** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Huntingdon 2.00 Surfing 1pt EW - 9/1 Boyle Very intriguing runner, who is 5yo and could have the scope to be something decent. Finished 3rd to Captain Chris and Ghizao at Newbury coneding 4lbs and not beaten much. Then 2nd in a weaker race, but finished lame, so that run can be excused. Should improve this season and trainer obviously fancies himi to run him here on seasonal reappearance. I'm not a fan of the market leaders and with 8 runners EW bet on Surfing is the play imo. The price is worth a try.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Huntingdon 12.30 Painter Man 0.5pt EW - 10/3 Boyle Just 5 minutes ago was 13/2 :eek Backed last time, but he was never trying. Jockey didn't even ask him for any effort whatsoever. Good handicap mark on his past form. Ludlow 1.10 Twist Pistol 0.75pt win - 8/1 gen Something to prove overall, but chasing might be his game. Few of the short prices aren't as well handicapped as they look. Think it's worth sliding with the price on the Paul Nicholls runner. Taunton 1.20 Swift Chap 0.75pt EW - 15/2 Sky 7/1 Lads Improving steadily over hurdles and has won the previous 2. Still well handicapped on his flat mark and Hobbs has probably found the key with him. This is his toughest task to date, but he might continue to improve.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Cheltenham 2.20 Scotsirish 3pt EW - 5/2 Coral Sky Looks like the money are already coming for this one. Class above all of these and if he stays the trip, he might be too good for them. Will love the ground and the way these races are usually run, I think he will outclass them turning for home. Patrick Mullins on is a significant booking, because he could've ridden Uncle Junior too.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Cheltenham 12.35 Tony Star 1pt EW - 7/1 Boyle VC Hopefully Dickie won't fcuk up again and have him miles off the pace, because he would have won lto if he hadn't given so much to do. Improver and should be better than this mark, but this is a hot race, so hopefully if he finds something too good, he'll at least place. 1.10 Badger Foot 1pt EW - 10/1 gen Travelled really well lto, but appeared not to stay. When he won on penultimate start it was off a slow pace, so this trip might suit him more. Not a particularly strong race and the 10/1 on offer looks very decent. Rider is underrated and is usually a good value for his claim. 1.45 Shakalakaboomboom 1.5pt win - 9/2 WH Mostly Bob 1.5pt win - 13/2 Lads Mon Parrain comes here with a big question to answer. Fair Along probably flattered by his Hennessy 3rd. Knockara Beau is interesting on old form, but I think the race is between those at the bottom of the handicap. Shakalakaboomboom won a valuable contest at Puncheston in the spring and should improve. Mostly Bob will love the conditions today. Swincombe Rock probably not good enough to take this.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Cheltenham 12.45 Mossley 2pt win - 5/2 gen Best of these over hurdles and will love the conditions. The Nicholls horse looked slow to me lto and might not cope with this ground. My selection should have the beating of Champion Court on Albert Bartlett form. 1.20 Dave's Dream 0.5pt EW - 9/1 Coral 8/1 gen Return to 2 miles will suit and I'll have a small nibble. Looks stable's 2nd string, but might surprise a few people and at the prices he looks the bet to me. Very good claimer on board. 2.30 Quantitativeeasing 2pt EW - 8/1 (antepost) Salut Flo 1pt EW - 12/1 Boyle Great Endeavour 2pt win - 8/1 gen Sunnyhillboy 2pt win - 7/1 WH Quantitativeeasing backed antepost and he still has the best chance for me. Salut Flo is unexposed and off feather weight is dangerous to all. Great Endeavour will be suited to return to this trip. Sunnyhillboy has always had a big race in him and today's trip and ground are ideal.

