** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009

Azerbaijan - Wales 3.95 3.35 2.20 Kazakhstan - England 20.00 7.00 1.20 Slovakia - San Marino 1.02 16.00 63.00 Macedonia - Norway 2.75 3.25 2.60 Belarus - Andorra 1.07 13.00 50.00 Finland - Liechtenstein 1.12 10.00 35.00 Bulgaria - Ireland 2.15 3.30 4.00 Lithuania - Romania 3.10 3.30 2.50 Sweden - Denmark 2.15 3.25 3.70 Croatia - Ukraine 1.80 3.50 5.20 Serbia - Austria 1.50 4.30 8.65 Cyprus - Montenegro 2.40 3.25 3.00 Iceland - Netherlands 9.00 4.60 1.45 Albania - Portugal 8.00 4.40 1.50

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 Serbia coach Radomir Antic has called up 23 players for the upcoming WC 2010 Qualifying matches against Austria (H) and Faroe Islands (A). SERBIA Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (Getafe), Vladimir Disljenkovic (Metalurg Donetsk), Bojan Isailovic (G'birligi) Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United), Ivica Dragutinovic (FC Sevilla), Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund), Aleksandar Lukovic (Udinese), Antonio Rukavina (TSV 1860 Munchen), Ivan Obradovic (Partizan), Aleksandar Kolarov (Lazio) Midfielders: Dejan Stankovic (Inter Milan), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Fiorentina), Nenad Milijas (Red Star), Gojko Kacar (Hertha BSC), Milos Krasic (CSKA Moscow), Bosko Jankovic (Genoa), Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege), Miralem Sulejmani (Ajax) Forwards: Nikola Zigic (Racing Santander)*, Danko Lazovic (PSV Eindhoven), Marko Pantelic (Hertha BSC), Dragan Mrdja (Vojvodina) *Nikola Zigic will miss the Austria match through suspension Probable lineup: Serbia: Stojkovic - Ivanovic, Vidic, Dragutinovic, Obradovic - Krasic, Milijas, Stankovic, Jovanovic - Pantelic, Lazovic Serbia(1.44) to beat Austria!According to latest news, there will be a very good atmopshere at Maracana and the players are likely to have a very strong support in this absolutely crucial match.Surely, Austria will fancy their chances here, with the new coach in charge, but quality-wise they seem to be quite weaker than they used to be ahead of the first meeting.Serbia totally dominated in Austria, being 3:0 up after only 25 minutes or so, and they could have easily scored even more goals on the night.Generally speaking, Serbia are in a must-win situation against both Austria and the Faroes as they face the BIG FINAL of this group against France after these two matches.All the players and the coach are completely focused on this match, but the tiredness of many players keeps me away from any kind of HC betting.

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 My pic's: Azerbaijan - Wales @2 2.20 Kazakhstan - England @2 1.20 Lithuania - Romania @2 2.50 Croatia - Ukraine @1 1.80 Albania - Portugal @2 1.50 Total: 21.384 GL I don't know about the rest,but Romania has a new coach,new young players at the team,that has to prove a point,and they need to beat Lithuania after the disaster from the first leg...

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009

My pic's: Azerbaijan - Wales @2 2.20 Kazakhstan - England @2 1.20 Lithuania - Romania @2 2.50 Croatia - Ukraine @1 1.80 Albania - Portugal @2 1.50 Total: 21.384 GL I don't know about the rest,but Romania has a new coach,new young players at the team,that has to prove a point,and they need to beat Lithuania after the disaster from the first leg...
Lithuania should have a psychological edge over Romania, having beaten them once already. Romania seem to be in a bit of a transitional phase, and Lithuania appear to have found a way at keeping it tight home and away. They've only conceded 3 goals in their last 6 homes, which included a 1-0 loss to France. I can't pick a winner in that game, so I'd go for a draw there. I wouldn't bet anything on Wales if my life depended on it. They are woeful. Truly awful at the minute. They're out of the World cup after some dreadful performances, so if anything I'd go for under 2.5 as their strikforce seem to be treading water right now. Craig Bellamy just looks pi**ed off all the time because of the inequality in the team. Ajerbaijan shouldn't cause a problem, but in reality neither team can qualify.

