Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** July Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, =2nd muttley, =2nd kevsul **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

BOG-trotting with bet365

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like this thread a lot. Totally different to my style of betting but very interesting and much more disciplined.

1.35 Wexford: After Rain £10.00@3/1 2.10 Wexford: Indian Court £8.57@7/2 1.55 Galway: Captain Von Trappe £27.27@11/10  

Via Egnatia won, Pivoine placed, and Smart Call was a non-runner. Bank now £3255.55.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365 Glory Hunters Needs You This thread has been nominated as best system for the year. Slapdash has already went from £100 to over £2000 in about 2 and a half years. If Slapdash continues at this rate, well you do the math. He is competing against systems producing far, far less profits.................... however, they are at a busier part of the forum, which generates much more interest. This system deserves, based on performance alone, to win something from the Oscars It's time to show them we are still here, and our best attempts should still be noticed. It's time to stand up for the little guy. Vote Slapdashs BOG trotting. :cheers http://forum.punterslounge.com/f129/punters-lounge-globally-best-system-125144/#post2083330

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365

Great thread. What time do you look to make your selections? Also' date=' I imagne the disparity in the stakes is due to the magnitude of difference between betfair and bet365 odds, given best 'value'...Right?[/quote'] I usually make my selections around 10.45-11.00 ...ish. No, the only reason the stakes vary is that my stake is always the maximum that Bet365 will allow me to bet. Usually this seems to be the amount that would give a profit of £10 if the horse won, but on big races they allow more.

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365 What time would you reckon is best? Do you reckon you would have achieved this much profit if you placed bets an hour later at 12? I'd imagine the selections would be quite different as odds change quick.. The nearer to the meeting, whereby the criteria is met, the better no? Odds would be better reflection of the race

What time would you reckon is best? Do you reckon you would have achieved this much profit if you placed bets an hour later at 12? I'd imagine the selections would be quite different as odds change quick.. The nearer to the meeting, whereby the criteria is met, the better no? Odds would be better reflection of the race
I'm not really sure, to be honest. The main reason for the time I choose (apart from it often being a convenient time for me) is that it seems to strike a balance between: (a) Not having enough liquidity on Betfair. Apart from big races, my impression is that information from the Betfair market is less conclusive (there are big gaps between back and lay odds) before mid-morning. Also, of course, I can't do it until Bet365 have posted their odds! and (b) Bet365 having time to correct any major ricks in their odds. I do occasionally come across quite large differences between Betfair lay odds and Bet365 odds (by "quite large" I mean something like 4.50 vs 5.00; more typical would be something like 4.90 vs 5.00), and my impression is that Bet365 often cuts their odds on these quite soon after I bet, so I'd miss these if I waited until 12:00. I have thought of doing evening meetings later in the day, and my main reason for not doing so is really just that it's less time-consuming to do everything at once.

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365 I got out of the habit of posting detailing stats over a year ago, I'm ashamed to realise :$. To the end of October 2010, these were the figures:

Stats to the end of October, not including £7.13 returned stakes from the Channel 4 promo and similar. Bets: 1053 Non-runners: 22 Won: 320 (including one dead heat) EW places: 66 Lost: 645 Total stake: £7681.87 Profit/loss: +£1406.98 ROI: +18.32%
It would take a long time to go through the records to get detailed strike rate information, but I can get rough figures from my Bet365 account information: From 1/11/2010 to 31/12/2011: Bets: 677 Total stake: £5346.11 Profit/loss: £538.35 ROI: +10.07% (This will include any returned stakes I've got from the Channel 4 promo, while my earlier figures don't, though it's a small difference.) Combining this with the previous stats to get all-time figures gives: Bets: 1730 Total stake: £13027.98 Profit/loss: £1945.33 ROI: +14.93%

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365 Shouldnt that be 14.93% Yield or POT (profit on turnover) As you stated in post 1 you invested £100 so ......... Return on investment (%) = Net profit ($) / Investment ($) * 100 % ROI = 1945.33% Yield/POT = 14.93% Whatever you want to call it , well done anyway :ok

Shouldnt that be 14.93% Yield or POT (profit on turnover) As you stated in post 1 you invested £100 so ......... Return on investment (%) = Net profit ($) / Investment ($) * 100 % ROI = 1945.33% Yield/POT = 14.93% Whatever you want to call it , well done anyway :ok
Well, I guess it depends on how you define "investment". "POT" makes more sense to me, but I doubt whether most people would know what I meant if I used that. Maybe "yield" is better, but (rightly or wrongly) I think that in betting, as opposed to finance, most people use "ROI" in the way I do. Anyway, you know what I mean.

Theoretcally speaking' date=' all your bets ar sure-wins? If your back odds on Bet365 are higher than all your lay odds on betfair, then you could stake accordingly to snap up profits of 0.5%-3% on each selection.[/quote'] If I didn't have to pay commission on Betfair that would be true, but I think it's uncommon for the difference in odds to be enough to cover the commission, except perhaps on the place part of eachway bets. Anyway, even without commission, the profit from just backing them on Bet365 seems to be higher than what I'd get by hedging on Betfair, and since the stakes are typically very small, I'm not bothered about reducing variance at the expense of profit.