** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open match betting

Just a few quick thoughts for Sunday... ODESNIK @ 5.00 Ladbrokes/Stan James. Simon is a shell of him former self recently. 3 loses in World Team Cup and how could you really look at him at such a short price? Also poor record at the French. Odesnik is a tricky lefty clay-courter and has quite a funky style. He did well on the American stuff in Houston but since then not much. Did well here last year getting to the 3rd round. LU @ 3.60 Pinnacle. This price just stands out. Lu is the superior player here. Montcourt is better on clay and in better form coming in but still I think this is a bit big. Montcourt fav but I wouldn't go over 3.00 for Lu. POLANSKY @ 2.00 Stan James. Polansky showing some good stuff in qualifying, looks to have fully recovered from shoulder problems. Petzschner not for me on clay. Polansky deserves to be a slight fav. GULBIS @ 1.862 Pinnacle. Tough match here. Gulbis has poor form coming in, but I see this as a decent match-up for him and could bring out the best in him. Also he had a great run here last year to the quarters and I see him getting it together. Querrey can he pretty solid on clay but Gulbis the superior player (if he stops hitting the back fence:D).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open match betting Few of my selections for Sunday/Monday... Ljubicic tb JC Ferreiro @ 5/6 Good price on Ljubo here I think.Two players who have both performed well at RG in the past but JCF is nowhere near the player he used to be.Highlight of his year has been winning Casablanca but his European dirt tournaments have been nothing to get excited about.Ljubicic is quite inconsistent these days but had good runs in Madrid and Monte Carlo with wins over Del Potro,Bolelli,Simon and Tsonga and losses to only Rafa and Novak.Been quite impressed with some of his play recently,playing very smart tennis with powerful serve and groundstrokes.JCF doesnt move aswell as he used to and I expect a Ljubicic win here. Stepanek x Monaco x Chardy x Gonzalez @ 1.89 Going to do an accumulator aswell.Stepanek plays Gaudio which could be tough but expect him to win.Monaco plays Baghdatis who has barely played recently,while Monaco is in great form.Chardy is also in decent form and should have too much for Phau.While Gonzalez will beat Vanek. Also considering Vassallo-Arguello over Bellucci and Tipsarevic over Montanes but have to read into them a bit more first. Good Luck!

Re: French Open match betting Thanks for the Odesnik heads up Mr.I. I've gone for it @ 5.00 with modest stake on betfair as they pay out in the event of retirements. If Simon's as tired and disheartened as he's been saying, he might not wish to go the distance and be humiliated in front of his home crowd. We'll see. :hope

Re: French Open match betting 1-2 today with both loses in 5 sets which is a bit of a shame. CIBULKOVA @ 2.19 Pinnacle. Cibulkova has been out for a few weeks but I'd still make her a slight fav here. She's done pretty well in her 2 visits here compared to Alona who has won 1 match in 3 attempts at the main draw. Bondarenko did fairly well last week but had a pretty soft draw and make a bit of a hash of the final. If Cibulkova was coming in here with reasonable form she'd be 1.50 for this, and I think she's been pushed out too far (clearly aided by people seeing A-Bond on TV last week:D).

Re: French Open match betting Great to see you're back MrI , we missed you here the last months. Koellerer @ 1.73 (Betfair) Pure on form this bet Massu had a really bad gravelseason so far . So I think Koeller will have too much here today for him. Starace @ 2.08 (betfair) Both players gave up in their last tournement, Zverev had a good run in Rome but Rome is much faster then RL and Starace likes the slower courts much more than hardhitter Zverev