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 RE: Albania v Portugal. Albania are another team that should get hammered 6-0 every time against a side such as Portugal.....however....both sides have already drawn 0-0 in Portugal. Albania have produced some pretty decent results recently at home. Only losing 1-0 to Hungary. Beating Malta and Liechenstein and drawing with Sweden. I'm sure a lot of punters will lump on Portugal @ 1.50, but I don't see it as such an easy game. I can see it finishing 1 or 2 nil to Portugal, so Under 2.5 would be the call here. The game to be drawn at half time wouldn't surprise me either.

I wouldn't bet anything on Wales if my life depended on it. They are woeful. Truly awful at the minute. They're out of the World cup after some dreadful performances, so if anything I'd go for under 2.5 as their strikforce seem to be treading water right now. Craig Bellamy just looks pi**ed off all the time because of the inequality in the team. Ajerbaijan shouldn't cause a problem, but in reality neither team can qualify.
"Wales boss John Toshack has suffered another savage blow with the loss of West Ham midfielder Jack Collison from his depleted squad. It means that four players have been forced to withdraw from the party that travels to Azerbaijan in 24 hours. It leaves Toshack with a squad of just 19 for the trip to Baku for Saturday's World Cup qualifier, including three goalkeepers. The only addition to the travelling party has been Swansea winger Shaun MacDonald, 20. The loss of Collison is just another blow to Toshack's plans. When the squad re-assembled at their Slough hotel near Heathrow on Monday, the 20-year-old's knee injury - aggravated against Estonia on Friday - received a thorough examination by the Wales medical team. It was decided that he would travel to Baku, and that Toshack would consider his fitness after more treatment. But on Tuesday morning Collison trained with the Wales squad at Bisham Abbey, and afterwards it was decided that he would not be fit enough to travel. Football Association of Wales spokesman Ceri Stennett said: "A five-hour-plus flight would certainly not have helped Jack's knee, and it was clear after training that there was no point taking a risk with him." Toshack had already been reeling from the loss of Gareth Bale, Ched Evans and Sam Ricketts on Monday. Tottenham defender Bale had, it is believed, picked up a cartilage injury following an accident while he was at home with his parents in Cardiff on Sunday. The injury had not been sustained in Friday's 1-0 friendly international victory over Estonia at Llanelli, where Bale had played on the left of midfield and produced one of his best displays for Wales in winning his 20th cap. Hot on the heels of that blow, Manchester City youngster Ched Evans pulled out following a scan on a back injury he received against Estonia. Then Hull defender Ricketts withdrew with a back problem that had kept him out of the Estonia game, amid hopes that he would be fit to face Azerbaijan. Wales searched for replacements, but the vast majority of potential call-ups had not been in training since the beginning of May while others were already on holiday. It means that MacDonald, who has 18 under-21 caps and spent half of last season on loan at Yeovil, was the only player who could be found at such short notice to be added to the party. This fixture has been problematic for Wales after several weeks of visa problems, and coming as it does more than a month after the majority of their players from Football League clubs had stopped training. Toshack said: "Generally I have been very pleased with the placing of our fixtures in this group, but when you have six teams in a meeting all wanting their own way, sometimes you have to accept something that is not what you want. "Frankly, playing in the first week of June falls into that category, it was the game we were always worried about." The loss of Collison also throws up what Wales believe is little more than a minor problem. He has yet to play a competitive international for the Welsh after five previous caps. That means the Watford-born midfielder can still qualify for England, and he had said this week that by "pulling on a red shirt in Baku I will end that situation once and for all and show my allegiance". However, Collison will play against Russia in September in the next World Cup qualifier, and he insists he is determined to end any speculation about his international future by committing himself to Wales." The Welsh pool of talent appears to be thinning out......

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 Sweden and Portgual bankers of the day for me.Especially Portugal.Even draw results could throw out Portugal out of South Africa. 6st June National Day of Sweden...

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 Eh, I don't back sides who go away to play Albania. They're better than people think, especially against a Portugal side who can't seem to beat anyone other than Malta. I like a draw here. Best value has to be a home win for Lithuania although at draw no bet. Romania haven't been the same since the Euros. Lithuania's 3-0 win flattered them in Romania as it was an even game, but by taking your chances you win games. I fancy the hosts because they're resilient, very hard to beat and have some talent in their ranks, as well as possessing a very good coach. Romania are now under new leadership, there's a bit of an unknown factor there but the home side are well-organised. France struggled to beat Lithuania both times and in my opinion, they shouldn't have won either. I'm going to call 2-1.

