** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Cheltenham 1.55 Promising Anshan 2pt EW - 9/2 VC WH Possibly needed the run when travelling all over Razor Royale and Exmoor Ranger at Ascot. Paul Nicholls admits owner forced his hand to run him week earlier. Was being trained for Wincantion week later and improvemenet is expected. Trip will suit and Ruby will be able to switch him off and deliver him late. Has to be well handicapped and meets mainly exposed rivals. 2.35 Great Endeavour 1pt EW - 14/1 (already advised) Loosen My Load 1pt EW - 18/1 VC Mon Parrain 1pt win - 5/1 Lads WH Tullamore Dew 0.5pt win - 22/1 Coral Quantitativeeasing 0.5pt win - 25/1 VC Great Endeavour advised antepost. Loosen My Load is a horse I don't really like that much, but on good ground he is decent and if he settles, he could run a big race today. Travelled as well as anything in the Jewson, but because he was so keen early, he had no finishing effort. Mark is workable imo and represents value. Mon Parrain looked immense jumper at Aintree and if he finishes his race could be thrown in, so have to save on him. The pair that finished 2nd and 3rd in the Centenary Novices Handicap should improve this year and could run better than their odds suggest. 3.10 My Shamwari 1.75pt win - 7/1 Lads WH Dorset Square 1.75pt win - 8/1 gen Oscargo 0.5pt win - 13/2 VC WH My Shamwari was a horse I followed last year and still regret I didn't back lto. Thought he had his win and will go chasing, but he won again and is still being tried over hurdles. Trainer admits he will go chasing soon, but I would imagine mark is still workable, so they are keeping him over hurdles. Trip should suit. Dorset Square has been in decent form on the flat and his earlier hurdling form looks good too. Oscargo is unexposed and I'll save on him. Wetherby 3.25 Rebel Dancer 1pt EW - 8/1 Lads Still travelling as well as anything in the Totesport Trophy when falling 3 out. Eased in grade and Paddy Brennan booked for the ride. Makes the odd blunder, but with a clear round he could be very tough to beat here. Has been running on the flat and should be fit. Uttoxeter 12.55 Not So Prudent 0.75pt EW - 20/1 gen Quite a hot novice chase for Uttoxeter standards here and I'll go with a big price. Chased a progressive McCain horse last season and then chasing Galaxy Rock at Leicester when stumbled on landing and unseated. Jumps well overall and has moved to Hobbs. Decent sorts here, but this fella was staying on really well over C&D and could have the ability to get involved. 1.30 Mighty Monty 1pt EW - 15/2 Boyle Decent 2nd behind Font lto and yard is in great form. Not sure fav deserves to be so short. Won cheekily latest, but 7lb penalty will make life harder and I think the Victor Dartnall 2nd fav is the value. Andrew Glassonbury is riding very well at the moment too. 3.15 Amazing Star 1pt EW - 6/1 Lads On flat form he should be bolting up over hurdles, but he isn't. Not sure he has the finishing effort for a hurdler, but did ok lto when plugging on 6th. Tom O'Brien booked and off this mark he has to get involved in a weak race like this. If he doesn't win today, then I'm not sure he'll ever win over timber.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Thanks, guys! What a day :loon

not sure about Mon Parrain though' date=' that was just running for the bookies today[/quote'] Think he needs a trip, mate. He looked as if he didn't stay at Aintree, but after today I think he got outpaced by Always Waining, who has hurdle speed and in receipt of so much weight beat him fair and square in the Topham. Would have loved to see Mon Parrain in the National, but new rules mean he can't race. Noble Prince fukced up the race completely. I was chasing that Jewson form and Loosen My Load was the obvious pick when Noble was withdrawn. If Nolan was straight with Noble, I wouldn't have wasted 4pts and would've gone a lot higher on Great Endeavour. And fair play to Timmy Murphy. I've been criticizing him last few years, but he seems to be trying again and Weird Al and today's ride were magnificent. Makes up for the awful ride at the festival.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Navan 1.40 Laganbank 2pt EW - 4/1 Boyle Lads Travelled like a dream lto, but 2m4f on heavy stretched his stamina. Reverts back to minimal distance and despite being the toughest race he has contested until now, I think he will be very tough to beat. Trainer is on fire last few days with winners all over the country and abroad. Cheltenham 2.20 Pateese 2pt EW (already advised) A Media Luz 1pt EW - 10/1 Bet365 (5 places) Inspector Clouseau 0.5pt EW - 25/1 BetFred (5 places) Moon Dice 1pt win - 7/1 gen Brampour 0.5pt win - 12/1 gen Via Galilei 0.5pt win - 14/1 gen Well happy with the 12/1 on Pateese from earlier this week. Have to back few other though, very competitive race and lots have chances. A Media Luz travelled well behind Brampour and Via Galilei last week and will come on tons for that. The latter 2 are horses I like and will save stake on them. Moon Dice also a saver, because he looked like horse with serious potential in the Galway Hurdle. Inspector Clouseau is very consistent and will probably outrun his price. 