** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen

Re: 20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen Шахтер ЧЕМПИОН!!! :bignana Well done all Shakhtar backers.Shame they didn't win in normal time.If Pyatov wouldn't make that stupid mistake then Shakhtar could win it in 90 minutes.Great game from our brazilian boys...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen

No they don't. In my opinon Shahktar haven't played a team that are capable of truly great offensive football.....and my point was to illustrate that Ukraine are ranked 22nd in European football, whilst Germany are ranked 4th, so there is a clear gap in quality. I'm also not a fan of Eastern European football. Too workmanlike, not enough skill from the European games I've witnessed. Anyway, the game is half way over, so we shall see.
What point u r talking about?We are talking about club football not national teams.Yes,there was a gap in quality,that's why Bremen lost :lol As Caveman said before Eastern Europe is coming,and coming heavy... Shakhtar didn't play teams that play offensive football but somehow they won UEFA cup....bollox... Shakhtar is officialy in top 7 strongest clubs in Europe in season 2008/2009...Deal with it!

What point u r talking about?We are talking about club football not national teams.Yes,there was a gap in quality,that's why Bremen lost :lol As Caveman said before Eastern Europe is coming,and coming heavy... Shakhtar didn't play teams that play offensive football but somehow they won UEFA cup....bollox... Shakhtar is officialy in top 7 strongest clubs in Europe in season 2008/2009...Deal with it!
Sorry i don´t see them under the 7 strongest teams in Europe. Shakthar lost it completly in the second half. No pressure and bremen found control. The reason tehy won was Boenisch he never was able to secure his side and the missings of bremen as mertesacker in the defense. Shakthar was the much better team in the first half especially on Boenischs side but as said the second half no chances and brmeen controled the center. I think the owner of the club has to invest some of his billions to enter the top of Europe but i guess he has enough money to do so and he surely will. So good luck

Re: 20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen nah fella your wrong..

Goal line under 2 - Bets win if there is either 0 or 1 goal scored in the match. If there are two goals exactly then the stake is returned. Bets lose if there are three or more goals scored in the match. Goal line over 2 - Bets win if there are three or more goals scored in the match. If there are two goals exactly the stake is returned. Bets lose if there is 0 or 1 goal scored in the match.

i guess this should be a close one. both teams to score or a high scoring draw are possible. i love the odds around @14 for bremen to win after penalty shootout. donezk sure are perhaps better in touch and have some quality in their squad' date=' but so has bremen. although diego isnt playing today, özil can be a good substitute for him. as i said before, i do not really like the 3-way and try the juicy odds @14 for a bit of tention......[/quote'] both teams to score gone through and so did the draw. after the early goals i thought my 2-2 or 3-3 are possible too, but bremen really sucked yesterday.

Re: 20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen Doe any one guys think that this final was fixed to be a draw in the 90 min, an a win for shakhtar in the extra time ??? the game started with a very high tempo, shakhtar dominating the game, went up 1:0 and could have been more. Then the stupid keeper puts the ball in his net ,instead of hitting the ball away ??? Second half starts, and it was a very slow game, not many chnaces, ecen the comentaters were saying that this game is not the same as the first half. Game over 1:1, great news for the bookies, who have made a lot of money, as well people who are more influencial thna the bookies...... Extra time on, shkahtar score on their first chance, wau and they couldnt do it in normal time...... Conclusion.....FIXED MATCH sorry for those people that backed shakhtar in normal time, including me.. well done to those that backed a draw, which am sure werent many of them....

Sorry i don´t see them under the 7 strongest teams in Europe. Shakthar lost it completly in the second half. No pressure and bremen found control. The reason tehy won was Boenisch he never was able to secure his side and the missings of bremen as mertesacker in the defense. Shakthar was the much better team in the first half especially on Boenischs side but as said the second half no chances and brmeen controled the center. I think the owner of the club has to invest some of his billions to enter the top of Europe but i guess he has enough money to do so and he surely will. So good luck
I agree Shakhtar lost control of the game but I put that down to their youthful and relatively inexperienced attack. Their lack of holding up the ball put pressure on midfield and defence, pressure which Bremen failed to capitalise on. Irony of the evening has to be Adriano's goal - a really composed finish from a striker who, in my opinion, has more issues with his finishing than any other part of his game!! :lol

Doe any one guys think that this final was fixed to be a draw in the 90 min, an a win for shakhtar in the extra time ??? the game started with a very high tempo, shakhtar dominating the game, went up 1:0 and could have been more. Then the stupid keeper puts the ball in his net ,instead of hitting the ball away ??? Second half starts, and it was a very slow game, not many chnaces, ecen the comentaters were saying that this game is not the same as the first half. Game over 1:1, great news for the bookies, who have made a lot of money, as well people who are more influencial thna the bookies...... Extra time on, shkahtar score on their first chance, wau and they couldnt do it in normal time...... Conclusion.....FIXED MATCH sorry for those people that backed shakhtar in normal time, including me.. well done to those that backed a draw, which am sure werent many of them....
Errm, do you really think a UEFA Cup final would be fixed? If so, the so was last year's CL final and any other Euro cup finals that ended in a draw. :loon Maybe?;)

Doe any one guys think that this final was fixed to be a draw in the 90 min, an a win for shakhtar in the extra time ??? the game started with a very high tempo, shakhtar dominating the game, went up 1:0 and could have been more. Then the stupid keeper puts the ball in his net ,instead of hitting the ball away ??? Second half starts, and it was a very slow game, not many chnaces, ecen the comentaters were saying that this game is not the same as the first half. Game over 1:1, great news for the bookies, who have made a lot of money, as well people who are more influencial thna the bookies...... Extra time on, shkahtar score on their first chance, wau and they couldnt do it in normal time...... Conclusion.....FIXED MATCH sorry for those people that backed shakhtar in normal time, including me.. well done to those that backed a draw, which am sure werent many of them....
I agree that the bookies made a killing. They must have fancied the draw - push the prices out on both teams to win - attract the punters in - then drop the price on one team to give it a market mover status and then hopefully hoover up the money if the draw comes in - the bookies made a gamble and it paid off I saw a English play off game the other week in running - both teams were 9/5 to score the first goal after twenty minutes :eek and of course it ended 0 - 0 For football backers the draw result must account for more losses per punter than any other gamble

Re: 20/05/2009 Uefa Cup Final - Shaktar vs Werder Bremen to be honest, I don't get it at all with all comments of fixing etc. in this particular match. It was not like ref put obviously one team at a disadvantage, injury time was also not fishy, and last but not least better team won the cup!! It was an european final and as many of those, if you bet year after year on them you should know, match can easily end draw after 90 mins, cos players sometimes concentrate on extra time after 80 mins. Why should I risk any bet in a final on 1X2 market, when I know from the beginning my chances to win are only 33,33%? Perhaps odds for winning the cup at all (including extra time + penalty) are "only" around 2 , doubling your money, if you have 2 equal teams, but you have the advantage that this kind of betting gives you 50% winning chance and compensates bookies advantage, cos draw result is included. Sometimes it's better not to be too greedy. Same on over/under market... Next chance to beat bookies on wednesday evening in CL final ;)