** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 2.20 Cheltenham - Gaspara Has won five times from 2m to 2m4f on all kings of grounds. Not tried on such a quick surface, but her mark has dropped so much recently I can't leave it untouched today. With Hadden Frost on board she's running off 129, which is low for her capabilities. 4th and 5th in the Mares hurdle race at the festival 2 consecutive years. Won the Fred Winter in 2007. Likes it here and can run a big race in todays drop in class. Was a 150 rated 2 years ago. The run in the mares hurdle in march showed she still has ability. I just have a sneaky feeling her last run was just for fitness and for lowering her mark for today. 1.5pt to win @ Betfair 19.5 1.5pt to place @ Betfair 4.1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.05 - Maljimar & Parsons Legacy - 1pt Rev FC Can't decide which one is more likely to win the race, so I will have a reverse forecast on the two. Fancy them to fight out the finish here. Maljimar ran a huge race at the festival and repat of this effort will seal this. Parsons Legacy has won 4 from 5 seasonal debuts and good ground + cheltenham brings the best out of him. From the field these two stand out for me, so a small bet at hopefully a nice price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Grand National 2010 Tricky Trickster 2pts e/w @ 25/1 b365 5 places Long way to go, but I had a free bet and listened to Paul Nicholls interview how the only target for this horse this year is the GN. Brought from Nigel Twiston Davies after winning impressively at the festival. Mark of 149 is absolutely fine and with his record he looks more like a progressive gold cup horse rather than a grand national horse. Some nice wins and decent prices won. I think Nicholls knows what's he's doing and he was quite close with My Will and Big Fella Thanks last year. With clear target, staying ability and horse being tried over hurdles until the weights are out, this could be a lot lot shorter price in few months time. Had a 1pt e/w as a free bet and 1pt e/w additional, but for this thread the bet is 2pts e/w.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.50 Cheltenham - Diablo Won a very competitive novice hurdle this time last year. It could have been a different result if there weren't so many fallers, but the horse ran well and showed he can stay 3m at Cheltenham. He was then tried in very competitive races, but the yard was out of form. Connections think a lot of this fella though. I remember their disappointment when I was at Stratford and the horse got beat that day. I think he can be a very good chaser and showed promise on his debut. Receiving 8lbs from the King and Nicholls horses and with step up in trip to suit I think he represents a nice value. 1pt @ 11/2 PP,WH 1pt @ 5/1 SpBet - refund if he unseats, is brought down or falls

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 A tricky day today, so I'll have a fun treble on jumps, flat and the footie. 2.7pts on Starluck @ 4/5 Bet365, Lads bog If he wins I will put the winnings on Fame And Glory for place. If he also wins I will put the winnings on Everton against Wolves if it's still 0:0 after the Champion Stakes is finished. Should be about 5-10th minute of the game :ok I think Starluck will be too good for his rivals today. Expect him to do great things as a 2nd season hurdler. Fame And Glory is huge 1.70 for place and can't see him out of the three. And Everton should be too strong for Wolves with the visitors leaking goals. Stay tuned :drums

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.15 Cheltenham - Poquelin I fancied this horse to contest the Arkle last year, but he disapoointed after exellent win at Cheltenham early in the autumn. I think he can be well treated for today though. The opposition is nothing special and Poquelin is very good when fresh and when the ground is good. Decent chance and could take the race off this mark. 2pts to win 9/2 Boyle bog 2pts to place 2.52 Betfair

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010

A tricky day today, so I'll have a fun treble on jumps, flat and the footie. 2.7pts on Starluck @ 4/5 Bet365, Lads bog If he wins I will put the winnings on Fame And Glory for place. If he also wins I will put the winnings on Everton against Wolves if it's still 0:0 after the Champion Stakes is finished. Should be about 5-10th minute of the game
Nice win by Starluck. 5pts earned and going on Fame And Glory @ 1.78 to place :ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.35 Fontwell - Tot Of The Knar Ran a decent 3rd at Chepstow last weekend and is very consistent. This race looks easier and the shorter distance will help him get home. Good chance and 3/1 is worth it. 2pts to win 3/1 bog - Coral 4.35 Kempton - Noble Request Hobbs has won this race 3 times in the last five years and from all horses he has, he decides to go with this, who hasn't raced for more than 3 years. This is a sign that the horse should be ready. Was a grade 1 performer in 2005 and 2006 and with the yard in top form I think he can win at a decent price. 2pts to win 4/1 bog - BetInternet, Stan James 1pt double 11/4, 4/1 - BetInternet