2.55 Rangitoto 3pt EW - 5/1 Bet365 Lads His latest run represents seriously good form. 2nd has run a cracker in Grade 2 and 3rd won a handicap this week. I think he has stones in hand here and nothing will go anywhere near him. He is a very big sort and his future lies over fences, so let's hope he doesn't blow up. Hopefully champion trainer has him fit and ready. 4.00 Supreme Carolina 0.75pt EW - 9/1 VC Willie sends 2 over and his son seems to be on the 1st string, but Supreme Carolina gets mares allowance and 7lbs offset from the claimer. Could be very valuable in a race like this, because she won her bumper really well on debut and then chased a very good horse in her latest start. I think she might have a bit of class. Fontwell 2.05 Setter's Princess 0.5pt EW - 20/1 gen Was running well on the flat last season and had a recent spin over hurdles. First time handicap today and mark is probably workable. This looks like a decent contest for Fontwell standards, but Matt Griffiths will claim 5lbs off her and she could run well at a good price. 3.15 Time The Chair 0.75pt EW - 9/1 Lads Didn't show anything over hurdles, but stepped up and scored over fences on his only start. One would expect any sort of improvement and off very low weight I think he will go well today. Conor O'Farrell will claim 3lbs and I think he is well handicapped.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Leicester 1.20 Trip The Light 0.75pt EW - 16/1 Bet365 Decent on the flat and makes a belated hurdling appearance. Favorite looks good, but on flat rating my selection isn't far off and in a weak contest, I think he might run well. The Peter Bowen horse concedes a stone and could find life difficult. From the bumper horses nothing stands out.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Morgiana Hurdle Thousand Stars 2.5pt win - 3/1 Lads SJ Oscars Well 1pt win - 5/2 Lads PP So Young 0.5pt win - 7/1 Boyle SJ If I was a layer, I would just lay the fav. Not sure why he's so short, but I have to take him on. Thousand Stars 4th in CH and 2nd at Punchestown represent best form and I make him the main selection. Savers on the Neptune Novices horses, who could improve in their 2nd season as hurdlers. Betfair Chase Long Run 1pt win - 5/6 PP Time For Rupert 1pt win - 9/1 VC If you can get 3 places on Betfair I would advise TFR each-way, otherwise a saver on Long Run to get almost the full stake back. TFR will come on for his last run and I think he could reverse form with Weird Al. Never been a fan of Diamond Harry and not sure he will like the ground. Kauto is on the downgrade and while he could run well, I don't think e can win this. The rest are no hopers.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Thursles 12.40 Popcorn 0.5pt EW - 5/1 gen Big chasing type and larger obstacles will be his game. 18 runners here, but full of average horses and if he jumps well he will be thereabouts. Trip might be on the short side, but the ground is soft and he should be fine. Market Rasen 2.20 Le Burf 0.5pt EW - 5/1 gen At the prices available last night he would've been a bigger bet, but has been gambled and 5s is short enough. Finally Liam Treadwell has been jocked off him and he'll have a proper rider on board. On old form he will hose up here and judging by the market move, he's probably ready to do so. Still worth a small nibble I reckon.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Ascot 2.45 Piraya 0.5pt EW - 8/1 Bet365 Lads Ran a stomer in this race off 5 lb higher and maybe the time to catch him is fresh. Interesing race with many having a chance, but equally many not that well handicapped as the market suggest. If the selection can reproduce last year's effort, that might be enough for a win here. 5lbs lower and another 3lbs claimed by Conor O'Farrell will be handy. 3.20 Ballycarney 0.5pt EW - 10/1 Boyle Lads Competitive affiar, but this fella didn't jumpt at all lto and could do a lot better with a clear round. Won 2 handicaps last season and I expect him to progress this year. Ema Lavelle is in fantastic form at the moment and stiff 3 miles will suit the horse. 10/1 looks decent enough price for a small EW nibble.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Haydock 1.55 Jaunty Journey 0.5pt EW - 12/1 gen Hit and miss sort, but has won off 120 over hurdles and 114 over fences looks a good mark. I'm gonna give him a chance in a race, where many look exposed or won't stay. Ground should suit and trainer always a force in the autumn. 