** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League » May 05/06

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 I try the home win by Chelsea. Barca miss Puyol and Marquez in the inner defense. Henry is questionable. Chelsea with the home advantage and Hiddink have a lot of experience. Look to the russian team and former to the australian national squad. he makes a lot from nothing and Chelsea is more than nothing. Drogba will start infront and striked last saturday again. Chelsea miss Deco but they have a quality midfield. Anelka maybe is in the starting lineup maybe starting from the bench. But he will be ready to strike if Hididink will bring him. Barca blamed the madrid royals last weekend for sure. But Champs league is Champs league. We don´t talk about a friendly we talk about a half final. 2.7 for London is a must-try for me. (gamebookers) Hiddink is a very good coach imo. He trained R.Madrid, Valencia,FC Sevilla and knows the spanish kind of play. He made a very good job in south corea (WC 2002), with Australia and at the moment with Russia (EC 2008). good luck. I hope we see the same amount of goals like yesterday or more and an attractive kind of play from both :ok

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 As we have seen over the past few years English teams are stronger than those on the continent in the champions league. I feel that we will once again see this tonight. Chelsea, as we saw last week, are very strong defensively. They have enough firepower up front to trouble a weakened Barcelona defence. I would advise small stakes if backing Chelsea. If Barcelona score first from a set piece, lucky deflection etc it will completely change the outlook of the tie. Bets 1x2 Chelsea 9/5 stan james Asian Handicap Chelsea -1 11/2 Paddypower Correct Score Chelsea 2-1 8/1 Paddypower

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06

As we have seen over the past few years English teams are stronger than those on the continent in the champions league. I feel that we will once again see this tonight. Chelsea, as we saw last week, are very strong defensively. They have enough firepower up front to trouble a weakened Barcelona defence. I would advise small stakes if backing Chelsea. If Barcelona score first from a set piece, lucky deflection etc it will completely change the outlook of the tie. Bets 1x2 Chelsea 9/5 stan james Asian Handicap Chelsea -1 11/2 Paddypower Correct Score Chelsea 2-1 8/1 Paddypower
Think Barcelona will score from a piece of genius football rather than luck mate ( If they score at all that is )

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 How likely is it that Ivanovic will start? If he was to start, he's 28-1 fgs, and due to barcelonas vulnerability defending set pieces, and Ivanovic's heading ability and power, that might be worth a small stake.

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 I can where people are coming from the 'Both Teams To Score' bet, but considering say, a 1-1 not being good enough for Chelsea (and Barca dangerous on the break), an Over 2.5 bet surely is a better bet, with less liability?

I can where people are coming from the 'Both Teams To Score' bet' date=' but considering say, a 1-1 not being good enough for Chelsea (and Barca dangerous on the break), an Over 2.5 bet surely is a better bet, with less liability?[/quote'] Actually, thats a better option. I'm surprised over 2.5 is still 1.95, so you are right. There is more value there.

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 I like my champions league matches so ive gone for a whole host of bets tonight 5pts Barca to qualify @ 1.66 on Ladbrokes Simple bet really, no need to explain this one, a Barca win or scoring draw sees them go through. 2pts Iniesta to score 1st @ 15.00 on Centrebet I know that with Messi and co he's an outsider for first goal scorer, but at 15.00 it would be rude not to. 2pts Drogba to score anytime @ 3.00 on Centrebet I think he will be a major threat in the air for Barca, especially with their first choice full backs out of action, Drogba is strong in the air and i think he'll bag a goal here. 2pts Over 2.5 goals @ 1.95 on Bet365 I think this could potentially turn into a goal fest, holes in the Barca backline and the firepower down the other end should result in plenty of scoring opportunities. 2pts Over 4.5 cards @ 1.80 on Bet365 I think Chelsea will go in hard from the start for the intimidation factor, leading to a potentially dirty match. 2pts Messi man of the match @ 5.00 on Bluesq He's lining up for footballer of the year and has been man of the match in 4 of his last 10 matches. I always prefer to go for a string of bets as opposed to one or two

It's confirmed on UEFA.com. Eto'o, Messi and Iniesta will play together up front. Gudjohnsen makes the bench.
Ivanovic starts on the bench for all those goalscorer backers....

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 think Chelsea won't be to offensive. They'll try to score and if they do they will relax more and concentrate on defending. I'm really not sure about +2.5 goals. I'm going for a home win and Drogba to score + Alex to score. Alex is strong with the head and I really believe in him scoring against a Barcelona, good with their feet but weak in the air. also in doubt for Eto'o NOT to score.

