** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 World Hurdle 2010 Fivefourthree 3pts to win 15/1 Betfair Have taken all kinds of prices on Betfair from 18 to 13. Think this will be the 2nd fav on the day. Had a slight problem, but he had one last year as well and still came back to win the irish version of the race. Only just started training, but will have the usual one or two prep races after Christnmas and will go to Cheltenham. Big Bucks will be hard to beat, but from the current crop of 3m hurdles the only one, who can give him a scare, is the Mullins gray. Stays well, doesn't mind any ground and will definitely be single figures on the day.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.40 Kempton - Shillingstone Yard won a big race at Ascot this weekend. This horse was a fantastic point to pointer and followed that with good runs over fences. Mark of 115 is low and talanted claimer will help him with the weight today. I think anything over evens for place is value here. 5pts to place 2.06 Betfair

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.30 Kempton - Fairyland As much as I look at the race, the Henderson horse looks really well handicapped. Nicholls' is an ukknown quantity and Ruby won't ride. And Bouggler has to be something really special to win off this weight as a 4yo. 2pts to win 10/3 Corals & Tote bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Will be adding a bit of flavour in this thread from time to time. It will get boring with just jump bets. Tried a golf/horse racing double the other day that didn't pay off. Let's have a punt in the Melbouorne Cup. Roman Emperor 2pts e/w 8/1 Stan James I think this is a cracking price. My selection ran a second to today's favorite Viewed in the Caulfield Cup and as usual this race points which horse has a chance in the Melbourne Cup. 2lbs better with the weights today and a nice backable e/w price. If he runs anywhere near his form, he can be in the top 4 and with a bit more improvement can challange for the win. Trainer has almost every time his horses in the places, so I'm hopeful of a big run. He also likes to win it with his 2nd and 3rd string, so :ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.30 Exeter - Nemetan & Love Of Tara I am going with two against the field in this race. Both are course winners. The latter a CD winner. I like Nemetan a lot today. Yard won a big handicap at Ascot on Saturday and won with Shillingstone yesterday, so clearly the horses are in good nick. This horse is 17lbs lower than his chasing mark today over the smaller obstacles. And his record at Exeter is magnificent. The last time ween here he was running a big race when falling at the last. He actually slipped after the jump, so it wasn't a tired jump. This was over 2m5f on soft, so no reason why he can't stay the 2m7f today. Love Of Tara won a moderate novice hurdle last month over C&D. Goodish ground and 2m5f were too sharp at Plumpton yesterday. She plugged on for 2nd and this trip over softer ground will be ideal at Exeter. She's a very game mare, who gives her all and relatively unexposed in such conditions. Yard is absolutely on fire with 3 winners and 6 2nds in the last 15 runners sent on the track. 1pt to win Nemetan @ 12/1 Betfair 1pt to win Love Of Tara @ 11/1 Boyle (money back if 2nd)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Placepot Exeter 2.00 - Red Harbour, Qroktou 2.30 - Royal Charm, Robo 3.00 - Nacarat, Mahogany Blaze, Planet Of Sound, Cornas 3.30 - Sunnyhillboy, Dee Ee Williams, Tchico Polos, Awesome George 4.00 - Present M'lord , Borero, Supreme Keano, Grand Slam Hero 4.30 - Gilsland, Clyffe Hanger, Love Of Tara, Nemetan 1024 lines at 0.01 pts per line Total stake for this bet: 10.24pts

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.30 Chepstow - Fair Shake An outsider for me in this race. There are a few reasons I think this horse can run a race today. His record is hardly inspiring with just one win from 24 over hurdles, but this win did come on heavy at Stratford last year. And the last time we saw him on soft it was at Exeter where he had every chance and fell two out. I am surprised the connections don't run him more often on soft, because the horse clearly enjoys it. I think few of these won't handle the cut today and the fav L'eau Du Nil is top weight and coming from a break might just not be spot on. The other market leader Gracechurch ran some respectable races over hurdles recently, but was very disappointing on the all weather after that. Olivino's all good efforts have come on fast ground. So it's a quite open race and the places are up for grabs imo. I wouldn't have been on such a disapointing sort and would have required a bit more form to back him, but I watched his last race at Stratford, where he was badly outpaced in the back straight and relegated to second last. Then suddenly the next time I saw him was in the home straight where he had overtaken all the other beten horses and finished like a train in 4th. I just think a testing stiff Chepstow will suit him and under the strong hands of Aiden Coleman for the first time today, he can run into a place at a big price. And why not win, anything could happen in a claimer. As I tend to say in these poor affairs, sometimes is better just to be on the best jockey, because he can ask some serious questions and wake an out of form horse up. 1pt e/w 20/1 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.05 Chepstow - Manyriverstocross 2.30 Warwick - Somersby Two very strong favs here with a brigt future. The first over hurdles, the 2nd over fences. Think they should be longer odds on and have gone for the double. 10/11, 11/10 -> 3/1 for the double 2pts double @ 3/1 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.40 Warwick - Fourpointone Fell 2 out when running a nice race last time. It's not a very competitive race here today and with yard going well I am surprised to see evens for place available. Should run a race and has a decent chance. 2pts to win 4/1 BetInternet bog 2pts to place 1.98 Betfair