2.30 Sunnyhillboy 0.5pt EW - 16/1 gen This fixed brush hurdles could be exactly what he needs, because he sometimes makes mistakes over fences. Was a good hurdler with 5 wins from 7 and despite career high mark, I think he can go well today. The only worry is how fit Jonjo will have him first time out. Very good claimer on board offsetting 10lbs, so fingers crossed he is fit enough to do himself justice. 3.05 Long Run 1pt (already advised) Time For Rupert 1pt (already advised) Advised antepost. Even better price on Long Run today, which makes him a good saver. 3.40 Gansey 1.5pt win - 5/1 gen Mostly Bob 1.5pt win - 6/1 Bet365 Lads Looks a 2 horse race here with both Gansey and Mostly Bob potentially well treated. Many old timers coming after a break and the danger is that some of them might come to some old form and run a big race, but my 2 have scope and I think they will be the main players. Gansey was looking good at Aintree when turning up the straight, but made a mistake 3 out. Then stayed on to get 3rd and 3m could be what he needs. Mostly Bob fell early in RP Chase and a break would have done him good. Looked a horse with potential at Doncaster. Huntingdon 1.10 Water Rose 0.25pt EW - 100/1 PP Just a speculative one here, with fav such a short price and not much form on offer. Yard is going well and this filly could have improved after a break. Owner usually has decent horses. Worth a go at 100/1. Ascot 1.00 Ballagio 1pt win - 13/2 gen Don't like this field and will have a punt on the Chris Gordon horse, who has improved markedly since joining the yard. Has another rise in the weights to fight, but is well capable of doing so, because he's still very much unexposed. Son's claim will be useful as usual. 2.10 Kalahari King 0.5pt win - 8/1 gen I would never back this dog, but extra 3f might suit today and he gets valuable weight form Master Minded and Somersby. Stayed on in 4th last year at Ascot after losing so much ground and then stayed on again in Ryanair chase. The only reason I'm backing him is the ground. He is different horse on quick ground and it looks like it's drying out all the time at Ascot. 3.20 Anquetta 1pt EW - 5/1 Bet365 BetFred 100% record in right handed handicap chases and looked a horse on the upgrade 3 weeks ago. Meets few old rivals here and despite the rise in weights, I think he can confirm the form. The biggest danger is Dan Breen, who was a very good novice last year, but my selection gets weight from him and Nicky seems to be in fantastic form at the moment.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Exeter 1.00 Painter Man 0.75pt EW - 13/2 Boyle WH Not a bad horse, who won fair few times for this yard when last seen. Hasn't been seen for a while, but stable knows how to get them fit fto and mark is very lenient on his past achievements. Claimer will offset weight burden and I can see this fella running a decent race today. 3.30 Azione 1pt EW - 9/2 SpBet 4/1 gen Has won off higher marks and has joined a very good yard, who is in fantastic form. Poor race overall and if the fav is overrated, this fella will most probably the one that will have the winning chance. Punchestown 2.10 Thousand Stars (antepost) Oscars Well (antepost) 3.10 Strain Of Fame 0.5pt EW - 12/1 Bet365 Boyle Ruby rides the mare, but Strain Of Fame looks the value off such low weight. Hasn't won that many races, but mark is still pretty much workable and ground and trip will suit. Yard continues in good form.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Exeter 2.30 Baseball Ted 1.5pt win - 11/2 Coral 5/1 gen Robin De Creuse 0.5pt win - 11/4 gen Baseball Ted hated the ground lto and return to softer will suit. However this looks like a hot little contest with the in form Renard and the unexposed Robin De Creuse in it. The former already won 2 this season and I will take the view that his mark has gone up enough to stop him from winning today. Therefore I will save my stake on the lightly raced Hobbs yardstick, who shaped like a chaser last year jumping his hurdles very big and is probably on a winnable mark. Punchestown 2.40 Not For Converting 1pt EW - 4/1 Boyle Been off the track for a year, but being one of the powerful Mullins yard, I don't expect that to be a problem. Has decent bumper form and this looks like a weak contest. Despite the preference for better surface, I think he has the class to be involved here. If he doesn't find the ground too soft, he will go close. Trainer's son is starting to ride like a really good jockey and gets a lot of good rides this season, not just the bumper horses.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012 Lingfield 3.20 Father Probus 1pt EW - 8/1 Boyle Lads Decent on seasonal reappearance for new yard when 2nd of 6 at Chepstow. Winner and 4th from the race have boosted the form nicely winning since. The selection was qutie keen and will possibly come on for the run. With normal improvement he should get involved today and Paddy Brennan takes the rides. Yard continues in good form and the likely stronger pace should suit.