Re: French Open match betting My two selections above are still pending - Ljubicic and Monaco play tomorrow and Chardy's part in the acca is void now after Phau pulled out. Doing: Seppi tb Garcia-Lopez @ 4/7 Bad match-up for GGL here.Seppi holds a 3-0 lead in H2H's and has played quite well throughout the clay season and is a fighter.GGL had his first ATP win last week in Kitzbuhel but Seppi is overall a better player and should take this. Seppi to win first set @ 4/6 Djokovic x Gonzalez to win their respective quarters @ over 3/1(approx 3.2/1) Nole is playing very well on clay and will have some competition from Del Potro, but fully expect him to get to the semi's.Gonzalez is second to Murray in the betting for his quarter but I'd give Gonzo the edge.Murray has some tough players in his draw like Tipsarevic and Stepanek while I cannot see anyone stopping Gonzalez from reaching the quarters.Should he meet Murray there,I'd certainly give him the edge on clay.

Re: French Open match betting Nice win on Cibulkova. Fancied going against Monfils because of his dodgy knee, but Reynolds is awful, in very poor form and useless on clay:lol. M GONZLAEZ @ 2.72 Betfair (lay Fish @ 1.58). Quite fancy Max for this. He's improving and shown some good stuff this year. He's a solid clay courter who's not afraid to go for his shots and won't allow Fish to control the rallies. Fish has looked OK on the clay but here his record is poor and hopefully in slow conditions Gonzalez will be too strong. SEPPI @ 1.57 Will Hill. Garcia-Lopez had a great week last week taking the title but with the change in conditions fancy a let down here. Never had him as much of a clay courter and Seppi should be able to grind him down. H2H is 3-0 to Seppi and can't see GGL changing that here.

Re: French Open match betting

Nice win on Cibulkova. Fancied going against Monfils because of his dodgy knee' date=' but Reynolds is awful, in very poor form and useless on clay:lol.[/quote'] Apart from that he's got a lot going for him :lol:lol. Good luck tomorrow Mr I :ok.

Apart from that he's got a lot going for him :lol:lol.
Thing is I could still see it happening as Monfils looked very poor last week in an exhibition - and with the pressure from the French crowd and all that:unsure:unsure. But the priced has that fully factored in I think, best price 7.00 at Stan James (6.00 at Ladbrokes a 1-ball bookie) would surely be double that if Monfils was in shape.

Thing is I could still see it happening as Monfils looked very poor last week in an exhibition - and with the pressure from the French crowd and all that:unsure:unsure. But the priced has that fully factored in I think, best price 7.00 at Stan James (6.00 at Ladbrokes a 1-ball bookie) would surely be double that if Monfils was in shape.
Aye, he showed that he can cope with the pressure last year though didn't he?

Re: French Open match betting Ferrero - Ljubicic I´m not sure. Ljubicic is leading the H2H with 3-1, one clay match in 2004 and the last clash was in 2005. A long time ago. Ferrero is 11-5 in this year on clay. Won Casablanca. Ljubicic was a often in the QF but no big points in this season. Ljubicic is 8-4. But performed well in spain. He sent off Tsonga,Gilles and lost versus a strong Djokovic. But Gilles (7) and Tsonga (9) were better in the ATP rankings than the croatian (53) and Ferrero is 103th of the ladder. I guess that we will have a 5 set crime. So 5 sets, over 40 games or Ljubicic will be good possibilties. M.Gonzalez - M.Fish Can´t agree with a Gonzelez win here. Fish is 16-11 in this season and Gonza is 5-5. Doesn´t made any big points on clay for me. Out in the 1st round in spain versus Crugnola(188) before he left the tourney after the 2nd round (Estroil), first round out in Housten/TX versus Gimeno-Traver (81). And in march he lost in the second round versus a N/A with 0-6 and 5-7 (Alvarez,Diego). Not the best performance to crack the old american Fish. The last three outs for Fish was versus Davydenko, Verdasco and Robredo. Three good players. Fish won Delray Beach, was in the final in San Jose and QF in Estroil/Portugal. Fish will be the better option for me here.