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 Croatia v Ukraine looks intresting. Croatia very confident and keep saying it will be easy match for them.Both teams know each other very well.First match ended 0-0 and i would give little advantage to Croatia.But is it going to be so easy for them this time? It reminds me about England v Ukraine,where England were strong favorite and at the end were lucky to win 2-1.I will give more info about Ukraine on friday or saturday but looks Mihaylechenko will have big choice up front as Sheva,Voronin,Milevsky and Kovpak("Tavria"top goal scorer in Ukraine 2008/2009) all fit and ready.

Eh, I don't back sides who go away to play Albania. They're better than people think, especially against a Portugal side who can't seem to beat anyone other than Malta. I like a draw here. Best value has to be a home win for Lithuania although at draw no bet. Romania haven't been the same since the Euros. Lithuania's 3-0 win flattered them in Romania as it was an even game, but by taking your chances you win games. I fancy the hosts because they're resilient, very hard to beat and have some talent in their ranks, as well as possessing a very good coach. Romania are now under new leadership, there's a bit of an unknown factor there but the home side are well-organised. France struggled to beat Lithuania both times and in my opinion, they shouldn't have won either. I'm going to call 2-1.
I agree with you,France beat hardly with a Lucky goal by Ribery.But Romanians think different.Important is whether Chivu and Mutu will be available or not otherwise I think Romania lost chance in Austria.Even 3 win and 2 draw will not be enough for Romania which France and Serbia have great fixture advantages.

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 I'd still fancy Romania to finish above France as I have absolutely zero confidence in France's footballing ability anymore as a team. Serbia are magnificent currently though, I expect to see them at the World Cup!

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 i'm still going on Romania...there war roumers that the loss with 3-0 in the first game,was only the players trying to get the coach fired....and they done it....and the new guys sayed that they want revenge... Edit: i just read in the press that Romania squad has 2 injured players..both central midd...i'm going on an X2 now.. :\

RE: Albania v Portugal. Albania are another team that should get hammered 6-0 every time against a side such as Portugal.....however....both sides have already drawn 0-0 in Portugal. Albania have produced some pretty decent results recently at home. Only losing 1-0 to Hungary. Beating Malta and Liechenstein and drawing with Sweden. I'm sure a lot of punters will lump on Portugal @ 1.50, but I don't see it as such an easy game. I can see it finishing 1 or 2 nil to Portugal, so Under 2.5 would be the call here. The game to be drawn at half time wouldn't surprise me either.
Portugal have serious fundamental problems they simply can't score! teams find it too easy to sit back and defend for 90 minutes against them tbh i wouldn't go near potugal in the form they are in atm :)

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 I have to admit that Serbia squad affected me once again also this game will be like final match for them.I think a victory shall guarantee top 2 table for them.

RE: Albania v Portugal. Albania are another team that should get hammered 6-0 every time against a side such as Portugal.....however....both sides have already drawn 0-0 in Portugal. Albania have produced some pretty decent results recently at home. Only losing 1-0 to Hungary. Beating Malta and Liechenstein and drawing with Sweden. I'm sure a lot of punters will lump on Portugal @ 1.50, but I don't see it as such an easy game. I can see it finishing 1 or 2 nil to Portugal, so Under 2.5 would be the call here. The game to be drawn at half time wouldn't surprise me either.
Totally agree !

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 I am tempted to play Serbia + Netherlands double @ 2,03 Cashpoint atm. Were clearest mismatches at first glance. Both opponents, Austria and Iceland are at least one class below deserved favorites. Serbia is playing hell of qualification this year, won 4 out of 5 matches, very good team and oviously nice team atmosphere atm. They already won in Austria 3:1 and I wouldn't be surprised to beat them again in handicap at home. Being 2 points in front of "almighty" France, they will do their duty at WE for sure... Netherlands are without any serious opponents in their group, won all their 5 matches. Sure, season is over in Netherlands and top European leagues, where most of squad plays, but as I know van Marwijk from his Dortmund times, he isn't kind of coach to give away such matches, though a draw would be ok for them. I'll await team news to decide stakes, but I think we'll see Netherlands A Team to make trip to skandinavian side.

