** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open match betting

Re: French Open match betting I'm about to lay Murray winning the tournament, but it's more 'a feeling' than something backed up with facts. And..... well, get ready, back Tommy Robredo. I've watched 2 of his games so far and boy he is on fire. 70/1 on betfair, I simply CAN'T miss that. I'm following his plays for 6 months now and I think he has the skills to win this. Vs Kohlschreiber Tommy was playing amazingly, regardless he was expected to win that one easily (at least from me). The German played great, as he always does against passive opponents, but eventually lost. In the previous round Kohl.. threw the bomb - sent home Djokovic, who was some kind of favorite. I hope Robredo learned his lesson the hard way and will be really confident from now on. His game goes from one end to the other, but it is just 3 more matches, so... T Robredo @ 70 w/ Betfair Good luck, mates.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open match betting

Gonzalez tb Murray @ 11/10 Good price.Has the game to punish Murray - one of the best forehands in tennis.Has played very good so far without any problems.Gonzo is a better clay court player than Murray and if he keeps his head he can win.
WIN :gimme:cheers:beer Could only watch the last set with nerves.Had quite alot of money on it.Great performance Gonzo.

Re: French Open match betting I'm trying something different, I've back the Spanish speaking players to win the tournament. I know Fed has a big chance but there are better players than Tommy Haas on clay that can punish Fed if he messes up.

Re: French Open match betting ok, noticed something about the doubles matches today and not sure where to go so require some feedback at 1320 today we have the ladies doubles - one team of which contains l huber then at 1545 we have the mixed doubles and once again we have the lady l huber participating now - in that second match, the team containing l huber is the favourite is anyone else thinking she might be tired after the first match and so should lay against them for the second match - or will participating in the first match mean her "eyes are in" for the second match? might be an interesting bet to lay against her in match 2

Re: French Open match betting Gonzalez tb Soderling @ 8/11 Great match in the making, two players playing at a very high level and hitting huge from the baseline.Soderling has had a great tournament beating Ferrer, Nadal and Davydenko in emphatic fashion.Gonzo likewise has been tremendous and put Murray to the sword yesterday.And I fancy him to go through tomorrow.His forehand is one of the best shots in tennis right now - hitting winners consistently and if not, it allows him to dictate the point.Has beaten Robin twice on clay(one retirement for Soderling) and must feel this is a massive chance for him with the big-hitters out Federer aside.Most likely go to 4 or 5 sets and I give Gonzalez a slight edge though a case could be made for Soderling too. Good Luck!

ok, noticed something about the doubles matches today and not sure where to go so require some feedback at 1320 today we have the ladies doubles - one team of which contains l huber then at 1545 we have the mixed doubles and once again we have the lady l huber participating now - in that second match, the team containing l huber is the favourite is anyone else thinking she might be tired after the first match and so should lay against them for the second match - or will participating in the first match mean her "eyes are in" for the second match? might be an interesting bet to lay against her in match 2
Don't think that will be much of an issue. She's a very experienced doubles player, and I'm pretty sure she plays ladies and mixed at all slams. Plus doubles is much less tiring than singles. And she should have at least 2 hours of rest as she's in the 2nd set of her match now, and Federer v Monfils hasn't even started yet.

Gonzalez tb Soderling @ 8/11 Great match in the making, two players playing at a very high level and hitting huge from the baseline.Soderling has had a great tournament beating Ferrer, Nadal and Davydenko in emphatic fashion.Gonzo likewise has been tremendous and put Murray to the sword yesterday.And I fancy him to go through tomorrow.His forehand is one of the best shots in tennis right now - hitting winners consistently and if not, it allows him to dictate the point.Has beaten Robin twice on clay(one retirement for Soderling) and must feel this is a massive chance for him with the big-hitters out Federer aside.Most likely go to 4 or 5 sets and I give Gonzalez a slight edge though a case could be made for Soderling too. Good Luck!
I am going to back Gonzales here too. He was really amazing vs Murray, he was very confident and focused. He is the better clay courter than Söderling is. And in my opinion the longer the match runs the edge of Gonzales will get bigger and bigger. And he surley knows that this is his big chance to win a big one after Nadal ist out of it. Söderling already reached more than he could expect, was good against Davydenko but not that impressive as Gonzo was against Murray. It´s going to be tigh but Gonzo will take it down.