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Quite a tricky thursday with Haydock heavy and nothing special at Towcester either. At the moment I only have a forecast bet in the 1.00 and that could pretty much be it for today. 1.00 Miss Overdrive / Alegralil The McCain filly has been impressive in her two bumpers, but Miss Overdrive was 5th in the Aintree bumper behind some nice sorts as Candy Creek, Liss Na Tintri and Morning Supreme. Alan King said she'll need the run last month at Cheltenham, but it seems she's a high class mare, so I can see her winning here at the expense of Alegrali. Don't fancy anything splitting those two, so will stick a forecast and hope it will return good odds. 2pts straight forecast

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.30 Haydock - Mister Watzisname Very disappointing over chases since a grade 2 winner over hurdles, but he showed promise the last twice. Falling at Stratford when together with a decent Jonjo sort and last time when leading 3 out and fading. Apparently needed the run. 2pts to win 9/2 b365 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Ballymore Properties 2010 2pts to win Quel Esprit 22.0 Betfair Due to run this weekend and is apparently a very classy individual. Mullins pointed him as the one to follow for the season. Storng words if you bear in mind what horses he has in his yard. Beaten by Dunguib and Rite Of Passage in the champion bumper. The former is probably the most exciting novice for years and could even go in the Champion Hurdle. The latter has pissed the big handicap at Punchestown today. Either way they both won't meet my selection, who is a staying type and after the weekend should be a lot shorter price than this.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

Placepot Exeter 2.00 - Red Harbour, Qroktou 2.30 - Royal Charm, Robo 3.00 - Nacarat, Mahogany Blaze, Planet Of Sound, Cornas 3.30 - Sunnyhillboy, Dee Ee Williams, Tchico Polos, Awesome George 4.00 - Present M'lord , Borero, Supreme Keano, Grand Slam Hero 4.30 - Gilsland, Clyffe Hanger, Love Of Tara, Nemetan 1024 lines at 0.01 pts per line Total stake for this bet: 10.24pts
How do you do a penny a line placepot????????????? i thought minimum stake was 5p

It's not a penny mate. It's in points. If 1pt is 5 quid' date=' then 0.01pt is 5 pennies ;)[/quote'] Forgive me if i sound like a asshole but i still do not get it. You have 2x2x4x4x4x4 = 1024 bets and the minimum stake possible to place is 5p which would come up to over £50+ so how would you possibly place the bet for £10+. Im not wanting to start a war but as i place a lot of placepot bets i was just interested how you came up with the figures :ok;)

Forgive me if i sound like a asshole but i still do not get it. You have 2x2x4x4x4x4 = 1024 bets and the minimum stake possible to place is 5p which would come up to over £50+ so how would you possibly place the bet for £10+. Im not wanting to start a war but as i place a lot of placepot bets i was just interested how you came up with the figures :ok;)
His 10.24pts could easily be £50 mate. Let's say his 0.01pt is 5p for talking sake. 10.24pts (2x2x4x4x4x4) as already stated, multiplied by 5p, the value of his 0.01pt. (Not penny), = £51.20. Milen is working in pts mate, not £ and pennies. We will never know the true value of his "pts", but they are definitely not "1p". :ok

Ok i think i get you but than these bets are "Unreal" as he would not possibly be able to place these in a bookmakers?
Why? Placepot slip, fill in 2x2x4x4x4x4 selections, check the "5p" stake, pay the £51.20 to the cashier. Then covert the 5p to whatever it is in points value for this thread. In this case it would be 0.01pts. Making 1pt bets - £5. Can you not see the logic mate?

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Yes i can see the logic but this is a fairytale bet as it would not be a real bet if its £51.20 then its £51.20 NOT £5 i would not post a bet up for instance on a 10/1 horse and post 1p win at 10/1 as this bet would be IMPOSSIBLE. If we are going down the lines of posting on here UNREAL bets than that is fine i totally understand. But i thought bets placed on a thread would need to be REALISTIC so to speak?

Yes i can see the logic but this is a fairytale bet as it would not be a real bet if its £51.20 then its £51.20 NOT £5 i would not post a bet up for instance on a 10/1 horse and post 1p win at 10/1 as this bet would be IMPOSSIBLE. If we are going down the lines of posting on here UNREAL bets than that is fine i totally understand. But i thought bets placed on a thread would need to be REALISTIC so to speak?
I didn't say it was £5. I am saying his 1pt (for other bets) would equate to £5 is his 0.01pts equate to 5p. He is counting his profits as Points, (same way I am, and many others making threads). We will never know the true value of "pts" in terms "£". I'm not Milen, but as I am working the same way "pts" and not "£". I can't see what is unrealistic about charting your bets in a "pts" manner and not "£". :unsure I think I am confusing myself here, going round and round in circles..v:unsure Point is, I can see the realism.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 1.20 Hexham - Its Teescomponents An improving mare, who has been running very well in pointers 2,2,1,2. Then won first start over regulations with nice success at Cartmel. The track here is very similar and 8lbs higher mark shouldn't be a problem especially with 8lbs claimer on board. The Vaughan horse is now withdrawn and the Sue Smith runner has had his best runs over 3m+, so I think my selections is improving and well handicapped for today. 2pts e/w 9/2 Ladbrokes (and yes it's points, not pennies :dude)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Hexham - The Hollinwell Always has been showing ability and was placed few times over hurdles. A lot of improvement is expcted over fences and market suport is interesting. Ferdy won a race few days ago and form of the yard seems to be picking up. We all know he is the man to back in november. 2pts to win 11/2 bog VC, PP 2pts to place 1.93 Betfair