Croatia v Ukraine looks intresting. Croatia very confident and keep saying it will be easy match for them.Both teams know each other very well.First match ended 0-0 and i would give little advantage to Croatia.But is it going to be so easy for them this time? It reminds me about England v Ukraine,where England were strong favorite and at the end were lucky to win 2-1.I will give more info about Ukraine on friday or saturday but looks Mihaylechenko will have big choice up front as Sheva,Voronin,Milevsky and Kovpak("Tavria"top goal scorer in Ukraine 2008/2009) all fit and ready.
clearest under 2,5 goals of round for me, both teams neutralize each other in an amazing way :)

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 For those who are thinking of backing portugal,i suggest them to keep away from it. Albania are quiete a decent team at home, they only lost against hungary, which it was an unfortunate and unlucky for albania, was watching that game. Albania drew against portugal in portugal even though albania was playing with 1 player less coz of the red card in the first half. Also Albania got a new couch from croatia, just read it in the news rite now that he is going to play with two strikers Erjon Bogdani ( who plays for chievo, and played a great role in the survivibng of chievo along with Pelliser ) and the other striker is Hamdi Salihi, who is the top striker of the SV Ried in the Austrian super league. the midfildiers will probably be Skela (energie cottbus), Duro (Omonia), Lala ( Hannover) and their best player Lorik Cana (marseille) who is the most wanted player in the english premierleague. There is no missing player in defence either, the team looks in great shape and high spirits. my bets : Albania win or Albania draw :hope

For those who are thinking of backing portugal,i suggest them to keep away from it. Albania are quiete a decent team at home, they only lost against hungary, which it was an unfortunate and unlucky for albania, was watching that game. Albania drew against portugal in portugal even though albania was playing with 1 player less coz of the red card in the first half. Also Albania got a new couch from croatia, just read it in the news rite now that he is going to play with two strikers Erjon Bogdani ( who plays for chievo, and played a great role in the survivibng of chievo along with Pelliser ) and the other striker is Hamdi Salihi, who is the top striker of the SV Ried in the Austrian super league. the midfildiers will probably be Skela (energie cottbus), Duro (Omonia), Lala ( Hannover) and their best player Lorik Cana (marseille) who is the most wanted player in the english premierleague. There is no missing player in defence either, the team looks in great shape and high spirits. my bets : Albania win or Albania draw :hope
Someone shares my view Portugal simply can't score atm! They are also under a lot of pressure to win this game, if they don't they are almost surely out of the world cup! Albania are not on a level at all with Portugal but they have a few good players who are experienced and are certainly no mugs. Away matches are always tough and Portugal will need a big performance to beat the Albanians. No bet for me, maybe I will have a punt on the live score if i can't see something worth it.

I agree with you' date='France beat hardly with a Lucky goal by Ribery.But Romanians think different.Important is whether Chivu and Mutu will be available or not otherwise I think Romania lost chance in Austria.Even 3 win and 2 draw will not be enough for Romania which France and Serbia have great fixture advantages.[/quote'] A number of discussions on the Lithuanian and Romanian teams match.Keep money guys for other matches.Clear no bet Lithuania-Romania for me.:D

Re: WC 2010 Qualifiers (Europe) 06 Jun 2009 Romania is currently doing new kinds of tactics lol...the main thing is that after the defender passes the ball,the midd and atackers have to score in 4 secounds lol :)) and it seem that it has worked,i saw some videos from Romanian training...

A number of discussions on the Lithuanian and Romanian teams match.Keep money guys for other matches.Clear no bet Lithuania-Romania for me.:D
totally agree, dont understand why people talk about matches like this, i looked at the fixture once and wont look at it again! mystic meg couldnt predict this with her crystal ball so why risk ur cash on it? there are plenty of fixtures with decent odds to be found.. belarus to win both haves at 13/8? thats worth a punt, as is England to do the same at the same price. Really like the Serbia & Netherlands double, both in impressive form and with players having had a couple weeks rest,im sure they'll come up with the goods. You dont lose your ability just because your club league campaign is finished, if anything they will be more relaxed and focused on the national teams aim. I also fancy Australia to carry on ther strong form against bottom of the group qatar, they beat them 4-0 in the reverse fixture and i think at 4/6 they are a decent price. Anyone have any thoughts or info on the aussies??

Romania is currently doing new kinds of tactics lol...the main thing is that after the defender passes the ball' date='the midd and atackers have to score in 4 secounds lol :)) and it seem that it has worked,i saw some videos from Romanian training...[/quote'] If you place a bet because of this you need locked up! goodluck tho :hope