Re: French Open match betting ok, wondering whether there is any value in this lay i am pondering gonzalez vs soderling - laying a 3 set finish its a bit of a risky one as gonzalez has only dropped one set in the whole tournament (against murray) and soderling dropped one set against nadal but won in straight sets against daydenko so i figure once one of these players gets on a roll they could very quickly close out the match what do you fellas reckon?

ok, wondering whether there is any value in this lay i am pondering gonzalez vs soderling - laying a 3 set finish its a bit of a risky one as gonzalez has only dropped one set in the whole tournament (against murray) and soderling dropped one set against nadal but won in straight sets against daydenko so i figure once one of these players gets on a roll they could very quickly close out the match what do you fellas reckon?
Defently cant see Söderling win this in straight sets, sure he beat Davydenko but he Davy wasnt on top of his Game still recovering from an injury and didnt played on clay often this season before the French Open. And Söderling is a very good Starter alsways focused from the first Minute i can see him taking down the first and the loosing 1-3. Think there is some value in this, this is going to be a tight one :clap

Re: French Open match betting Soderling - Gonzalez Gonzalez beat with only one serious opponent at French Open. On the other Hand , Soderling beat Ferrer , Nadal and Davydenko. Both players like playing aggressive. Also victory of gonzalez against murray is not important for this match, because murray hasn't got any success at clay court. If Soderling plays with Gonzalez's backhand , i think this match will be no problem for Soderling. Soderling @2.20

Re: French Open match betting well gonzo breaks soderling to take the third set 7-5 phew the number of times i thought i should back out and take a loss - glad i didnt and soderling is starting to look a little tired/a little tight might be a good time to back gonzo for the win

Re: French Open match betting Hi guys thought id join up after reading this thread. i took gonzales at 80s for the outright near the starts. Bit nervous atm but i think he will get this back now. May have been a bit out of order his actions regarding the call for out, but it was defo out imo.

Re: French Open match betting glad i didnt back gonzo when he was down there - but to be fair once he went 4-1 up in the decider i would most certainly have backed soderling and greened it up never mind after the tension of the first 3 sets i didnt really want to put anymore money on this one - lol personally i quite enjoyed the way he rubbed out that mark

Re: French Open match betting Safina - Kuznetsova Safina is playing tennis at least 2 level higher than Kuznetsova. Safina is both good at making defence and attack on clay. On the other Hand , Kuznetsova usually is not consistent at defence. Safina is more patient at long rallies.Moreover Safina has better serve. Safina is improving her tennis and working very hard. Kuznetsova did not improve her tennis since 2004. Safina will win the match very easily. Safina 2-0 @1.90

Re: French Open match betting A 2-0 Safina win is 5/4 over at Sportingbet, 6/5 at VCBet and 11/10 over at Bet365/Ladbrokes. I'd be surprised if Kuznetsova can do anything against Safina and it should be 2-0 to Safina. Svetlana seemed to be one of the few pre-tournament who was capable of giving her much of a challenge unless you count that slight scare in the quarter-final match against Victoria Azarenka but yeah, she's had to play a few three set matches to get to the final and the momentum is ominously with Safina. Which Dinara and Svetlana will turn up though!? The one from Stuttgart or the one from Rome? :unsure H2H: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/HeadToHead/0,,12781~8108~4467,00.html

A 2-0 Safina win is 5/4 over at Sportingbet, 6/5 at VCBet and 11/10 over at Bet365/Ladbrokes. I'd be surprised if Kuznetsova can do anything against Safina and it should be 2-0 to Safina. Svetlana seemed to be one of the few pre-tournament who was capable of giving her much of a challenge unless you count that slight scare in the quarter-final match against Victoria Azarenka but yeah, she's had to play a few three set matches to get to the final and the momentum is ominously with Safina. Which Dinara and Svetlana will turn up though!? The one from Stuttgart or the one from Rome? :unsure H2H: http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/HeadToHead/0,,12781~8108~4467,00.html
ive had a fairly decent tournament and i highly doubt Svetlana will lose 2-0. i think she might get up here, but i'm not going to bet on it!

Re: French Open match betting Can't help but think of the massive pressure on Federer tomorrow - he's now 1.28 to become the best player ever! I would have thought Soderling would have cracked under the pressure by now but he has remained strong. Beating Ferrer, Nadal, Davydenko and Gonzalez is an incredible achievement and maybe he still has 1 more big perfomance in him. Robin Soderling to beat Roger Federer @ 4.50 Totesport seems good!

Re: French Open match betting ok, i have finally gone and done it federer should win but i cant see him winning 3-0 especially with him starting slow and soderling starting fast so i have laid 3-0 federer sods law says federer takes it 3-0 after struggling against del potro and haas - lets see what happens