The "All Green" Grand National 2010 - NOW INCLUDING 2011!!

This glory hunt will be judged as successful in 2 ways: 1. Primarily I would like to go into the Grand National 2010 race with a "green" book on betfair with at least one horse of the 40 showing a profit, but preferably five or six. This would be a success in the sense that I would have at least 1 "free" bet on the race. 2. Secondary to this, the next measure of success will be if any of them actually win the race. I will target horses that I think are overpriced and will shorten throughout the year to the extent that I can lay them later on. Bets will obviously be pretty sporadic as it is so early, but I had a glance at the weekend and placed my first two bets: Ballytrim £5 @ 161.2 Willie Mullins has openly stated that this horse will be targeted at either the Irish Grand National or the Aintree equivalent next season, so to see him trading at such a big price was a surprise, even given the possibility he might go for the Irish version. He still looks to be improving as his last 2 runs have probably seen his 2 best performances. They will also have assured his stamina is good enough, winning over 30f on unsuitably heavy ground last time and winning after staying on over 28f prior to that. Irish trained is usually a good thing in the recent history of this race and Willie Mullins has previously won it with Hedgehunter. Currently rated 132 over fences, that probably wont be enough to get him into the race but as he is still on the upgrade, id expect that rating to increase enough by next April to get him in. A rise of about 7lb should be enough. Just have to hope they opt for the Aintree version :hope Denman £5 @ 23.0 He was entered in the race this year but connections decided against it late in the day after a pretty traumatic season. He ran a decent race in the circumstances in the Gold Cup, staying on for 2nd behind Kauto Star and then departing 2 fences out when running a big race at Aintree after that . I have a feeling they could be tempted this year and considering he traded at prices as low as 6/1 last year, could be tradeable at 23.0. BACKS

Denman 23 £5.00 £110.00
Ballytrim 161.2 £5.00 £801.00
Others on my radar at the moment are ACCORDING TO JOHN and GONE TO LUNCH, trading at 100.0 and 55.0 respectively. I'll probably wait until the jumps season starts before assessing those though.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.