** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Phone tipster advice wanted

Re: Phone tipster advice wanted i found a number a while ago by accident, an old workmate used it & claimed it was making him a fortune, but the tight old b'stardo would never part with the reek off his poo. So I called it by accident, he'd used my phone to dial it one Saturday and it was on redial. It didn't cost anything so presume it must have been a subscription line. Anyway, I monitored it for a while, as you do (I know I'm evil), but it was absolutely craptastic. He was tipping up short money favs, but only about one in five were winning. If that's the quality out there, I'd rather pick my own.

Re: Phone tipster advice wanted

i found a number a while ago by accident, an old workmate used it & claimed it was making him a fortune, but the tight old b'stardo would never part with the reek off his poo. So I called it by accident, he'd used my phone to dial it one Saturday and it was on redial. It didn't cost anything so presume it must have been a subscription line. Anyway, I monitored it for a while, as you do (I know I'm evil), but it was absolutely craptastic. He was tipping up short money favs, but only about one in five were winning. If that's the quality out there, I'd rather pick my own.
Had to have been THOMMO'S TIPS surely Diamond :lol:lol:lol

Re: Phone tipster advice wanted Bill Watt's raceline, I think. I thankfully lost the number, though I was using the 'tips' to cross another one off when looking for a winner. I keep getting emails from Peter Naughton's. Sometimes his column throws up some good info, but surely he makes enough from TV, writing, etc., to be offering tips?

Re: Phone tipster advice wanted I get tips from an owner regularly, but rarely do they win. Invisible Man, I got told that one was "something special will romp the guineas". Finallly won 3rd time of asking, I gave up after second flat performance and blowing a wad backing it antepost at 40s for the guineas thinking I was retiring. Had another last week "angelena ballerina", came second = "steering job". His own won fto last month and he took cold feet before the race, so only had a small lump on it. If inside tips from first hand info is unreliable, what chances do the wolves in sheeps clothing have? Nothing beat PL, be very careful about tipsters, find tried and tested methods and study a few stables for a long time to understand their methodology.

I agree! :lol
seriously though some are bad but some are bloody good. I have 1st hand knowledge of such a tipster whose profits are unbelievable however he does charge a fair whack per month. question is would you pay £100 a month for quality information, you have to rough out the bad times also, 15 losers on the trot from this particular tipster I dont subscribe but i know a man who does & i am just part of thier syndicate & happy to share in the profits!

seriously though some are bad but some are bloody good. I have 1st hand knowledge of such a tipster whose profits are unbelievable however he does charge a fair whack per month. question is would you pay £100 a month for quality information, you have to rough out the bad times also, 15 losers on the trot from this particular tipster I dont subscribe but i know a man who does & i am just part of thier syndicate & happy to share in the profits!
Thats a very good comment there are alot of shabby tipping lines out there but there is also some very good ones! im not trying to get any extra customers here but i run a site.. > and our info is direct from the owners/stable lads/trainers! before i started our one up a good 4 years ago now i came across some of the worst!! anyone could pick a 1/3 shot!!

Re: Phone tipster advice wanted I know two course bookies who live in Newmarket and one says that if he backed every tip he got in his local pub he'd be skint. :loon The other doesn't go into pubs but gets loads of tips. He says it takes quite a while when you first move there to seperate the wheat from the chaff, but it's possible. I've never kept a record of the tips he gets as I don't get to see them every day, but he does chuck a good one in now and again. He had been tipped two in the same race yesterday from different sources. Forest Flyer - expected to run well, and it won at 5-1, and Elawin, who was tipped as each way material but was unplaced. I didn't back either of them as the race looked too hard to me. :sad