I don't believe that Ed Dunlops fillie has that much form on the sel. Misheer was best of the rest home in the Queen Mary behind W Wards American runaway raider Jelous Again with three of todays opponents behind her all looking like they can handle the extra furlong. Also the sel. is proven to go with a bit of cut in the ground with a win in a listed event at York in may and none of the main players including the Fav can boast that form.:ok 2pt win (supernap plz BH)

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 16.40 Catterick - Avontuur Been in cracking form lately, won on the AW at the start of last month and has run on turf with form of 322 since all off the mark of 61 which it runs off of today. Was only beaten a short head LTO over 6 furlongs so the rise back up to 7 should suit thise horse fine.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 2.35 Newmarket - Little Scotland - EW Of the main runners in this race only Misheer and Little Scotland have form on ground with a bit of cut. Misheer beat Little Scotland by under a length on g/s at York and I think Little Scotland might be the better suited of the pair by the extra furlong and stiffer track and could reverse places. At the relative odds I reckon she's a fair EW flutter.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 2:45 Lingfield - Slip - Back Selling stuff for me again today after yesterday's success. Slip is officially well in against all but one of today's rival, and is only 2lb worse off with the other one. That one is bang out of form, whereas Slip has been holding his own in races much more competitive than this in much higher classes. Looks a gilt-edged chance to add a win to his belt 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Spiekeroog 5.15 Catterick (WIN) I've been following this one and saw it at Pontefract stepped up to 12f from running over 10f on its debut. The penny dropped in the final furlong but it was never going to catch the winner that was eased down and had already kicked for home. Should be ok on this ground and likely to benefit from the step up in trip and racing more prominently. Roses is a short priced fav based on NHF bumper form but I prefer the fact Spiekeroog has had flat racing experience and especially since it ran on a stiff, undulating left handed track at Ponty and Catterick is quite similar without the 2f turn for home.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 3.30 Catterick - Always Bold Successful hurdler who was far from disgraced at Royal Ascot coming 8th out of 20. This race here today is far weaker and although he is carrying alot of weight has won in far stronger flat races than this so should go close. Can run on any ground so the softer going shouldnt be a problem.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July

2:45 Lingfield - Slip - Back Selling stuff for me again today after yesterday's success. Slip is officially well in against all but one of today's rival, and is only 2lb worse off with the other one. That one is bang out of form, whereas Slip has been holding his own in races much more competitive than this in much higher classes. Looks a gilt-edged chance to add a win to his belt 1pt win
defrost that chicken :clap

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July BIG SLICK 4.40 Catterick. 0.5 points each way. This will be his third race after a lay-off, which is an angle in that I always like, and he's also dropped to an attractive mark of 55. The trip and ground's not a concern and should be able to have the race run to suit, so with David Allan being more than capable in the saddle, he looks good to go close.

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July Newmarket 3.45 Four of the first six in the betting have already run (Liquid Asset, Heading To First, Erfaan and Gold Diamond). I'm not inspired by the form of the first two mentioned and although Erfaan and Gold Diamond ran in races that have worked out well (and will continue to) they were beaten far enough to suggest they are beatable in your average maiden at the July meeting. Gold Diamond and Erfaan are feared but I believe the winner could be FTO here. When I back a FTO 2yo I do like a bit of value. John Dunlop has started well enough with his 2yo's and his Elusive Pimpernel looks a value bet to go well on debut. This one is expected to be decent so at the likely priced I'm getting involved. Elusive Pimpernel - Win

Newmarket 3.45 Four of the first six in the betting have already run (Liquid Asset, Heading To First, Erfaan and Gold Diamond). I'm not inspired by the form of the first two mentioned and although Erfaan and Gold Diamond ran in races that have worked out well (and will continue to) they were beaten far enough to suggest they are beatable in your average maiden at the July meeting. Gold Diamond and Erfaan are feared but I believe the winner could be FTO here. When I back a FTO 2yo I do like a bit of value. John Dunlop has started well enough with his 2yo's and his Elusive Pimpernel looks a value bet to go well on debut. This one is expected to be decent so at the likely priced I'm getting involved. Elusive Pimpernel - Win
Thanks for that:ok

3:45 @ Newmarket - Elusive Pimpernel 0.5pt E/W No odds as of yet but this debutant is 12/1 on the tissue and I hear quietly fancied to do himself justice from the owners who have had 3 silver medals with their last three runners. Liquid Asset will go off fav however the form of his 2nd was is hard to read as the winner got stuffed in a listed race NTO. He also wasn't fancied at all that day - so for me its one out of the others and the Elusive Pimpernel's pedigree suggests he could well get this trip and even longer in time.. Dunlop/Ahern also had a second and first from two runners at Pontefract yesterday, so I'm plumping with this selection EW to try and make some ground on the leaders in this competition.
:loon:nana Fair play to Billy who had it on the nose though, I had gone conservative and gone in E/W.

Newmarket 3.45 Four of the first six in the betting have already run (Liquid Asset, Heading To First, Erfaan and Gold Diamond). I'm not inspired by the form of the first two mentioned and although Erfaan and Gold Diamond ran in races that have worked out well (and will continue to) they were beaten far enough to suggest they are beatable in your average maiden at the July meeting. Gold Diamond and Erfaan are feared but I believe the winner could be FTO here. When I back a FTO 2yo I do like a bit of value. John Dunlop has started well enough with his 2yo's and his Elusive Pimpernel looks a value bet to go well on debut. This one is expected to be decent so at the likely priced I'm getting involved. Elusive Pimpernel - Win
:clap I'd heard it was decent myself, but the new disciplined me didn't back it :wall :lol

Re: Best bet of the day 8th July 16:20 Newmarket Simplification has been far from disgraced in all of it's runs, and it's experience may count for something today. Raced at a variety of distances and 1m2f seems it's strongest, finishing behind Eastern Aria (which has gone on to decent things) at Chester. May do better here today and be able to get a place here. A bit of market movement for this one also. 0.5pt EW

:nanaFollowed you with that one great shout!!!!