Doncaster 3.30 Tullamore Dew 2pt EW - 6/1 gen Have no idea if this is on, but I need to go out. He has a great chance on the flat 3m here. Travelled well in the Hennessy, but the trip there probably stretched him. This is much easier task and he shoul run a big race if he puts a clear round of jumping.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Punchestown 2.05 Rubi Light 2pt win - 5/2 Lads Very interesting race here with plenty coming in good form, but I can't fault Rubi Light. Not just would've beaten Sizing Europe, he would've trashed him if he hadn't fallen. Same in the Ryanair, where he looked the winner until 3 out. Young and will improve this year. Worthy favourite and I hope he wins this and go onto better things as the season progresses.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Hereford 2.15 Dancing Mist 0.5pt EW - 15/2 BetFred Off the track for 600+ days, but ran a cracker off 8lb higher mark and I don't think this race is that difficult. Only a small bet however, because yard could be in better form, but he's well handicapped and warrants a small interest regardless. Punchestown 12.35 Not For Converting 2pt win - 5/2 Boyle Wandering Aengus 0.5pt - 4/1 Boyle Lads Not For Converting needed the run lto. Hit the front and looked the winner, but got passed by a good winner. The latter has franked the form since and I expect the Willie Mullins gelding to make amends today. Saving on the hurdling debutant, who beat the Cheltenham Bumper winner on his sole career start and could be a decent horse over hurdles. 2.35 Lios A Choill 2pt win - 9/4 Bet365 PP Always been a fan of this horse and I think he'll come good over fences. Big scopy sort, who will be a staying chaser, but the ground is quite heavy today, so 2m4f at this track should be decent enough test for his stamina.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Fakenham 2.00 Cottage Flyer 0.5pt EW - 16/1 gen Quite the competitive affair for a Monday meeting at Fakenham. Several in form horses in the race, but actually not that many are well handicapped. My selection bolted up in a pointer last year and week later followed up with an easy win over this course. Things didn't go to plan at Hereford, but he sustained some injury there and never really travelled. Will be an ask to win fto after such layoff, but at the price I'm willing to have a punt. Trainer boosts nice record when he sends horses over the sea and Tom O'Brien is not a bad jockey to have on your side.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Ladbroke Hurdle Prospect Wells 2pt EW - 9/2 Bet365 Seriously poor race this now. All the unexposed sorts are non-runners. Nothing progressive left in the race, so the bet has to be the fav. Very lightly raced and won really well lto beating some decent sorts. Should continue to improve and this mark is probably fair enough for a handicap debut. Nicholls keeping the top weight as usual, so his main chance can have decent racing weight. Ruby already booked and if he jumps well, I can't see him out the first four. Worthy antepost fav for me and will only get shorter.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Newbury 12.50 Father Probus 0.5pt EW - 25/1 gen Might have hated the ground lto when never travelling or jumping. Ran really well at Chepstow before that and return to galloping track and soft ground should suit. Pretty competitive affair here, but he is a price and I'm willing to give him a chance to bounce back. Trip suits him and trainer continues in good form.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Bangor 1.10 She's On The Case 2pt EW - 6/1 PP Travelling at Cheltenham when falling on the 2nd circuit. Would have definitely gone close, money came for her and she looked to be going really well. This trip is what she needs with qutie a bit of stamina in her pedigree. Has bits and pieces of some very nice form and I'd be surprised if she doesn't win one or two handicap chases over these marathon trips off this mark. Tom O'Brien is back in the saddle and despite some well handicapped rivals, I think she is best at the weights and just needs to have a clear round to get involved.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Newbury 2.00 Same Difference 0.5pt EW - 14/1 VC A lot tougher than the race he won lto, but the price on offer is decent and I'll have a small interest. Henderson and Nicholls have good horses here and they might be too good for the selection, but he's is unbeaten in bumpers and over hurdles and we don't know yet how good he is. From the rest there aren't that many with chances except probably the Hobbs yardstick and I wouldn't be surprised if my selection has improved and gets in the money today. Yard is in form and a small EW bet is worth a try.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Bangor 1.10 She's On The Case 2pt EW - 6/1 PP Travelling at Cheltenham when falling on the 2nd circuit. Would have definitely gone close, money came for her and she looked to be going really well. This trip is what she needs with qutie a bit of stamina in her pedigree. Has bits and pieces of some very nice form and I'd be surprised if she doesn't win one or two handicap chases over these marathon trips off this mark. Tom O'Brien is back in the saddle and despite some well handicapped rivals, I think she is best at the weights and just needs to have a clear round to get involved.
What did you make of this? I was very keen on her today also. Seemed to be going okay behind the leaders but fell in a hole and ended up trailing in last. Just a stamina thing on the ground?

What did you make of this? I was very keen on her today also. Seemed to be going okay behind the leaders but fell in a hole and ended up trailing in last. Just a stamina thing on the ground?
Didn't stay mate and probably doesn't have the courage. Mares rarely excel in gruelling tests like this.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Exeter 1.20 Arrayan 2pt win - 9/2 SJ 4/1 gen Backed last week, but he needed it and probably didn't stay either. Return to 2m and heavy ground will suit and I think this could be a grade horse in a handicap. Was progressing nicely last season before the season took its toll at Sandown. Should improve this year and this mark could still be lenient. I expect him to end up 140-150 rated.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Ascot 2.30 Chablais 3pt win - 10/3 VC Pacha Du Polder 1pt win - 10/3 Boyle Going with the Nicky Henderson horse here, who I think could be top class. Jumps well albeit a bit to the left, but that has hopefully been corrected at home. Will save on the Nicholls yardstick, who also comes here with a big reputation and could be anything. 3.05 Our Father 3pt EW - 11/4 gen Unexposed and trainer apparently very keen on him to follow the footsteps of stablemate Dynaste and Grands Crus. This race despite the many runners doesn't have much strength in depth and I think the selection could be too good for them.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Uttoxeter 12.05 Real Milan 1pt EW - 11/1 BetInternet Quite surprised at this price. Could be backed at 13+ on the exchanges as I write this. Won his last bumper and should make a fine hurdler. Not quite sure why 2nd favourite is that short. Fav could be classy, but certainly the Donald McCain horse shouldn't be that big.

Uttoxeter 12.05 Real Milan 1pt EW - 11/1 BetInternet Quite surprised at this price. Could be backed at 13+ on the exchanges as I write this. Won his last bumper and should make a fine hurdler. Not quite sure why 2nd favourite is that short. Fav could be classy, but certainly the Donald McCain horse shouldn't be that big.
That was classy mileni :ok