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.50 Plumpton Manjam Improved a lot on handicap debut on quick ground after disappointing efforts on soft. Interesting today with Aiden Coleman on board. 1.5pts to win @ 11.0 Betfair 1.5pts to place @ 3.30 Betfair Weststern I see this horse as a danger with the 10lbs claimer on board. Mark of 81 with the claimer is low and the horse is on form. Moore's horses are in good shape as well. So.. 1pt win saver @ 5/1 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.40 Exeter - Charming Oscar Wasn't very sure about this with couple having a chance here, but I just think the race he won last spring ahead of Bermuda Pointe, Farmer's Lad and Ping Pong Sivola is strong form. PPS has form 2,1,1,2 since then. BP won and finished 2nd in his next two starts. FL has two 3rd places. Raised 10lbs for the win, the selection was running a nice race in his next reappearance, but was hampered and finished 4th. Same mark today and 3lbs claimer will be very handy. Ran for getting to full fitness over hurdles last time and should be spot on here. Trainer is in decent form with two wins and four places in the last two weeks. 8 runners, so wait until the off to place an e/w bet or take the place at Betfair. Great e/w chance. 2pts to win @ 6/1 bog 2pts to place @ 2.24 Betfair

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.40 Exeter - Young Albert A saver on this fella, who should just brush up his jumping to feature here. Decent 2nd lto with lots of jumping errors, but should jump a lot better on 2nd chasing bow. Has won off 111 and was 4th off 115, so mark of 107 is low enough and Paddy Brennan is taking the ride again. 0.5pts to win 6/1 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 3.10 Exeter - Tataniano/Award Winner Tataniano is touted to be stable's best 2m novice chaser this season and was very good over hurdles. Award winner is the clear pick from the rest and with McCoy back on board should run a decent chasing debut. Has won twice for him this time last year. Hard to beat the jolly though. 1.8pts straight forecast

4.40 Exeter - Young Albert A saver on this fella, who should just brush up his jumping to feature here. Decent 2nd lto with lots of jumping errors, but should jump a lot better on 2nd chasing bow. Has won off 111 and was 4th off 115, so mark of 107 is low enough and Paddy Brennan is taking the ride again. 0.5pts to win 6/1 bog
Another 0.5pts on this one. There has been a bit of support and I really can see him being well treated on his hurdling mark. Paddy will also know more about him and that should help the horse jump better.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.50 Worcester - William Boney The price on Super Formen in this race is as usual is very poor just because Ruby is riding and it's Nicholls. The horse has beaten William Boney just 1l getting 1lb from him. Since then William has won twice and has progressed well. Super Formen is 5/1 and William Boney is double figures? How is this happedning when the Charlie Mann's horse gets 3lbs today? Has wins on soft and on good. Staying the trip is not a doubt. The horse has won on soft 2m1f at Cheltenham, which for me means he will stay the 2m4f at Worcester. Poor value on Super Formen. 7s or 8s is what I will call the right price. 0.5pts to win 14.5 Betfair 1pts to win 10/1 Boyle bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 4.50 Worcester - Celtic Boy Has run superb races for new yard. The last race he contested was a decent 3rd behind Gaelic Flight, who finished 2nd to Poqueiln at the weekend. The race he won before that had a horse in 2nd, who has won twice since. And in the race before that he was beten by Winsley Hill, who also won since and I backed few days ago. That's some pretty strong form and this fella could still be well treated, because he has won off 130 and has been as high as 139 2,3 years ago. 124 is not high and sometimes it's better to back the form horses when the seasonal debutants are needing the run. Celtic Boy seems back to his best and Aiden Coleman rides once again. Last but not least record here at Worcester is 1,1,1,3. 1.5pts to win 7/1 bog

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks ~ 2009/2010 Got the race pretty much right. Celtic Boy never featured, but William Bonney finished well. Super Formen was nailed on for place, but was a poor price for me. The 4th I had on my list was the winner, who I just thought will need quick ground. Has some decent form on good to soft though and I should have backed him really. Especially at the price. Made a mistake with his ground preference. Was just talking to Stewart how I want him to be 3rd or 4th and on quicker he will deffo win next time. Well .. it was this time, not next time :) Current Figures: Bets: 32 Staked: 89.0 P/L: +19.6 Yield: +22.02%

Good start :clap
Long may it continue :ok 3.25 Ludlow - Rate Field This one travelled like a dream last time and just didn't stay. Should strip fitter this time and gets weight from rival, who beat him at Towcester. Is twice the price this time and the value bet of the race. Has two placed efforts on soft in Irleand and won't mind the rain. I think the key for him will be the flatter track. Trainer in form and I'm definitely willing to have a bit of this price. 1.5pts to win 10/1 Paddy 1.5pts to place 9/4 Paddy