** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread (THE END)

Re: Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread Results Catchup: Tuesday: 2.40 Catterick- Absa Lutte 0.5pt win(2nd) 3.10 Catterick- Lordship 0.5pt e/w(unplaced) Wednesday : 2.15 Nottham- Alexandros 3pt win(WIN 6/5 +3.6), Alexandros & Young Pretender 0.5pt rev f/c (unplaced) 3.25 Nottingham- Elk Trail 0.25pt e/w(unplaced), Eastern Hills 0.25pt e/w(unplaced) Saturday: 11.55 Doncaster- The Galloping Shoe 0.25pt e/w(4th 20/1 +1), Tamasou 0.5pt e/w(unplaced) 2.40 Doncaster- Desert Phantom 0.25pt e/w(unplaced) 3.15 Doncaster- Baila Me 0.5pt e/w(unplaced), Safair Sunup 0.25pt e/w(unplaced) 3.45 Doncaster- Collateral Damage 0.5pt e/w(WIN 11/1ADV +6.88) Total staked: 11 Returned: 15.98 (+4.98) Current bank: 83.88

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread End bank: 83.88 So quite simply we didnt make a profit overall on the season BUT i am reasonably happy, I have learnt a huge amount over my first year looking at horse racing seriously and I now feel in a much better position to go forward into the next season with much more knowledge and hopefully make it a profitable one! As far as improving my betting it all started when I used to look at big odd runners and although yeah sometimes they win they dont always and the fav is probably the better bet I am slowly learning that. Betting in group, listed and claimers has caused some of our biggest loss's and is either something I have to improve or leave alone. Where as handicaps have been the main profit source throughout the season and this is now where I feel at home. As far as 2yr old races go i am no big fan to many unknowns and dont really have a plan to even start thinking about betting too much in them unless I feel i have something special. As for records i didnt keep any until joining here but I now keep better records so next season should be even easier to assess etc. So for now its onto the sand for me and a small rest and the countdown to Lincoln Meeting! Roll on march '10!!

Re: Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread (THE END) firstly well done with collateral damage yesterday. I know youve followed that one and its nice when they cap off a fine season with a big priced win like that :clap Secondly, well done on a good season and for all the hard work that has gone into this thread. Even though you say the thread shows a loss It is clear to see that your tipping have improved over the course of the season and that will be evident in your all weather thread now I feel. :clap

Re: Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread (THE END) Well done mate and as fintron has said, although your thread did not show a profit it definately is evident that your betting has improved. I guess it takes time to learn something new such as learning guitar for example. Your not going to be Jimi Hendrix the first time you pick up the guitar (rubbish example I know haha)! Look forward to your thread next season :ok

Re: Chris34's 2009 Flat Tip Thread (THE END) Cheers boy, i certainly hope to be back next year ;)! I certainly try and tackle and watch as many handicaps i can not alwasy easily especially through some of the summer months when my main job is hectic on its own lol but its a love for the sport i enjoy more than anything and would love to make it my job full time in someway eventually!