** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BOG-trotting with bet365

slapdash

Won. Bank now £3002.46.

That's the eighth time I've gone above £3k, the last time being in April, after which I quickly dipped below, where I've been for six months.

In an attempt to break through the 3k barrier for good, I'm going to experiment with being a little more selective, leaving out the very, very marginal selections, which will probably rule out only about 15-20% or less, so there shouldn't be a huge difference in the number of selections.

1.05 Kelso: Tomorrow's Legend £6.67@9/2

1.20 Aintree: Spookydooky £15.00@100/30

2.30 Aintree: Simonsig £20.00@5/2

4.35 Chelmsford: Romancingthestone £3.64@11/4

4.35 Chelmsford: Name That Toon £3.00@100/30

5.40 Chelmsford: Magnus Maximus £3.64@11/4

6.10 Chelmsford: Percy Veer £2.86@7/2

7.10 Chelmsford: Comanche Chieftain £3.33@3/1

On 11/7/2015, 10:35:27, slapdash said:

Won. Bank now £3002.46.

That's the eighth time I've gone above £3k, the last time being in April, after which I quickly dipped below, where I've been for six months.

I still don't understand why though (after consistently being successful earlier on). I am sure there must be a reason for the change in performance somewhere ... ?

12 hours ago, MPLouis said:

I still don't understand why though (after consistently being successful earlier on). I am sure there must be a reason for the change in performance somewhere ... ?

It could just be that Bet365 have become less generous, or better, setting their odds. There's definitely been a change since I started in the number of selections that come up, even though I've not really changed anything. Now it's quite common to have a day midweek (like today) with nothing, whereas when I started, as far as I remember, that was very rare. I'm less sure about this, but it also feels as though a greater proportion of the selections now are fairly marginal, which is why I'm hoping that eliminating the very marginal ones might be enough to change from breaking even (which is basically what I seem to have done for the last year or so) to making a profit again.