** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.15 Thurles - Whatuthink 6th in World Hurdle and 3rd in the irish one. Ruby riding is an interesting booking. 2.40 Carlisle - Songe The 3rd behind Sentry Duty and the win against Afsoun make him clear pick on hurdles form. Trainer won with Young Albert 2 days ago and Kaldouas was running a big race yesterday when falling, so Songe could be spot on for today and is a bit of value. 1.5pts double on the two 6/4 and 4/1 @ Paddy.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.35 Fakenham - Winsley Hill Was on her when winning last week. No reasons not to back her again. Since upped up in trip form has been magnificent 1,2,4,2,1,PU,1. The pulled up effort was a one off, because she made some bad mistakes that day. I think this mark can still be low. Wasn't disgraced over hurdles this time last year finishing 4th in a listed event when being rated 116. My Petra, who is a very very classy mare won this race with 2 very good horses in 2nd and 3rd. So with wins on left and right handed tracks and with wins on flat and undaulting tracks I can't see a reason not to back her again. Fav has won a very moderate novice hurdle lto and is definitely the wrong price. 5pts to win 7/2 bog @ BetInternet 0.5pts rev f/c with Cool Roxy, who is the main danger and I only see the race between my selection and the 12y Fakenham legend today.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Gold Cup 2010 Another small bet, who is value for me Aran Concerto Always been a fan of this horse. Was a pre-season fav for the RSA, but got an injury after his debut win. Noel Meade has said from day one this is the best horse he has ever trained. Had a setback last year and missed most of the season. Did win his chases well though and everything has went ok since then. Should be a classy chaser and one that can potentially be a threat to Kauto Star and Denman. Trainer has said this is the target for Aran this year and it's important when taking an antepost bet. 1pt e/w @ 50/1 Bet365

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

9/2 at SP was a very good price considering he was the most progressive animal in a weakish race. :clap
Yes Fin, very surprised by that. And Cool Roxy drifted to 7/1 on Betfair :eek Got also Busker Royal who just won at 2/1, so a nice day for me :ok One final bet comes in the last at Fakenham.. You will rarely see me tip one in a bumper, but Traditional Bells caught my eye when doing some nice progress last time only to fail in the end. He finished just 1l behind a fancied Tim Vaughan runner. Similar we again have today. Trainer Rebeca Curtis has done extremely well on the flat this year and with this race being more in this category I am willing to have a pop at a massive price. Exellent e/w value with 8 runners. Fav is an obvious danger with stable winning the race last year, but apart from that, the places are up for grabs and my selection could well surprise a few and land in the money. As usual play Betfair with 3 places guaranteed or wait untill the off to place an e/w bet. Traditional Bells @ 28.0 and 4.6 1pt to win & 1pt to place

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Tricky saturday with lots of unfit horses and competitive racing. I'll play a 1pt treble on the first three at Aintree. Starting in the 1.05 with Nampour. Travelled well two weeks ago, but didn't stay. 10lbs lower today with Hawkins claiming. No Johnson on board. Will be fit and ready and should run a big race. 1pt to place 2.86 Betfair If it goes in we'll be on the next race with the money won from here.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Going for a shocker in the last .. 4.35 Aintree - Switched Off I think this horse is a bit overpriced on form. It's true he finished tailed off in 7th lto, but he ran 2 nice bumpers prior to that finishing 2nd and then winning in Southwel. The race he won has some form boost too. The second had a 2nd since and the 5th won his next bumper. Trainer does well in these races and has a win on the flat and a win over fences recently, so yard's doing fine. Ollie Greenal is great young rider and is worthy every bit of his 3lbs claim. 1pt to win 27.0 Betfair 1pt to place 6.2 Betfair

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Arkle Chase 2010 1.5pts to win on Jered @ 70.0 Betfair Noel Meade is very bullish about this horse. The sudden dip in form last year wasn't without a reason. They found a problem with him. AP likes him a lot and could well ride him if Captain Cee Bee isn't as good as thought. I think Jered would make a nice chaser and I am really looking forward seeing him over fences. His form over hurdles prior to the 3 last disappointing efforts is top class and I am having a small bet at this price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 And a 0.5pt bet on Franchoek for the Arkle @ 220 Betfair Alan King is looking forward to his chasing career. Had a very cheeky smile when interviewed and said he would surprise people over fences. His trip is 2m4f, but they are considering a drop back to 2m, because he likes to front run and this will suit him. He will need to stay a bit more to win an Arkle anyway. Struggled as a 2nd season hurdler, but was a very good novice and 2nd to Celestial Halo in the Triumph. Speculative small bet on him at a huge price. I think he'll make a nice chaser. Always looked like one to me anyway.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 5.20 Wexford - Hayabusa Disappointing last time out, but probably didn't like the step up in trip. Mullins does extremely well in these races and the price is big now. For me she sets the standard and warrants serious consideration dropping back to this trip. 4pts to win 7/2 bog VC