No' date=' but she's winning a lot of matches this year, had a tough time in qualifying:unsure[/quote'] That's what I thought yeah. I put Czink in a treble with Sprem and Kutuzova, she's usually reliable against lowr ranked players then I heard that Sevastova might be a decent enough prospect who's on for a breakthrough soon, so I got a bit worried when the market started moving. Czink just took it in 3. I reckon Sprem has enough for poor Dokic who's beset with unwelcome off court stuff and isn't playing well. Her dad was arrested this month for threatening to bomb the australian embassy or something.

Re: French Open match betting Tomorrow I have an eye on Shvedova 2-0 @ 2.2 on stanjames. So far this year she's been beaten by top players (Petrova, Zvonareva, Pennetta) in reasonably close games and is one of the few who have taken a set off the fantastic Azarenka. Rus is at least a couple of levels below and should find it tough to compete.

I reckon Sprem has enough for poor Dokic who's beset with unwelcome off court stuff and isn't playing well. Her dad was arrested this month for threatening to bomb the australian embassy or something.
Wrong here. Dokic came from a set down to win strongly.

Nice win on Cibulkova. Fancied going against Monfils because of his dodgy knee, but Reynolds is awful, in very poor form and useless on clay:lol. M GONZLAEZ @ 2.72 Betfair (lay Fish @ 1.58). Quite fancy Max for this. He's improving and shown some good stuff this year. He's a solid clay courter who's not afraid to go for his shots and won't allow Fish to control the rallies. Fish has looked OK on the clay but here his record is poor and hopefully in slow conditions Gonzalez will be too strong.
Nice one :clap Cheers mate,good call :ok

Re: French Open match betting GULBIS @ 2.50 Ladbrokes. I backed Gulbis in the 1st round and siding with him again here. He’s a big time player and after a solid win against Querrey he could get on a roll and start playing well again. Almagro has looked out of shape this year and nowhere near the level he showed last year. H2H is 1-0 to Gulbis in 3 sets earlier this year on clay.

Re: French Open match betting GROENEFELD @ 2.00 William Hill. Probably not much value, but she was one of my favs a few years ago:tongue2. Played excellently against Mauresmo, and overall has a higher level than Dulko. Also she beat Dulko at the French in 2006. PETROVA @ 1.75 Centrebet. Has to be worth a play here. Maria still looked a bit of a mess in the first round and could crumble against decent opposition as she did last week. Petrovas form hasn't been that great coming in, but I think she'll really fancy getting a win here and step up.

Re: French Open match betting Gulbis tb Almagro @ 5/4 Agree with Mr Intensity about this.Both players are mugs IMO and usually Gulbis struggles to string two wins together.But he runs into Almagro who is playing poorly right now despite a good win over Calleri.He looks overweight and is struggling with his movement,thats not good on clay and Gulbis being a ball-basher can take this one.Also beat him in Rome and played well here last year.Good price in my view. Stepanek tb Montcourt 3-0 @ Evens Radek will win this one,just a case whether he keeps focus to do it in straights.Montcourt usually plays challenger events and has had some tough qualifying matches,so will find Stepanek a step up in class.He already ended Gaudio's recent revival un 3 sets and hopefully can do this too.

Re: French Open match betting gonzalez 3-0, murray 3-0, verdasco 3-0, ferrer, wawrinka, safin, chardy, hewitt, seppi, roddick multi bet ^^ risks here include; Safin Chardy all the better players in this multi, would think this would win. paying $15 to 1, very generous odds, best of luck!

Re: French Open match betting Ouanna - Safin @1.3 Suarez-Navarro - Hradecka @1.4 Dulko - Groenefeld @ 1,95 Surprises? Williams - Safarova and Herzog - Rezai Btw. Today While I was comparing odds, I found interesting bonus offer @ jetbull which is hanged together with Rolland Garros. Each who will deposit during this grandslam will earn 10% bonus up to 50 USD (without other disadvantageous conditions) + there are some interesting bonuses in addition (100% first deposit bonus, friendship bonus, happy hour bonus etc.).