Rather than get involved in the 1x2 market tonight, have had a few small stakes first goalscorer bets. With Barcelona missing two key defenders, Chelsea will look to make the game physical and will fancy their chances from set-pieces. John Terry 28/1 Betfair and Alex 41/1 will be a threat from set plays with the latter also able to strike a free-kick. Other players worth a look- Malouda 26/1 has been in decent form of late after a poor start to his Chelsea career scoring against Fulham at the weekend and an important goal in the cup against Arsenal. Anelka may well be sacraficed and Malouda will be playing in an advanced wide position so 26/1 does look big. Other one i took was Lampard @ 13.5, one of the best goalscoring midfielders and shoots from anywhere so you'll get a run for your money. Barca's goals tend to not to be as spread about, with the front 3 of Etoo Messi and Henry scoring the bulk of their goals. Whats the status on Henry's fitness, if Gudjohnsen is expected to replace him 17.5 on him scoring first may be worth a look. He did score the only goal at Anfield in the second leg a few years ago when Barca won 1-0 but went out on away goals. All prices with Betfair.
No Gudjohnsen so just added Ballack at 22/1 to the 4 above which completes my fgs bets. Good luck everyone, forca barca :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 The Chelsea - Barcelona match is too difficult to call imo. Better to avoid any "serious" bets money wise and just have some fun with the match with a wild bet with with a tiny stake. I'm betting the correct scores 4-4 & 3-4 which each pay 251. I'm placing 1.50 euros on each and will enjoy the match. :tongue2:D Basically, I think the game is over 2.5 and Barcelona X2. But anything can happen here so forget it. Sorry for the late post, but I don't consider it a serious bet anyway. Good luck to all in your bet/s on this CL match:hope

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 Busquets anytime card 13/8. Picked up 8 in La Liga with 6 on the road. 2 in the CL. Midfield minefield tonight, so the Spaniard will be tested. Picque card 3.5 betfair. Drogba playing the dying swan won't help his cause. 2 reds this season to go with six cards. Alex EW 33/1 FGS. Lads.

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 what a great goal by Essien. It´s maybe the european goal of the year. Chelsea lead 1-0 at home and Barca will push themself to crack London now. Chelsea looks better. Barca with good chances but no victory so far. EDIT: live stats http://www1.en.uefa.com/live/competitions/ucl/matchday=12/day=2/match=302812/index.html

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 what a big big joke. - 4 penalty kicks not given (2 hand plays) for Chelsea - 4 minutes extra time for only one short break For me the referee decided who enter the final in Rome and that´s a big shit. I whished that Ballack knock out the referee in the last scene. This referee is a joke without hair!

what a big big joke. - 4 penalty kicks not given (2 hand plays) for Chelsea - 4 minutes extra time for only one short break For me the referee decided who enter the final in Rome and that´s a big shit. I whished that Ballack knock out the referee in the last scene. This referee is a joke without hair!
I think this is the 2nd night in a row where the referee hasn't performed adequately enough for me. Bad news for the over 2.5 backers.....

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 Barçaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana :drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:drums :beer:beer:beer:beer:beer

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 THIS WAS a 100% RIGGED MATCH :@, Shame on UEFA, Shame on Barca, shame on that wank*** of ref!!:puke At least 3 clear penalties not given to Chelsea, in a CL semifinal, ridiculous!! Hail Drogba, who said it directly into TV Cameras to whole world after match, at least one footballer has cojones :ok

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 2 words: Football Justice At least the team which tried to play football progressed. 1 man up for 25 minutes, barca without defense trying to equalize and the substitute is the striker out for a right back and no good counter at least in those minutes. The best punishment for the helenio herrera admirers at modern football. Thank god football survived

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 the red card was OK.. but I can´t understand the UEFA. That´s a match with visitors on the whole globe and very important. Why they send a beginner to the court? This referee was totally swamped with the penalties. For me it seems that he has some fear to give one. 2 clear hand plays in the penalty area. Why they accept the 4 minutes from the 4th referee? Only one break for Drogba in the second half. Not approx 2 minutes in total for me. barca have a lot of ball contacts but they not striking. Chelsea was the smarter team and the Essien goal was great. It was luck that Inesta striked but for me the Referee decide the match. That´s unacceptable for me and I wish that the UEFA cancel the match. unbelievable...

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 wow....what a twist! well done barca! chelsea going crazy..so funny lol :D btw thought drogba was abit of dickhead..saying it was a disscrace lol look in the mirror..massive guy and if knocked he falls like a sack of spuds...come on!

Re: UEFA Champions League » May 05/06 Intense matches such as the Chelsea - Barcelona affair can be thrown up in the air by a poor ref. That's what happened tonight. Regardless of the side your on, the ref's decisions diluted the result. The over 2.5 was particularly affected. The bookies would have made good money on long term bets had chelsea gone to the final. There was big money on Barcelona to go to the final and big money on the double Man. U / Barca as finalists. So, it is good they didn't get away with that. I thought Barcelona looked a bit sluggish at times and ineffective with crosses and creating chances. Funny after their seige in Madrid. Might be something to think about for the final in addition to the fact that Sir Alex is a much higher calibre coach than Guardiola. Guss Hiddink I think paid for his tactic of going defensive. He especially wasted the opportunity against a sluggish and ineffective Barca side which wasn't necessarily clicking. Anyway....betting goes on.....:ok

THIS WAS a 100% RIGGED MATCH :@, Shame on UEFA, Shame on Barca, shame on that wank*** of ref!!:puke At least 3 clear penalties not given to Chelsea, in a CL semifinal, ridiculous!! Hail Drogba, who said it directly into TV Cameras to whole world after match, at least one footballer has cojones :ok
Red card was a same shame as two not given penalties. I have never seen somebody fall down alone and then somebody one meter behind him to get a red card. Yes, two penalties, not three. Hail Drogba? C'mon, he falls like a tissue, then he needs to stand up somewhere between 2-3 mins... Drogba is so anti-player, I can compare him with Ronaldo. And after all, he is the most louder, lol. Also Cech, he was able to be quick when the lead was lost. All in all, 180 mins of bad football by Barcelona and especially by Chelsea "The Wall".