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Things going well, but missed Peut Etre Sivola today and Leamington Lad on Thursday. Had them both lined up for bets. 15/2 both returned :spank Sometimes I hate Saturdays with many jump meetings. You have to study the night before otherwise you either scratch one of the cards like I did with Stratford today or you go through the races quicker, but that's not going to give profit most of the time, is it? The Leamingtin Lad bet.. well no idea how I forgot it. Some decent action tomorrow with the seasonal debut of Cappa Bleu on the cards :ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.00 Wincanton - Bowleaze I like these staying handicaps a lot. Tend to back unexposed types, who are potentially well in the weights and stay the trip. Sometimes it's good to back a more exposed type though. Someone sure to run his race and be thereabouts when few others are not that ready yet with season just starting. Monet's Garden proved yesterday that when the track suits and the horse is fit and ready, then he can win even if handicapped to his best. Same could be said for my selection. Always runs well this time of the year. 1st, 2nd in 2006. 2nd, 1st in 2007. Needed a prep run last year, but won his next race. And comes here today after a prep race at Chepstow. Was 2nd in the race 2 years ago just 4lbs lower. Won at Sandown 4lbs lower. I would have liked usual claimer to ride taking 7lbs off, but maybe it's for the better. He hit the front too early at Cheltenham and the horse was headed afterwards. Still ran a brilliant race to finish 4th. I think right handed galloping tracks suit him better though. Most of his good runs are at Sandown. Also has two 2nds and a win here at Wincanton from 5 attempts. Should run his race and Daryl Jackob is the right man not to go too early or too late for the post if his mount is travelling and has a chance. 1pt e/w 16/1 Boylesports bog

Cappa Bleu running today Milen' date=' 2.10 Aintree :ok[/quote'] Yes mate, you were on the 100s as well , right? Trainer said this is just a prep for the Hennessy. And 2m4f at Aintree seems a bit short. Horse should be a class above, but gives them 10lbs and over this short trip can't back him at odds on. Hope he wins well though. It's rumoured he'll be AP's GC mount this year. Connections mean business :ok

3.00 Wincanton - Bowleaze I like these staying handicaps a lot. Tend to back unexposed types, who are potentially well in the weights and stay the trip. Sometimes it's good to back a more exposed type though. Someone sure to run his race and be thereabouts when few others are not that ready yet with season just starting. Monet's Garden proved yesterday that when the track suits and the horse is fit and ready, then he can win even if handicapped to his best. Same could be said for my selection. Always runs well this time of the year. 1st, 2nd in 2006. 2nd, 1st in 2007. Needed a prep run last year, but won his next race. And comes here today after a prep race at Chepstow. Was 2nd in the race 2 years ago just 4lbs lower. Won at Sandown 4lbs lower. I would have liked usual claimer to ride taking 7lbs off, but maybe it's for the better. He hit the front too early at Cheltenham and the horse was headed afterwards. Still ran a brilliant race to finish 4th. I think right handed galloping tracks suit him better though. Most of his good runs are at Sandown. Also has two 2nds and a win here at Wincanton from 5 attempts. Should run his race and Daryl Jackob is the right man not to go too early or too late for the post if his mount is travelling and has a chance. 1pt e/w 16/1 Boylesports bog
0.5pts e/w 18/1 SpBet
:clap:clap:clap

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Mileni, hard luck with it, I still havent watched the race yet but from what you say it sounds like he ran a cracker for us. RE the R4, I'm in the same boat as you and backed him at 29.0 on Betfair, however, William Hill do list all the R4's on their site, which Is what I use for my flat thread in similar situations. Click on the horse racing tab and then click into the 3.00 at Winc...

• 20.00p Reduction at 05:00:00 --> 14:38:14
  • 10.00p Reduction at 14:38:15 --> 14:46:02

:ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Champion Hurdle 2010 0.5pts to win Mourad @ 320.0 Betfair The third from the Triumph is a horse I think will improve a great deal this season. The penny dropped too late for him to challange Walkon and Zyanair in March, but still ran a very good race and stayed on powerfully up the hill. I think there is a lot of improvement in him and Cheltenham suits him. He can be up there with the best 2m hurdles this year just like Celestial Halo did it last year. Quevega as far as I understood from Mullins' interview on ATR is missing the season, so Mourad will be trainer's 2nd string in the CH. Certainly at this price he's worth a punt.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.25 Punchestown - Pandorama/Clan Tara 1pt - Tote Exacta I think this race is between the two market leaders and they are miles clear of the rest. Pandorama was beaten only by Mikael D'haguenet, who was the best novice last season and was going to be beat by Cousin Vinny, who also has strong form. Pandorama will be a decent chaser and can start with a win here. Clan Tara ran some respectable races in graded company and should follow the jolly home, but not sure he can win this race. So I am playing the exacta here with fav a likely winner and 2nd fav very likely to chase him home ahead of the rest.