** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Qualification

Re: Champions League Qualification For those who are struggling with such a sounding football names, Mogren is champion of Montenegro, while THIS Hibernians has nothing to do with scottish club of similar name, but won last season of Maltese championship, and today they have the honor to open this season of Champions league; as usually, I will stay miles away from such a games, but I just scrolled down some local newspapers from here for you... ;) Mogren's coach, Dejan Vukicevic, in yesterday's interview stated that he did not accept the role of favorite in this duel, but will prepare his team as they are to play against team which is much stronger (but knowing our mentality, I believe that at least half of Mogren's players will underestimate Maltesians); as main disadvantage, he states the fact that Mogren has not played any single game, not even the friendly one, since championship finished, which is exactly one month ago, while Hibernians in the meantime won domestic "Eurocup", which is competition between maltese teams who will compete in european cups this season. Vukicevic is the same man who won the title with Mogren, and I think that they showed mental stability at the end of championship, when main rival and runner-up, Buducnost, shortened Mogren's gap of seven points to only two points with five or six rounds to go, if I remember well, but Mogren didn't give up and made five wins in last five rounds, so winning the championship; therefore I believe that Vukicevic will find the best position for each his man and will know how to establish proper startegy; out of players, captain Gluscevic left the team, and according to Vukicevic, they will have to put a lot of effort to compensate his leaving. On the other side, they say Hibernians' coach, englishman Marc Miller, has made a new set-up of his team, and now it does not play as other semi-amateur maltesian teams, but english way, basing attacks upon high assists into the box, and adjusting midfield just to strength of opposite team. Best maltesian player in previous season, Cleiton Faila, has left team, to join their rival Sliema, but the rest of players would know what they want, leaded by several experienced players - golakeeper Muscat (they say, famous maltesian GK), midfielders Galabov and Coen, and attacker Misfod. Hibernians is 10-fold Malta's champion, so Mogren might be a favorite in this match, but I don't believe it will be easy win... Out of curiosities, returning match will not be played in Budva, city where Mogren comes from, because their stadium does not meet UEFA requirements, but at Buducnost's stadium in Podgorica, about 60 km away; on the other hand, Hibernian's stadium is complex of 22 arenas for different sports, with 17.000 seats. And going to Malta yesterday afternoon, Mogren delayed several hours, because airplane needed to be disinfected, as one of the passengers who arrived with the plane was diagnozed with Mexican flu... As I said, I'll stay away, but if I had to bet, given these infos, I would go for unders at medium stakes... Anyway, good luck whatever you decide, and remember the golden rule when offer is poor like today: best pick of the day is not to bet at all! :ok

Re: Champions League Qualification I agree with you mate, Mogren is probable slightly favourite but I don´t see them winning this one, a draw 0:0 is most likely result in my minds... under 2.5 goals @1.95 (SBbet) - 6/10 correct score 0:0 @12 (sportingbet) - 1/10

Re: Champions League Qualification so if mogren are better quality but not as fit and if they do underestimate hibs who are fit and will have more motivation against these, i think hibs may well score here which could possibly make mogren try a lot harder after they have conceded, and then we may not have so boring a game as this could be

Re: Champions League Qualification under 2.5 goals @1.95 (SBbet) - 6/10:ok correct score 0:0 @12 (sportingbet) - 1/10:\ well, it was boring game even with 2:0 win by Mogren - but congrats to Mogren who will bring joy to their fans here in Montenegro:clap

Re: Champions League Qualification What are the feelings on today's return game, Sant Julia v. Tre Fiori? The odds have Sant Julia as a strong favorite at -200. From what I've read Sant Julia should have won the first game in San Marino. Any thoughts on this game? I would have to say that Sant Julia get the job done at home and win in regulation. Good Luck...

Re: Champions League Qualification

Are there any opinions of tomorrows qualifiers? Any full time players v part time games? FC Salzburg should dispose of Bohemians will minimal fuss shouldnt they?
Not really. Irish can surprise anyone. They are fighting to any team and at this moment they are totally in form in home league. They will miss their captain for this match. Much depends on Salzburg if they are already match fit and motivated to decide this encounter at home.

Re: Champions League Qualification Fair enough point mvp, Boh's should be fitter than Salzburg and they are good at home however I think Salzburg have a superior team..they are also very strong at home in the Austrian league winning 16 out of 18 in what is a better playing standard (not by much though)..I dont think Boh will be particularly disappointed with a 1-0 or 2-1 loss if it gives them a shot in the return game where they will fancy their chances far more..they have had more success in europe than other Irish teams but I can see them losing the first leg.

Re: Champions League Qualification

Fair enough point mvp' date=' Boh's should be fitter than Salzburg and they are good at home however I think Salzburg have a superior team..they are also very strong at home in the Austrian league winning 16 out of 18 in what is a better playing standard (not by much though)..I dont think Boh will be particularly disappointed with a 1-0 or 2-1 loss if it gives them a shot in the return game where they will fancy their chances far more..they have had more success in europe than other Irish teams but I can see them losing the first leg.[/quote'] Salzburg team have new coach and four new players.Be very dificult for Bohs.Salzburg play in artificult grass.